Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Apologies for the wait. Just got home for the night. Anyways, lets begin. Since, as far as I know, this is your first training thread, I'll do this with roleplay and give you a proper training. When it comes to actual techniques and such I don't expect summaries and such. I'm going into this under the assumption that you can read fine. Of course, I do hope you ask questions whenever you may have them. Once we complete the B-Ranks we'll begin a short test where I'll go through and give you a small fight. Then we'll go onto A and S-Ranks. Once finished we'll have one final fight and if completed to my standards I'll grant you a completed training session - meaning you can use S-Ranks outside of the training grounds. And of course, if you have any questions regarding the RP system in general (beyond training...can literally be anything) don't hesitate to ask me through VMs or PMs. I'll be RP'ing this as Alexander Katsuryoku. He's in my signature if you want to view him.

Alexander arrives to his traditional training grounds. He approached Solider 76 from behind out of his field of view and with silence. He was not aiming to intentionally startle him, however. It was just as it was. When he finally reached his student he lightly tapped Soldier 76's left shoulder with his right hand. Without even waiting for a response he simply asked, "Are you ready to begin? I am Alexander Katsuryoku. Your mentor in the Lightning element - Raiton."

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Apologies for the wait. Just got home for the night. Anyways, lets begin. Since, as far as I know, this is your first training thread, I'll do this with roleplay and give you a proper training. When it comes to actual techniques and such I don't expect summaries and such. I'm going into this under the assumption that you can read fine. Of course, I do hope you ask questions whenever you may have them. Once we complete the B-Ranks we'll begin a short test where I'll go through and give you a small fight. Then we'll go onto A and S-Ranks. Once finished we'll have one final fight and if completed to my standards I'll grant you a completed training session - meaning you can use S-Ranks outside of the training grounds. And of course, if you have any questions regarding the RP system in general (beyond training...can literally be anything) don't hesitate to ask me through VMs or PMs. I'll be RP'ing this as Alexander Katsuryoku. He's in my signature if you want to view him.

Alexander arrives to his traditional training grounds. He approached Solider 76 from behind out of his field of view and with silence. He was not aiming to intentionally startle him, however. It was just as it was. When he finally reached his student he lightly tapped Soldier 76's left shoulder with his right hand. Without even waiting for a response he simply asked, "Are you ready to begin? I am Alexander Katsuryoku. Your mentor in the Lightning element - Raiton."
Solider: 76 turned around and looked at his master's eyes and gave a strong smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you" said Soldier: 76. "I am ready for my training in Raiton". Solider: 76 curiously asked Katsuryoku what raiton technique he will learn.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Solider: 76 turned around and looked at his master's eyes and gave a strong smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you" said Soldier: 76. "I am ready for my training in Raiton". Solider: 76 curiously asked Katsuryoku what raiton technique he will learn.
"Excellent." Alexander stated, void of emotion. He walked past Solider 76 and turned to face him. "We shall begin with a simple question. One that you will refer back to countless times. What is the nature of chakra?"

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Excellent." Alexander stated, void of emotion. He walked past Solider 76 and turned to face him. "We shall begin with a simple question. One that you will refer back to countless times. What is the nature of chakra?"
Solider: 76 pondered upon the question. His knowledge of chakra could only bring one answer. Solider: 76 stated that chakra's nature is its ability to be used in countless ways such as in the form of fire, water, wind, protection, teleportation etc.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Solider: 76 pondered upon the question. His knowledge of chakra could only bring one answer. Solider: 76 stated that chakra's nature is its ability to be used in countless ways such as in the form of fire, water, wind, protection, teleportation etc.
"You're right. It is the 'fuel' behind almost everything. Here's some added clarification and such that you'll be able to refer back to in the future."
Chakra is the energy that is formed through the passive combination of both the Physical and the Spiritual energies in a sentient being (every living being with a conscious mind has chakra). Physical energy corresponds to the vitality of the body and its own energy. Spiritual energy corresponds to the mind or spirit, and comes from the awareness and "soul" of each sentient being.

Some ninjas have high levels of chakra because they have great physical energy (like the Akimichi or even Tsunade) and others because of their spiritual energy (like the Uchiha and the Yamanaka). However, its much more difficult to increase the spiritual energy than the physical one, thus why all ninjas pass through intensive physical workout.

Yin and Yang are based on this same concept. Yin is the basis of the spirit while Yang the basis of the body. In this i won't go into more dept because there are 2 things to consider: Yin/Yang manipulation in our RP is different from the manga one and both are more or less inacessible.

Chakra flows in a circulatory system inside your body, in a way that much resembles the blood circulation. This circulatory system has 8 small reservoirs that act as both storage but also chakra regulation. These are the eight inner gates. Along your circulatory system, small "portals" exist that enable you to expell chakra from your body. These are called Tenketsu and there are 361 of them scattered allong the body. When a tenketsu opens, chakra poors out of it. Its by molding the chakra that comes out of the tenketsu that you produce ninjutsu and genjutsu.
He sighed and formed Chidori around his arm. The crackling lightning resonated through the immediate area with its signature chirping bird sound. "Lightning, like you said, is born from our chakra. We create it through molding physical and spiritual energy together - the Yin and Yang, if you will - and making our raw, untouched chakra. Which then we apply what is called 'nature manipulation'. With nature manipulation we give the raw chakra its element. In our case that is lightning. To do that one just uses their mind to imagine the element of lightning. It's raw power, its piercing qualities, etc. That is how we fuel lightning.

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"You're right. It is the 'fuel' behind almost everything. Here's some added clarification and such that you'll be able to refer back to in the future."
Chakra is the energy that is formed through the passive combination of both the Physical and the Spiritual energies in a sentient being (every living being with a conscious mind has chakra). Physical energy corresponds to the vitality of the body and its own energy. Spiritual energy corresponds to the mind or spirit, and comes from the awareness and "soul" of each sentient being.

Some ninjas have high levels of chakra because they have great physical energy (like the Akimichi or even Tsunade) and others because of their spiritual energy (like the Uchiha and the Yamanaka). However, its much more difficult to increase the spiritual energy than the physical one, thus why all ninjas pass through intensive physical workout.

Yin and Yang are based on this same concept. Yin is the basis of the spirit while Yang the basis of the body. In this i won't go into more dept because there are 2 things to consider: Yin/Yang manipulation in our RP is different from the manga one and both are more or less inacessible.

Chakra flows in a circulatory system inside your body, in a way that much resembles the blood circulation. This circulatory system has 8 small reservoirs that act as both storage but also chakra regulation. These are the eight inner gates. Along your circulatory system, small "portals" exist that enable you to expell chakra from your body. These are called Tenketsu and there are 361 of them scattered allong the body. When a tenketsu opens, chakra poors out of it. Its by molding the chakra that comes out of the tenketsu that you produce ninjutsu and genjutsu.
He sighed and formed Chidori around his arm. The crackling lightning resonated through the immediate area with its signature chirping bird sound. "Lightning, like you said, is born from our chakra. We create it through molding physical and spiritual energy together - the Yin and Yang, if you will - and making our raw, untouched chakra. Which then we apply what is called 'nature manipulation'. With nature manipulation we give the raw chakra its element. In our case that is lightning. To do that one just uses their mind to imagine the element of lightning. It's raw power, its piercing qualities, etc. That is how we fuel lightning.
Soldier: 76 comprehened his master's words. He sat down on the grass and clapped his hands together. He then proceeded to manipulate the chakra streaming through his body by concentrating it in his hand's tenketsu . Then Soldier: 76 imagined lightning, with all of it's quicky flashes, intense light and potent sound/power. Suddenly, blue sparks of lightning appeared around his hands. "Huh, in all the days I've been though, I've never done something quite like this" remarked Soldier: 76.
Quick question: was i suppose to do chidori?

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Soldier: 76 comprehened his master's words. He sat down on the grass and clapped his hands together. He then proceeded to manipulate the chakra streaming through his body by concentrating it in his hand's tenketsu . Then Soldier: 76 imagined lightning, with all of it's quicky flashes, intense light and potent sound/power. Suddenly, blue sparks of lightning appeared around his hands. "Huh, in all the days I've been though, I've never done something quite like this" remarked Soldier: 76.
Quick question: was i suppose to do chidori?
Nah no Chidori. We will do that once we get to the A-Ranks. I simply used it as an example.

"Good work." Alexander smiled as his student produced a small amount of crackling lightning from his arm. "We'll be moving onto learning specific lightning techniques now. Since this is your first training session I'd like you to give me just a short performance of the technique in addition to our discussion. Just to ensure what you're doing is correct. Let's begin. Our first technique is probably the most basic and essential lightning technique - quite literally called the Lightning Release Technique."
(Raiton no Jutsu) - Lightning Release Technique
Type: Offensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 20
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra to create small bolts of lightning to attack their target.

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah no Chidori. We will do that once we get to the A-Ranks. I simply used it as an example.

"Good work." Alexander smiled as his student produced a small amount of crackling lightning from his arm. "We'll be moving onto learning specific lightning techniques now. Since this is your first training session I'd like you to give me just a short performance of the technique in addition to our discussion. Just to ensure what you're doing is correct. Let's begin. Our first technique is probably the most basic and essential lightning technique - quite literally called the Lightning Release Technique."
(Raiton no Jutsu) - Lightning Release Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra to create small bolts of lightning to attack their target.
"Understood", said Soldier: 76. Soldier: 76 stood up and prepared himself to do the jutsu. The soldier conjured up his flowing chakra while remembering his master's previous instructions about creating raiton. He then stuck out his hand and utilized the required amount of chakra, quickly after a bolt of lightning spiked out of his hand and zapped the nearby air. Soldier: 76 spoke out "Raiton no Jutsu" while releasing the emitting lightning.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"Understood", said Soldier: 76. Soldier: 76 stood up and prepared himself to do the jutsu. The soldier conjured up his flowing chakra while remembering his master's previous instructions about creating raiton. He then stuck out his hand and utilized the required amount of chakra, quickly after a bolt of lightning spiked out of his hand and zapped the nearby air. Soldier: 76 spoke out "Raiton no Jutsu" while releasing the emitting lightning.
"Good work. You'll notice a lot of techniques in all elements like this one. Generic techniques that let you shape to your liking. This one pertains to lightning and lets you form small bolts. As long as you adhere to that and reason you can add a bit of creativity and flavor to it which can make the difference at times. Although, I admit this is my least favorite of those generic shaping techniques. Any questions on it?"

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Good work. You'll notice a lot of techniques in all elements like this one. Generic techniques that let you shape to your liking. This one pertains to lightning and lets you form small bolts. As long as you adhere to that and reason you can add a bit of creativity and flavor to it which can make the difference at times. Although, I admit this is my least favorite of those generic shaping techniques. Any questions on it?"
"I don't think I got any questions here", said Soldier: 76 while scratching his head. "But out of curiosity why is this your least favorite" Soldier: 76 asked.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"I don't think I got any questions here", said Soldier: 76 while scratching his head. "But out of curiosity why is this your least favorite" Soldier: 76 asked.
"Well...lightning is my least favorite of the five basic elements. That coupled with these two..." Alexander trailed off as he pointed to a piece of parchment revealing two techniques. "These two can do far more than the basic lightning technique. Now, let's move on. Take a look at these two. Both of these use a similar source for the lightning - your palm. Tell me about them and then let's discuss them together."

Just a note. I've listed Earth Release Technique and Water Technique to answer your question. Not to learn. Those you will learn in your Earth and Water training respectively.
(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Damage Points: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

(Suiton No Jutsu) - Water technique
Type: Supplementary/Attack/Defence
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points:20
Description: Creates small waves of water,small blasts, and small shields of water.
Note: Doesn't require a water source but can be used to manipulate existing water.

(Raiton: Raikou Oonami) - Lightning Release: Lightning Surge
Range: Short
Description: The user will concentrate their chakra and slam their hand on the ground to release a surge of lightning across the ground to the opponents feet to shock them.

(Ration: Ikazuchi Kashou) - Lightning Release: Thunder Burn
Description: The user moves his palm unleashing a wave of lightning bolts at the opponent.

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Well...lightning is my least favorite of the five basic elements. That coupled with these two..." Alexander trailed off as he pointed to a piece of parchment revealing two techniques. "These two can do far more than the basic lightning technique. Now, let's move on. Take a look at these two. Both of these use a similar source for the lightning - your palm. Tell me about them and then let's discuss them together."

Just a note. I've listed Earth Release Technique and Water Technique to answer your question. Not to learn. Those you will learn in your Earth and Water training respectively.
(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence
Damage Points: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

(Suiton No Jutsu) - Water technique
Type: Supplementary/Attack/Defence
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points:20
Description: Creates small waves of water,small blasts, and small shields of water.
Note: Doesn't require a water source but can be used to manipulate existing water.

(Raiton: Raikou Oonami) - Lightning Release: Lightning Surge
Description: The user will concentrate their chakra and slam their hand on the ground to release a surge of lightning across the ground to the opponents feet to shock them.

(Ration: Ikazuchi Kashou) - Lightning Release: Thunder Burn
Description: The user moves his palm unleashing a wave of lightning bolts at the opponent.
"got it", said Soldier: 76. "Both these lightning techniques aren't long range but are most effective in short to mid range. I should keep that in mind during a fight. They are also offesnive techniques, so I should use them to create an opening or take down the enemy. They have the same rank as Raiton no Jutsu so the jutsus aren't meant to be super powerful" Soldier: 76 said while scratching his chin.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"got it", said Soldier: 76. "Both these lightning techniques aren't long range but are most effective in short to mid range. I should keep that in mind during a fight. They are also offesnive techniques, so I should use them to create an opening or take down the enemy. They have the same rank as Raiton no Jutsu so the jutsus aren't meant to be super powerful" Soldier: 76 said while scratching his chin.
"Just because these are D-Rank techniques does not mean you should underestimate their potential. A bolt of lightning or a ball of fire can still electrocute or burn just like any of their sibling techniques at higher ranks. Try to expand on your responses a little. Instead of simply saying 'create an opening' or 'take down the enemy' give how you would do it. Lightning Surge is certainly applicable to this idea of creating an opening. As they are within the vicinity of you using Lightning Surge actually will shock them and momentarily give you an edge to turn a fight in your favor or just outright kill them the moment after they are shocked and recovering. Do you have any questions on any of these techniques before we move onto the C-Ranks?"

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Just because these are D-Rank techniques does not mean you should underestimate their potential. A bolt of lightning or a ball of fire can still electrocute or burn just like any of their sibling techniques at higher ranks. Try to expand on your responses a little. Instead of simply saying 'create an opening' or 'take down the enemy' give how you would do it. Lightning Surge is certainly applicable to this idea of creating an opening. As they are within the vicinity of you using Lightning Surge actually will shock them and momentarily give you an edge to turn a fight in your favor or just outright kill them the moment after they are shocked and recovering. Do you have any questions on any of these techniques before we move onto the C-Ranks?"
"I can't really think of any questions right now. Let's move on to the next step".

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"I can't really think of any questions right now. Let's move on to the next step".
"Alright. Let's see what you can do completely on your own. Talk to me about this one." He says handing Soldier 76 a scroll containing the details of Electric Attack on it.

( Raiton: Raigeki) - Lightning Release: Electric Attack
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: After performing the required hand seals Tiger → Snake → Dog the user creates an electric current from their hand that can hit multiple individuals at the same time. Furthermore, it extends into incredible distances and can avoid obstacles.

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Alright. Let's see what you can do completely on your own. Talk to me about this one." He says handing Soldier 76 a scroll containing the details of Electric Attack on it.

( Raiton: Raigeki) - Lightning Release: Electric Attack
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: After performing the required hand seals Tiger → Snake → Dog the user creates an electric current from their hand that can hit multiple individuals at the same time. Furthermore, it extends into incredible distances and can avoid obstacles.
"Hmm' Soldier: 76 opened up the scroll and observed the contents.
"-I notice that this jutsu requires hand seals. So in a battle I must remember them and seize a chance to perform them. Perhaps I should do actions like a distraction using smoke bombs or quickly put distance so I have the chance to pull off hand seals.

-Since it is a higher rank jutsu, it is obviously more potent than the other raiton jutsus you have presented to me, but I shouldn't discount lower ranked jutsus in my arsenal.

-Like the description says it can be used against multiple opponents. So if I get myself in a tough spot this jutsu can be useful. I can quickly buy time from my teammate's assistance or possibly a clone jutsu or smoke bomb then I take out the enemy.

-It can also be used the other way. If I use it correctly with enough time for hand seals I can distract multiple enemies for my teammate to pull off a counter attack or I can use it as an opening for another of my jutsus. Perhaps one that doesn't require hand seals.

-Since it can avoid obstacles. I can suprise opponents like controlling the lightning around a wall or through a hole.

That's all I have to say. This jutsu looks like it can quite handy".
-

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"Hmm' Soldier: 76 opened up the scroll and observed the contents.
"-I notice that this jutsu requires hand seals. So in a battle I must remember them and seize a chance to perform them. Perhaps I should do actions like a distraction using smoke bombs or quickly put distance so I have the chance to pull off hand seals.

-Since it is a higher rank jutsu, it is obviously more potent than the other raiton jutsus you have presented to me, but I shouldn't discount lower ranked jutsus in my arsenal.

-Like the description says it can be used against multiple opponents. So if I get myself in a tough spot this jutsu can be useful. I can quickly buy time from my teammate's assistance or possibly a clone jutsu or smoke bomb then I take out the enemy.

-It can also be used the other way. If I use it correctly with enough time for hand seals I can distract multiple enemies for my teammate to pull off a counter attack or I can use it as an opening for another of my jutsus. Perhaps one that doesn't require hand seals.

-Since it can avoid obstacles. I can suprise opponents like controlling the lightning around a wall or through a hole.

That's all I have to say. This jutsu looks like it can quite handy".
-
I'm gonna stop RP'ing here for a second to talk about things in a more direct manner. Hand seals aren't going to be a huge issue for you to perform. Hand seal speed becomes an issue when you're talking about how fast people move or how close they are to you. Generally when you're in short range things become more based on instinct and fast reactions so you have to use fewer, typically no, hand seals. While ranges longer than that are okay. Now, this changes with speed. The faster your opponent the fewer hand seals you can use. So it depends a lot. But when you're starting out this won't be an issue for you.

You're right about getting it around walls and other obstacles. You can't block this technique with something like a wall because you can simply redirect it.

Let's move on :).

(Raiton: Jibashi) - Lightning Release: Electromagnetic Murder
Type: Offense
Range: Short (Short-Long depending on the water technique)
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30 (+10 to a water technique when used in conjunction)
Description: This jutsu allows the user to create a wave of electricity from the user's hands. This jutsu can vary in power from a small surge to shock an opponent to a powerful stream of lightning capable of ripping through solid rock. It is ideal to use in conjunction with a water jutsu.

(Raiton: Raigeki no Yoroi) - Lightning Release: Lightning Strike Armour
Type: Offense/Defence
Damage Points: 30
Description: The user surrounds themselves with electricity. The intense electric field protects them by electrocuting anyone who comes into contact with it, but only works for one attack.

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm gonna stop RP'ing here for a second to talk about things in a more direct manner. Hand seals aren't going to be a huge issue for you to perform. Hand seal speed becomes an issue when you're talking about how fast people move or how close they are to you. Generally when you're in short range things become more based on instinct and fast reactions so you have to use fewer, typically no, hand seals. While ranges longer than that are okay. Now, this changes with speed. The faster your opponent the fewer hand seals you can use. So it depends a lot. But when you're starting out this won't be an issue for you.

You're right about getting it around walls and other obstacles. You can't block this technique with something like a wall because you can simply redirect it.

Let's move on :).

Type: Offense
Range: Short (Short-Long depending on the water technique)
Damage Points: 30 (+10 to a water technique when used in conjunction)
Description: This jutsu allows the user to create a wave of electricity from the user's hands. This jutsu can vary in power from a small surge to shock an opponent to a powerful stream of lightning capable of ripping through solid rock. It is ideal to use in conjunction with a water jutsu.

Type: Offense/Defence
Damage Points: 30
Description: The user surrounds themselves with electricity. The intense electric field protects them by electrocuting anyone who comes into contact with it, but only works for one attack.
"The jutsu has a C rank again so it has the potential to be a good tool in battle.
-The range is short but that can easily change based on the water jutsu I possess. So the more versatile my suiton is, the more versatile this justsu is. That seems very important.

-The description makes it look like this jutsu is quite powerful even without water helping it. So it'll be useful either way. If my opponent has a doton defense I can break through it using this jutsu's power or a quick distraction for an opening if I can't put enough power into it.

-no hand seals mean it's possible that I can this jutsu faster.

-does this jutsu work best on one opponent?"

"This reminds me of the armor the 3rd and 4th raikage had but this jutsu doesn't increase my speed.

This jutsu is defensive which is unlike the other raiton jutsus yet it is also offensive. So it has two possible usages in battle which is very important.

The jutsu only works for one attack, so the armor isn't going to last very long so I should use it carefully and wisely. For example, I should it use to push off a close opponent and then cast another raiton jutsu (like electrical attack) or defend against other jutsu from the opponent."

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"The jutsu has a C rank again so it has the potential to be a good tool in battle.
-The range is short but that can easily change based on the water jutsu I possess. So the more versatile my suiton is, the more versatile this justsu is. That seems very important.

-The description makes it look like this jutsu is quite powerful even without water helping it. So it'll be useful either way. If my opponent has a doton defense I can break through it using this jutsu's power or a quick distraction for an opening if I can't put enough power into it.

-no hand seals mean it's possible that I can this jutsu faster.

-does this jutsu work best on one opponent?"

"This reminds me of the armor the 3rd and 4th raikage had but this jutsu doesn't increase my speed.

This jutsu is defensive which is unlike the other raiton jutsus yet it is also offensive. So it has two possible usages in battle which is very important.

The jutsu only works for one attack, so the armor isn't going to last very long so I should use it carefully and wisely. For example, I should it use to push off a close opponent and then cast another raiton jutsu (like electrical attack) or defend against other jutsu from the opponent."
Wow. Sorry for my tardiness! Lots has happened over the past week. Sincerest apologies.

Very good at noticing the interaction with Water techniques. Essentially water acts as a medium for the lightning. So if you use a water technique which can extend to long range and it is infused with this technique then this technique will reach that range while infusing the water with lightning creating a water/lightning combination with an increased 10 damage.

And yes. This jutsu requires no hand seals. Always a neat little characteristic. Techniques that require no hand seals are fantastic.

Depends on how you use it. Large scale water techniques can easily strike multiple opponents and thus the damage would be spread between the two. Just depends purely on how you use it.