Re 124 spoilers !!!!! Our boy Kaneki did it !!!!!

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kaneki and Touka do it !!!!!!!!!! Lol never thought that I would see on of my characters banged another one of my characters.

Kaneki be praise

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good to see them finally being official. I love the way Ishida built up their relationship and added the romance nicely.
The focus on Kaneki and Touka the last chapters gave me the part 1 feel back, with all the gerat interactions and moments they had.

Narushima

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Holy fckn sh1t! Take note mangakas who wish to troll – this is how it’s done.

Ishida censures the first kiss of the hero and heroine of his manga, and this in an ostensive parallel to the same chapter of the original manga where another duo (Amon/Akira) failed to resolve, only to draw a full-blown *** scene in the next chapter.

And not only that but he goes on to draw what is probably the best ***-scene I have ever witnessed in any form of graphic media – it’s realistic, funny, symbolic, tasteful and poignant.

Granted this raises huge death-flags for both Kaneki and Touka but to be honest, with Ishida demonstrating to be a far better writer than I anticipated again and again, I’m now not even certain that we will get another predictable tragedy as we might expect.

Edit and oh, ma boiiii Kaneki!!!!

Last edited:

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good to see them finally being official. I love the way Ishida built up their relationship and added the romance nicely.
The focus on Kaneki and Touka the last chapters gave me the part 1 feel back, with all the gerat interactions and moments they had.

Ishida censures the first kiss of the hero and heroine of his manga, and this in an ostensive parallel to the same chapter of the original manga where another duo (Amon/Akira) failed to resolve, only to draw a full-blown *** scene in the next chapter.

And not only that but he goes on to draw what is probably the best ***-scene I have ever witnessed in any form of graphic media – it’s realistic, funny, symbolic, tasteful and poignant.

Granted this raises huge death-flags for both Kaneki and Touka but to be honest, with Ishida demonstrating to be a far better writer than I anticipated again and again, I’m now not even certain that we will get another predictable tragedy as we might expect.

Agree wth you both, does this raises a death flag tho? I mean I honestly do not see them surviving this together

Narushima

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agree wth you both, does this raises a death flag tho? I mean I honestly do not see them surviving this together
I think it’s still possible that Kaneki may die at the end, leaving Touka and his kid behind, and possible but unlikely that both will die together in the end, but killing off Touka before Kaneki wouldn’t make any sense.

Kaneki has only been becoming more stable as a character since Cochlea where he lost his ‘tragic flaw,’ i.e. his suicidal tendencies. And now he has finally received that which his character has always yearned for the most, love - love which is not tied to him sacrificing himself.

Killing off Touka now would undermine all of Kaneki’s progression as a character, and would be being edgy at best and stupid at worst, from a narrative perspective.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Don't really follow the Manga but decided to pop into the chapter and really lol they spend the entire chapter on a erotica *** scene what's so deep about that. I hope not Touka :Sparks:

Narushima

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Don't really follow the Manga but decided to pop into the chapter and really lol they spend the entire chapter on a erotica *** scene what's so deep about that. I hope not Touka :Sparks:
You need to understand their relationship and its progression from the beginning to understand the significance of the chapter. Personally, I am a guy who is usually completely apathetic to pairings and romance in any form but I was deeply moved by this chapter, probably for the first time in my life over a pairing – such is the quality of this aspect of Ishida’s manga.

Kaneki and Touka’s relationship in the TG is one with a lot of symbolic, pictorial depiction – the type where what is left unsaid in their interactions has more meaning than what isn’t – that I myself did not notice on the first reading of TG.

As a single example consider the small detail of Kaneki crying in this chapter.

First, this is a reference to the first time Haise sees Touka at the beginning of :re where, despite a lack memories, his repressed feelings for Touka as Kaneki, who did not know she was alive, bubble over and he can't even understand why he starts crying. It is touching to see him react by crying upon finally learning that his feelings were mutual – in fact he seems to be in disbelief – again notice the small detail of Kaneki repeatedly questioning "is this real" in the chapter – which is typical of his character, this is a guy who thinks that only by suicidal sacrifice can he earn the affections of the people he loves.

Second, it is consistent with the fact that Touka is one of the handful of people in this manga who has brought him to tears – the last time was when she subtly told him that she did not want him to die just before his suicidal fight with Arima – and she is literally the only person to have done so multiple times now. Whether it is because she causes him pain, as when she tries to deny him his suicidal repose, or happiness, as she has now in making him feel loved in this manner for the first time in his life, Touka brings Kaneki to tears.

Now, I could write a long but mediocre essay (I’m not good at literary analysis of feelings and that type of stuff to be honest, my forte is philosophy) that does not come close to doing this chapter of the manga justice but I have final exams this coming week. If you want to learn more about the literary significance of this chapter I will make a very rare recommendation – go read analyses of it on tumblr, many of the folk there understand Touken better than I.

KcMSean

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thought the chapter was pretty damn good actually, considering it's just one long *** scene. Like others said, Ishida is a hell of a writer.
So i read it on ***********, not sure if thats where everyone else got it? But I'm used to seeing a small text preview of what to expect next chapter, but this week all we got was END. Surely this isnt the end right? Has anyone else read it on a different site?