Veteran
Kin
145💸
Kumi
412💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

I honestly do not know if this will go anywhere, but I thought to give it a try nevertheless on this platform.

Recently, I got back into watching pro-wrestling again on a casual basis, especially recent content from both New Japan Pro-Wrestling (a wrestling promotion over in Japan that is quite famous in that country) and the recently established All Elite Wrestling (American promotion that signed a weekly television deal on TNT).

I wanted to see if anyone else had the same interest in this forum when it comes to this sort of stuff, of wanting to casually discuss about the state or development of professional wrestling, some upcoming events that are happening (such as the G1 Special), or perhaps some opinions about what they like or dislike about WWE, NJPW, AEW, or any other promotion that may be out there.
Post automatically merged:

I guess it would be fair to start first.

For me personally, I always been a bit of an on and off wrestling fan at best, sometimes watching random shows throughout the years and really sticking to them when there's a story that gets my personal interest. The past 2 years it has been specifically Kenny Omega during his time in New Japan Pro-Wrestling (and following what he is doing now in All Elite Wrestling), alongside Kazuchika Okada since I always viewed him as THE champion of New Japan Pro-Wrestling, as truly the face of the company for how long he managed to hold on to the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.

Another thing I love about the promotion is how much effort they put into their story-lines, and the dedication in making every single one of their championships feel like a legitimate goal (whereas in, for example WWE, they would be seen more as props).

It's especially evident with the IWGP Heavyweight Championship where it rarely switches from one holder to the other, making the moment of winning it feel even more special and credible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uverdore9