1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Consider the following, regarding Shinobihood:
- a , as per Kakashi
- one who , as per Zabuza
- one who , as per Kakashi
- a tool who always considers the mission above their own self, as per Zabuza
- Various comments throughout the manga back up the above explanations, including the death of Jiraiya (mission first), the struggle of Itachi (silence) and the pain of Hiruzen (wishes)

All in all, the consistency of the explanations despite the fact that they come from multiple sources combines with the portrayal that most characters agree with the 'crazy' statements leads to the conclusion that this was the standard being applied. A standard which one can sum up as: do your job without exposing your employer.
Rank the various techniques we've seen in the story according to how well they assist in Shinobi missions, according to the above (or your own) explanation for what a shinobi should be.

Kakashi said that being a shinobi is about concealing your presence in order to complete your mission. He then went on to explain that the categories of shinobi arts are really just tools, a means to an end. From this we can derive that all those fancy jutsu with their AoE and all that are really only as valuable as they are useful. What really matters, the most direct route, is one's ability to conceal their presence. Jutsu which work directly towards this fall into a designation of SHINOBIHOOD techniques!

Rank the following in this regard (presence concealment):
- Nullman
- Paper Angel Mode
- Clone Feints (Kakaahi, Zabuza etc)
- Imperceptability Genjutsu (whatever you call the genjutsu Kurenai uses)
- Animal Rapport (Jugo)
- Eye of the Kagura (Karin)
- Byakugan (Neji)
- Flight (3rd Tsuchikage, Deidara, Konan etc)
- FTG (4th Hokage, 2nd HK)

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
- Nullman
- Paper Angel Mode
- Animal Rapport (Jugo)
- Byakugan (Neji)

1. Nullman (makes you invisible to the naked eye and sensory iirc). Short of so.ebody having a dojutsu they're not going to see you.
2. Byakugan since it allows to see all around including traps and weapons. One can easily avoid them.
3. Minds eye of the Kagura is like the Byakugan, except it won't let you see traps (since they don't emit chakra). I don't know of Karin's chakra concealment jutsu is a part of it, if it is then she has an edge which balances with the Byakugan's.
4. Clone feints, one isn't directly exposed to combat etc and can gather intel.
5. Paper mode, people may still suspect what paper is doing there.
6. The rest I'm not sure about, I don't thi k they really hide one's presence

Reactions: Infant

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
- Nullman
- Paper Angel Mode
- Animal Rapport (Jugo)
- Byakugan (Neji)

1. Nullman (makes you invisible to the naked eye and sensory iirc). Short of so.ebody having a dojutsu they're not going to see you.
2. Byakugan since it allows to see all around including traps and weapons. One can easily avoid them.
3. Minds eye of the Kagura is like the Byakugan, except it won't let you see traps (since they don't emit chakra). I don't know of Karin's chakra concealment jutsu is a part of it, if it is then she has an edge which balances with the Byakugan's.
4. Clone feints, one isn't directly exposed to combat etc and can gather intel.
5. Paper mode, people may still suspect what paper is doing there.
6. The rest I'm not sure about, I don't thi k they really hide one's presence
Jugo can talk to animals and have them carry out his bidding. Kurenai can use her genjutsu to render herself practically invisible/inaudible etc

Flight can at least help with escape if you're caught, as can FTG

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jugo can talk to animals and have them carry out his bidding. Kurenai can use her genjutsu to render herself practically invisible/inaudible etc

Flight can at least help with escape if you're caught, as can FTG
Animal talking is okay, but I think it's limited. How much intelligence do animals actually have. I would place that under the paper jutsu.

Kurenai's genjutsu only does that when it affects the opponents senses. She doesn't actually become invisible and neither does it say it affects multiple people.

Running away and presence concealment are separate things, imo.

Reactions: Infant

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Animal talking is okay, but I think it's limited. How much intelligence do animals actually have. I would place that under the paper jutsu.

Kurenai's genjutsu only does that when it affects the opponents senses. She doesn't actually become invisible and neither does it say it affects multiple people.

Running away and presence concealment are separate things, imo.
Well heard.

Shouldn't animals get the benefit of the doubt, considering what we've seen (summons)?

Didn't it affect both Itachi and Kisame on panel? I figure anyone near enough to spot her (on espionage missions) would also be within range of the technique. Although Byakugan and Sharingan would wreck her day.

Yeah. Do they not at least work to the same effect: getting the job done, protecting the user?

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well heard.

Shouldn't animals get the benefit of the doubt, considering what we've seen (summons)?

Didn't it affect both Itachi and Kisame on panel? I figure anyone near enough to spot her (on espionage missions) would also be within range of the technique. Although Byakugan and Sharingan would wreck her day.

Yeah. Do they not at least work to the same effect: getting the job done, protecting the user?
Normal animals aren't summon animals, so..

Not sure about Kurenai's genjutsu.

Well yeah, the jutsu will protect the user, but they're not useful for I tel gathering unless somebody decides to dump it.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Normal animals aren't summon animals, so..

Not sure about Kurenai's genjutsu.

Well yeah, the jutsu will protect the user, but they're not useful for I tel gathering unless somebody decides to dump it.
Were summons ever noted to be special?

Like, how humans are different from animals. Of course they have their crazy powers (some of them, at least), but I mean that in order to qualify as a summon in the first place, do they have to have some special spirit quality that is different from normal animals?

I think not, based on 1010

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Were summons ever noted to be special?

Like, how humans are different from animals. Of course they have their crazy powers (some of them, at least), but I mean that in order to qualify as a summon in the first place, do they have to have some special spirit quality that is different from normal animals?

I think not, based on 1010
Tenten isn't an authority.

Summons we've seen so far display super intelligence as well as ninjutsu ability and combat ability. There may be an exception here or there.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tenten isn't an authority.

Summons we've seen so far display super intelligence as well as ninjutsu ability and combat ability. There may be an exception here or there.
Haha

I meant her summoning tools and being called a summoned of tools.

Crows, Tapir, Mongoose, random snakes didnt display anything.
Post automatically merged:

Also, rules don't have exceptions.