0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

Prison Break will be back in 2016!

After months of speculation and rumors, Fox has officially announced that it’s moving forward with a revival of its former hit drama, “Prison Break.” However, with the show’s main cast returning after all these years, many are wondering how their characters have weathered the absence from TV.

Speaking at the Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour, the network’s CEO and Chairman Gary Newman was joined by Co-Chairman Dana Walden to announce that it will revive Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller) and Lincoln Burrows (Dominic Purcell) for a 10-episode event series run premiering in 2016. According to TV Line, which originally reported the news of a potential “Prison Break” revival in June, Walden described the new series as a direct follow-up to the original.

“I would describe it as a bit of a sequel. It picks up the characters several years after we left them in the last season of the show. The brothers will be back. Some of the iconic characters from that show will be back,” Walden said. “I don’t think [executive producer] Paul [Scheuring] knows exactly where he’s going over the 10-episode arc, but it definitely will address some questions that were set up at the end of the series for a new audience.”

The upcoming sequel will have at least 10 episodes and is going to retcon most of the events from the 4th season finale. Also, a lot of beloved actors of the old cast have been confirmed to return!

Confirmed returns are:

- Wentworth Miller as "Michael Scofield"

- Dominic Purcell as "Lincoln Burrows"

- Sarah Wayne Callies as "Dr. Sara Tancredi"

- Amaury Nolasco as "Fernando Sucre"

- Robert Knepper as "Theodore (T-Bag) Bagwell"

- Rockmond Dunbar as "Benjamin Miles (C-Note) Franklin"

- Paul Adelstein as "Paul Kellerman"

For more detailed information, read here:

What do you think about it?
Did you watch this series or is it new to you?
And if you know it, did you like it?

To me, Prison Break is by far the best tv-show I've ever seen. The first two seasons were a blast! And even while the two last seasons were not as great, I still enjoyed them because of the actors and the atmosphere of the show in general. So, I'm happy that all of my favorite characters return, as well as the show itself. Usually, I'm not a fan of reboots/retcons, but this right here is a exception of that. Can't wait for the release!

Claymantan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I hate to be a buzzkill, but I thought this show was terrible. And yeah, I watched all four seasons, and the movie (a friend roped me into it). The movie was actually okay. I agree that Seasons 1 and 2 were definitely higher quality than 3 and 4. The soundtrack was no slouch either.

But if they couldn't get William Fichtner back, man, that's a tragedy.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bruh this was a great show I'm glad they are bringing it back I agree the first two seasons were better than the other, soo many twists and turns in each of those episodes it really kept you on the edge of your seat. Can't wait to see scofiels doing what he does best!

The Amazing Spider Man

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well I actually loved this show and the ending when Michael died just made no sense. Why on Earth they cchose to kill that man is a mystery but hey lol Will be looking forward to seeing their return. Even though its probably because they couldn't find a gig anywhere else XD