lswhyte123

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Does everyone remember the moment Naruto & Sasuke managed that amazing combination using the shadow clone and the Shuriken against Zabuza?

That was epic and one of the first moments when the show caught my attention. That was one of the moments I could say to myself "sweet, this isn't gonna just be another DBZ with epic planet destroying powers. It's gonna be about skill and using what you've got."

Well, I miss those days. Now all I see is threads about who's getting the next power up. Is it just me who was impatiently waiting to see what Sasuke could do with EMS? (I know others were too)
Why can't we just have time to appreciate the development each character makes and adjust?...fml

Shame that now, pretty much every ninja tool is totally useless. (except of course the God-Like Magic Ones!!)

Trinky

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I still think the way they implement their techniques is clever :p it's not entirely DBZ/Bleach style. Sasuke and Naruto's recent power ups could have been elaborated on a bit more, though, instead of just granted instantly. Maybe some test to see if they could handle it, just to keep things interesting.

NarutoB

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's probably just nostalgia talking. The low power levels were perfect for part 1 but tbh it would have got boring if it stayed that way.

DaileyM

Veteran
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also funny how substitution jutsu has been nerved. It's pretty haxed. (saying this because it was used a lot in Part 1)

That's probably just nostalgia talking. The low power levels were perfect for part 1 but tbh it would have got boring if it stayed that way.
This ^ .

Xlad

Supreme
Kin
138💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm pretty sure Sasuke already showed what his EMS has (Complete Stabilized Susanoo). But yeah, I think it is very likely that similar strategies will be implemented against Madara. Those were still used in P2 (Sasuke vs Itachi and NAruto vs Pain). The only difference is that jutsus may be used to replace Shurikens and all that stuff.

The Rower

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The series is more Epic now...but not as smart. and its all a bit dbz like.

It should have stayed a bit more Ninja like, if you know what I mean. outsmarting your opponent and stuff like that.

now its just all about who has the biggest ****. But it stil is one of my fav Anime Shows.

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here is the main issue with the power ups many adore so much in recen chapters. The things that people like the OP and myself are missing is the "how is this battle going to play out?" scenario. In the "days" the OP mentioned yes powerful ninja were taken out by Kunai, which attests to how skill that ninja's opponent was by using what they had and their surroundings.

Even when Naruto or any member of team 7 appeared on the field, there was still an uncertainty of whether or not they would actually win. In some cases they didn't and either had to retreat and hide (forest of death) or flat out lost (Naruto VS Kimimaru)(Sasuke VS Orochimaru Part 1)

Ninja wire, kunai, shuriken, weapons scrolls, smoke bombs, food pills, all these things were ninja like and essential for taking down skilled shinobi. They have all been replaced with Omiyodon, Sharinnegan, Bujuu Bombs, Meteors from the sky, Giant plants that sprout up and destroy fields, etc.

So yeah it's DBZ like. What I miss the most is the taijutsu. But it looks like we might get some of that back though.

Last edited:

LogicnoJutsu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Does everyone remember the moment Naruto & Sasuke managed that amazing combination using the shadow clone and the Shuriken against Zabuza?

That was epic and one of the first moments when the show caught my attention. That was one of the moments I could say to myself "sweet, this isn't gonna just be another DBZ with epic planet destroying powers. It's gonna be about skill and using what you've got."

Well, I miss those days. Now all I see is threads about who's getting the next power up. Is it just me who was impatiently waiting to see what Sasuke could do with EMS? (I know others were too)
Why can't we just have time to appreciate the development each character makes and adjust?...fml

Shame that now, pretty much every ninja tool is totally useless. (except of course the God-Like Magic Ones!!)
Naruto still fights the same way. Hes just more powerful.

The Zabuza Kunai shuriken thing was one of the most badass moments of the series. But even Now they use the same idea using their Power ups.

An obvious example was when Naruto transformed into a rasenshuriken to trick the Asura path into absorbing the transformation jutsu so he could tackle him and take him out so the Real rasenshuriken can hit Pain.

Or when Kakashi figured out how Kamui worked. Those panels when Obito got hit in the shoulder when phasing thru naruto got me so hyped lol. Same with when Narutos clone was in the Kamui Dimension to smash his mask. Those moments required strategy. And theirs alot more too.

Like Sasuke using basic Genjutsu to trick Danzo into thinking he had 1 more Izanagi. That fooled all of us. lmao

LogicnoJutsu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here is the main issue with the power ups many adore so much in recen chapters. The things that people like the OP and myself are missing is the "how is this battle going to play out?" scenario. In the "days" the OP mentioned yes powerful ninja were taken out by Kunai, which attests to how skill that ninja's opponent was by using what they had and their surroundings.

Even when Naruto or any member of team 7 appeared on the field, there was still an uncertainty of whether or not they would actually win. In some cases they didn't and either had to retreat and hide (forest of death) or flat out lost (Naruto VS Kimimaru)(Sasuke VS Orochimaru Part 1)

Ninja wire, kunai, shuriken, weapons scrolls, smoke bombs, food pills, all these things were ninja like and essential for taking down skilled shinobi. They have all been replaced with Omiyodon, Sharinnegan, Bujuu Bombs, Meteors from the sky, Giant plants that sprout up and destroy fields, etc.

So yeah it's DBZ like. What I miss the most is the taijutsu. But it looks like we might get some of that back though.
Well its been the Juubi arc and now its Madaras Juubi Jinchuriki time. I dont think wires and shurikens are gonna cut it :/ And Guy just beat the living shit out of him lol.

LogicnoJutsu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The series is more Epic now...but not as smart. and its all a bit dbz like.

It should have stayed a bit more Ninja like, if you know what I mean. outsmarting your opponent and stuff like that.

now its just all about who has the biggest ****. But it stil is one of my fav Anime Shows.
Like i said, Sasuke Beating Danzo was brains and brawn. Naruto breaking tobis Mask was Brains and Brawn. Naruto Beating Most of the Pains Was Brains and Brawn. Naruto beating the Third Raikage was all brain. Same with beating Ginkaku and Kinkaku, All of shikamarus fights. Especially Hidan. Itachi and Sasuke vs Kabuto. Sasuke vs Itachi. When Naruto got the rod out of Son goku. And even when he clashed Bijuu bombs and re directed both of them upwards. Brains.

Its always about outsmarting your opponent. Theyre just have more power now but it doesnt overshadow the Strategic/Creative parts of almost all the fights in Naruto.

lswhyte123

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A lot of mixed answers from many people. Cheers :)

Some people seem to have totally understood my point, while others seem a little off.

I have read all of Naruto, to the most recent and from the very first...some chapters many times. There have been some fights like Pain or 3rd Raikage etc where intelligence were used but while intelligence may have won the fight, it's that + a move which can reduce most things to rubble. I just miss the days when the show was like a mix between if ninja's had some awesome powers...not freaking meteors or magic sword wielding spirits from the anus of one's eyes who has the power to cut mountains like they were butter. I mean seriously, it's basically like a different show now.

Also, the fact that a trick like (shuriken) that worked on Zabuza, who stood well against many shinobi and Kakashi in the War. (Zabuza was dead so hadn't honed his skills) shows that even a simple kunai or stone, can be a vital weapon in combat. Someone said that...was it Kakashi?