Veteran
Kin
1,803💸
Kumi
1,445💴
Trait Points
41⚔️
Awards
Continuing From: https://animebase.me/threads/reds-weekly-stories-o-o-wk-2.770761/

They continued walking in silence for a while. How long was a question irrelevant to either of them. Yet 'if they will keep the silence' was.

"I rode a car once," Mei said abruptly. Me didn't say anything, the statement, he decided, was stupid and irrelevant. Being as he was sure she had ridden a car more than once in this modern era. Unless, Me thought, once at the end of the sentence was just a leading word meant to lead the next part of the sentence she was supposed to say. So Me waited and didn't say anything to that statement. Another while of silence befell the both of them. Irritated and confused with what she had just said, he finally spoke up.

"And what," he said.

"What," Mei echoed.

"You said you," he paused then thought against it, he'd rather have a lack of conversation then one that would be boring, "nevermind."

"Rode a car once," she said to him, "I stopped because I didn't think you cared…" Me smiled inside his head, she was right, he thought. But now that she brought it up, I might as well listen to keep the mood positive.

"Don't let that stop you," Me stated. Mei smiled at that.

"I rode a car once," she began, "I had my head over its hood as my boyfriend drove at illegal speeds. Atop that hood I felt free. For the first time in my life I felt really free. Like when I was little. This feeling of just lonely enjoyment up there. All my troubles were below that hood, and I didn't want to go back down. This feeling right now, cold thighs, even colder arms. Lost out at this great dessert with a man I’m sure could be the devil or god himself. This feeling… it's just like then." She stopped walking and just stood there in the desert. Me noticing this would also stop to face her. She was crying, her tears shining a light white in the full moon. "This feeling," she would say as he faced her, "I don't want it to go."

Sorry for the haitus, I'll try to go back on regular posting. That is Sundays. The next story wont continue this one, the week after will. Just to keep with my theme of random yet organized. Hope ya'll enjoyed.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: minamoto