13,586💸
Kumi
74,671💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Entry 7;

The
Beginning:

Once there was a Great Empire, one so powerful it could not be rivaled by anything before, nor anything after. Technology had advanced to such a degree that not only were space-travels made possible, but different planets and colonies, different societies and species worked together, co-existed in harmony. Forming a Galactic Empire, everyone was united under a common cause, a common goal... Peace. Maintaining it and furthering evolution and galactic growth were only two of the important values held by the Empire though, and for 100 000 years, the Galactic Empire stood firm, upholding the peace. One day however, something from far beyond the realms of known-space in the galaxy sprung forth from the shadows. Originating from a galaxy that was still unknown to the Galactic Empire, these red-skinned humanoid species known as Sith, was far more advanced and far more dangerous than anything known to date. They came from a planet called Korriban, their home-world, and it was there that they had learned their unique abilities, utilizing something called the 'Force,' something which allowed them to do... Unnatural things. Evil spread throughout the galaxy as corruption slowly bred and chaos followed. Centuries later, an Order was made to oppose the rule of the Sith who had manifested in the Galactic Empire and assumed full control. This order was compromised of former members of the Sith Council, who had struck out in greed seeking powers of their own. They too utilized the Power of the Force, and in order to outclass the established rule made by the other section of the Sith race they now viewed as their enemy, they began recruiting and training other selective species to join in their quest. This war lasted for 7000 years before it came to an end. On one side, the original Sith from Korriban, on the other, the new form, the new group of wielders of the Force. Unlike the Sith who possessed and harnessed the Dark Side and the dark energy of the Force, they were compromised of all kind of races and they utilized the Light Side of the Force, the good side... Utilizing the Force was no longer locked to specific races, to specific species, but to those who chose to use their powers for Good, and to those who chose to use their powers for evil. This new form, this new Order looked upon themselves as righteous, and although some of them still possessed and harnessed the Power of the Dark Side of the Force when so needed, they mostly used their powers for a good cause. They called themselves Jedi, and were the true opposite of the Sith...

As the war came to an end, the Sith was pushed back, forced to abandon their power, their control, as they fled back to their home-world of Korriban. They were not allowed to remain there in solitude however, as the Jedi hunted them down and not only almost brought them to extinction, but themselves as well. One Dark Lord of the Sith escaped this onslaught however, with a quest so elaborated, that it would take more than just luck to achieve it. He wanted to utilize a wormhole to travel back in time and reset the entire timeline, to once again assume control over the galaxy. His name, was Darth Demise. On the other hand, only three Jedi survived the encounter on Korriban; two Jedi Masters and one Jedi Knight, a Jedi in training. The two Jedi Masters were a man named Galen Marek, who was the teacher to the young knight, to the young apprentice, and his very own tutor of the past, a woman, someone simply known as Hylia. The apprentice's name, was Revan. Regrouping at the Jedi Temple, the three Jedi agreed upon that they had no choice but to track Demise down and bring an end to the Sith in fear of what he might be scheming. Hylia decided that Marek and Revan would seek out Demise who had taken shelter in a space station orbiting just outside a Green Planet, to bring an end to the chaos once and for all, and to restore peace to the galaxy.

The two Jedi set out as they shortly arrived at the space station not long after. After bypassing the security and fighting their way through to the bridge, the central-command of the space station, they finally came face to face with the Dark Lord again. A brief battle ensued where Revan was forced to see his Master fall by the Lightsaber of the Sith, a weapon so powerful it could cut through anything. Unable to stop him from escaping, Revan barely managed to connect a tracking-device to Demise's escape pod, as he quickly returned to the Jedi Temple to share the regretful news of the fall of his Master. Receiving the sad news, Hylia saw no other choice than to promote the young Jedi to Master as she sent him on his way to a far-away planet that rested on the Outer-Rim of the galaxy, a planet still largely undiscovered, unexplored. To a planet simply known as the "Earth." Fearing that it would be a one-way trip, Hylia reassured Revan that if he succeeded, the peace they had been fighting for would finally be restored. Revan set out on his way to track down Demise, and shortly thereafter he arrived on the Blue Planet. Crash-landing due to the gravitational pull of the planet, Revan barely made it out of the wreak to discover that his own lightsaber had been broken in the fall. Luckily, he had brought his new creation, something that was said to rival the powerful lightsabers the Jedi and the Sith had so relied upon. He called this creation the Goddess Sword, to honor his Master's Master, Hylia. It looked like an ordinary sword, but it possessed unique powers to push back evil, reacting purely on the good will and the courage of the one wielding it. As he escaped his wreak, he came upon a stranger who himself didn't seem to belong to this place, to this era, and that is where the story of The Forgotten Tale, begun, as the two of them would later go up against the Dark Lord and bring an end to the suffering and the pain. Peace... Did indeed happen temporarily, but not without Revan giving his life in the process. Demise was beaten, and the Goddess Sword, now simply know as the Master Sword, had found its new wielder, its successor. And this is where it all began, the Destined 8 Wielders of the Master Sword was now preordained, and peace would truly never last until the fated day where all wielders would reunite to bring on True Eternal Peace came... The era of the Jedi and the Sith had come to an end, but for this young blue planet, for this "Earth," a lot was still in store...

Indeed. It did not take long before this new wielder of the Master Sword also found his own successor at a newly build temple, a temple that later would be renamed the Temple of Time. And that is where this story will continue, in the next entry.

Author's Note:

1: I did not plan this to happen. Recollection of the Past was really supposed to last only 6 Entries, however, as I was going through it again before release, I realized more and more that I really regretted not giving Levi and Aragon their own "perspectives" of the Master Timeline story, and I also realized that I never truly gave an explanation to how everything happened before The Forgotten Tale began. As I decided to finally release the draft version of the first and only chapter that I will be making for the Base of Three Kingdoms, I realized that it would be cool to do two one-time short releases of something from Aragon and Levi too, and as the idea struck me, I realized that I could pull that off in 3 new entries of Recollection of the Past, especially considering how the "Final" Entry ended with the lines; "The definitive end of the Master Timeline comes to an end as True Eternal Peace really did happen, but are there more stories of the past to be told?" Originally this was a reference to Three Kingdoms itself which was suppose to be my focus after The Legendary Sage of Six Paths, but with my new ideas, I figured it would make more sense for it to be a reference to another 3 entries of the same story. As entry 6 concludes Naruto/The Wizard's Point of View of the Timeline, the 3 last entries focuses on mapping out the background story to The Forgotten Tale, and also give an insight to how Aragon arrived to the Temple of Time and met with Naruto (as showed at the end of The Forgotten Tale - That will be the focus in the next entry), and how Levi came across the Master Sword in the Lost Woods and eventually went up to a deathmatch with Ganondorf (entry 9). I don't know what you guys will think of this, but I like to look at it as a nice surprise being that this is the first time I think about something entirely new to write in at least a year's time. Also it's quite simple to write so it's no problem. The bonus is that since most of you were behind on my other chapters, I had the time to do all three of these entries in the meantime, without the demand for chapter 8 of TLSoSP, which will indeed be my next story in focus. Hope you liked this one!

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I loved that you chose to release a short backstory to Revan’s origin! =D I just love Star Wars!!! I really liked how you briefly gave each character in Revan’s life meaning as well as an explanation. I thought the way you chose to do this backstory was very well done. It reminded me of Star Wars of course but you put your spin on it and I liked it.

It was a very enjoyable read! I wish I could say more as it was just too brief but I think you nailed it! =D ;)

Author’s Note:

Yes, that is what I was thinking. I was like he released another one??? lol However, I thought it was a great edition! ;)

That’s some nice insight and I’m liking that the next entries will focus more on Aragon and levi as they needed some more character development ^^

I’m looking forward to it! =D

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,671💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now that was short.
I know xD It's just a filler to my universe at the end of the day though, so it is supposed to be short.

I loved that you chose to release a short backstory to Revan’s origin! =D I just love Star Wars!!! I really liked how you briefly gave each character in Revan’s life meaning as well as an explanation. I thought the way you chose to do this backstory was very well done. It reminded me of Star Wars of course but you put your spin on it and I liked it.

It was a very enjoyable read! I wish I could say more as it was just too brief but I think you nailed it! =D ;)

Author’s Note:

Yes, that is what I was thinking. I was like he released another one??? lol However, I thought it was a great edition! ;)

That’s some nice insight and I’m liking that the next entries will focus more on Aragon and levi as they needed some more character development ^^

I’m looking forward to it! =D
I figured it would make sense to somehow establish the time-span of this Timeline and one of the thoughts that struck me was to do this. I wrote it in a way to make it understandable for people who have no clue of what Star Wars is, but that is as far as my own spin of it goes I guess. It still takes inspiration from "established" source material like Sith originating from Korriban (Knights of the Old Republic and 'more'). At the end of the day, not all of my readers have indeed read The Forgotten Tale, so it might not make a lot of sense for everyone. I still found it like a fresh spice to give more taste to my writing, although I must say that I prefer what I wrote for Aragon and Levi a heck of a lot of more, and both entries are a lot bigger than this. They should be close to my normal standards in a way.

Yeah, there isn't really that much to say about it, I'm amazed you managed to make such a lengthy review xd Nevertheless both the entry and your review served their purpose. The only reason I'm not releasing all 3 of them at a faster pace is due to the fact that my vacation is coming up, and I can't be bothered to do any writing before then. That is why I have put everything on a hold until August regarding TLSoSP, to be able to dive into it with a fresh portion of energy and inspiration so to speak 8) I think it's going to be just the thing to make it as good/decent as I feel it needs to be.

I felt it was the only place this story fitted in, and with the past entry concluding Naruto's point of view, I felt the title of this Entry fitted quite well in contrast to the last, marking a new take on the timeline beyond what was already revealed.

The key I can give you about the next one about Aragon is... *Crossing the Sea in a ferocious storm, the young man seeks out his destiny* Look forward to it ^^

Last edited:

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,671💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice Michael. Really nice. It was brief..but I most definitely enjoyed it xd
Thanks for the double rep ^^

Yeah, I think it's more likeable towards those who actually read The Forgotten Tale really. That's also one of the reasons to why it is this short. Like I mentioned to you in my VM, I did indeed write Recollection 7-9 in a day while I usually spend at least a week a chapter other times xd

I'll probably release Recollection 8 on Monday or something ;)

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I figured it would make sense to somehow establish the time-span of this Timeline and one of the thoughts that struck me was to do this. I wrote it in a way to make it understandable for people who have no clue of what Star Wars is, but that is as far as my own spin of it goes I guess. It still takes inspiration from "established" source material like Sith originating from Korriban (Knights of the Old Republic and 'more'). At the end of the day, not all of my readers have indeed read The Forgotten Tale, so it might not make a lot of sense for everyone. I still found it like a fresh spice to give more taste to my writing, although I must say that I prefer what I wrote for Aragon and Levi a heck of a lot of more, and both entries are a lot bigger than this. They should be close to my normal standards in a way.

Yeah, there isn't really that much to say about it, I'm amazed you managed to make such a lengthy review xd Nevertheless both the entry and your review served their purpose. The only reason I'm not releasing all 3 of them at a faster pace is due to the fact that my vacation is coming up, and I can't be bothered to do any writing before then. That is why I have put everything on a hold until August regarding TLSoSP, to be able to dive into it with a fresh portion of energy and inspiration so to speak 8) I think it's going to be just the thing to make it as good/decent as I feel it needs to be.

I felt it was the only place this story fitted in, and with the past entry concluding Naruto's point of view, I felt the title of this Entry fitted quite well in contrast to the last, marking a new take on the timeline beyond what was already revealed.

The key I can give you about the next one about Aragon is... *Crossing the Sea in a ferocious storm, the young man seeks out his destiny* Look forward to it ^^

Well, it was kind of you to write this out in a way for new readers to have a better understanding and it was just an enjoyable read! I actually have liked all of your Recollections and don’t have a favorite :) I think they were all done wonderfully! =D

Bor you call my post a lengthy review, well I don’t think so I was disappointed because I felt like I fell short and didn’t write enough lol Thanks for thinking that it was sufficient enough though ;)

Thanks and it’s nice to hear that you’re taking a vacation soon, I hope you have a lot of fun! ^^

Nice little clue and I definitely do look forward to it! =D

Trea

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Short, but good. I love Star Wars so I really enjoyed it and it put the timeline into better perspective. Except for part one I am really enjoying Recollections. Not so with Three Kingdoms, sorry, but I couldn't let the opportunity slide to let you know how I feel about unfinished stories. Outside of that I have enjoyed every story of yours that I've read.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,671💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, it was kind of you to write this out in a way for new readers to have a better understanding and it was just an enjoyable read! I actually have liked all of your Recollections and don’t have a favorite :) I think they were all done wonderfully! =D

But you call my post a lengthy review, well I don’t think so I was disappointed because I felt like I fell short and didn’t write enough lol Thanks for thinking that it was sufficient enough though ;)

Thanks and it’s nice to hear that you’re taking a vacation soon, I hope you have a lot of fun! ^^

Nice little clue and I definitely do look forward to it! =D
Thanks yet again^^

You were the one to write the most so far actually xD And you're the only one to comment on Three Kingdoms, lmao. So yeah, gratitude is in order for sure ;D

Seeing you and Trea's posts now, I actually got inspired to just release the next entry early seeing that basically everyone is up to date and being that this was such a short one. I'll be doing that after this post.

Short, but good. I love Star Wars so I really enjoyed it and it put the timeline into better perspective. Except for part one I am really enjoying Recollections. Not so with Three Kingdoms, sorry, but I couldn't let the opportunity slide to let you know how I feel about unfinished stories. Outside of that I have enjoyed every story of yours that I've read.
As long as you liked the potential for that said story, I'm happy. I think you are refusing to comment on it due to that fact alone, despite what you might think about the story the 1st chapter offered. That is fine though, at this particular point I feel like I only released it for Kuroi's sake xD I'm kind of excited to start out on the real version this fall however, so I guess I'll make it up to you and myself somehow at the end of the day. At this particular point, I have no idea how long I'll write it. Still planning to do the arc by arc idea, even though I laid out ideas and notes for 80 or so chapters on my hardrive back in 2011 xD

I agree about what you said about the Entries of Recollection in overall. I still don't think there was any other way to do the first Entry however, in that case I would have had to omit TLSoK reference altogether and just worked my way from Revan's point of view mixed in with Entry 7 somehow. I can't really wrap my head around the fact right now xD I'm glad you liked this entry despite its length though. Like I mentioned a couple of times already, I did in fact write 3 entries in one day, so it was either to release them all as one or do them separately like this. I really feel like the Timeline was given more "life" so to speak with this "rewritten" beginning so to speak, and with it, no real "holes" are left in it unexplored. So when I do in fact finish TLSoSP, I only have Three Kingdoms left, even though it will be written as a separate story when I get down to it.

Trea

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You're right, there was no other way to do the first entry, it was necessary for the rest of it to proceed. Recollections makes the whole timeline make sense. It puts it all into perspective and brings it full circle. There were times in your story where I got confused with the past and this helped to give it clarity.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,671💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're right, there was no other way to do the first entry, it was necessary for the rest of it to proceed. Recollections makes the whole timeline make sense. It puts it all into perspective and brings it full circle. There were times in your story where I got confused with the past and this helped to give it clarity.
Glad you think so ^^

At first I thought that releasing it when I came up with the idea would be the best, but later I thought doing it as my last project here would fit better. Having done the thing in between and released it simultaneously with TLSoSP, I can now say that I probably chose the smartest move of them all. If I hadn't, I would probably not have come up with the ideas for Entry 7-9 at all, which ultimately gave the entire thing a more complete feeling to it.

Let me know what you think of the 8th one whenever you have the time to read it. No rush or anything. And oh! I might add that a sense of familiarity will strike you while reading the last part of it but I can assure you that even if it feels familiar, it's not completely the same. See the Author's Note after you have read it for more information.

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks yet again^^

You were the one to write the most so far actually xD And you're the only one to comment on Three Kingdoms, lmao. So yeah, gratitude is in order for sure ;D

Seeing you and Trea's posts now, I actually got inspired to just release the next entry early seeing that basically everyone is up to date and being that this was such a short one. I'll be doing that after this post.
You're welcome yet again XD

Well it's a shame and you deserve every bit of kudos you get! Thank you so much =D

I see well, I've read and posted my feedback :)

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting, Revan's origins. *doesn't know too much about Star Wars*

Anyway, I get why you didn't enter. It was 'too short' according to your standards, right? I think it's a good piece with interesting development.

It's good that you're continuing, I don't know why but on Entry 6 I had the feeling that this was incomplete. I hope I get to see some more of Levi's story because he received the least background detail, I think (I don't think Kuan and Ike received much of a back story either).

Anyway, I'll read the next tomorrow ;)

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,671💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting, Revan's origins. *doesn't know too much about Star Wars*

Anyway, I get why you didn't enter. It was 'too short' according to your standards, right? I think it's a good piece with interesting development.

It's good that you're continuing, I don't know why but on Entry 6 I had the feeling that this was incomplete. I hope I get to see some more of Levi's story because he received the least background detail, I think (I don't think Kuan and Ike received much of a back story either).

Anyway, I'll read the next tomorrow ;)
Well if you want me to get complicated, Revan is based on the character of the same name from Star Wars: The Knights of the Old Republic Series, but that's as far as the comparison goes. This entry is more so an origin story for my entire Master Timeline, leading up to the events of The Forgotten Tale (which I always seem to forget that you haven't read, right? xd).

It's a two part reason really. The last contest didn't go well for me as I didn't place, something I had come to expect due to the "unique-ness" of this series (being mainly for my old readers, making it hard to "vote" for for anyone else which was proven somewhat right I suppose). There have been times where I haven't placed but then I've joined with the same chapters later and placed. This time I dreaded the thought of doing the same with those entries knowing that I'm just about to stop competing for good and that the chance of placing then are even less likely. So with that in mind, I figured it would be even less realistic and even more pointless to join with these 3 last ones that are very short indeed. I decided to neglect Recollection altogether from contesting from this point on, and just focus on my remaining chapters for my TLSoSP Series, which should give me 3 more contests (I'm thinking October-December), which sounds like a good number to end it on.

So yeah reason 1 was that I didn't bother/see the point, reason 2 was length and overall acceptance in a sense.

You are right, but as I told Trea or Kuroi, that little ending was meant to be a reference to my Three Kingdoms Story that I never truly got to do and ended up only doing the draft version of here on NB (not sure if you even saw it xd). However, with these extra entries, this series got a more refined ending in my eyes. And also, it seems like the font type of Xuan's name make it seem like it's spelled "Kuan" for some reason, you being the second to think that xD Alas, both Xuan and Ike gets more attention in what may very well be my last written piece if I actually decide to go through with the National Novel Writing Month (not too sure now due to time restrains).
Both Levi and Aragon get some extra focus in the last two entries though.

Cool ^^ Like I said in my VM, this makes me feel rushed xD In my defense though, it took you a month to start reading this and I suppose I'm at the 3 weeks mark for your chapters soon, lmao. But I will read yours by next week for sure, as soon as the "partying" starts to calm down.

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well if you want me to get complicated, Revan is based on the character of the same name from Star Wars: The Knights of the Old Republic Series, but that's as far as the comparison goes. This entry is more so an origin story for my entire Master Timeline, leading up to the events of The Forgotten Tale (which I always seem to forget that you haven't read, right? xd).

It's a two part reason really. The last contest didn't go well for me as I didn't place, something I had come to expect due to the "unique-ness" of this series (being mainly for my old readers, making it hard to "vote" for for anyone else which was proven somewhat right I suppose). There have been times where I haven't placed but then I've joined with the same chapters later and placed. This time I dreaded the thought of doing the same with those entries knowing that I'm just about to stop competing for good and that the chance of placing then are even less likely. So with that in mind, I figured it would be even less realistic and even more pointless to join with these 3 last ones that are very short indeed. I decided to neglect Recollection altogether from contesting from this point on, and just focus on my remaining chapters for my TLSoSP Series, which should give me 3 more contests (I'm thinking October-December), which sounds like a good number to end it on.

So yeah reason 1 was that I didn't bother/see the point, reason 2 was length and overall acceptance in a sense.

You are right, but as I told Trea or Kuroi, that little ending was meant to be a reference to my Three Kingdoms Story that I never truly got to do and ended up only doing the draft version of here on NB (not sure if you even saw it xd). However, with these extra entries, this series got a more refined ending in my eyes. And also, it seems like the font type of Xuan's name make it seem like it's spelled "Kuan" for some reason, you being the second to think that xD Alas, both Xuan and Ike gets more attention in what may very well be my last written piece if I actually decide to go through with the National Novel Writing Month (not too sure now due to time restrains).
Both Levi and Aragon get some extra focus in the last two entries though.

Cool ^^ Like I said in my VM, this makes me feel rushed xD In my defense though, it took you a month to start reading this and I suppose I'm at the 3 weeks mark for your chapters soon, lmao. But I will read yours by next week for sure, as soon as the "partying" starts to calm down.
I skimmed through it once, but in essence I haven't really read it.

You seem to have everything planned xd

Xuan Kuan, same difference :p

I'll be looking forward to it, maybe you'll have a third chapter to read by then ;)