0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Suiton: Suirou No Jutsu) - Water Style: Water Prison
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 15
Damage: N/A
Description: This technique is used to trap a victim inside a virtually inescapable sphere of water by waving the Snake → Ram → Horse → Hare → Ram → Horse → Hare → Hands spread in front palms out. The only downside to this technique is that the user must keep at least one arm inside the sphere at all times in order for the victim to remain imprisoned. This technique requires a sufficient amount of water, which can be provided by expelling it from one's mouth. Once trapped the target is unable to move while within it due to the heaviness of the water. Because of the density of the water it can be used, to a limited extent, for defensive purposes if performed on oneself. Water clones can be used in preparation for the technique, which block an opponent's attack and trap the attacker in the prison using the clone's own water.

(Suiton: Funshutsu Mizu Kinko) - Water Release: Gushing Water Imprisonment
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 20
Description: The user creates a flow of gushing water under the opponent which traps them in a sphere of water. The user can perform an attack while the opponent is trapped. This jutsu is similar to Water Prison Technique, though the user doesn't need to keep his arm in the sphere of water.

Note: This creates its own water source.

Initially, the same technique. The only difference is the latter can be done without having to in close proximity, and keeping the user's hand on/in the sphere of water. That's not important though, nor what this thread is about. What this thread is for is to suggest/rectify (if such isn't already implemented) on this:

Because of the density of the water it can be used, to a limited extent, for defensive purposes if performed on oneself. To what extent will the RP allow us to control the properties of the technique(s)? Especially when proof that the sphere's properties can be manipulated according to the user's wishes is present.

Evidence:

1. - — Kisame is able to move & perform summoning.

2. — Kisame is able to manipulate the sphere so his opponents can't breath, or move.

3. — Kakashi is capable of speech inside the sphere; Zabuza allowed this through manipulating the properties of said sphere (as the user has total control of the technique's properties).

Let me give an RP example:

Byakuren sculpted the rising water around him into a dense sphere of water, suppressing the liquid to the inner outskirts of the bubble as to not drown himself, while allowing minor movement.

In that example, my character Byakuren has used the B rank version of the technique, surrounding himself in the water sphere, and altering the properties of the sphere, so to act as a proper defense (as the C rank version states it can do).

My suggestion (if it isn't already common knowledge), is to perhaps simply edit in to both techniques that the altering of said technique is capable by the user.

New descriptions:

Description: This technique is used to trap a victim inside a virtually inescapable sphere of water by waving the Snake → Ram → Horse → Hare → Ram → Horse → Hare → Hands spread in front palms out. The only downside to this technique is that the user must keep at least one arm inside the sphere at all times in order for the victim to remain imprisoned. This technique requires a sufficient amount of water, which can be provided by expelling it from one's mouth. Once trapped the target is unable to move while within it due to the heaviness of the water. However, the user may minorly alter the properties of the sphere, allowing the confined to breath, talk, and move freely. Because of the density of the water it can be used, to a limited extent, for defensive purposes if performed on oneself. Water clones can be used in preparation for the technique, which block an opponent's attack and trap the attacker in the prison using the clone's own water.

Description: The user creates a flow of gushing water under the opponent which traps them in a sphere of water. The user can perform an attack while the opponent is trapped. This jutsu is similar to the Water Prison Technique, enabling the user to alter the properties of the water sphere minorly. As well, the user doesn't need to keep his arm in the sphere of water.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The difference between the two:

Water Prison: "The only downside to this technique is that the user must keep at least one arm inside the sphere at all times in order for the victim to remain imprisoned. This technique requires a sufficient amount of water, which can be provided by expelling it from one's mouth."

Gushing Water Imprisonment: "This creates its own water source."

Last edited:

Byakuren

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The difference between the two:

Water Prison: "This technique requires a sufficient amount of water, which can be provided by expelling it from one's mouth."

Gushing Water Imprisonment: "This creates its own water source."
What does this have to do with the threads suggestion though Anubis? Water Prison technique is shown to allow its user to alter its properties. Gushing Water Imprisonment is a B rank version of the technique (in theory).

Both techniques work in a similar fashion (as explained in the tooltip of the B rank version), thus should be capable of altering similarly to the C rank version.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What does this have to do with the threads suggestion though Anubis? Water Prison technique is shown to allow its user to alter its properties. Gushing Water Imprisonment is a B rank version of the technique (in theory).

Both techniques work in a similar fashion (as explained in the tooltip of the B rank version), thus should be capable of altering similarly to the C rank version.
I edited. My mistake if I didn't understand your suggesting. And I disagree.

1. Water Prison is labeled C-rank for its minor setbacks while Gushing Water Imprisonment is labeled B-rank because it's level of controlling water.

2. You're NOT changing its properties when utilizing Water Prison, you alter the manipulation.

3. You cannot utilize it defensively because that is not how the Jutsu works. It would only work if you can somehow breathe underwater. Do you have that ability?

4. I can only see it happening if you combine it with D-rank Water Release, which I think is possible, but I don't know how will Mods rule it.

Byakuren

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I edited. My mistake if I didn't understand your suggesting. And I disagree.

1. Water Prison is labeled C-rank for its minor setbacks while Gushing Water Imprisonment is labeled B-rank because it's level of controlling water.

2. You're NOT changing its properties when utilizing Water Prison, you alter the manipulation.

3. You cannot utilize it defensively because that is not how the Jutsu works. It would only work if you can somehow breathe underwater. Do you have that ability?

4. I can only see it happening if you combine it with D-rank Water Release, which I think is possible, but I don't know how will Mods rule it.

1. Yeah. That's pretty clear.

2. Yeah, actually you can change the properties of Water Prison, as shown in my evidence spoiler...

Evidence:

2. — Kisame is able to manipulate the sphere so his opponents can't breath, or move.

3. — Kakashi is capable of speech inside the sphere; Zabuza allowed this through manipulating the properties of said sphere (as the user has total control of the technique's properties).
Property: A thing or things belonging to someone (someone changes to something in this case).

Kisame, and Zabuza both users of Water Prison were able to control the density of the technique... Which is the reason why: Kisame was capable of moving in the Water Prison to summon his sharks, Zabuza was able to alter sphere's properties so Kakashi could speak, and Kisame was able to alter the sphere so Team 8 couldn't move, and breath.

3. Can't utilize it defensively yet the description states you can, and you just stated the B rank version is labeled such because it possesses a higher level of control... Come on now lol.

4. What?

Last edited:

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

1. Yeah. That's pretty clear.

2. Yeah, actually you can change the properties of Water Prison, as shown in my evidence spoiler...

Property: A thing or things belonging to someone (someone changes to something in this case).

Kisame, and Zabuza both users of Water Prison were able to control the density of the technique... Which is the reason why: Kisame was capable of moving in the Water Prison to summon his sharks, Zabuza was able to alter sphere's properties so Kakashi could speak, and Kisame was able to alter the sphere so Team 8 couldn't move, and breath.

3. Can't utilize it defensively yet the description states you can, and you just stated the B rank version is labeled such because it possesses a higher level of control... Come on now lol.

4. What?
I was thinking of consistency, but that doesn't matter, it's all the same. Also you mean this definition:

Property: an attribute, quality, or characteristic of something:

Anyway, I missed that (I been doing that lately), but if it says you can do it, then you can do it. However, they only flaw I see with that is, does a Clone place you in the technique or you do it yourself? I mean the technique must be stable through constant contact. If you want this as a combine Jutsu I see people getting around both Jutsu disadvantages.

Last edited:

Byakuren

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was thinking of consistency, but that doesn't matter, it's all the same. Also you mean this definition:

Property: an attribute, quality, or characteristic of something:

Anyway, I missed that (I been doing that lately), but if it says you can do it, then you can do it. However, they only flaw I see with that is, does a Clone place you in the technique or you do it yourself? I mean the technique must be stable through constant contact. If you want this as a combine Jutsu I see people getting around both Jutsu disadvantages.
It doesn't matter what I say, I'm going off what the manga shows, my word is nothing without the evidence provided.

@bold:
Description: This technique is used to trap a victim inside a virtually inescapable sphere of water by waving the Snake → Ram → Horse → Hare → Ram → Horse → Hare → Hands spread in front palms out. The only downside to this technique is that the user must keep at least one arm inside the sphere at all times in order for the victim to remain imprisoned. This technique requires a sufficient amount of water, which can be provided by expelling it from one's mouth. Once trapped the target is unable to move while within it due to the heaviness of the water. Because of the density of the water it can be used, to a limited extent, for defensive purposes if performed on oneself. Water clones can be used in preparation for the technique, which block an opponent's attack and trap the attacker in the prison using the clone's own water.

All this suggestion is implying is adding (if such isn't already implemented) the canonically shown ability to alter the Water Prison's density (as we ninja do with most Suiton techniques), to both the C rank & B rank versions. It's not a combined technique.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It doesn't matter what I say, I'm going off what the manga shows, my word is nothing without the evidence provided.

@bold:

All this suggestion is implying is adding (if such isn't already implemented) the canonically shown ability to alter the Water Prison's density (as we ninja do with most Suiton techniques), to both the C rank & B rank versions. It's not a combined technique.
While the Databook doesn't say that. Although the manga does show that happen, it was done by Kisame [Naruto Chapter 508]. I don't remember him having the ability to swim underwater, but he ultimately committed suicide right after so.....

You must be registered for see images

Again, I have to apologlize for my misunderstanding (that's been happening lately).

Byakuren

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
While the Databook doesn't say that. Although the manga does show that happen, it was done by Kisame [Naruto Chapter 508]. I don't remember him having the ability to swim underwater, but he ultimately committed suicide right after so.....

You must be registered for see images

Again, I have to apologlize for my misunderstanding (that's been happening lately).
Manga takes priority over Databook as I'm sure you know. Unsure where the bold came from, I never mentioned swimming underwater. But yeah, as you said it happened in the manga so, with that given factor, I believe such alterations should be added to the jutsu tool tip. Nothing more.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Manga takes priority over Databook as I'm sure you know. Unsure where the bold came from, I never mentioned swimming underwater. But yeah, as you said it happened in the manga so, with that given factor, I believe such alterations should be added to the jutsu tool tip. Nothing more.

I know what takes priority. I use the Databook for more clarification. Here we are talking about the RP so that manga could be irrelevant in this case. However, evidence needs to be shown as to the extent of the Jutsu capabilities.

The BOLD was referring to Kisame usage as that is the only thing we can go off of. But he suicided. Therefore, I'm questioning rather the defensive usage is even feasible in the way you are suggesting.

Pyro NB

Amegakure
Elite
Kin
1,590💸
Kumi
10,937💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Description: The user creates a flow of gushing water under the opponent which traps them in a sphere of water. The user can perform an attack while the opponent is trapped. This jutsu is similar to Water Prison Technique, though the user doesn't need to keep his arm in the sphere of water.

Initially, the same technique. The only difference is the latter can be done without having to in close proximity, and keeping the user's hand on/in the sphere of water. That's not important though, nor what this thread is about. What this thread is for is to suggest/rectify (if such isn't already implemented) on this:

Because of the density of the water it can be used, to a limited extent, for defensive purposes if performed on oneself. To what extent will the RP allow us to control the properties of the technique(s)? Especially when proof that the sphere's properties can be manipulated according to the user's wishes is present.

Evidence:

Let me give an RP example:

Byakuren sculpted the rising water around him into a dense sphere of water, suppressing the liquid to the inner outskirts of the bubble as to not drown himself, while allowing minor movement.

In that example, my character Byakuren has used the B rank version of the technique, surrounding himself in the water sphere, and altering the properties of the sphere, so to act as a proper defense (as the C rank version states it can do).

My suggestion (if it isn't already common knowledge), is to perhaps simply edit in to both techniques that the altering of said technique is capable by the user.

New descriptions:

Description: This technique is used to trap a victim inside a virtually inescapable sphere of water by waving the Snake → Ram → Horse → Hare → Ram → Horse → Hare → Hands spread in front palms out. The only downside to this technique is that the user must keep at least one arm inside the sphere at all times in order for the victim to remain imprisoned. This technique requires a sufficient amount of water, which can be provided by expelling it from one's mouth. Once trapped the target is unable to move while within it due to the heaviness of the water. However, the user may minorly alter the properties of the sphere, allowing the confined to breath, talk, and move freely. Because of the density of the water it can be used, to a limited extent, for defensive purposes if performed on oneself. Water clones can be used in preparation for the technique, which block an opponent's attack and trap the attacker in the prison using the clone's own water.

Description: The user creates a flow of gushing water under the opponent which traps them in a sphere of water. The user can perform an attack while the opponent is trapped. This jutsu is similar to the Water Prison Technique, enabling the user to alter the properties of the water sphere minorly. As well, the user doesn't need to keep his arm in the sphere of water.

Thoughts?
I don't really think they manipulated it much, what I mean by this:
Evidence 1) Kisame was an Akatsuki, One of the seven swords of the mist, Famed for being a tailless tailed beast, was a god when it came to water jutsu and was ready to die. It's not that he manipulated so he could move it's just that he is a beast.

Evidence 2) Opponent not being able to move and breath is given via the current description of the jutsu.

Evidence 3) In real life you are able to speak under water at the cost of losing oxygen which is what I believe Kakashi was doing in order to try and save his team and client's lives. Kishi could've also allowed this just to explain Zabuza's background.

As for your example of updated usage in our PR you probably wouldn't trap yourself long enough to drown as you would have to free yourself to attack your opponent. So the addition you propose would be a moot point. Also, depending on rank I probably wouldn't use it defensively considering everyone is allowed all elements meaning the moment that appears raiton or doton is probably not to far being your opponents next turn.

Last edited:

Byakuren

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know what takes priority. I use the Databook for more clarification. Here we are talking about the RP so that manga could be irrelevant in this case. However, evidence needs to be shown as to the extent of the Jutsu capabilities.

The BOLD was referring to Kisame usage as that is the only thing we can go off of. But he suicided. Therefore, I'm questioning rather the defensive usage is even feasible in the way you are suggesting.
RP takes techniques from the manga/anime/games of Naruto, saying the manga "could be" irrelevant when discussing a technique that blatantly has been shown to do a simple thing such as altering its density (something we do in the RP with almost all Suiton techniques in the first place) doesn't make sense.

Examples of Suiton techniques that we manipulate the density of:

(Suiton: Junsai no Jutsu) - Water Release: Water Shield Technique
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Chakra: 10
Description: The user will manipulate their water chakra and releasing it from their arm which is held outwards infront of them and they then create a shield of water that can aide in defence against projectile weapons and close combat techniques.

(Suiton: Taihoudan) - Water Style: Water Gun
Type: Offensive
Damage: 30
Descripton: A strong water wave spit from the mouth that is more compressed than Chaos Water Wave and can carve the earth if used on the same area multiply times.

(Suiton: Mizu Kamikiri) - Water Release: Rising Water Slicer
Damage: 40
Description: After performing the Tiger hand seal the user creates a fast jet of water running through the ground that is powerful enough to slice through solid rock.

(Suiton: Tenkyū) - Water Release: Heavenly Weeping
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description: A technique in which chakra is kneaded in the user's body, transformed into water and then shaped into senbon in the mouth before finally being expelled at a high velocity. The needles are shot in an attempt to catch the enemy off guard, while also aiming at their vitals.

Suicide doesn't contradict Kisame's clear ability to alter the properties of the Water Prison technique lol.

I don't really think they manipulated it much, what I mean by this:
Evidence 1) Kisame was an Akatsuki, One of the seven swords of the mist, Famed for being a tailless tailed beast, was a god when it came to water jutsu and was ready to die. It's not that he manipulated so he could move it's just that he is a beast.

Evidence 2) Opponent not being able to move and breath is given via the current description of the jutsu.

Evidence 3) In real life you are able to speak under water at the cost of losing oxygen which is what I believe Kakashi was doing in order to try and save his team and client's lives. Kishi could've also allowed this just to explain Zabuza's background.

As for your example of updated usage in our PR you probably wouldn't trap yourself long enough to drown as you would have to free yourself to attack your opponent. So the addition you propose would be a moot point. Also, depending on rank I probably wouldn't use it defensively considering everyone is allowed all elements meaning the moment that appears raiton or doton is probably not to far being your opponents next turn.
1. Kisame being apart of the Akatsuki, and being a "beast" doesn't refute anything. Zabuza was capable of altering the Water Prison technique as well. Altering the properties of the Water Prison is clearly a common ability, if it hadn't been Kishimoto wouldn't have implemented such.

2. Mhm, yes. No clue why you're reiterating this bro lol. It's clear as day what the technique's main purpose is for, but canonically all users have been shown to alter the prison's density, even creating the technique requires the manipulating of the water's density hence why Gai stated "the water was heavy."

3. Yeah, you're able to say a couple words, but not string along continuous sentences such as Kakashi did lol. As well, Kakashi was never shown to inhale the water while talking such as here: "glub glub" = inhaling water.

4. It seems you're not getting my point. This suggestion which is shown in the manga as a fact, would enhance the defensive standpoint of the Water Prison techniques. Being able to talk/breath/move freely in a sphere of water of C & B rank is amazing utility, and an outstanding defense.

Even more so because the chakra remains, keeping the sphere of water present. This allows the user to channel/focus their chakra into other defensive/offensive/supplementary techniques, while still protected by the sphere.

Just because you wouldn't use this jutsu for defensive purposes, doesn't mean anyone else wouldn't. It clearly has its uses without this added suggestion, now add this manga/anime feat, and the techniques usefulness becomes increasingly clear.