NaNaNaaaaa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im running the latest PSCX2 but no matter what settings I use the frame rate drops below playing ability. I don't expect it to work perfectly obviously but I want to play my PS2 games.

I am trying to run
Dragon Quest 8
Drakan
FF12
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Sukiden V
and Shadow Hearts 1 and 2

I have a
6 core processor
4GB Nvidia 560 with up to date drivers
and 16Gb of DD3 Ram

Someone please help!

LuckyMan

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your potato isn't strong enough or there's a problem with emulator. It can also be a heating problem. If your PC overheats frame rates will drop dramatically, throttling the CPU and GPU.

NaNaNaaaaa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your potato isn't strong enough or there's a problem with emulator. It can also be a heating problem. If your PC overheats frame rates will drop dramatically, throttling the CPU and GPU.
My computer is no potato >.< it can run Inquisition on full why can't it play a sodding PS2 game? It's not overheating. I had that issue a while back but got it sorted out. I think its the settings, just need to get them right.

Zombie

Veteran
Kin
241💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ensure you have all the proper libraries and patches. I can run almost any PS2 game in Debian with OpenGL and the proper libs.

And, also check your audio settings, audio can and will make a program/game stutter/drop in frames. This was a game breaking issue with Fallout 3.