Post the first thing that comes into your mind V2.

Avani

Supreme
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
20,933
Reaction score
4,034
So I was reading this American light novel ( some supernatural fantasy with shape shifters and what not) and it included some "Native American" characters...
And writer named her Katyayini... That's an Indian goddess name not American... :headdesk:

I suppose writer did a random google search and picked a name that showed up without further checking where did it originate from...
 

Antares 👑

Sage of Indecision
Elite
Joined
Apr 3, 2009
Messages
8,140
Reaction score
467
Proof-reading and accurate resesrch is important...but that does sound like an interesting novel ngl
 

Tsuki

Legendary Shinobi 🐸
Supreme
Joined
Apr 27, 2012
Messages
38,990
Reaction score
1,831
So I was reading this American light novel ( some supernatural fantasy with shape shifters and what not) and it included some "Native American" characters...
And writer named her Katyayini... That's an Indian goddess name not American... :headdesk:

I suppose writer did a random google search and picked a name that showed up without further checking where did it originate from...
The writer must've been one of Christopher Columbus' crewmates and mistook them for Indians.
 
Top