Peoples Champ

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why do you need to activate your eyes to release the power? Pain's eyes are always activated, hagoromo's too and Byakugan in a certain aspect.
You must be registered for see images

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, the simple answer would probably be that it just looks cool.

If I were to get technical, I guess I would argue that the Rinnegan was the original ocular power, while the Sharingan and Byakugan were mutations / evolutions of the Rinnegan passed down throughout the Otsutsuki bloodline and the subsequent bloodline branches.

Seventh Sama

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

If I were to get technical, I guess I would argue that the Rinnegan was the original ocular power, while the Sharingan and Byakugan were mutations / evolutions of the Rinnegan passed down throughout the Otsutsuki bloodline and the subsequent bloodline branches.
Actually rinnegan and sharingan both seem to come from rinnesharingan. That's the actual name :lol

OT. Probably when you awaken it. They become your permanent eyes?..

Mikeuhsomething36

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pein isn't the original user of his eye...so his eye is always activated just like Kakashi's sharnningan. We've never seen if hagoromo can deactivate his rinnegan, but since he was born with it, it's probably a stationary eye. Also the eye drains chakra while activated, so it's turned off to conserve chakra at least in the case of the Sharingan and especially for the rinnegan. Without the eyes activated you're not using it's power so no chakra drainage. Why do you need to open a door from the entrance to a building to get in from the front, because otherwise you won't use or get anything yourself if you stay outside the building.

Gerkak

Legendary
Kin
67💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Obito always had his sharingan activated since the time he awakened it up until his death, I guess that means obito can't deactivate it.

Just because hogoromo always has his rinnegan active, doesn't mean he can't deactivate it

Peoples Champ

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

it looks cool indeed

Pukkake Pokayo

<div class="bbWrapper">You don't? Madara used susano blind.<br /> <br /> *insert long boring analysis on the special part of a dojutsu users brain and their chakra, blah blah blah*</div>

Last edited:

Wparker6804

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually rinnegan and sharingan both seem to come from rinnesharingan. That's the actual name :lol

OT. Probably when you awaken it. They become your permanent eyes?..
@ Your Sig:
[video=youtube;OUE0ODP2MeY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUE0ODP2MeY[/video]

@OP: I guess that the Sharingan uses power while on because one of the focuses (absolute basic, actually) is enhanced eyesight. Same as an activated Byakugan. The Rinnegan, however, has the main focus of the jutsus that it provides.
Pure speculation but an educated guess none the less

The Demon Hawk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Byakugan is not always activated. It just has a different eyeball. The veins around the eyes signify its activation.

Hagoromo's Rinnegan is always active probably because he keeps them active. How much of his Rinnegan portrayal have we seen anyway to determine that?

Nagato's Rinnegan is always active because it is implanted.

Sasuke's Rinnegan can also be deactivated.