Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Akastuki all have their home-village's forehead protectore with a scratch on it

First, I thought it represents the betrayal on their villages but then I thought about Pein
He is the head of his village, love his village and fights for it, yet his forehead protectors are scratch.

So what do you think the scratch represents?
I know Kishi love symbolism and I don't like it is wasted here.

chancek7

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would say it means that they are no longer apart of their village. Just like when Sasuke left and Naruto scratched his in the valley. I don't think that was by chance that Kishi made that happen.

Deadai

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think its a symbol or no longer being apart of Hanzo's Rain Village but instead overthrowing him to re-create the Village with a hole new image.

JUICEMON GENESIS

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He did it as a testiment of his revolt against Hanzo of the Salamander. When Yahiko formed the Original Akatsuki, They scarred their forehead protectors in order to symbolize that they were still part of the villiage, but also opposing the main authority figure of the villiage, which was Hanzo of the Salamander.

Shichi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pein scratched his out when he held a rebellion against Hanzou that was the symbol of the rebellion all the rebels scratched out their forehead protecters. according to Naruto wiki anyway. i guess this just stuck and the rest of the Akatsuki started doing it

GwemBaba

<div class="bbWrapper"><blockquote class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-title"> <a href="/goto/post?id=11230831" class="bbCodeBlock-sourceJump" data-xf-click="attribution" data-content-selector="#post-11230831">Evil Boy Genius said:</a> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent"> Maybe it represents him scratching out what it used to be. </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink"><a>Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote>Nice one Spicer.</div>

Edo Odin

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think its a symbol or no longer being apart of Hanzo's Rain Village but instead overthrowing him to re-create the Village with a hole new image.
This. Pein scratched his forehead protector as a sign of him refusing to accept Hanzo's leadership. The scratched forehead protector was a sign of a new Amegakure.

Nous

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is to show defiance. The Akatsuki was made in Amekgakure as a resistance group to the leader of the village at the time, Hanzo. They put a scratch in it once the Amekgakure Civil War began so that they can symbolize their group and show they're rebelling against the government. The members do it to show they've lost their loyalty to their home village however Itachi did it but was still loyal to Konoha. Anyways, defiance and lost and new loyalty is the reason for it.

VongolaX

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pein scratched it meaning a new revolution fro the village, while other members mean they defected from the village.
The higher members don't wear headbands

Tobi (later revealed)

Nagato
Konan
Zetsu

Status
Not open for further replies.