(Repost) How Post-War Arc Tenten Solos Any Sakura

Does Post-War Arc Tenten Solo Sakura?

• Why did you repost this? (A.k.a.: I didn't read the first line of the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, stop trolling. (I'm not though...)

• It could go either way.

• Didn't read!

• Total voters

Claymantan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Disclaimer: The original thread was deleted for being in the wrong section. I have permission to repost it here (I had the original text saved myself; mods don't restore deleted threads). Didn't feel like letting this go to waste/having a dead link in my signature. Please don't spam/flame, okay guys. :( Keep in mind that the original post was put in the discussion section because this is less a serious versus thread and more me exploring a specific scenario.

How Post-War Arc Tenten Solos Any Sakura (Re-post)​

Today, I’m going to prove that Tenten can solo Sakura, assuming no or basic intel.

We don't have many feats for Tenten. We know that she relies on shurikenjutsu, explosive tags, traps, and other weapons. She’s actually got good speed and reflexes, and is able to surprise Kisame with an explosive tag early on in Part II during Team Gai’s encounter with him:

You must be registered for see images

Tenten improved her weapon collection during the War Arc. After Kinkaku and Ginkaku were defeated, Tenten picked up a few of their Treasured/Rikudo Tools. For example, she’s able to destroy one of Edo Kakuzu’s Earth Grudge Fear masks with the :
Of course, using any of the Treasured Tools of the S06P is risky without having monumental amounts of chakra like Ginkaku and Kinkaku. Doing so drains the user’s chakra rapidly. After some time, Tenten collapses from using the Bashosen:

However, it isn’t a requirement to have any special kind of chakra to use a Treasured Tool. While having Bijuu chakra helps, it’s still the same as using chakra for any jutsu. Darui’s able to use two Treasured Tools in succession without really being incapacitated/killed by the chakra drain. He used the , against Ginkaku:

Darui then uses a second , to seal Kinkaku:

Kohaku no Johei seals anyone who responds to the wielder’s call. It’s not really practical in battle if your opponent knows what you’re trying to do or is only focused on killing you.

The Benihisago is a sealing item that activates upon being given the command to “record.” It records the “word soul” of a person, which is the word they’ve used most in their life. Ginkaku’s was “Kinkaku”; Darui’s was “dull” until it changed to “sorry,” which countered the sealing. The Benihisago seals the opponent when the target uses the recorded word:

These two items were used by Obito and Madara to summon the Juubi using Ginkaku’s and Kinkaku’s sealed Kyuubi chakra. Madara discarded them once he no longer needed them. Tenten was able to recover them:

Tenten kept the Treasured Tools in her scrolls for easy portability and summon…ability. And in spite of her experience with the Bashosen, she expressed a full intention to actually use them herself (“…I could seal the enemy in an instant!”).

Tenten likely asked Darui how to use the tools as she intended to after Infinite Tsukuyomi was dispelled. She’s there while Darui unseals Samui and Atsui:

And we know that Tenten kept the Treasured Tools thereafter, as shown in Chapter 700. Knowing Tenten’s character as a weapons nut, there’s no way she would have retained ownership without making sure to learn how to use them:

Of course, this scan occurs over a decade later, so Tenten keeps them unsealed in her shop. It’s likely that she kept them on hand sealed in the scrolls before it became evident that Naruto used friendship to cause world peace.

In battle, a fresh Tenten can probably make use of one of these Treasured Tools at least once. In the case of the Benihisago, it’s just a matter of summoning the Tool, activating it, and stalling her opponent until they say their favorite word. From her few feats, we can argue that she’s competent enough to stall with traps and shurikenjutsu to make that happen, even if she can’t really kill most of the main/supporting cast with those same techniques.

But how likely is it that her opponent is going to use their favorite word in battle? There's a backup plan; Benihisago seals people who don’t speak at all, after a set amount of time:

Still, it wouldn’t even come to that. Sakura’s especially vulnerable to Benihisago in the midst of battle. I think you know why:

She says "Shanaroo!" so much that she passed it on to her twelve-year old child…

And that, my friends, is how Tenten solos Sakura.

TL;DR: Tenten can seal Sakura by activating the Benihisago, which will record Sakura's word soul. Sakura's word soul is undoubtedly "Shanaroo!" Because Sakura says this word in like every situation she's in, especially in battle, she'll likely be sealed by the Benihisago within a short period of time. If she doesn't say it, all Tenten has to do is play keep-away until Sakura gets sealed from being silent.

Last edited:

Claymantan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
no Kohaku no Jōhei [ ]
OP wasn't emphasizing Kohaku no Johei, but like I showed in OP, she seals it in her scrolls, and there's no indication that she ever unsealed it (to give it away, anyway). Logically, she still has it. Never even saw her pick up Kokinjo afaik, but she has it, as shown in the panel. No reason to assume she doesn't have Kohaku.

But like I said, irrelevant to OP, really.

BLAZE

Immortal
Kin
4💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
OP wasn't emphasizing Kohaku no Johei, but like I showed in OP, she seals it in her scrolls, and there's no indication that she ever unsealed it (to give it away, anyway). Logically, she still has it. Never even saw her pick up Kokinjo afaik, but she has it, as shown in the panel. No reason to assume she doesn't have Kohaku.
No if that was the case it would mean Kakashi has Zabuza's blade,Itachi has Sauke's katana etc etc

But like I said, irrelevant to OP, really.
Yeah but in OP you are completely ignoring that sakura can dodge Tenten's attack while AoE of sakura's punch will kill Tenten

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly I love the 'most used word' Sage tool. It immediately invalidates a LOT of ninja whoever wields it.

Deidara, Hidan, Kiba, Naruto, Sakura, Gaara, Shikamaru, Chouji etc etc

Also consider that 'most used words' isn't just catchphrases or strange personal quirks but also technique names. If Naruto shouts 'Kage Bushin' that that could potentially be it from his spamming and usage of this jutsu in his social and ninja life. God knows how many times in his life Shikamaru has said the word 'Shadow' or Gaara saying 'Sand'. It's a really interesting technique that i'm sad we only saw once being used against a side character who luckily didn't have an actual keyword.

any character with an obvious most used word becomes hugely susceptible.

Claymantan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No if that was the case it would mean Kakashi has Zabuza's blade,Itachi has Sauke's katana etc etc
Why would she keep three of the treasured tools but not have Kohaku no Johei. XD

OP you are completely ignoring that sakura can dodge Tenten's attack while AoE of sakura's punch will kill Tenten
Sakura never blitzed anybody. Third Databook actually gives Tenten more speed, and Tsunade is on par with Tenten. XD Sakura might be able to dodge, but Tenten can play keep away pretty easily. Some of her attacks are deceptive (attaching explosive tags to ranged weapons, for example). Tenten isn't gonna go and try to play CQC with Sakura. Byakagou doesn't increase reflexes or speed, as far as I know, just adds regeneration and I think strength.

Last edited:

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
^I agree with the OP , ten ten clearly has the tools after the war and more its more than logical for her to have them inside her scroll.

In a battle with sakura ten ten accuracy and attacking speed trumps the manoeuvering speed needed for her to punch the ground not to mention she can jump and launch waves of kunai/explosive kunai/tags from all angles using wires to control them evidenced here.

Op makes really valid points and I agree with it , people sleeping on ten ten tho.

Sakura never blitzed anybody. Third Databook actually gives Tenten more speed. XD Sakura might be able to dodge, but Tenten can play keep away pretty easily. Some of her attacks are deceptive (attaching explosive tags to ranged weapons, for example). Tenten isn't gonna go and try to play CQC with Sakura.
This , especially when we take into consideration my above points.

In the same way she wouldn't FCK with neji in cqc , she won't with sakura lol.

Last edited:

BLAZE

Immortal
Kin
4💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why would she keep three of the treasured tools but not have Kohaku no Johei. XD
Becoz thats what manga showed Explicitly

Sakura never blitzed anybody. Third Databook actually gives Tenten more speed, and Tsunade is on par with Tenten. XD
how does this literally matters when Tenten herself has not
Sakura speed feats in war arc dwarves anything Tenten has shown
Also DB stats does not include enhancement like shunshin and the stat is from chap 402 untill when sakura had not shown much speed
Sakura might be able to dodge, but Tenten can play keep away pretty easily. Some of her attacks are deceptive (attaching explosive tags to ranged weapons, for example).
Yeah considering she dodged Kaguya's chakra arms she will
Explosive tags ain't putting sakura down
Tenten isn't gonna go and try to play CQC with Sakura. Byakagou doesn't increase reflexes or speed, as far as I know, just adds regeneration and I think strength.
Could care less if it does or not since Byakugou sakura's speed feats is far above Tenten

Claymantan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Becoz thats what manga showed Explicitly
Nah XD

how does this literally matters when Tenten herself has not
Sakura speed feats in war arc dwarves anything Tenten has shown
Also DB stats does not include enhancement like shunshin and the stat is from chap 402 untill when sakura had not shown much speed
When was Sakura's shunshin ever shown, if she even uses it XD
Sakura's speed feats in War Arc aren't really that much to write home about. She dodged a Kaguya arm, but dodging and getting an attack off aren't the same thing.

Everyone knows that the basic logic is that where the manga doesn't provide information, use the databook. Databook says that Tenten is on par with Tsunade's speed; Tsunade has Byakagou at the point of that manga. Logically, Tenten doesn't get blitzed by another Byakagou user.

Hell, Tsunade doesn't even blitz people XD

Yeah considering she dodged Kaguya's chakra arms she will
Explosive tags ain't putting sakura down
Tenten's long-range striking speed has to be great for her to actually train Neji's Kaiten. Dodging one thing isn't a feat that shows she can dodge a barrage from Tenten.

Anyway, no evidence to show that Sakura can blitz, there is evidence to show that Tenten can stay at range.

BLAZE

Immortal
Kin
4💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes read the manga

When was Sakura's shunshin ever shown, if she even uses it XD
She was one of the first char to show it.Vs Ino chunin exam
Sakura's speed feats in War Arc aren't really that much to write home about. She dodged a Kaguya arm, but dodging and getting an attack off aren't the same thing.
:lol What

Everyone knows that the basic logic is that where the manga doesn't provide information, use the databook. Databook says that Tenten is on par with Tsunade's speed; Tsunade has Byakagou at the point of that manga. Logically, Tenten doesn't get blitzed by another Byakagou user.
Hahahahahaha
Hell, Tsunade doesn't even blitz people XD
:lol did you read the manga.Kabuto must be laughing hard at you

Tenten's long-range striking speed has to be great for her to actually train Neji's Kaiten. Dodging one thing isn't a feat that shows she can dodge a barrage from Tenten.
Yeah tell that to Temari who literally crapped on her
Anyway, no evidence to show that Sakura can blitz, there is evidence to show that Tenten can stay at range.
Tell that too Juubi clones that what distance sakura crossed in a single jump

And Tenten is not surviving this

Reactions: Conspirator.

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah XD

When was Sakura's shunshin ever shown, if she even uses it XD.
This!! It can only be "assumed" if she ever did lol.

Also this , all ten ten would have to do is toss in a couple of paper bombs/kunai + the explosive she used against kisame and its a gg for sakura.

Sakura cant react or defend against attacks coming from all angles simultaneously at once and since ten ten can do this while she jumps its clear that sakura's punch the ground tactic would fail also.

Claymantan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes read the manga
I did, she kept them, unless you can think of a reason why she wouldn't have them. Kakashi doesn't have the sword because why would he be running around with that during the freaking War Arc. This is the same as saying that ninja stop carrying around shuriken if they don't use or display them during the War Arc. XD

She was one of the first char to show it.Vs Ino chunin exam
Ah, right, I forgot about that panel. More on this below.

:lol What
Good argument? :erm:

[snip: scans of Sakura dodging Kaguya arms]

Hahahahahaha
Like I said, dodging an attack and getting an attack off aren't the same thing. XD Ino got blitzed in CE because Ino decided that standing in one place was a good idea.

Hell, Sakura only ever blitzes people standing still. XD

:lol: did you read the manga.Kabuto must be laughing hard at you
When did she blitz Kabuto? Kabuto was reacting to her moves anyway XD

Yeah tell that to Temari who literally crapped on her
Temari has an obvious counter to anything Tenten can do at any range ever. XD Sakura's counters are: "Punch ground and block with debris." (requires her to stop moving) or "Dodge."

Tell that too Juubi clones that what distance sakura crossed in a single jump
All the ninja can do this, OP has a scan of Temari jumping up the height of Kisame's a tidal wave XD

And Tenten is not surviving this
This is the only good point, but, again, Tenten can jump a good deal of distance. Besides, Sakura jumped way the hell up into the air to do this; again, the Juubi clones are standing still watching like idiots. XD

Your entire argument is predicated on Sakura's feats that required her opponents to be standing still. And that she can dodge. XD

By the way, that crazy panel is actually exaggerated. Later it's shown that it wasn't actually that big of an explosion, Sasuke and Naruto weren't that far away:

Last edited:

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Then read the manga

I already knew about this scan bro , I was referring to part2 actually.

Its not so easy to pick shunshin from fast base speed without something like a statement or handsiqn like in the above scan.

Shunshin is characterized as the same ultra fast speed movements usin chakra to vitalize the body and we kno that certain levels of speed are totally reckless and a double edged sword for some without things like sharingan , lightning armour enhancing reflexes etc.

Last edited:

BLAZE

Immortal
Kin
4💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I did, she kept them, unless you can think of a reason why she wouldn't have them. Kakashi doesn't have the sword because why would he be running around with that during the freaking War Arc. This is the same as saying that ninja stop carrying around shuriken if they don't use or display them during the War Arc. XD
Manga explicitly showed what she have

Ah, right, I forgot about that panel. More on this below.
Hell, Sakura only ever blitzes people standing still. XD
None of both points matter when Tentens has no speed feats to get away from Sakura has

While has actually dodged Acid from point blank range and saved Obito at same time [ ] despite the fact Opening portals exerts great load of pressure on her [ ][ ]

Good argument? :ermLike I said, dodging an attack and getting an attack off aren't the same thing. XD Ino got blitzed in CE because Ino decided that standing in one place was a good idea.

when did she blitz Kabuto? Kabuto was reacting to her moves anyway XD
During Part 1.You mean moves of a rusty Tsunade

and did you forget madara

Temari has an obvious counter to anything Tenten can do at any range ever. XD Sakura's counters are: "Punch ground and block with debris." (requires her to stop moving) or "Dodge."
Yes

All the ninja can do this, OP has a scan of Temari jumping up the height of Kisame's a tidal wave XD
Then Post scan of tenten doing so

This is the only good point, but, again, Tenten can jump a good deal of distance. Besides, Sakura jumped way the hell up into the air to do this; again, the Juubi clones are standing still watching like idiots. XD
@bold scan
Yeah Juubi clones are watching like idiots becoz it happened so quuickly that it surprised both Naruto and sasuke :lol
Your entire argument is predicated on Sakura's feats that required her opponents to be standing still. And that she can dodge. XD
You entire thread is fanfiction which is not happening when Tenten has ariound zero speed feats

I already knew about this scan bro , I was referring to part2 actually.
People don't forget shumsin

Its not so easy to pick shunshin from fast base speed without something like a statement or handsiqn like in the above scan.
She was a genin

Shunshin is characterized as the same ultra fast speed movements usin chakra to vitalize the body and we kno that certain levels of speed are totally reckless and a double edged sword for some.
Considering Opponent is tenten nope

Last edited: