[Question] Roger bounty >500 M Confirmed?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So confirmed may not be 100% true hence the question mark, but we know Chinjao was a pirate around during the era of Roger and he had a 500 M bounty. It would be absurd for the Pirate King to have a bounty lower than another pirate. This is why I feel it is ok to say Roger had a bounty of over 500 M, most likely Whitebeard did as well.

I know most people already assumed Rogers' bounty was higher than this but this is the first actual evidence that we have to suggest it.

VongolaX

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I kid you not when I imply this, but I feel like the bounty was definitely lower back then.

When you have high admirals like Zephyr (may not be canon though), Garp, Kong, and Sengoku looming around the world government in their prime....

I would find it hard to imagine them to have a 500milli+ during Rogers era.

When he conquered onepiece (possibly the hercules/beetle that i see in every opening) and the ancient weapon, that would be a different story.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well aces bounty was 550,000,000 so.....
Different time periods, that's like saying Brittany Spears is bigger than the Beatles. She may have made more money but she didn't sell as many units. Just because Ace's bounty reached that high doesn't mean they used too, but the fact that Chinjao had a bounty that high leads me to believe they can be.

I kid you not when I imply this, but I feel like the bounty was definitely lower back then.

When you have high admirals like Zephyr (may not be canon though), Garp, Kong, and Sengoku looming around the world government in their prime....

When he conquered onepiece (possibly the hercules/beetle that i see in every opening) and the ancient weapon, that would be a different story.
I agree that the bounties probably weren't as high for the average pirate during that era, but the fact that Chinjao had 500 M and wasn't the Pirate King should mean Roger had over 500M. I'm inclined to agree with the 1B mark.

same name

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You knwo there is no need to incrase bounty of people like roger/rayleigh/ace/wb/marco and other yonkos etc. After a certain amt bcause there is no bounty hunter that powerful.....

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You knwo there is no need to incrase bounty of people like roger/rayleigh/ace/wb/marco and other yonkos etc. After a certain amt bcause there is no bounty hunter that powerful.....
True but the question is where is that cutoff point. Also it doesn't have to be a sole bounty hunter an entire team could go after them at that price. You think a team like Baroque works wouldn't mind trying for a 700M-1B payday?

VongolaX

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Different time periods, that's like saying Brittany Spears is bigger than the Beatles. She may have made more money but she didn't sell as many units. Just because Ace's bounty reached that high doesn't mean they used too, but the fact that Chinjao had a bounty that high leads me to believe they can be.

I agree that the bounties probably weren't as high for the average pirate during that era, but the fact that Chinjao had 500 M and wasn't the Pirate King should mean Roger had over 500M. I'm inclined to agree with the 1B mark.
During the conquering of Onepiece i would think so.

During Rogers time Mihawk, Crocodile, Doflamingo, and Moria were all there in that golden age pirate era.

Besides Mihawk, all the others bounty didn't even reach 400milli.

Like you posted, that pin-headed old man was 500milli so Rogers had to be higher than that.

sravan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i think roger's bounty is a sky mark for others to achieve after becoming pirate king.Even if they are lower that still counts as a higher bounty because that era had superior admirals kong,sengoku and don't forget the hero garp all in their prime and i don't think present admirals are that strong so yes roger had a bounty above all others.

MugiwaraBoy

Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Pretty sure that opening is going to be for the next movie, but I agree about the Beetle, they might have to catch it and follow it's direction to find an island/treasure of some sort, can't see it being One Piece.. would be funny if it's John's treasure(?) I don't remember the name, that Buggy is after.