Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Spoilers up ahaid; for those of you who haven't watched the latest episodes, stop here

So I was thinking, is rage a good or a bad factor in battle. Does it change from character to character all it is the same for all ?
We have seen Whitebeard's rage, it turned him into a beast, and took many men to stop him.
But think Luffy getting mad over something/someone. Will he be able to think clearly, or will he die the first minute he fights someone strong, while being enraged? IMO he would get killed, because he wouldn't be able to think clearly
I want your opinion over this.
Discuss.

Erzo

Legendary
Kin
551💸
Kumi
1,094💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It can be good at time because it gives you strength that you didn't think you had, like when luffy fights someone who hurts his friend he goes all out and destroys them.

It can be bad aswell though because you dont think clearly and could fall into the enemies trap easily!

Bonkers

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
depends on the situation... most of the times rage can turn the battlefield around... going berserk is another thing - you can't think clearly, everyone around you is the enemy.

Talk No Jutsu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It can be good at time because it gives you strength that you didn't think you had, like when luffy fights someone who hurts his friend he goes all out and destroys them.
Rage doesn't give you strength, it just unleashes your power at once, such as Luffy using Haki when fighting Sandoria and Marigold, Luffy had that haki and power but it was dorment, and Rage and the feelings to protect his friends awakened it.

~Yubel~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I have always thought of this, luffy has always been in rage when fighting opponents and it helped him win his battles so far but i think it´s only gonna hold him back from now on as he fight stronger opponents, he really need to get his head in the game and think clearly as they´ll be people who will take advantage of his rage and use it against him.

Dracule

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have always thought of this, luffy has always been in rage when fighting opponents and it helped him win his battles so far but i think it´s only gonna hold him back from now on as he fight stronger opponents, he really need to get his head in the game and think clearly as they´ll be people who will take advantage of his rage and use it against him.
Since when has Luffy been fighting out of rage? Besides his fights against Lucci and Magellan, he hasn't been raging ever....

~Yubel~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Since when has Luffy been fighting out of rage? Besides his fights against Lucci and Magellan, he hasn't been raging ever....
Kuro, Don Kreig, crocodile and Enel, he gets in rage after them having done something or messes with a friend or his friends, he goes in there head-on, fights and win, in some cases he finds out there weakness or in enel´s case, he was lucky being a rubberman.

He tries hard and that is good and rage can be good in battle as it pushes you and gives you strength you didn´t know you had but i´m just saying that he´ll need to use his head more in the future if he want to survive against opponents of the new world.

He was perfect against Hody, he wasn´t raging much although Hody was a weak opponent and haven´t done anything to his crew personally.

Nikos150

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kuro, Don Kreig, crocodile and Enel, he gets in rage after them having done something or messes with a friend or his friends, he goes in there head-on, fights and win, in some cases he finds out there weakness or in enel´s case, he was lucky being a rubberman
you are wrong, luffy was very calm in his fights with kuro and don krieg,and he was more aggresive in his fights with enel and crocodile but it's a fight, it's obvious you won't be calm

Dracule

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kuro, Don Kreig, crocodile and Enel, he gets in rage after them having done something or messes with a friend or his friends, he goes in there head-on, fights and win, in some cases he finds out there weakness or in enel´s case, he was lucky being a rubberman.

He tries hard and that is good and rage can be good in battle as it pushes you and gives you strength you didn´t know you had but i´m just saying that he´ll need to use his head more in the future if he want to survive against opponents of the new world.

He was perfect against Hody, he wasn´t raging much although Hody was a weak opponent and haven´t done anything to his crew personally.
He was angry, not enraged. There is a big difference. He used strategy in his fights against Crocodile and Enel. Theres no such thing as being enraged and strategic at the same time. It doesn't make sense. If your enraged, your not thinking clearly. Your just attacking without thinking about your opponent's strengths and weaknesses. So in none of those fights was he fighting out of rage. The only SH member that fought out of rage without thinking clearly is Chopper when he used Monster point.

Roy

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Rage is never good, Luffy usually is just angry.. just look at when Whitebeard raged against Akainu, he took several lava fists and even got another hole in his body ~_~

-Shanks-

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I was clearly talking about being enraged. A situation like when WB realized Ace was dead. Being extremely strong as WB would be a good factor in battle IMO, but anyone else being enraged into battle would end up dead. Or that is what I am thinking about it

Roy

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I was clearly talking about being enraged. A situation like when WB realized Ace was dead. Being extremely strong as WB would be a good factor in battle IMO, but anyone else being enraged into battle would end up dead. Or that is what I am thinking about it
He took some severe damage because he was enraged, I'm sure he could have done the same or even more without hurting himself that much if he was calm.

~Yubel~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He was angry, not enraged. There is a big difference. He used strategy in his fights against Crocodile and Enel. Theres no such thing as being enraged and strategic at the same time. It doesn't make sense. If your enraged, your not thinking clearly. Your just attacking without thinking about your opponent's strengths and weaknesses. So in none of those fights was he fighting out of rage. The only SH member that fought out of rage without thinking clearly is Chopper when he used Monster point.
Ok, if that´s how you see it, Chopper wasn´t enraged, he was simply out of his mind, he went insane, not enraged, there is a difference.

Mugiwara

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We've seen it again and again through the series.
Luffy making his opponents mad by acting like an idiot.
At first it looks like rage makes you stronger, but as the battle goes on, you come out of the losing end when you're raging.

When Luffy fought Lucci, Luffy wasn't really raging. He was emotional, but not really straight up raging.

And as for Whitebeard, yes he was raging, but he still had control of what he was doing.

-Shanks-

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We've seen it again and again through the series.
Luffy making his opponents mad by acting like an idiot.
At first it looks like rage makes you stronger, but as the battle goes on, you come out of the losing end when you're raging.

When Luffy fought Lucci, Luffy wasn't really raging. He was emotional, but not really straight up raging.

And as for Whitebeard, yes he was raging, but he still had control of what he was doing.
So is it just Whitebeard that can have control of what he is doing ?
I am thinking that Zoro, Sanji, Mihawk could still think clearly being enraged in battle (If someone can actually enrage Mihawk, that is), and maybe more than these characters