Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oda making good use of his break XD
By now I think it’s safe to say One Piece is something of a household name, especially for those interested or living in Japan as well as other parts of Asia. Not only has it become the best-selling manga and book in all of Japan, it’s spawned multiple movies, a new theme park, and even a cruise. But what do you know about the man behind all of this success?

We’ve got the scoop on a huge party One Piece creator Eiichiro Oda threw at his house last week, thanks to tweets sent out by a few of the VIPs on the guest list. Apparently even manga geniuses need to let loose every now and then!

Surprisingly little is known about Oda’s personal life outside of the studio. He met Chiaki Inaba, a model cosplaying Nami at the Shonen Jump Festival in 2002, and the two of them got married in 2004. Two years later, the couple welcomed their first and only daughter.

No doubt Oda spends most of his time juggling work and family, but it looks like the One Piece creator took a little time out of his busy schedule to host a very special party with some of Japan’s most notable talents in the manga/anime industry. More than 100 people gathered at Oda’s house to hang out over drinks and takoyaki.

With so many famous faces in one place, just how did Japanese netizens react? Here are just a few of the comments we pulled from 2ch.

“This is legendary! A day for the Gods.”
“What’s Kyary Pamyu Pamyu doing there?”
“I didn’t know a house that could fit 100 people even existed in Japan…”
“Only the number one manga artist in Japan could pull off something like this! What a dream come true!”
“This is insane!”

Oda is said to make over US$25 million a year off One Piece royalties, so it comes as no surprise the manga artist has enough connections and owns a house large enough house to host such an amazing get together. I only wish he’d thought to invite to the RocketNews24 staff as well!

TRE MERCER

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oda a lazy Mofo OP goes on a break literally after 3 or 4 weeks straight mark my words we'll get another break some near June 25th or July 2nd.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oda a lazy Mofo OP goes on a break literally after 3 or 4 weeks straight mark my words we'll get another break some near June 25th or July 2nd.
He only sleeps for 3 hours. He's anything but lazy.

OT: You should of posted the link to the article, it has pictures.

He should of invited me to his house party.

Kamui Sama

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I thought this site had something against linking :sweat:

was too lazy to post pictures as well lol

TRE MERCER

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

He only sleeps for 3 hours? Lol don't believe everything you read on the internet.

7th Biggest OP Fan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He does this because he almost died. He literately almost worked himself to death. His doctor has now ordered him to take a break every 3 weeks because he was working to the point that it was killing him. Him only sleeping 3-4 hours every night put a tremendous toll on his body. Not to mention he is a chain smoker. These factors have lead him to the decision to only put out 3 chapters a month.

Now what I find funny is people like you jump down his throat because he decided to throw a party. When was the last time you heard him doing this? Never? Yeah, this is the first time he has done something like that. In other interviews he had stated he just wishes he could go outside at times. This just shows his dedication to him manga. Instead of going outside, he works. Oda is not being lazy. He is being cautious. And the fact that he decided to enjoy himself once in 15 years doesn't in any way say he is lazy or slacking. I'm glad he was able to enjoy himself.

Naruto Power

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don’t like all the breaks and have said it a few times.
good that he is taking a break and enjoying life
but the whole 3 hours every night and I don’t believe
you body will break down and you will sleep. i know because i have pushed mine
what oda has bad health from chain smoking and lack of exercise from working. I get it. my job is physical so it keeps me in shape but the time to work out is not always there. he has an active mind which keeps him up later and later and makes it hard to fall a sleep.