Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Well they’re eight gates in the body that each release more chakra than the next, allowing for stronger and faster attacks. The gates are located on specific tenkutsu of the body, and normally function to limit chakra flow. By training you get to unlock these gates. Naturally there are drawbacks to opening them, although with time it gets less daunting, barring the eighth gate which always causes death. While using the gates, the higher the gate, the more visible changes appear. Like sweat evaporating, red coulour etcr

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here is the jutsu. Analyze each of the gates, their power and drawbacks.

Hachimon ) The Eight Inner Gates
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: N/A
Damage: N/A
Description: The Eight Gates are eight specific points on a person's Chakra Pathway System. They limit the overall flow of chakra within a person's body. The basis for the idea of the chakra gates comes from the body's limits on the functions within it. This makes the body much weaker, but it keeps the body from expiring too soon. By undergoing intense training, one can learn how to open these gates allowing the user to surpass their own physical limits at the cost of extreme damage to their own body. The user opens the gates in sequence, up to the desired gate to achieve its effects. Opening the gates is a fast process and can be done in mere moments up to the desired gate. EIG Masters can do so easily and in a passive way (not spending a move). When one opens up to a given EIG, that opening lasts 4 turns. Opening additional gates upon the last turn of the active opening adds 2 turns. However, there is an exception. Opening the last and 8th gate can only be done for 2 turns, even if the user opens it immediately.

(Kaimon) - The Gate of Opening: The user activates The Gate of Opening or First Gate, which is located in the brain. This gate removes the restraints of the brain on the muscles so he can begin to access 100% of their strength. Unlocking this gate allows the user to use the Front Lotus. This gate adds +5 damage to Taijutsu and the user becomes 1.5x faster. This gate also adds +10 chakra and damage to Ninjutsu. User suffers -5 damage per turn.

(Kyūmon) - The Gate of Healing: The user activates the Gate of Healing or 2nd Gate (also named Rest Gate) which is located in the brain. Forcibly increases one's physical strength and temporarily re-energizes the body. This gate adds +10 damage to Taijutsu and the user becomes 2x faster. This gate also adds +10 chakra and damage to Ninjutsu. User suffers -10 damage.

(Seimon) - The Gate of Life: The user activates the Gate of Life or 3rd Gate which is located in the Spinal cord. The increased blood flow turns the skin red. Allows the user to use Hidden Lotus. This gate adds +15 damage to Taijutsu and the user becomes 2.5x faster. This gate also adds +10 chakra and damage to Ninjutsu. User suffers -15 damage.

(Shōmon) - The Gate of Pain: The user activates the Gate of Pain or 4th Gate (also named Wound Gate) which is located in the Spinal cord, lower than the Seimon. Increases the user's strength and speed. May cause muscle tissue to begin to tear on use. This gate adds +20 damage to Taijutsu and the user becomes 3x faster. This gate also adds +15 chakra and damage to Ninjutsu. User suffers -15 damage.

(Tomon) - The Gate of Limit: The user activates the Gate of Limit or 5th gate, which is located in the abdomen. Increases the user's speed and power. This gate adds +30 damage to Taijutsu and the user becomes 3.5x faster. This gate also adds +15 chakra and damage to Ninjutsu. User suffers -15 damage.

(Keimon) - Gate of View: The user activates the Gate of View or 6th Gate, located in the stomach. Increases the user's speed and power. Opening of this gate releases such enormous amounts of chakra that it can cause nearby water bodies to form a vortex around the user. Allows the user to perform the Morning Peacock. This gate adds +40 damage to Taijutsu and the user becomes 4x faster. This gate also adds +15 chakra and damage to Ninjutsu. User suffers -25 damage.

(Kyōmon) - The Gate of Wonder: The user activates the Gate of Wonder or 7th Gate which is located below the stomach. Those who open this gate will pour glowing green sweat from every inch of their body, which immediately evaporates from their own heat energy, creating an aura which people would mistake as a green chakra coating. However, the side effects of opening the gate are that the user's muscle fibers are ripped to shreds after exiting this gate, causing intense pain if anything or anyone touches him. Allows the user to perform the Daytime Tiger without great strain on the user's chakra. This gate adds +60 damage to Taijutsu and the user becomes 7x faster. This gate also adds +20 chakra and damage to Ninjutsu. User suffers -40 damage.

(Shimon) - The Gate of Death: The user activates the Gate of Death or 8th Gate, located at the heart, requiring the user to puncture their chest just above the heart in order to open it, enabling the user to achieve what is described as The Eight Gates Released Formation" ( Hachimon Tonkō no Jin ). Opening this gate will cause the user's blood to emanate a flaming aura of red steam, the so-called Steam of Blood ( Chi no Jōki ) from all pores of their body, hair, and eyebrows. Releasing this gate uses up all of the body's energy while making the heart pump at maximum power. Exceeding the power of every other gate, the user is temporarily granted approximately a hundred times their normal power, far beyond that of the five Kage. Once activated, those who are capable can perform the Evening Elephant and the Night Guy. The side effect of opening this gate is that it comes at the expense of the user's life, causing the user to crumble to ash after their chakra runs out, having virtually cooked themselves from the inside-out. This is unlike opening the other gates, which simply injure or damage the body. This gate adds +120 damage to Taijutsu and the user becomes 8x faster and allows the user to warp space with his speed.

Note: The EIG users can only open the gates twice per fight, meaning that if he allows the EIG opening to time out, he can only open the EIGs once more during the match. EIG Masters can open EIGs three per battle if the first two uses are only up to 5th gate
Note: Starting with the fourth gate, EIG users begin to feel the side effects of each gate as they time out. EIG Masters don't suffer damage from opening up to 6th Gate, being left unable to move correctly for 2 turns and unable to mold chakra above S rank in the next turn. EIG Masters will feel the side effects for opening 7th Gate and up.
Note: The user cannot use other self powering techniques (such as custom variations of Lightning Armor, Sage Mode, etc) while he has EIG opened
Note: Opening the 8th Gate kills the user at the end of the 2 turns it remains opened.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Well, first 4 are trash(?) I joke I joke. But given the boosts and whatnot, and considering that I have iSM on the same bio, I don’t see myself using 3rd gate or lower, since personally for me the SM boosts would be better. Anyways, first gate is meh, only see myself using it in a pure tai fight, where I keep building up in gate usages and stuff. Leg Weights lowkey better since more damage and speed, although LW doesnt apply to hands, but still eh.

Second is eh, still lacking in the power aspect, but it’s a start. Third is where it starts to set itself apart from LW, with the increased speed aspect and arguably better damage overall. Fourth is where it’s starting to be good, with the increased speed and good damage output. Fifth and sixth are the stages I feel would be sufficient to take down a good portion of rpers, especially considering the speed and damage. 7th is where it brings down higher level rpers, 7x speed and 60 dmg coupled with the passive 10 and available techniques is pretty imposing. 8th is lovely, if you don’t die that is. It’s good for suicide attacks and bringing down top top rpers, at least some of them. If you’re forced to upon this tbh then the opponent is pretty good, so compared to 7th, the double damage, and the speed should be good to overcome most.

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Next let's talk about the restriction. I'm aware some RPers don't get much about the "can't use above B-rank ninjutsu" restriction while EIG is active. What do you think? Any question about this?

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
I feel it’s pretty straightforward and simple tbh. And even with the chakra and damage thats added to Nin it isnt really worth it to use it with EIG active, unless it’s a support technique of some sort that works in that situation

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So let's visit the techniques. Open the first gate and combine both techniques on my clone.

(Chiratsuki Kaihi) Flicker Evasion
Type: Defensive
Range: Short-Long
Description:
A skill usable by all EIG users and masters, once one has opened at least one of the EIG, he will move at high speeds to dodge, attack or defend from techniques. The ability pertains to movement in the battle field, meaning running, walking, jumping, dashing, etc and its speed depends on the Gate currently opened.
Note: This version can only be used by EIG masters with at least one gate opened

(Hachimon: Gourai Rensa) - Eight Gates: Strong Thunder Lotus Chain
Type: Attack
Chakra Cost: N/A
Damage Points: 40
Description: A taijutsu attack were the user opens the first gate and does a combo with a chained weapon to wrap up his opponent and launch them into the air.After that the user will launch himself in the air and begin a barrage of strikes,
knocking his opponent back towards the ground. He will then finish them off with a strong strike right into the ground itself.
Note: Requires 1st gate opening

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
*Tapping into my brain I would unlock the first gate as I initiate a mad dash towards the clone. Once near the clone I would utilise a kusarigama to both graze the skin of the clone and wrap him up at the chest area. The sequence would be followed by a rising right clockwise roundhouse kick towards the abdomen, knocking the wind out of the clone while launching him towards the sky. The sequence would be a fluid one, as I would first attack the upper body as I move around the clone, applying the Kusarigama, then continue rotating around the clone to deliver the kick. Once the clone is in the air I would jump behin him, while pulling on the kusarigama(with my left hand). This should lead to a rising left knee strike to the clones head, one to be followed with a right hand punch to the back of the head as I reposition myself above the clone to deliver the final strike; a powerful downwards facing kick with my right foot aimed to hit the back of the clones head and drive it into the ground.

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very good. This one is seen mostly used by Lee. after opening the first gate, you use shadow dancing leave and then pile drive the target on the ground.

(Hachimon: Omote Renge) - Eight Gates: Primary Lotus
Type:Attack
Range:Short
Chakra Cost:N/A
Damage Points: 40
Description: Front Lotus requires the opening of the first of the Eight Chakra Gates, giving the user five times their normal strength. The user launches the opponent into the air and then uses Shadow of the Dancing Leaf. Once behind the opponent, the user restrains them and pile-drives them into the ground head first while rotating at a ferocious speed. Because it uses one of the chakra gates, the user is left extremely fatigued, making this technique a "double-edged sword". However those who have mastered the use of the Eight Gates can use this technique without any strain to their body.
Note: Must first open the 1st Gate

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
The five times strength is only there for the sake of it, no? It doesn't multiply the damage by five, right? Otherwise it's pretty simple and infamous and works well with the basic tai technique, especially considering it was the og combo in the series.

Oh and can clones use EIG?

Last edited:

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No multiplication. They should be able too since they also have chakra network though the pain however from overexerting themselves would make them disperse. You don't need to worry about the pain if you are an EIGm though.

( Sukaiu~ōku ) - Sky Walk
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Description: A skill usable by all EIG users and masters, once one has opened at least six of the EIG, he will gain the ability to walk on air to dodge, attack or defend from techniques. The ability pertains to movement in the air, meaning walking, jumping, dashing off the air itself etc and its speed depends on the Gate currently opened.
Note: Must have at least one gate opened.

(Hitori Omote Renge) - One-Man Front Lotus
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description:
A singular version of its parent technique, the Front Lotus, the user instead starts spinning by himself creating strong air currents around him after having jumped high enough, and dives down on the opponent rather than with them. The effect is drastic as the momentum the user carries and the massive rotating vortex of air around him can create a crater upon impact on the ground. This technique can be used to fight on equal grounds with elemental techniques, using the air vortex produced by the fast spinning to clash with the technique with the user as the driving force beneath the attack.
Note: the user needs to have opened at least up to the 3rd Gate

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
A pretty nice versatile movement technique. Which gate is it usable on though? It needs a slight edit with that clarified.

I guess this is okay, though I'm not a huge fan of taijutsu that requires chakra usage. Nevertheless, it's still acceptable since you it's equal to elemental stuff and you'd have the EIG DMG boost to it.

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
once one has opened at least six of the EIG, he will gain the ability to walk on air

The above is the answer to your question. You must have opened the sixth gate.

So next two requires speed to be able to catch your opponent and deliver the blow with much hindrance though the speed also adds to the power. You once again use the shadow of the dancing leaf to send your opponent t airborne before delivering the final blow. You can use the first one with the third gate and above depending on how much of a surprise you want it to be to your target.

You are literally sending your opponent into the sky once again using the second technique hough requires no use of shadow of dancing leaf. This requires more speed though which I think is the reason for the fire coated punches.

Hachimon: Ura Renge) - Eight Gates: Hidden Lotus
Damage Points: 60
Description:After using leaf dancing shadow you grab the opponent after some short combos you slam them into the ground with a swirling smash.
Note: the user needs to have opened at least up to the 3rd Gate

(Hachimon: Asa Kujaku) - Eight Gates: Morning Peacock
Damage Points: 60
Description: The user will approach the target in a crane stance and kick then into the sky.Then the target is stuck with many punches that are literally on fire, which makes the peacock design in the air.The last blow send the enemy flying into the ground
Requirements:6 gates open

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Gotcha.

And these are pretty nice, and I guess once you're up to the sixth gate level it would be kind of a waste not to incorporate the fiery power granted into techniques.

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea

The first one is a round house that is able to sever though that's from what was written.
Can be done with any gate opened.

Second one is several fast flame kick before a final take down.

Geki Konoha Kongouriki senpuu) - Extremely Powerful Whirlwind of the Leaf
Type: Attack
Chakra cost: N/A
Damage points: 60
Description: After entering one of the eight gates the user deals a sever roundhouse kick to his opponent.
Note: Can only be performed whilst one of the eight gates are open.

( Konoha Gōen Shippū ) -Tree Leaf Roaring Flame Hurricane
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: The user unlocks five of the Eight Gates and begins a kick so fast his leg catches on fire. The user then spins around into the air creating a spiral of flame before bringing his leg down through the centre and into the ground where the fire bursts outwards blasting any enemy within close proximity.

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The jutsu below; what is its main limitation. Also at least how many gates needs to be opened due to the specifics of its inner working?

(Hachimon: Gyaku no Basutā) - Eight Gates: Reverse Buster
Chakra cost: 40
Damage points: 80
Description: The user flip kicks the enemy into the air and opens several chakra gates. He dashes into the air where he kicks the enemy two times, launching them higher into the air where he strikes kicks them towards the ground. He dashes to the ground before them and punches the falling enemy away in a massive wave of chakra.