Excision

Elite
Kin
714💸
Kumi
6,473💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hi, so i thought id try ask here as i couldnt seem to figure it out myself.

I have a Ps4 hooked up to a benq gaming monitor. Currently, the sound from the ps4 is playing through the interal speakers of the monitor. I have a small logitec speaker set, which just has an AUX cord plug in. Can someone help me or instruct me(if possible) how to rig it up so the sound comes through my speakers and not the monitor? I tried to adjust the sound settings on the monitor and the ps4, and also tried the two AUX plugs in the back of the monitor, but had no luck as it still plays through HDMI

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Another option would be that(since the ps4 has two ways to send its sound information, which is optical and hdmi) of the use of an optical cable between the ps4 and your sound system.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
how do i get to that option, i cant find anything like that in sound settings

Its not hard at all!

However. I'd recommend you to check your sound system to see if it has an optical in slot on the back cause let's face it, if you're going to run your sound through a cable of your controller it's going to get kinda awkward. Plus you won't even be able to use a microphone at all. If you can, get an optical sound cable if your sound system has that input. That's what i'd do. Also ofc, you can use USB as well. When i play on my ps4 i plug it into my Benq monitor through hdmi and use my Razer kraken headset via USB on the ps4 output. Sure if your soundsystem has an USB output use male-male usb cable between the systems.

Last edited:

Excision

Elite
Kin
714💸
Kumi
6,473💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Its not hard at all!

However. I'd recommend you to check your sound system to see if it has an optical in slot on the back cause let's face it, if you're going to run your sound through a cable of your controller it's going to get kinda awkward. Plus you won't even be able to use a microphone at all. If you can, get an optical sound cable if your sound system has that input. That's what i'd do. Also ofc, you can use USB as well. When i play on my ps4 i plug it into my Benq monitor through hdmi and use my Razer kraken headset via USB on the ps4 output. Sure if your soundsystem has an USB output use male-male usb cable between the systems.
Nah my sound system only have an AUX, so im pretty shtty that the guy told me it'd work with PS4, guess ill have to go shopping lol