Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Recollection of the Past
Entry 1;

Beyond Death - Revan's Tale:

Introduction (Do read for a better understanding of the following tale!) 1:

The Master Timeline - The following story is based on my other written projects here on the Base, which all lines up chronologically within a Shared Universe/Timeline, and correspondingly, this story also takes place within my 'Master Timeline,' just like the others do (The Legendary Sage of Konoha Series, The Legend of Link & The Master Sword's Origins, The Forgotten Tale: A Link Through Time & The Legendary Sage of Six Paths. The Master Timeline is a term used for the Universe I've created where all my series are somewhat connected with each other despite the gap in time and the difference in story between them. They are all connected through an unique item and the wielders of that said item, namely the Master Sword).

So if you haven't read any of my previous works (primarily my The Legendary Sage of Konoha Series with all of its Sequels and Chronicles, but also any of the other ones), it will be kind of hard not to get lost (considering that there's a huge difference between the end of the 4th Great Shinobi War in my Series and in the Manga, story-wise). Still though, if you really would like to read this story, then by all means do so, but it is written primarily for my older readers (the few I have left) and is more or less quite challenging to follow and read as a stand-alone work in comparison to some of my other projects here on the Base. You'll be able to get what's going on, but there will be several things that will make you scratch your head if you are indeed thinking of what took place in the manga rather than in my past stories.

Like I said, I'm not expecting many readers to follow this work, and neither is that the reason to why I decided to write it. I mainly wrote it for my own purpose to help me (and those very few readers who are into my Master Timeline) better grasp the overall storyline that I've panned out. The Master Timeline is a term I've mentioned on quite a few occasions already, but it is not something I've dived deeper into and really mapped out. I came to invent that term once I realized that there was a possibility to tie all my stories together into one big universe, and that is why or even how I'm able to connect all these unique stories (everything from Naruto to The Legend of Zelda to Zorro to Star Wars, to The Warring State Period of Japan, to the Three Kingdoms Era of China, and even further than that) together. The following story, Recollection of the Past, was an idea for a project to sum up the existing and upcoming stories within my Timeline Universe, so it's going to be quite unique indeed.

The chronology of all my stories within the Master Timeline are as following;

---> The Forgotten Tale: A Link Through Time (The third story I wrote) - The story about the first wielder of the Master Sword, Jedi Master Revan, and his encounter with the one destined to tie the past with the future and bring on true eternal peace, having arrived to a planet called 'Earth' on a quest to bring on long-awaited peace to the galaxy. Together, they take on the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Demise.

---> The Legend of Link & The Master Sword's Origins (The second story I wrote) - The story about the fifth wielder of the Master Sword, Link, and how he eventually ended up in his ultimate battle against the Great King of Evil, Ganondorf.

---> Three Kingdoms (Still to be written. It will be my final story within this timeline) - Its content is still a secret, but there's already a preview of it released in December 2013 on the Base in something called the 'Master Timeline Triple Preview... The story is about the 6th and 7th wielder of the Master Sword, and takes place in the Three Kingdoms Era.

---> The Legendary Sage of Six Paths (The fourth story I wrote - Currently ongoing) - The story about the eight and last wielder of the Master Sword, Hagoromo Otsutsuki, and how the Legendary Sage of Six Paths came to be. His encounter with the Great Ancient Wizard of the old and his struggle to unite the people in a war-torn land and to guide them into an era of peace. The Sengoku Jidai (Warring States Period) also takes center stage of this tale.

---> The Legendary Sage of Konoha (The first story I wrote) - Does this tale even need a sum up? It's about Naruto's journey after the 4th Great Shinobi war ended, how a decade of peace turned into yet another war before the land could finally feel long-lasting peace again. It all cultivates down to the 6th Great Shinobi War a 100 years after, which is also the end of this entire timeline altogether...

Then, comes the Recollection of the Past. Not as a story taking place after TLSoK, but rather, a tale that sums up everything within this timeline in one short story. Naruto's meeting with all of the seven other wielders of the Master Sword and how the journey of 7000 years finally came to an end. If I wanted to, I could be talking about this for much, much longer, but considering that I actually got a story to tell, I'll try to be brief. The second and third wielder of the Master Sword, Aragon and Levi respectively, don't get their own separate stories like the others, as I originally had planned, but instead, to avoid having them just being mentioned on a few occasions up throughout my other stories, I decided to make a more 'unified tale' to bring just to their absentees (in other words, you can look at this tale as the defining story for my Master Timeline, and it's basically the reason to why I decided to drop panning out stories for these two like I did indeed plan to do, but ultimately also because it would take too much time to do and that the ideas weren't as solid as I had hoped for, being potentially too similar to the Legend of Link).

I still haven't decided what to do about my Three Kingdoms idea yet though, but most likely I'll try to do some of it despite the limits I'll have to put on myself (it was after all an idea I had where I would make it even bigger than my TLSoK Series. That's rather unrealistic at this point). In any case, the sixth and seventh wielders of the Master Sword, Xuan and Ike, will get their time to shine there, and that story will indeed take place between The Legend of Link & The Master Sword's Origins and The Legendary Sage of Six Paths, being the last story I write within this shared universe of the Master Timeline. Other than that, I pretty much have some other ideas that if written, will take a step in a totally new and different direction, away from this timeline all together. One of them is the collaboration work I'll be doing next after this one together with Germanicus here at the Base. That is basically all I have to say before starting on this story, and it's also basically all you need to know before reading it.

[...]

So, what will this new project, Recollection of the Past, that I'll be telling here have to offer? For my long-time readers (and to any new ones as well), here's a short sum up, or rather, a prologue for you to read...

Prologue/Introduction 2;

The end of The Legendary Sage of Konoha marked the beginning of this timeline (I did indeed give out several hints towards it happening throughout the entirety of it as well, but not all of them as clear. The brightest one has to be the introduction of the Master Sword from The Legend of Zelda Series and the background-story for the Sage of Six Paths, in my sequel, TLSoK Returns). Naruto stepped down as the new Great Toad Sage of Mt. Myobokuzan and left everything in Ikari's care, for him to look over the world and towards the future as the 6th Great Shinobi War finally came to an end.

It had already been over 150 years since the 4th Great Shinobi War ended, and Naruto's time had finally come. He had fulfilled his destiny, broken the curse of the Jubi, and could finally rejoin his beloved family and friends from the past... Or so he thought. Finally meeting with the Wizard of the old, a meeting that had been foreshadowed for ages, Naruto learned that there were things even he could not foresee in this world. The Wizard was in fact a Future-Self of himself, and learning about the history of the world, his past and Naruto's own future journey, Naruto had to make the ultimate choice of life and death.

Bringing on long-awaited peace and the end to his Future-Self, Naruto then traveled to the past by using the Master Sword as a gateway, thus, putting it to its final rest on Mt. Myobokuzan. Ikari and the rest of the world finally experience true eternal peace, but Naruto's job was far from over just yet. Longing to rejoin his beloved ones from the past, he still had to embrace himself and continue on his path in order to make sure that this future actually came to be. He then jumped 7000 years back in time, to begin on what would now be his longest journey yet, and that is where he met with Revan, the first wielder of the Master Sword...

[...]

For as long as time remember, there has always been war...

Although different periods of time has brought different eras of peace,
An underlying cause for hatred has always been there lurking in the shadows,
Always present, always abiding its time to spring forth once again to disturb the hard-fought peace...
This tale is that of the forgotten, in a distant place far, far away.

This is how it all began, 7000 years ago...
When a defining change was just about to happen,
A different course, in a different place than what we eventually has come to know as the "Earth."
A change that would make two worlds collide, the starting point for a new beginning...

This is the tale of Jedi Master Revan
And how he came to be known as the Hero of Time,
The first wielder of the Master Sword.
This is how it all began, a long time ago...

In a Galaxy, far, far away...

I first met Revan a long time ago... Through all these years, my meeting with him is the one I remember the most from when I traveled to the past. Not because of how much time I got to spend with him, but rather, how impactful that meeting was for the actions I would take from that point and onwards. Now, I did promise you I would tell you guys everything about my life and how it finally came to an end... And even though you've already heard the details beyond your lifetime, how the world continued on after all of your lifespans, and how our Legacy came to live in our world, I still haven't told you half of it. Because the story I'm about to tell extends beyond the one you already know. After all, being The Legendary Sage of Konoha wasn't all there was to my peculiar destiny. My life didn't end when I left our time in Ikari and the rest of the world's hands, in fact, that was only the beginning...

The story I'm about to tell you is rather lengthy, so I'm still not quite sure where to begin... Peace, War, Hatred, Lust for Power, Love, Determination, The Will to go on despite all odds... Terms all of you are acquainted with from our lifetime... There are so many words I could have used to describe my tale, but first and foremost, let's start off with where it all began for those of you who don't remember. I was born into a Village named Konoha in a rather unusual world. Yes, it was into a world which had already felt its pain and sorrow through its countless generations and wars, and even though there was still troubling times ahead, at that moment and for the first years of my life, it was, or in a sense felt, rather peaceful.

I never knew what my destiny would eventually bring me, but I know for certain now that it was one hell of a ride before I too got my well-deserved rest. The village system, ruled by a Kage and the shinobi system, maintained by something called Ninjutsu... Those two terms were what people knew, what they still somewhat know to this date. However, times are indeed changing, and true eternal peace is finally on the horizon. Most of you already know my Legendary Tale, but some of you, perhaps don't know the full extent of it...

After the 5th Great Shinobi War ended, the world could finally taste real peace for the first time in ages, however, there was still darkness lurking in the shadows. I continued my training and eventually became the successor of the Great Toad Sage, a burden which I've carried on my shoulders for a long while now. At that time, I didn't know what that choice would really bring me... I decided to leave the outside world, beyond Mt. Myobokuzan, in the care of my Legacy. What came after that is really something I've gone through enough times already, but the things that came even after that period of time again, now that's the interesting parts of this story. Because, this won't be a story about my life in this world... It will be a story about my death when I left it, how I was reborn and came to the past, and my 7000 years' journey to make sure that the past became the future so that the world really would get its eternal peace as I had witnessed. The end of the tale, before I came here to be rejoined with you guys, was when I finally met my Past-Self, how I told him of all the things he would have to go through, and how I finally, after our battle, could leave for the afterlife... But there's a lot of story to cover between my adventure to the past and the meeting with my Past-Self. I mentioned someone named Revan earlier... Well, that meeting was in a sense, what started it all. And I still remember one of the last times I spoke with him...

[...]

In a mysterious forest in a world full of untold secrets, a man was walking as if in a hurry, rapidly making his way forward. He was determined, having set his mind on a task he knew would take ages to fully complete. Having just recently suffered from amnesia, the man had now regained his full composure, and with it, everything he had learned in the past. Having put a three days' march from the Three Wolves Mountain and the Land of Iron behind him, the man had still a long way to go. Ahead of him waited a Great Temple, and there, he would meet a certain man destined to continue what Revan had started. As he was making progress through the trees, a familiar yet strange presence suddenly filled the air. He turned around, only to be met by a green-eyed man standing before him. Not as a living being however, but as a transparent projection of himself. Seeing the man now standing before him, he could not even begin to utter a word to put description to his thoughts.

"Re-van...?! But how, how can you still be here, you died??"

Looking star-struck, the man had no idea even where to begin.

"I thought I already told you, Naruto... The Force is a rather peculiar thing... It allows you to become one with nature, like this, for a shorter period of time when so needed. Only a skillful few are able to master this technique, thus giving birth to life even after death..."

"You need to learn me how to do that someday..."

"Don't mistake me... Even if a wielder of the Force is able to do this after his or her death, I am not able to utilize that technique myself though... The reason I'm here is because of the Master Sword. Remember what I told you??"

"Your soul is connected to the sword... So that is how huh..."

"So Naruto, do you know where the journey ahead will be taking you?"

"Yes... At the end of this endless forest, there's a temple being build. That is where I'll meet with the third wielder of the sword, Aragon."

"I see...Becoming one with the sword has allowed me to see into your past. Seems like you've been through more than I could ever have anticipated. The future, it is indeed a long and hard road to get where you need to be, isn't it? I will assist as much as I can along the way."

"I know Revan... I have already foreseen it. The construction of the great Temple of Time is only the beginning after all."

Looking at him, a smile of confidence formed on his face as Revan's soul slowly retracted within the sword again.

"I will keep my promise Revan and bring an end to everything eventually, just watch me."

[...]

Revan's death was only just the beginning of the tale and how each of the Master Sword's several wielders' souls eventually got connected with it. Peace... Although temporarily, I had still a long way to go to fully achieve it. After I first met Aragon, I knew that it would not be an easy task to fulfill my destiny... I will elaborate further on the corresponding events in my next entry.

Author's Note:

1: The first entry bases most of its story on The Legendary Sage of Konoha Series & The Forgotten Tale: A Link Through Time. So if you felt lost, it is highly understandable that you did if you haven't read any or both of the above mentioned work. Also to be mentioned, it's perhaps a good deal to have some memory of how the endings of those two stories played out.

2(as of 2015): When Revan talks about the power of the Force allowing certain individuals to come back after death, he's actually referring to what Hylia will/would be able to do much later on (as shown in Chapter 7 of TLSoSP).

3: This particular scene takes place between Menma(Naruto)'s final blow to Demise and Revan's death, and when he arrived at the Temple of Time three days later and met Aragon in chapter 6 of the Forgotten Tale. It takes place while Naruto is traveling to get there and through the dense forest he is seen exiting later on as the 6th chapter approached its end.

4(as of 2015): I'll make this series a short release before continuing my TLSoSP work which I bet some of you are anticipating. Since this will be just a short release, I won't bother too much with after-work on this one so the structure and the fluency might be a bit bumpy at times. I hope you can understand why. The next two remaining releases should be up within next week. Comment, Rate, "Subscribe" and catch you guys later xP ;)

Edit:

Last edited:

Trea

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't know what to make of this one yet. I feel like the notes before and after were longer than the chapter. I can understand why you would do so, in case people had not read your other work. As someone who had read your other work, I wish it was longer. I feel like I didn't learn much of anything new other than the fact that Revan can use the sword to communicate with Naruto when he feels it important enough and once your soul is attached to the sword you can see other wielder's pasts.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know what to make of this one yet. I feel like the notes before and after were longer than the chapter. I can understand why you would do so, in case people had not read your other work. As someone who had read your other work, I wish it was longer. I feel like I didn't learn much of anything new other than the fact that Revan can use the sword to communicate with Naruto when he feels it important enough and once your soul is attached to the sword you can see other wielder's pasts.
Yeah that is why I released it this early after the 7th Chapter of TLSoSP and also at one point thought of releasing it within the same thread as bonus releases. I was even considering making a small one-shot out of it due to its short length, but to be fair, I only have about 7 scenes to do in this series, and the 1st entry's one is probably the shortest (realistically speaking, there wasn't much more I could have come up with to include in addition to the Forgotten Tale. Likewise, the scene with the Wizard/Naruto and Hagoromo when they first met (which I've referred to some times in TLSoSP), is also in this short release and is also a very short scene. The bigger ones are within entry 2 and 3, which I'll be combining into one release for the next one.). It's meant to be a simple and fast sum-up, so you won't get anywhere near as "much" from this as any of my other stories. Although I can add that the full scene of what I previewed at the end of The Forgotten Tale is pretty neat.

Stay tuned.

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As I started reading this, I was wondering what this was exactly. I see now that this is too clarify your story as a whole even more than ever and it’s a nice thing to do for the readers who have followed these stories from the beginning ;)

Again, I thought it was so kind of you to provide a very brief summary for each of your stories ;)

Naruto’s somewhat brief explanation of his life after the Fourth Shinobi World War was done very well and it was a nice read :)

I really liked the idea of Revan’s soul being able to communicate with Naruto through the Master Sword =D It had a heartwarming factor to it. Also it was a nice touch and tied into Naruto’s continuing journey ^^

As short as it was and I have to say one the if not the most shortest chapters ever written by you, was done superbly! ;)

Author's Note:

2 Very interesting to know

3 Thanks for the clarification :p

4 I see, well even though you won’t be spending much time editing, etc. I still felt the read was good and not clumpy or many error sat all so good job nevertheless lol ^^

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As I started reading this, I was wondering what this was exactly. I see now that this is too clarify your story as a whole even more than ever and it’s a nice thing to do for the readers who have followed these stories from the beginning ;)

Again, I thought it was so kind of you to provide a very brief summary for each of your stories ;)

Naruto’s somewhat brief explanation of his life after the Fourth Shinobi World War was done very well and it was a nice read :)

I really liked the idea of Revan’s soul being able to communicate with Naruto through the Master Sword =D It had a heartwarming factor to it. Also it was a nice touch and tied into Naruto’s continuing journey ^^

As short as it was and I have to say one the if not the most shortest chapters ever written by you, was done superbly! ;)

Author's Note:

2 Very interesting to know

3 Thanks for the clarification :p

4 I see, well even though you won’t be spending much time editing, etc. I still felt the read was good and not clumpy or many error sat all so good job nevertheless lol ^^
Always as humble as ever huh :p Well if anything, I kind of felt like the introduction scene was perhaps a bit clouded at this point. I basically wrote it right after I had finished the Series Finale, and with that in mind, it all made perfect sense. It's been a year since that now, and it might truly only be I, myself, who remembers all the tiny details, that in the end, are utmost important to connect the dots. I've been thinking about taking this into consideration when I'm going to do the final bits for the last Entries of this story.

I must add though, I'm kind of surprised, taking this into consideration, that you seemingly didn't have any troubles reading this =p
As for Revan, this kind of explains his and Hylia's appearance in chapter 7 of TLSoSP (him being connected to the sword, Hylia being able to come back through the Force), which is a neat connection being released right after each other ;)

And to be frank, all my chapters of my first series back in 2010 was about this size xd Back then though, this was one of the lengthiest chapters on the Base xd There's a lot of introduction to be had in this one though which makes it seem short, but in overall, it's about the same size as the 1st chapter of TLSoSP ;)

I'll go to the next one to see the first comment made there as of yet o__O =)

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Always as humble as ever huh :p Well if anything, I kind of felt like the introduction scene was perhaps a bit clouded at this point. I basically wrote it right after I had finished the Series Finale, and with that in mind, it all made perfect sense. It's been a year since that now, and it might truly only be I, myself, who remembers all the tiny details, that in the end, are utmost important to connect the dots. I've been thinking about taking this into consideration when I'm going to do the final bits for the last Entries of this story.

I must add though, I'm kind of surprised, taking this into consideration, that you seemingly didn't have any troubles reading this =p
As for Revan, this kind of explains his and Hylia's appearance in chapter 7 of TLSoSP (him being connected to the sword, Hylia being able to come back through the Force), which is a neat connection being released right after each other ;)

And to be frank, all my chapters of my first series back in 2010 was about this size xd Back then though, this was one of the lengthiest chapters on the Base xd There's a lot of introduction to be had in this one though which makes it seem short, but in overall, it's about the same size as the 1st chapter of TLSoSP ;)

I'll go to the next one to see the first comment made there as of yet o__O =)
First of all, thank you for your compliment on The Legendary Sage of Six Paths chapter 7! =D

Thanks lol Well for your intro, what you felt cloudy, I felt refreshing as it attempted to put things into perspective in a sort of way and I thought it was done great ;) Also it’s very interesting you say that :)

Yeah, I was able to understand this and it did however briefly filled in some gaps which is always welcomed ^^

Wow, I suppose it’s been so long coupled with my pathetic memory (which I’m sure you’re sick of hearing lol) that I couldn’t recall. Thanks for that fun fact ^_^

LOL

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First of all, thank you for your compliment on The Legendary Sage of Six Paths chapter 7! =D

Thanks lol Well for your intro, what you felt cloudy, I felt refreshing as it attempted to put things into perspective in a sort of way and I thought it was done great ;) Also it’s very interesting you say that :)

Yeah, I was able to understand this and it did however briefly filled in some gaps which is always welcomed ^^

Wow, I suppose it’s been so long coupled with my pathetic memory (which I’m sure you’re sick of hearing lol) that I couldn’t recall. Thanks for that fun fact ^_^

LOL
Well I'm just glad you liked it. I didn't have much relation to Recollection of the Past at first, but with the later entries, I've grown more found of it. It wouldn't have sparked my mind to do those 3 secret chapters otherwise if I hadn't been reminded about how this timeline went down.

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mistake:
'You need to learn me how to do that someday...'
Corrected:
'You need to teach me how to do that someday...'

I thought that mistake in your chapter 7 was the last one I would find but...

Anyway, nice intro here, quite eye-catching and not 'boring' so to speak. You're moving through the scenes quite well and grammar is fine. Overall short, but good chapter. This is made to explain the main story, no?

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mistake:
'You need to learn me how to do that someday...'
Corrected:
'You need to teach me how to do that someday...'

I thought that mistake in your chapter 7 was the last one I would find but...

Anyway, nice intro here, quite eye-catching and not 'boring' so to speak. You're moving through the scenes quite well and grammar is fine. Overall short, but good chapter. This is made to explain the main story, no?
"Since this will be just a short release, I won't bother too much with after-work on this one so the structure and the fluency might be a bit bumpy at times."

I thought this would excuse any mistakes I made xD But you're right, that one's more of a... 'better choice of words' mistake than an actual error. It seems a bit broken that line now that you mention it xd

You will see, or rather, you already know I guess xD The 6 first entries are to conclude Naruto's Journey, while the 3 last ones are to smoothen things up, which should be of your liking ;)

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Since this will be just a short release, I won't bother too much with after-work on this one so the structure and the fluency might be a bit bumpy at times."

I thought this would excuse any mistakes I made xD But you're right, that one's more of a... 'better choice of words' mistake than an actual error. It seems a bit broken that line now that you mention it xd

You will see, or rather, you already know I guess xD The 6 first entries are to conclude Naruto's Journey, while the 3 last ones are to smoothen things up, which should be of your liking ;)
I see, just pointing it out, no real need to fix it.

I'll read 7 (send me the link again) tomorrow, notify me of the others when they come.