Solarmoth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This has been discussed several times in other forums and I've heard it's a mistranslation from the part of a fan editor but I think it has some iota of factual sense in it.

First of all, Many state the fact that Nagato Pain was caught in Frog genjutsu and this use it as a way to dismiss this notion, but There was a significant difference in that particular genjutsu from other genjutsus.

- It was a Genjutsu sung by Frogs. Not human beings. And the Data book does enunciate the peculiarity of this particular genjutsu.
You must be registered for see images
It specifies the fact that normal humans can't sing the duet which upon hearing casts the genjutsu upon the victim. Not only that, calls it the most powerful type of genjutsu of it's tier department.

Now as we y'all know, Rinnegan is called the origin of Ninjutsu in the data book. Ninjutsu has been stated to be an unadvanced version of Genjutsu, of which, this version is Ninjutsu's advanced form.
As stated in this panel, Sage toads Transcend humans, in other words all shinobi living in Narutoverse, hence thier capabilities are never outmatched by human genjutsu users. Also this scan in particular negates all doubts in terms to this concept
Toads don't have chakra. They convert the energy of nature into usable chakra.
Here exists the trick to why Rinnegan was caught,
Rinnegan can sense all forms of Chakra and absorb all kinds of chakra containing Ninjutsu since it is the very origin of the concept of Ninjutsu.

But nature energy is not Ninjutsu. It's Senjutsu. When Senjutsu is manifested in normal Humans, Chakra is added with Nature energy but Toads convert nature energy itself into Chakra, effectively bypassing the Rinnegan immunity to all forms of Chakra produced substances and tricking the Rinnegan sensor "computer" into not detecting it as Chakra as it's pure nature energy disguised in the Form of Chakra. This is the very reason why Pain Nagato stated this statement
"Incredible genjutsu..." is the keyword. Which means, not any type of Genjutsu will work, in fact, no type of human made genjutsu will work, That's the exact reason, Nagato who had the knowledge of almost all types of jutsu in the world as him possessing the Rinnegan enables it, didn't know the existence of this genjutsu because it's not a part of the real world. Look at the diagram column in the panel, It says "secluded region..", meaning, no one except those led by "fate" as stated in the same panel, knows of the existence and has access to the secrets of that place.

Another reason is Indra and Asura's chakra. Indra is the ancestor of the Uchiha who'd all the eye power of Uchiha and other descendant clans, and Asura had all the lifeforce and power of the other set of clans. Both of thier chakra genes are the result of the Sage's chakra which is the Rinnegan manifestation.

Having both of thier abilities, create a version of yin-yang like the Truth seeking balls which negate all Ninjutsu, except the fact that Rinnegan is the complete version of Yin-yang like the Bijū.

As Rinnegan possesses both of these powers in one glass, they're immune to genjutsu which is included in it's very compositions.

Also in this panel.

Pain acknowledges the fact that Jiraiya has the special sage jutsu, meaning he acknowledges the fact that only this jutsu can stop him and that's the reason why he said " You've that jutsu....", meaning he knows this one particular jutsu, he has a weakness towards.

Thanks for the Read.

Last edited:
Reactions: SZiaee

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Besides that it's a sound genjutsu not ocular all we know at most the rinnegan negates the effect of IT but I doubt it's only immune to one genjutsu I think it's immune to all ocular dojutsu or dojutsu that relates to sight or light

Solarmoth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Rinnegan is immune visual genjutsu but not sound.
I believe it's immune to sound as well, just not the sound genjutsu sung by non-humans like the Toads. Data book clearly says the melody of the song can't be properly enunciated by human beings.

No human made genjutsu will work.

Edogawa

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, Rinnegan is immune to visual Genjutsu. It became clear as a day that Infinite Tsukuyomi didn't work on Sasuke, because he had the Rinnegan. Not to mention ET Itachi fought ET Nagato, yet he didn't cast Genjutsu on him. You're going to, of course, have NB fool called MightGai who'll deny this because it doesn't appeal to his emotions.

Solarmoth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Immune, No.

Highly resistant due to it's superior ocular power compared to other do jutsu, Yes.
By superior ocular power you mean? Nagato was surprised he was caught in genjutsu meaning he never thought in his whole life he would ever get caught in a genjutsu.

SenseiSama

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No it isn't, in the end of the day every jutsu relies on chakra, the problem is that it's been repeatedly overshadowed by people assumng dojutsu makes someone genetically superior by default.

Itachi had the strongest genjutsu of his generation, he believed that only MS users of his level could break Tsukuyomi, but the thing is he never actually faced someone of his level until Sasuke. He was speaking solely from the experience he gained, there were no god tier opponents so he assumed everyone was fodder. This was made clear when he told Sasuke he was wrong in believing that his power was above everyone else.

When Sasuke broke Tsukuyomi without MS it's because his chakra under the influence of CS gave him the ability to overwhelm Itachi's chakra, before that the common belief was that MS was required to break MS genjutsu. Another example is when Naruto in 4T mode deflected Pain's ST, he did so because Kurama's chakra combined with Ashura's body produced stronger chakra than Nagato who isn't an incarnate.

You can be the most god tier shinobi in NV but if someone has stronger chakra then they will always have the advantage by default. Why was Ashura able to match Indra without the same intelligence or talent ? It's because the physical energy that made up his chakra was equal to the spiritual energy that dictated Indra's Sharingan chakra.

RSM Naruto for example would easily break any genjutsu that's below Kaguya's RinneSharingan because he has Shinju chakra, RInnegan is only imune to genjutsu produce by people with lesser chakra. But if I'm Nagato facing Sasuke it doesn't matter if I have Hago's dojutsu, Sasuke still has the stronger Yin and therefore still traps me in illusions,.

9tailsJinchuuriki

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really wished that they made a spin-off series which focused on Senjutsu specifically.

It seems like a universal power that has the potential to be the most powerful power in existence. Even the Juubi was just a concentrated mass of natural energy and the Ootsutsuki's are obsessed with obtaining that power.

They should really focus on it more. It felt neglected in Naruto and it was restricted to a time limit with Naruto and only used as enhancement to his limited arsenal.

Kabuto who had the most potential with senjutsu, who could even manipulate his environment (like Kaguya), was defeated by a hax genjutsu ability by Itachi and the rest of it was overshadowed by ocular abilities and Rikudo techniques.

Now Mitsuki has SM, but he will be limited in order for Boruto to shine.

I really wished that they had given Boruto senjutsu-oriented abilities and power-ups. It could even have been amplified by an inherited sage power he had gotten from his father (from his Rikudo power-up), which would put him on a higher level than the SM users we know and I wouldn't oppose the current Jougen with those abilities if it didn't give him any offensive abilities, only utility type abilities.

Now there are curse-marks, ninja tech and a new ocular power that's being focused on.

Solarmoth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No it isn't, in the end of the day every jutsu relies on chakra, the problem is that it's been repeatedly overshadowed by people assumng dojutsu makes someone genetically superior by default.

Itachi had the strongest genjutsu of his generation, he believed that only MS users of his level could break Tsukuyomi, but the thing is he never actually faced someone of his level until Sasuke. He was speaking solely from the experience he gained, there were no god tier opponents so he assumed everyone was fodder. This was made clear when he told Sasuke he was wrong in believing that his power was above everyone else.

When Sasuke broke Tsukuyomi without MS it's because his chakra under the influence of CS gave him the ability to overwhelm Itachi's chakra, before that the common belief was that MS was required to break MS genjutsu. Another example is when Naruto in 4T mode deflected Pain's ST, he did so because Kurama's chakra combined with Ashura's body produced stronger chakra than Nagato who isn't an incarnate.

You can be the most god tier shinobi in NV but if someone has stronger chakra then they will always have the advantage by default. Why was Ashura able to match Indra without the same intelligence or talent ? It's because the physical energy that made up his chakra was equal to the spiritual energy that dictated Indra's Sharingan chakra.

RSM Naruto for example would easily break any genjutsu that's below Kaguya's RinneSharingan because he has Shinju chakra, RInnegan is only imune to genjutsu produce by people with lesser chakra. But if I'm Nagato facing Sasuke it doesn't matter if I have Hago's dojutsu, Sasuke still has the stronger Yin and therefore still traps me in illusions,.
That's not practical. If itachi really thought like that, he would've known that Tobi had an ocular power which controlled a perfect jinchuuriki and there was his leader, Nagato, yet he said only a sharingan user can beat him. Rinnegan is the manifestation of the sage's chakra so if we even go by your logic, Rinnegan users would be immune to Genjutsu just by the fact that they've strong indra and strong asura reserves simultaneously.

Itachi also was interested in the ancestral history, so if he knew about the legends who existed in naruto world, he wouldnt have told only a sharingan can beat him.

TheMask

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But Doesn't Sasuke calls Infinite Tsukuyomi a Rinnegan Genjutsu? And he further states that Rinnegan can cancel Rinnegan genjutsu? Which would imply that Rinnegan can be affected by Sharingan/MS.

Solarmoth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
But Doesn't Sasuke calls Infinite Tsukuyomi a Rinnegan Genjutsu? And he further states that Rinnegan can cancel Rinnegan genjutsu? Which would imply that Rinnegan can be affected by Sharingan/MS.
That's a good point, but the Sage of 6paths've already established that the infinite Tsukuyomi's genjutsu is because of sharingan and not the Rinnegan.
Sasuke was assuming that it was a Rinnegan genjutsu. So his Rinnegan was indeed opposing the sharingan part of Madara's Rinnegan-sharingan genjutsu.

Not only that, having Indra's strong chakra which is strongly Yin-based as one of the components of Rinnegan itself establishes the immunity factor. Acid will be immune to acid. Fire immune to fire. Simple logic.

The reason Rinnegan waa effected above, was due to the genjutsu applied through the medium of Nature energy converted into Chakra. The genjutsu can only be sung by Toads who transcend humans and do not have chakra.

TheMask

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's a good point, but the Sage of 6paths've already established that the infinite Tsukuyomi's genjutsu is because of sharingan and not the Rinnegan.
Sage of Six paths established IT is sharingan genjutsu? Mind referring the instance? I don't recally any talk about IT from the Sage.
Sasuke was assuming that it was a Rinnegan genjutsu. So his Rinnegan was indeed opposing the sharingan part of Madara's Rinnegan-sharingan genjutsu.

Not only that, having Indra's strong chakra which is strongly Yin-based as one of the components of Rinnegan itself establishes the immunity factor. Acid will be immune to acid. Fire immune to fire. Simple logic.

The reason Rinnegan waa effected above, was due to the genjutsu applied through the medium of Nature energy converted into Chakra. The genjutsu can only be sung by Toads who transcend humans and do not have chakra.
I won't deny the fact that he could be speculating however I would point out that Toads do possess Chakra. Or else they would be incapable of using ninjutsu.

Solarmoth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sage of Six paths established IT is sharingan genjutsu? Mind referring the instance? I don't recally any talk about IT from the Sage.
The sage is the one speaking.

I won't deny the fact that he could be speculating however I would point out that Toads do possess Chakra. Or else they would be incapable of using ninjutsu.
Gamabunta's jutsu worked on the Truth seeking balls because they were senjutsu. Toads have physical and mental energy according to Data book as I've listed in OP, but they do not have the ability to combine thier mental and physical energies into chakra, instead, they convert the energy present in nature into chakra. As seen in scan in OP.