Moe22

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, this isn't my theory thread, I want to hear yours. So to gain admission into the Naka Shrine you need the right creepy mask, that looks similar to the Grim Reaper used in Reaper Death Seal:
You must be registered for see images
Also, if you recall, Lord Danzo, a man with Uchiha and Senju DNA, was attack by a group of assassin's calling themselves the "Prajñā Group". The masks they wore were too similar to overlook:
Now, towards the top of the panel we see the uzumaki spiral:
And the next page we see 3 spirals:
I think it's relatively safe to assume the masks belong to the Prajñā Group. So maybe the three spirals represent the Uchiha, Prajñā, and Uzumaki since we see their symbols around the shrine.
However there are many unclear things about these so called "Prajñā". It was said they were annihilated by Root, and we know Root has a history of doing the controversial and secretive work, so why them? What did they do to get annihilated similarly to the Uchiha? And why is everyone so quite about it? (including kishi) The remaining Prajñā were killed by Danzo, but they were said to reside in the Land of Woods, which we've heard nothing about beside its relation to them. So what are your thoughts? Is the mask thing a coincidence?P Or am I crazy? Or perhaps, just maybe, these are the original users of the Reaper Death Seal?:yeah:
Comment your thoughts!

SIR HERDERP PRESIDERP SDO

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The Uzumaki Mask Storage Temple:

It is a Kagura Shrine where Kagura is held (masked religious dance)

The Uzumaki Kagura Mask that was found in the Uzumaki Mask Temple is specifically a Hannya Mask:

The Hannya Mask (般若) takes it's name from the Sino-Japanese word for prajna or wisdom, the mask was named as such because the Perfection Sutras (Hannya Scroll) were effective against demons.

The Prajnaparamita or the Hannya-Haramitta speaks of the Six Perfections to become a Bodhisattva aka a Sage, a Sennin

The Six Perfections Are:

1. Dāna pāramitā: generosity
2. Śīla pāramitā : virtue
3. Kṣānti (kshanti) pāramitā : patience
4. Vīrya pāramitā : diligence
5. Dhyāna pāramitā : contemplation
6. Prajñā pāramitā : wisdom, insight

He who has followed the Six Perfections becomes a Bodhisattva, a Sennin.

The Bodhisattva then has mastery of the Six Realms/Paths also known as Rokudō 六道

1. Naraka Path
2. Preta Path
3. Animal Path
4. Asura Path
5. Human Path
6. Deva Path

Much like Rikudou/Hagoromo who is the Sage of the Six Paths.

The Reaper is a Hannya Demon who are all females and solely females.

Unbeknownst to many, the Shinigami of the Reaper Death Seal is a woman:

he Reaper is a Hannya Demon who are all females and solely females.

The Shinigami is also a priestess holding a prayer beads and reciting a prayer before commencing the sealing ritual:

The Reaper's initial stance with it arms spread is a clerical/priestly stance:

Last edited:

Meowazziel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it's relatively safe to assume the masks belong to the Prajñā Group. So maybe the three spirals represent the Uchiha, Prajñā, and Uzumaki since we see their symbols around the shrine.
Where is the Uchiha symbol and the Prajñā symbol? I only see 3 Uzumaki symbols.

About the Prajñā. Maybe they were remaining Uzumaki members.
Danzo and the Prajñā could have something to do with the destruction of the Uzumaki village.
I would like the mask that the Prajñā wear, that is similar to the Uzumaki mask, to not be a coincidence, that they look alike (it can be a coincidence though, but I feel it could just as much have a good reason). Nice find btw.

Last edited:

KGB Kakuzu

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The masks they wore as good Sir Derp explained were Hannya Mask. The mask can sometimes be noted as famous for Ninja masks.

For example, a Ninja in Ruroni Kenshin is literally named after and wears a similar Hannya mask.

As for symbolic ties. Who knows for sure. Most likely it is a coincidence... The Pranja being crested to depict the concept that Danzo is willing to kill people off in order to maintain Konoha's safety. If anything, I'd say this may symbolically represent the concept that ROOT is responsible for the destruction of the Eddie Village.

Considering they only showed up once... It's hard to say they hold a definitive role in the story's history.

That being said, the role they could play is that they represent one of POSSIBLY three great genocides commuted by ROOT _(at least two known genocides).

Thanks for the read.

Kadmos1

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, with the various Buddhist terms associated with the Rinnegan and the Sage, I wouldn't doubt that it could be the Prajñā could've been the remaining Uzumaki (with this, I do think that the Sage may have eventually carried the name Uzumaki).