Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

So i got this book about 4 days ago from pre ordering it and well, i finished it pretty fast, so i thought i'd write a little review. I think this book would be for anyone that has read any other of the books written by Rick Rhiodan, such as the Percy Jackson series or the Kane Chronicles. So far he'd put a modern day spin on the Greek, Roman and Egyptian Gods, and with this he has expanded his range to that of the Norse gods, following his normal theme of the use of Demi gods or decedents of demi gods. Please don't read any further if you don't want to read any Spoilers.

So the book starts off with Magnus chase, a homeless boy of 16 on the streets, he's been on the streets for two years since his mother died in a fire where he swear he saw wolves. Then it all kicks off with his old family members trying to find him, big fight on a bridge special sword and thrown into stopping Ragnarok, the Norse version of the end of the world. If you've read this far i know you've read the book and if not that's not my fault, but in all honesty i liked this much more than his previous works. It took what we see in the marvel verse of Loki and Thor and gave it its own spin, Loki more twisted, the acid on his face, his snake like tongue, where as Thor is dumbed down and less, Hollywood if that makes sense. It set the story up for more of a series which i think has more potential that percy jackson as i found that tended to drag where as this i couldn't stop reading. Dwarves, Elves, Giants, Gods, Valhalla, that with the Norse end of the world, made for a fun read and i'd highly recommend it.

The best bit for me that was Thor wasn't the star of the show, instead Frey got most of the spotlight without having too big of a part.​

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He's doing a good job at making Loki come off as the good guy again. Is that just something about Loki that makes you always want him to win, even when he's the bad guy?

Like it that Thor wasn't the big guy, i didn't know about Frey until this book came out.

(Oh, and Chistianity is confirmed real in Riordan books. Thor challenged Jesus to a fight. I think that makes eight.)

Last edited:

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He's doing a good job at making Loki come off as the good guy again. Is that just something about Loki that makes you always want him to win, even when he's the bad guy?

Like it that Thor wasn't the big guy, i didn't know about Frey until this book came out.

(Oh, and Chistianity is confirmed real in Riordan books. Thor challenged Jesus to a fight. I think that makes eight.)
I want loki to be good all the time and yet his twisted-ness always comes through and make me like him more like in this book. Thor pushed to one side so Frey can be the main character and like yourself i didn't know much about any of the other gods like Frey now he's my favourite norse god.

Dessa

Dannie's Lewd Queen
Regular
Kin
18💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm in the middle of reading this book right now. Really loving the feel of this book so far, and enjoying the different characters. I really enjoy reading about the different gods, and goddesses through out mythology.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm in the middle of reading this book right now. Really loving the feel of this book so far, and enjoying the different characters. I really enjoy reading about the different gods, and goddesses through out mythology.
Just so you know, he's halfway through the second one its going to be called:

The mangnus chase chronicles: the quest for thors hammer

or something along those lines

Nyanmaru

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I didn't read the review because I might be spoiled but I'm so freaking excited to get my copy soon. Rick's writing everything about mythology I wonder which mythology is next lol

Rand al'Thor

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Read it. Meh. Rivk Riordan is producing the same books over and over again. Magnus is percy lol. That same sarcasm and humor. Except he is a wimp lol. I liked it but its not anything great