Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,298💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To asspull or not to asspull. That is the question. If Kawaki gets a horn like Jigen then Boruto should get a hand rinnegan. Jus sayin.. Its cooler than an eye rinnegan.

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That would be awesome. Also, how would it be an asspull if it makes sense according to even your own logic that you just admitted? I mean, you yourself just said "If Kawaki gets a horn like Jigen then Boruto should get a hand rinnegan".

That line of thinking suggests the notion that karma seal users ultimately morph into the person who gave them their seal, and that seems to be a logical hypothesis based on what we've currently seen in the manga thus far.

In that case, it would be logical for Boruto to gain a rinnegan. What's more?

You already predicted this notion here in this thread based on recent manga events, so if this notion does come to pass in the future, it won't even be a case of no foreshadowing since it is clearly foreshadowed enough to the point that you were able to think to make this thread.

Tell me then, how it would be an asspull exactly.

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,298💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because its better if his power ups and ability are not limited by plot. The possibility of him having a hand rinnigan is logical but there is no telling what kind of skills he will posses because of that. He may even attain a sharingan. Nothing is impossible with this guy lol

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because its better if his power ups and ability are not limited by plot. The possibility of him having a hand rinnigan is logical but there is no telling what kind of skills he will posses because of that. He may even attain a sharingan. Nothing is impossible with this guy lol
I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. What do you mean by "limited by plot"?

Most main characters' powerups come as a result of a major plot event or arc. That doesn't even just apply to the NV either.

If what you are going on about is how you'd prefer that his powers come from training, then I have this to say:

It's way too late for that. Blame Kishi for setting up a world where almost nobody who doesn't have a special bloodline trait or have some special inborn quality can be strong (as in Rikudou level strong or strong enough to deal with the current enemies).

A lot of you guys don't seem to like that Boruto has things like the karma or the jougan. Some of you don't even like him having elements or even basic intelligence.

You guys basically just wanted him to be a clone of Naruto but without bijuu power, without transmigration or rikudou chakara, and without the immense chakara reserves.

The problem with that is that this would make him a permanent fodder and the series would be over before it began because he would never be able to beat anyone of significance.

It wouldn't matter how much training he did because with the way the NV works, just about nothing would change even with his training.

Konohamaru is basically the perfect model of what you guys wanted Boruto to be, and just look at his awful track record. That would be Boruto's peak potential if you guys got your way with Boruto.

Do you see? This is what happens when 99.9% of the power in the series is given to only those who possess glowing red eyes and everyone else is left to scrap over the remaining 0.1%.

Now I realize Orochimaru's true thought process behind kidnapping children and stealing bodies and DNA. Clearly, Orochimaru must have seen beyond the 4th wall and he knew what manga he is in. He knew that if he didn't get his hands on a sharingan or some powerful KKG, then it would never matter how much of a prodigy the village acknowledged him as. In the end, he would always be a fodder.

I finally see the truth.

Reactions: LightSo6p

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,298💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Think about Boruto like this and everything will make sense:
Six Paths Sage Mode + Otsutsuki bloodline = Boruto Uzumaki
The karma seal will help him awaken his power because its Otsutsuki in orgin.
But Boruto isnt about getting stronger it is about transcending limitations.
Before Boruto your clan pretty much decided what kind of ability you would have.
For example: Uchiha did uchiha jutsu same thing for Hyuuga clan members.
This is the limited by plot thing that I dont believe applies to Boruto.
He's like a chakra king with no boundaries.
But we are going to have to wait for the plot to develop a bit further to see it unfold.
Thanks for mentioning Konahamaru btw if you noticed Ao and Koji had to pull cheap tricks to get past him.

Last edited:
Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Think about Boruto like this and everything will make sense:
Six Paths Sage Mode + Otsutsuki bloodline = Boruto Uzumaki
The karma seal will help him awaken his power because its Otsutsuki in orgin.
But Boruto isnt about getting stronger it is about transcending limitations.
Before Boruto your clan pretty much decided what kind of ability you would have.
For example: Uchiha did uchiha jutsu same thing for Hyuuga clan members.
This is the limited by plot thing that I dont believe applies to Boruto.
He's like a chakra king with no boundaries.
But we are going to have to wait for the plot to develop a bit further to see it unfold.
Thanks for mentioning Konahamaru btw if you noticed Ao and Koji had to pull cheap tricks to get past him.
If Boruto is breaking the "your clan determines your power" trend then that just means that Boruto is taking the series in the right direction in an area that the Naruto manga failed miserably at.

I mean, wasn't one of the original themes of Naruto supposed to be that you are not bound by destiny or by the circumstances of your birth?

Well so much for that. Kishi took that concept, shot it in the head and then revived it from the dead so he could kill it again by running it over with a truck.

Seriously, that trend that you speak of is so racially oriented and depressing.

I almost feel like every non-Uchiha in the manga would just commit suicide after realizing that they would never amount to anything if they were able to somehow see beyond the fourth wall and realize exactly how Kishi wrote power in the NV.

Poor Kiba. He wanted to become hokage but he never had a chance to begin with because he is from the lowly fodder clan... Um I mean Inuzuka clan.

Do you want to know an easy way that Fugaku and the Uchiha clan could have won their coup against Konoha?

Simple: Just give all of the Konoha shinobi a copy of Naruto manga and then they would all just become depressed and kill themselves, leaving the Uchiha as the only survivors.

By the way, what cheap tricks did Koji use against Konohamaru? He used a sealing jutsu and a fire style toad ninjutsu that he stealthily placed on Konohamaru.

Using ninjutsu and stealth... You may call that cheap tricks, but I call it being a ninja.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jigen had horns, Kawaki grew a horn.
Momoshiki had horns, Boruto will get Rinnegan.

Where is the logic in that? Its more likely that when the Karma seal fully activates it warps the physical bodies of the person in question like what occurred with Momoshiki when he ate Kinshiki.

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,298💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Where is the logic in that? Its more likely that when the Karma seal fully activates it warps the physical bodies of the person in question like what occurred with Momoshiki when he ate Kinshiki.
Momoshiki's main ability involved his rinnegan. I figure since Boruto wants to follow Sasuke's footsteps then him acquiring a "hand" me down rinnegan is logical. Although the byakugan is also a probability I would like him to get them on his own.

Its about the looks also Momoshiki's horns are not as cool looking as Jigen's. The only interesting thing are the dual dojutsu. Kinshiki's horns look better i'd say he gets those if any.

Last edited:

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I think Kawaki and even Jigen, considering that my theory of Jigen is being just another recipient of Karma, having a eaten a chakra fruit will result in releasing a final form.

In the case of Momoshiki and Kaguya, they weren't people so they just transcended or rather combined with whatever the nature of the chakra fruit came from. Kinshiki for Momoshiki and God Tree for Kaguya.

I agree with the hypothesis that Boruto CAN get Momoshiki's Rinnegan but he has to eat a chakra fruit (a potent one). Jigen siphons from the 10 tails and doesn't turn into Kaguya but his Karma version (space vampire progenitor) meaning that Boruto's Karma may override his ancestry of being Kaguya.

The horn bit is true because we see this with Hagoromo and Hamura. Naruto and Toneri also exhibited a horned version. (Naruto through Kurama and IDK about Toneri though.. he didn't absorb the massive Tenseigan orb till later)

If anything, from what we saw with the end of Toneri (being turned into a giant blob of mess) and Kaguya's revelation from Madara (being a rabbit blobby mess) we can assume that the juubi can be her partner that's become incomplete (Kaguya turning a part of him into a chakra fruit).. it's a bit farfetched.

But all is well in line with body morphosis after turning a living thing bream with energy and eating it. I'd say Momoshiki's karma linkage is more potent than Boruto's lineage through Kaguya. So Boruto may end up with the Rinnegan after all.
Post automatically merged:

Momoshiki's main ability involved his rinnegan. I figure since Boruto wants to follow Sasuke's footsteps then him acquiring a "hand" me down rinnegan is logical. Although the byakugan is also a probability I would like him to get them on his own.

Its about the looks also Momoshiki's horns are not as cool looking as Jigen's. The only interesting thing are the dual dojutsu. Kinshiki's horns look better i'd say he gets those if any.

Well Kinishiki already has a horn and it looks like Jigen's Karma So6Pmode (this is what I'll be calling it). It's just in the front instead of the back. But I'm guessing it would've been even more grand and closer to Jigen's had he eaten Momoshiki instead of turning into a chakra fruit.

If Boruto does get Momoshiki mode, I doubt that he would have access to Tenseigan and at best only the Byakugan, which he doesn't even use.

If Kaguya or Momoshiki were unable to use them, I seriously doubt Boruto would be able to. If he does, then they need to retcon the entire Momoshiki and Kaguya fights because they need to include BOTH Tenseigan and Rinnegan.

Last edited: