-S-

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Some will find this suggestion useless, but others who know where I'm coming from will find some use in this.

The problem most members face is when members, who have restricted their profile to only their friends, send a request or question via VM. Which of course, you are unable to reply to since that you are not on that person's friend list and therefore you cannot view or send VMs on their profile.

This can become very frustrating; therefore I was wondering if a message could be displayed to the person who is sending a VM with a restricted profile. I do not know if this is possible on vBulletin 4, but I was wondering if a message such as this could be displayed to someone who has a restricted profile when sending a message to a member who is not on their friend's list:

Warning: You have your profile set to 'members of your friends list only'; the member who you are sending the Visitor Message to is not on your friends list; you may not receive a reply from this member.
Most members will probably reply to this thread saying ''just send them a friend invite then''. Truth is, most members do not want to be sending out friend requests to everyone whom they want to reply to with restricted profiles; some members such as senseis and staff members are also very busy and do not have time to send out friend requests to be able to reply. A message such as this would avoid the problem in advance.

UchihaBrat

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There's sound reasoning behind this, I used to have a restricted profile myself, noticing I didn't get replies because of it:ghehe:
So now I have opened VMs for all, it's better for me, but there's always a risk in doing it my way.
Conclusively, I agree with this being a good way to solve it.

Gary777

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes naruto bases messages and privacy settings suk ...
They need to work on it specially gals r having lots of issues wid it

Gary777

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes naruto bases messages and privacy settings suk ...
They need to work on it specially gals r having lots of issues wid it

ziggyZ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Some will find this suggestion useless, but others who know where I'm coming from will find some use in this.

The problem most members face is when members, who have restricted their profile to only their friends, send a request or question via VM. Which of course, you are unable to reply to since that you are not on that person's friend list and therefore you cannot view or send VMs on their profile.

This can become very frustrating; therefore I was wondering if a message could be displayed to the person who is sending a VM with a restricted profile. I do not know if this is possible on vBulletin 4, but I was wondering if a message such as this could be displayed to someone who has a restricted profile when sending a message to a member who is not on their friend's list:

Most members will probably reply to this thread saying ''just send them a friend invite then''. Truth is, most members do not want to be sending out friend requests to everyone whom they want to reply to with restricted profiles; some members such as senseis and staff members are also very busy and do not have time to send out friend requests to be able to reply. A message such as this would avoid the problem in advance.
Do you know how to merge a gif and a picture?

-S-

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What about a pm though?
I like the idea though.
Thanks ^^

There is a limited amount of space for your PM storage, so having a 'conversation' via PM does consume a lot of space. Even when you tell the person 'let's talk via VM' they still insist of replying via PM.

PMs also tend to be for more special occasions or to send a private message to a member of staff or regular member if needed. They also take long to reply to, whereas VMs are easier and quicker to view and reply to.

Last edited:

UchihaBrat

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Can't you still send them a private message .-. ? , other than that it's not a bad idea o-o , if it's easily implemented then why not.
I would say out of convenience, that it is better to do this with the VMs. The PM inbox has a limit even. I bet some find it more comfortable to hold a conversation with VMs rather than PMs, more fluent somehow. Edit: let -S-'s explanation^ be one for my thinking it is more fluent.

edit: Just noticed my own fallacy, no need to remind me~

Last edited:

Vasto Lordé

Elite
Kin
260💸
Kumi
33💴
Trait Points
30⚔️
Thanks ^^

There is a limited amount of space for your PM storage, so having a 'conversation' via PM does consume a lot of space. Even when you tell the person 'let's talk via VM' they still insist of replying via PM.

PMs also tend to be for more special occasions or to send a private message to a member of staff or regular member is needed. They also take long to reply to, whereas VMs are easier and quicker to view and reply to.
I would say out of convenience, that it is better to do this with the VMs.
The PM inbox has a limit even.
I bet some find it more comfortable to hold a conversation with VMs rather than PMs, more fluent somehow.

Edit: let -S-'s explanation^ be one for my thinking it is more fluent.
Yup, got your points. oh well then, let a G-Mod see this ._.

Hipster Madara

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree. Or they can at least make it so you can see only your conversation with a person so you don't have to necessarily friend them just to reply to something like "Check this out" or "Thanks for the rep".

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Can't you still send them a private message .-. ? , other than that it's not a bad idea o-o , if it's easily implemented then why not.
That doesn't solve the issue. The suggestion, at least how it appears to me, isn't to solve the issue that we can't communicate with people who have their pro on private, but to make the person aware he is sending a VM to someone who can't reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.