ReeseKage

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just had a few questions about the abilities of the rinnegan. First, can it cast genjutsu? 2nd, do you think that we've seen the full extent of its abilities? Your thoughts NB.
(P.S I did not see this in the searched threads so if you feel that this has been mad already, keep it to yourself thnx.)

Edo Odin

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1) Possibly, since it's an evolved form of a Sharingan, but I can't say I'm sure. I'm pretty sure Madara switched back to his EMS to Genjutsu the Raikage, but I might be mistaken. All in all, I don't really think we should assume too much, as we can barely do anything but speculate about it.

2) Meh, I think we might get to see 1 or 2 more techniques, but I'd say that we've probably seen most of the things it can do by now.

Sai Bomb

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would imagine that casting genjutsu is still an ability as we know that it's an evolved sharingan, as for having a new genjutsu just for the rinnegan? I doubt it but anythings possible... As for the extent with the full power, I'm pretty sure madara has just about demonstrated its true potential

I'm sure there may still be another trump card madaras holding since he seizes to surprise us

Jetapo

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Question 1 Probably can, it does control all elements, even yin and yang. I don't recall seeing any type of genjutsu used, but i'm sure it is capable.
Question 2 Hell no. If a man was called God had it, there's always a hidden trump.

MrJon

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1) Possibly, since it's an evolved form of a Sharingan, but I can't say I'm sure. I'm pretty sure Madara switched back to his EMS to Genjutsu the Raikage, but I might be mistaken. All in all, I don't really think we should assume too much, as we can barely do anything but speculate about it.

2) Meh, I think we might get to see 1 or 2 more techniques, but I'd say that we've probably seen most of the things it can do by now.
This. I don't think a transplanted Rinnegan (Nagato) can do genjutsu.

As for the second question, we have seen anybody do all chakra natures yet.

LordKrizon

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
From my understanding it can't cast genjutsu. The only people we've actually seen use the Rinnegan is Pein and Madara. Madara appears to be more skilled with the eyes, since he was the original owner, and was able to pull giant meteors from space. Not saying Nagato couldn't do the same feet but still. Nagato, having the eyes and being an Uzumaki makes him a perfect user for the Rinnegan, since Madara gave them to him, because of his potential. We've seen the Rinnegan have the ability to absorb chakara, repel and attract objects, summon crazy highly destructive animals that have crazy abilities, read minds and rip souls out, bring back the dead, and turns ones body into a mechanoid like being that is really strong and durable. Plus the vision link and others make it the most powerful Dōjutsu in the anime so far. Of course that is just my opinion, but only the sage of six paths probably can use the eyes to their full extent. But of course that's just my opinion... But the rinnegan from our knowledge can't use genjutsu, however, i think it grants the user limited protection against visual genjutsu.. But of course::: THIS IS MY OPINION..

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just had a few questions about the abilities of the rinnegan. First, can it cast genjutsu? 2nd, do you think that we've seen the full extent of its abilities? Your thoughts NB.
(P.S I did not see this in the searched threads so if you feel that this has been mad already, keep it to yourself thnx.)
1.That is unconfirmed , we have not seen it do so.... however since it is an evolved EMS it could be capable of doing so in the hands of an uchiha
2.we have not seen the sage of 6 paths , therefore we have not seen its full potential

Henchman24

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well it has never been said in the manga that the abilities of the Rinnegan are finite. We only know what we've read and seen. Kishimoto could still do more with it if he wants to.

ReeseKage

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thank you all for your input. I do believe that it should be able to cast genjutsu of some sort. That would be awesome. I think Kishi is holding out on its full powers. Maybe Madara will show us or maybe hashi will tell what he knows of the SO6P