Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i-------------->.

nowadayz many view religions as obstacle for achieving tevelopment in different fields of life..

but lets not forget that in past religion played role in for exenple in scientific development...let me give u a historical exenple :when a islam religion spread during abbassi era.... islam civilazation witnessed great scientific andI intellectual and civilized progress ....now one can't simply deny that this development wasnt becuz of religion...also you should know that there are verses from coran texts encouraging learning and aquiring knowledge and even praising science and scientists...

-now why teh fvck are we viewing religions like obstacles toward teh advencment of any civilisation????...aren't we being brainwashed???...

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i-------------->.

nowadayz many view religions as obstacle for achieving tevelopment in different fields of life..

but lets not forget that in past religion played role in for exenple in scientific development...let me give u a historical exenple :when a islam religion spread during abbassi era.... islam civilazation witnessed great scientific andI intellectual and civilized progress ....now one can't simply deny that this development wasnt becuz of religion...also you should know that there are verses from coran texts encouraging learning and aquiring knowledge and even praising science and scientists...

-now why teh fvck are we viewing religions like obstacles toward teh advencment of any civilisation????...aren't we being brainwashed???...
I have also heard Islam had alot to do with science back in the day and I don't think that's a lie.

I think saying it's backwards mostly comes from christianity and the theories of evolution or how the catholic church didn't accept the sun was not orbiting around the earth and the earth was not the center of the universe or something.

There are people like Sam Harris who worries about scientsits being religious cus he thinks it makes their job harder, but also there are people like Peterson who says religion is the basis of any art and the very core of a modern society, christianity to him is freedom of speech so.
yea.

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I mean I don't know it for a fact but if everyone keeps saying it's the religion of science I think there is truth to it right?
Like didn't alot of math come from the middle east when they were muslims or something?
The religion of science doesn't say the sun sets in a muddy spring and that Adam was a titan.

Also scientists back then were treated as infidels just like with Christianity.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think so, it's only a problem when zealots take over. The other issue is that zealotsran the church and ousted fealty to the pope, which created a divine station for him and his decrees. He ended up empowering the kings to do all sorts. If we want to look at Islam, it had a golden age and even introduced spherical geometry, algebra etc to the world amongst other things. Even the Iberian Caliphate had it's own golden age, so religion wasn't really an issue.

I can't speak for other religions, I'm not really sure about whether they experienced golden ages under religion etc. However, you are right Islam encouraged a culture of learning until the zealots crept in and or in today's age the Salafi/wahabis.
Post automatically merged:

I mean I don't know it for a fact but if everyone keeps saying it's the religion of science I think there is truth to it right?
Like didn't alot of math come from the middle east when they were muslims or something?
He's leading you on mate. Yes there did, even the scientific method originates from there (ibn alhaytham codified it).

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He's leading you on mate. Yes there did, even the scientific method originates from there (ibn alhaytham codified it).
How am I leading him on? What I said is true, even Ibn Alhaytham you just mentioned was accused of being an infidel and an atheist just like Ibn Sina by Ibn Taimia, and is Adam being a titan also another illiteral description?

• Angry
Reactions: minamoto

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They worked on it but not everything was originally discovered there. A lot of it were translation works from India. Europe just learned it via Arab hence the confusion. Like the Europeans referred to decimal number system as Arabic number system because they learned it from Arabs, but that number system originates from India.

In the classical period of Indian mathematics (400 AD to 1200 AD), important contributions were made by scholars like , , , and . The in use today was first recorded in Indian mathematics. Indian mathematicians made early contributions to the study of the concept of as a number, , , and . In addition, was further advanced in India, and, in particular, the modern definitions of and were developed there. ( wiki quote but you can find further links for sources there)

Read it up and you will find that word sine and cosine are not even correct translation.

"The Hindu term for sine in is "bow-string", the Hindus* originally introduced and usually employed three trigonometric functions jyā, koti-jyā, and utkrama-jyā. The Hindus defined these as functions of an arc of a circle, not of an angle, hence their association with a bow string, and hence the "chord of an arc" for the arc is called "a bow" (dhanu, cāpa). Its synonyms are jivā, siñjini, maurvi, guna, etc. The sine function was later also adapted in the variant . Sanskrit jīvā was rendered (adopted) into Arabic as jiba, written jb جب. This was then interpreted as the genuine Arabic word jayb, meaning "bosom, fold, bay", either by the Arabs or by a mistake of the European translators such as , who translated jayb into Latin as sinus. Particularly 's proved influential in establishing the term sinus. Wiki- find further source links from there)

*Note that the word 'Hindu' in that quote doesn't refer to religion but people as in a geographic term.

Why after 12 AD things slowed down in India? Destruction of world's first full university Nalanda which was a major center of studies. In around 1193 CE, Muhammad bin Bakhtiyar Khalji, a Turkic chieftain decided he needed to make himself a name and easiest way was destruction of the Kafir and their temples and universities..... along with other general massacre the massive library burned ....

Takshshila the deemed university before it too ended up due to invasions. The origin of Taxila as a city goes back to c. 1000 BCE. ..

So many records history and knowledge gone because well people just kept invading... one after another. The culture and knowledge couldn't be wiped out completely and we exist and that only tells how much we resisted despite everything to preserve that..

And that takes us back to the original topic: Religious ideologies and tribal wish to impose own culture on others to prevails all over, makes it look like killing teachers and students and burning down library and records, that those men did not need or were not interested in, a good idea. That set back a lot of advancement back for a few centuries.

Reactions: YowYan

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How am I leading him on? What I said is true, even Ibn Alhaytham you just mentioned was accused of being an infidel and an atheist just like Ibn Sina by Ibn Taimia, and is Adam being a titan also another illiteral description?
Somebody always accuses another of being an infidel, even scholars called each other infidels. That's nothing new here, tbh. Heck, the salafis call many Muslims infidels even today. Ibn Taymiyyah is the first Wahabi the father of Wahabi ideology, he holds weight only in the fringe world.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You are using the popularity fallacy here.

Just because many people believe in Islam, it does not make Islam the truth.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You are using the popularity fallacy here.

Just because many people believe in Islam, it does not make Islam the truth.
I didn't say islam was a good thing because alot of people were muslims, I said I assume alot of people were muslims and also interested in science at the same time.

Reactions: salamander uchiha

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I didn't say islam was a good thing because alot of people were muslims, I said I assume alot of people were muslims and also interested in science at the same time.
The science to that extent was there already. Religions usually acknowledge the science and known facts of the time they start. They cannot realy deny it and attract people. In fact they will include everything they can find at that point because they want to show how enlightened and knowledgable they are. They can come up with a way to pick and choose or add exaplanation that fits in their text, but they won't throw it all.

The resistence to new sceintific evidences come later on, when the religion has established and grown considerably. After the final version of books have been written down and finalized and been there for a few generations. Eveyrthing is settled down and everyone sure is they covered everything. They mock, abuse and kill the ones who do not agree and not accept their book. They have already made a book and made certain claims and declared that that's the only truth and everything told in the book is straight from the god.

Now if something contrary to it is discovered, it causes a dilemma. If they accepted these new findings then it means their oirignal story was flawed. That if one thing is incorrect then maybe some other hyposthesis and belief are debatable too. That the book was not exactly dictated by God. But they have made a whole soceity, heirachy based on it. The people in power has gotten it using that book and continue to use it for more gains as well as to maintain their power base.

That's where rejecting science and second round of burning down the libraries, posioning book pages and killing scholars starts.

Reactions: YowYan

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's a fact, nice solo.

Since the birth and resurgence of the zealots coupled with Petro dollars the pursuit for science has become second to one for bread. In the old days, they took what God told them to do quite well. If you look at the Quranic foundation of the Adam, it was on knowledge and that is how he introduced him.

When the battle of Badr happened the enemy prisoners could pay to be released or teach kids to read and write in exchange for their freedom. Once one learns to read and write they open up the door to the purauit of knowledge.

Also, in another place we are told to explore the signs of God (creation) and so the pursuits were driven by such.

It is one of the primary requirements. In come the zealots using populous pressure and it falls to the wayside. Oh and the Mongol invasions played a major part. They pretty much sacked Baghdad, destroyed the libraries etc.

Last edited: