Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Recently I have been having FPS Drops in all video games and It seems that I have gotten a little closer to solving the issue.

During my games, it runs normally for 3/4 minutes and then the temperature of my CPU spikes to over 200 degrees for a few seconds and then goes back to normal...I'm not joking. This causes my CPU performance to drop so the FPS suffers.

I ran anti Malware programs but nothing seems to be found. My CPU isn't overclocked so I don't know why It would be doing this. I have also looked at task manager processes and nothing special pops up to be taking the power.

An important thing to note is that: This is the exact same PC I was using 2 months ago when playing the Witcher 3 Blood and Wine DLC perfectly with no issues.Hardware wise I haven't changed anything and I don't think I've changed anything software wise. I have however downloaded a few "LEGAL" :)o) torrents. This problem has just randomly risen up the last 3/4 weeks and I don't understand why.

Darth AniCetuS

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Anything above 100 degrees should normally turn off your computer. Could be faulty sensors or a software error.

How are you reading the temps and which CPU do you have.

nk07ki30

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re-apply thermal paste on the CPU, or maybe be allot dust up in your case. So try to re-apply thermal paste on the CPU and make sure there isn't any dust, if any of those don't work then you may need to upgrade your CPU since you really didn't specify what type you got.

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anything above 100 degrees should normally turn off your computer. Could be faulty sensors or a software error.

How are you reading the temps and which CPU do you have.
Re-apply thermal paste on the CPU, or maybe be allot dust up in your case. So try to re-apply thermal paste on the CPU and make sure there isn't any dust, if any of those don't work then you may need to upgrade your CPU since you really didn't specify what type you got.
What CPU you got?
AMD FX-4170. I am reading the the temps via speedfan and CPU-Z program, they both say the same thing. The spikes also only occur when the temperatures rise so high (2/3 second bursts).

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Really do you think you will get this problem from Anime forum :/ .Ok looks like CPU problem checks the processor performance . Looks like voltage control issue to me like one of the member said buy a thermal paste if not possible take it your local it hardware to upgrade your cpu performance.

nk07ki30

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
AMD FX-4170. I am reading the the temps via speedfan and CPU-Z program, they both say the same thing. The spikes also only occur when the temperatures rise so high (2/3 second bursts).
That’s an old AMD processor lmao thing is, it’s normal for AMD processors to get hot anyways, in fact, I used it as a heater before. I upgraded and switched to Intel and Nvidia; anyways, try to do the things that I said above and if that don’t work upgrade your CPU or better yet, your MOBO if it’s as old as your CPU.

Looks like voltage control issue.
I don’t think he said that he overclocked rather he left it at stock, so he left the voltage automatically at stock because it would be smart not to touch the voltage of you don’t even know what you’re doing or might as well screw up his CPU lmao.

Last edited:

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That’s an old AMD processor lmao thing is, it’s normal for AMD processors to get hot anyways, in fact, I used it as a heater before. I upgraded and switched to Intel and Nvidia; anyways, try to do the things that I said above and if that don’t work upgrade your CPU or better yet, your MOBO if it’s as old as your CPU.

I don’t think he said that he overclocked rather he left it at stock, so he left the voltage automatically at stock because it would be smart not to touch the voltage of you don’t even know what you’re doing or might as well screw up his CPU lmao.
Okay so I finally fixed the impossible. Basically a similar thing happened to me a 3/4 months ago and it turned out to be Malware, so I thought It might be the problem again. While trying to fix it, I ran antivirus and Malware programs various times (different ones) trying to fix it, but they didn't find anything. So yesterday I came across a video about an EXTREME anti virus/malware program that should only be used by advanced users as it's so powerful it can mess up your computer. I thought I may as well give it a try, it's called "ComboFix". So after running it, it deleted some files here and there and now my games are running fine.

nk07ki30

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay so I finally fixed the impossible. Basically a similar thing happened to me a 3/4 months ago and it turned out to be Malware, so I thought It might be the problem again. While trying to fix it, I ran antivirus and Malware programs various times (different ones) trying to fix it, but they didn't find anything. So yesterday I came across a video about an EXTREME anti virus/malware program that should only be used by advanced users as it's so powerful it can mess up your computer. I thought I may as well give it a try, it's called "ComboFix". So after running it, it deleted some files here and there and now my games are running fine.
So a virus went ahead and screwed up your PC lmao ok congrats on the repairment.