5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

Pool of Reflection

The Pool of Reflection is a small pond located just north of the Knightswood. Unlike the eerie and at times harrowing Fae Forest the Pool of Reflection is quite tranquil. It is void of fauna and pests, mostly just consumed with typical types of flora that would litter a forest. The pond itself is quite clean despite being a still body of fresh water not connected to any other source of water. It is a natural body of water yet its purpose is unclear, like hallowed ground for the Monks of the Human Order.

The displaced Mirror Clan of Tírnan have settled within the forests surrounding the Pool of Reflection, as they find the almost mirror-like surface of the lake perfect for their needs. In return for using the pool for their divining purposes, the Mirror Clan maintain the health and appearance of this fragment of the Cedar Forest, giving back just as much as they recieve, as is natural within Fae society.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Previous post.

This post marks the beginning of my mission using these storyboard elements:
- Scout potential threats (3).

Having traversed the Stranglevine Woods, Musashi came into a clearing with a body of water. As she did so, it was if her entire body heaved a massive sigh of relief. The tension in her body faded, and she did not feel as if there were danger bearing down on her from every direction.

The clearing was serene, with only a pond of incredibly clear water, and gently swaying grasses filling the area. There were no rivers cutting through the land, so the pond was likely a result of rain water or from an underground aquifer. However, its sheer clarity was astonishing for such a body of water.

The air was clean and clear, and not another soul dwelled within some area, letting Musashi know she was alone. She approached the shore of the pond, and decided that now was as good a time as any to take a small breather, and to fill her belly.

She laid out a small blanket and opened a bento box filled with some pickled plums, dried meats, and rice. She said a small prayer of thanks, before enjoying her meal and looking around the area. The sunlight shone down, warming her, and the cool wind was not too strong, broken by the dense forest surrounding the area. The water was calm and still, and crystal clear, and Musashi could see straight through to the bottom.

Its clarity drew her gaze and put her into a relaxing state, as she ate her food. This would be an excellent spot for mediation, she thought. Finishing her food, she placed her lunchbox back into her travel pack, and took out her notes to make record of this place in her scrawling.

For the first time since acquiring the blade, Musashi drew Myōjingiri, laying the blade upon the blanket before her. The blade was exquisite, and though she doubted a blade crafted in such a way would need maintenance, it was always a good habit to keep, and especially so to show reverence to good pieces of craftsmanship.

She retrieved some water from the still pond, and used it in her practice of cleaning and then oiling and polishing Myōjingiri, keeping the blade well maintained. The sword had yet to be used, so she felt no need to take a whetstone to the blade yet.

Her eyes surveyed the area, her blade laying before her as she sat upon her knees. A breath of fresh air, she determined that this area did not pose any immediate threat, and would be a good reprieve for any travelers who made their way here.

Taking a moment to enjoy the piece, Musashi entered a small state of meditation, enjoying the sunlight that fell upon her and Myōjingiri.

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Previous post.

Musashi arrived at the Pool of Reflection, a tranquil space among the strange Cedar Forest. The calmness of the area extended to Musashi's spirit, as she took a moment to breath, having escaped the overwhelmingly powerful Oni. And what of the massive earthquake? She had seen too much in the way of bizarre weather conditions here to take it immediately as a natural phenomenon.

She took a deep breath to center herself, and recuperate. She would need some time to gather her thoughts.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Previous post.

Musashi arrived at the Pool of Reflection, a tranquil space among the strange Cedar Forest. The calmness of the area extended to Musashi's spirit, as she took a moment to breath, having escaped the overwhelmingly powerful Oni. And what of the massive earthquake? She had seen too much in the way of bizarre weather conditions here to take it immediately as a natural phenomenon.

She took a deep breath to center herself, and recuperate. She would need some time to gather her thoughts.

Coming from: #271, Last Shadow.

Immediate relief washed over Shirō as he left behind the odd clearing of the Last Shadow, and entered the forest proper once more. Adding to this relief was the lack of the odd ashen purple vines, and seemingly any forms of violent fauna he'd encountered until now, the former being more surprising than the latter, and certainly the more interesting development. There was certainly an overgrowth of life here in the Outer Lands, but the abundance had nothing to do with plants actually attacking people and animals, that was no doubt a result of the purplish ashen appearance they had taken, the same hue as the Void Emiya saw within Irkalla towards the end of the Raid, as well as the roots that had sprung up within Innovus. Something was happening the world over, something ominous.

Eventually the forest gave way to another clearing, this one far less ominous than the Shadow. A tranquil pool of crystalline waters sat at the center of a strangely sacred feeling space. It was almost entirely void of life, save for a single familiar soul. The silhouette of a fast friend and ally met within Marzan's Armory, and one that shared a sympathetic goal of reaching the apex of the sword. Her interpretation of that apex may not perfectly align with Emiya's own, but the mutual admiration existed all the same.

As it appeared Musashi had decided to take the chance to meditate before the sight of a site, Shirō decided he would join without intruding or disturbing the swordmaster, or at least that was the initial intention. Taking a seat by the pool of water a respectful distance from Musashi, Shirō sat in silence for several moments before impatiently breaking the silence.

"Finally caught up to you. This place sure is... Interesting?"

Emiya remarked that he'd visited the same installation that Musashi had found, including the prison-like structure in the basement, and the mystery therein. Emiya had his guesses, though they were pure speculation. What mattered is that some few centuries ago at least someone saw fit to hide a prison beneath an observatory/ library. He decided against detailing his massive mistake from only a few miles away in another clearing, and finally he made it to the topic she'd mentioned in her last correspondence.

"In your last message you said there are people here? Like, actual humans? And they might have flames like Marzan's forge?
Can you elaborate on that?"

Where before there wasn't even the idea of a light bulb in his head, threads were beginning to coalesce for Emiya, and the idea that maybe perhaps his earlier "awakening" wasn't entirely coincidence, or unrelated to either the God Slaying Smith, or maybe this land. He still wasn't entirely convinced though.

Reactions: Keotsu

Panthalassa

Elite
Kin
1,105💸
Kumi
32,712💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Immediate relief washed over Shirō as he left behind the odd clearing of the Last Shadow, and entered the forest proper once more. Adding to this relief was the lack of the odd ashen purple vines, and seemingly any forms of violent fauna he'd encountered until now, the former being more surprising than the latter, and certainly the more interesting development. There was certainly an overgrowth of life here in the Outer Lands, but the abundance had nothing to do with plants actually attacking people and animals, that was no doubt a result of the purplish ashen appearance they had taken, the same hue as the Void Emiya saw within Irkalla towards the end of the Raid, as well as the roots that had sprung up within Innovus. Something was happening the world over, something ominous.

Eventually the forest gave way to another clearing, this one far less ominous than the Shadow. A tranquil pool of crystalline waters sat at the center of a strangely sacred feeling space. It was almost entirely void of life, save for a single familiar soul. The silhouette of a fast friend and ally met within Marzan's Armory, and one that shared a sympathetic goal of reaching the apex of the sword. Her interpretation of that apex may not perfectly align with Emiya's own, but the mutual admiration existed all the same.

As it appeared Musashi had decided to take the chance to meditate before the sight of a site, Shirō decided he would join without intruding or disturbing the swordmaster, or at least that was the initial intention. Taking a seat by the pool of water a respectful distance from Musashi, Shirō sat in silence for several moments before impatiently breaking the silence.

Emiya remarked that he'd visited the same installation that Musashi had found, including the prison-like structure in the basement, and the mystery therein. Emiya had his guesses, though they were pure speculation. What mattered is that some few centuries ago at least someone saw fit to hide a prison beneath an observatory/ library. He decided against detailing his massive mistake from only a few miles away in another clearing, and finally he made it to the topic she'd mentioned in her last correspondence.

"In your last message you said there are people here? Like, actual humans? And they might have flames like Marzan's forge?

Where before there wasn't even the idea of a light bulb in his head, threads were beginning to coalesce for Emiya, and the idea that maybe perhaps his earlier "awakening" wasn't entirely coincidence, or unrelated to either the God Slaying Smith, or maybe this land. He still wasn't entirely convinced though.
Coming from [x]

While the swordman had approached the ronin with calmness and tranquility, the approach of the aburame was not identical. Screams could be heard from around the forest, and all who could see the pool of reflection would watch it shake and flicker. Several insects would fly out in distress surrounded by small clouds of dust at several points of the thick woods.

Until a vine entangled ninja popped out from around a trunk, several flies buzzing about him. He was trying to saw down a particularily pesky vine from his legs, as he dropped on his back on the floor of the clearly. It wasn't going well, and he keep screaming at the flies for help, in what appeared to be a whole conversation that seemingly had no response from the non-human participants.

In a twist of his body, he managed to remove one foot from the entanglement, and the flies compressed around his arm to pull him out of his predicament. The cumbersome vines seemingly shrieked and eaved, scurrying back into the forest. Panthalassa dusted himself off, before turning around to Pool of Reflection, noticing the two warriors calmly sitting by the waters.

My apologies! These strange lands' weather is all over the place, even a very accomplished navigator like myself seemed to have been lost. Would you perhaps be able to assist me in finding the dwelling of those who can progress my god slaying tool? Oh my, I know you!

Panthalassa exclaimed, seeing the red-haired swordsman.

Emilio right? We met before, I was traveling with Barney! Oh and I heard of you! The Explorer of the Outer Lands! Your fame precedes you, as the greatest adventurer of these parts! I'm a fan!

He said, now taking note of the ronin Musashi! As luck would have it, these two would most likely be the best individuals to help his endeavor!

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Previous post.

Coming from [x]

While the swordman had approached the ronin with calmness and tranquility, the approach of the aburame was not identical. Screams could be heard from around the forest, and all who could see the pool of reflection would watch it shake and flicker. Several insects would fly out in distress surrounded by small clouds of dust at several points of the thick woods.

Until a vine entangled ninja popped out from around a trunk, several flies buzzing about him. He was trying to saw down a particularily pesky vine from his legs, as he dropped on his back on the floor of the clearly. It wasn't going well, and he keep screaming at the flies for help, in what appeared to be a whole conversation that seemingly had no response from the non-human participants.

In a twist of his body, he managed to remove one foot from the entanglement, and the flies compressed around his arm to pull him out of his predicament. The cumbersome vines seemingly shrieked and eaved, scurrying back into the forest. Panthalassa dusted himself off, before turning around to Pool of Reflection, noticing the two warriors calmly sitting by the waters.

My apologies! These strange lands' weather is all over the place, even a very accomplished navigator like myself seemed to have been lost. Would you perhaps be able to assist me in finding the dwelling of those who can progress my god slaying tool? Oh my, I know you!

Emilio right? We met before, I was traveling with Barney! Oh and I heard of you! The Explorer of the Outer Lands! Your fame precedes you, as the greatest adventurer of these parts! I'm a fan!

He said, now taking note of the ronin Musashi! As luck would have it, these two would most likely be the best individuals to help his endeavor!
A blinding flash of blade - a far reaching step; a parry delivered, but a blade shattered. Another dead-end approach. Musashi played the fight out against "Upper One" in her head over and over again, trying to extrapolate the movements of the man in her head, to fill in gaps. If the difference in physical ability had not been so drastic, how would she have fared against the man? But, even trying to replay the fight in her mind, filling in the man's movements with the best of her own knowledge, and seeing how she would have responded if she had been fast enough...

No, it hadn't just been an issue of physical strength and speed. The man had years more experience under his belt; even wielding that massive greatsword so casually, he was simply better than Musashi. And then there was whatever ability he had used that had so casually defeated - not even defeat, stole- Taia from her.
It was a frightening - and exhilarating - sight, the lack of wasted movement in every stroke. That an Oni possessed such skill with a blade was a terrifying concept. It showed that despite the massive strides she had taken with her swordsmanship, she still had journey ahead of her, especially if she wanted to wield a blade capable of "cutting the void".

"BWAH?!" startled Musashi, having been so deeply engrossed in her meditation that she didn't even sense the spirits approaching her. Emiya had appeared! It seemed he, too, had been exploring Kamiyasumi, and had also investigated the area that Musashi had detailed in one of her scrawlings to him. But, more important, he pressed on about Musashi's latest message, the one about Sanctuary - with a bit of inquisitiveness that the swordswoman couldn't fault him for.

"Mhm, yeah," said Musashi, as she reached into her backpack and pulled out the map she had created in her rather thorough exploration of the island; there were still a few gaps here in there, but she doubted any one individual had collected as much information as she had. She pointed to where the Sanctuary was on her map, and where they currently were.

"Around this area I came across an incredibly large barrier, in the midst of the hurricane, like I had detailed. At first I had suspected some sort of Ninjutsu - there are usually unscrupulous kind all about that would like to remain hidden, right? But when I ventured further in I found a massive graveyard that was immaculate - like it was actively tended to. It was the first bit of 'active' civilization I had seen, given the deserted status of the landmark I told you about, and you followed up on.

"When I ventured further in, I found a secluded village of people - living breathing humans," said Musashi, before pausing a moment to think back. "They reminded me of Great-Gramps; they all had impossibly old souls, and I mean that literally. These people were ancient. The village itself wasn't anything spectacular, but I think that was more of a lifestyle choice than anything. But while I didn't see it but more than a glimpse, that's all I needed - without a doubt I saw flames within the village that were the same kind your Master used to forge Myōjingiri. I don't really know the significance of that - I know not you or your Master's past - but given the reverence that went into forging these God Slaying Tools, I figured any sort of lead on that path could be important to you, or him. It seemed wrong to not inform you. I'm sorry I don't have more to say than that - given the nature of the place, I felt it wrong to linger at the time, and as you can see," Musashi said pointing to the rather conspicuous absence of detail on her map, "I didn't even want to record its location."

It was then that another individual made their appearance - though this time Musashi sensed the soul approaching, not quite so lost in meditation - struggling with the flora of the area and attacked by...flies? No, not quite attacked, that didn't seem correct.

But this new individual made some rather surprising claims, no sooner than they entered the clearing. It seemed they recognized Emiya? Maybe Musashi had spent too long away from the main encampment, but had Marzan made a discovery? Was that why Emiya was here? And it seemed Musashi's own name was known to some degree, with her efforts to explore the island. She thought fondly back to the excitable merchant she met, and had no doubt that he was likely responsible for her fame.

"Progress the God Slaying Tools? Do you know anything about this, Emiya? I wouldn't have dared guess your Master's work was anything short of mastercraft," she said, motioning to Myōjingiri reverently sat infront of her, in front of the shattered remains of Tender Hands and Ten-Thousand Cold Nights. The two poor blades had not fared well in the encounter with the Oni. Myōjingiri, however, seemed to be indestructible. On the surface the sword seemed fine, but even Musashi could sense a measure of strain applied to the sword. Though the swordswoman couldn't know it, it was perhaps the aftereffects of coming into contact with Divinity.

Reactions: Lili-Chwan

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from [x]

Previous post.

A blinding flash of blade - a far reaching step; a parry delivered, but a blade shattered. Another dead-end approach. Musashi played the fight out against "Upper One" in her head over and over again, trying to extrapolate the movements of the man in her head, to fill in gaps. If the difference in physical ability had not been so drastic, how would she have fared against the man? But, even trying to replay the fight in her mind, filling in the man's movements with the best of her own knowledge, and seeing how she would have responded if she had been fast enough...

No, it hadn't just been an issue of physical strength and speed. The man had years more experience under his belt; even wielding that massive greatsword so casually, he was simply better than Musashi. And then there was whatever ability he had used that had so casually defeated - not even defeat, stole- Taia from her.
It was a frightening - and exhilarating - sight, the lack of wasted movement in every stroke. That an Oni possessed such skill with a blade was a terrifying concept. It showed that despite the massive strides she had taken with her swordsmanship, she still had journey ahead of her, especially if she wanted to wield a blade capable of "cutting the void".

"BWAH?!" startled Musashi, having been so deeply engrossed in her meditation that she didn't even sense the spirits approaching her. Emiya had appeared! It seemed he, too, had been exploring Kamiyasumi, and had also investigated the area that Musashi had detailed in one of her scrawlings to him. But, more important, he pressed on about Musashi's latest message, the one about Sanctuary - with a bit of inquisitiveness that the swordswoman couldn't fault him for.

"Mhm, yeah," said Musashi, as she reached into her backpack and pulled out the map she had created in her rather thorough exploration of the island; there were still a few gaps here in there, but she doubted any one individual had collected as much information as she had. She pointed to where the Sanctuary was on her map, and where they currently were.

"Around this area I came across an incredibly large barrier, in the midst of the hurricane, like I had detailed. At first I had suspected some sort of Ninjutsu - there are usually unscrupulous kind all about that would like to remain hidden, right? But when I ventured further in I found a massive graveyard that was immaculate - like it was actively tended to. It was the first bit of 'active' civilization I had seen, given the deserted status of the landmark I told you about, and you followed up on.

"When I ventured further in, I found a secluded village of people - living breathing humans," said Musashi, before pausing a moment to think back. "They reminded me of Great-Gramps; they all had impossibly old souls, and I mean that literally. These people were ancient. The village itself wasn't anything spectacular, but I think that was more of a lifestyle choice than anything. But while I didn't see it but more than a glimpse, that's all I needed - without a doubt I saw flames within the village that were the same kind your Master used to forge Myōjingiri. I don't really know the significance of that - I know not you or your Master's past - but given the reverence that went into forging these God Slaying Tools, I figured any sort of lead on that path could be important to you, or him. It seemed wrong to not inform you. I'm sorry I don't have more to say than that - given the nature of the place, I felt it wrong to linger at the time, and as you can see," Musashi said pointing to the rather conspicuous absence of detail on her map, "I didn't even want to record its location."

It was then that another individual made their appearance - though this time Musashi sensed the soul approaching, not quite so lost in meditation - struggling with the flora of the area and attacked by...flies? No, not quite attacked, that didn't seem correct.

But this new individual made some rather surprising claims, no sooner than they entered the clearing. It seemed they recognized Emiya? Maybe Musashi had spent too long away from the main encampment, but had Marzan made a discovery? Was that why Emiya was here? And it seemed Musashi's own name was known to some degree, with her efforts to explore the island. She thought fondly back to the excitable merchant she met, and had no doubt that he was likely responsible for her fame.

"Progress the God Slaying Tools? Do you know anything about this, Emiya? I wouldn't have dared guess your Master's work was anything short of mastercraft," she said, motioning to Myōjingiri reverently sat infront of her, in front of the shattered remains of Tender Hands and Ten-Thousand Cold Nights. The two poor blades had not fared well in the encounter with the Oni. Myōjingiri, however, seemed to be indestructible. On the surface the sword seemed fine, but even Musashi could sense a measure of strain applied to the sword. Though the swordswoman couldn't know it, it was perhaps the aftereffects of coming into contact with Divinity.
Musashi was thorough, actually taking the lay of the land and transcribing her discoveries with each step. Explorer indeed. Though there were a few gaps, she'd mapped most of the island, marking key locations as she went. When she noted where they were in relation to where the Village of people was, and Emiya saw how far they'd travelled and yet still had to go, the sheer scale of Kamiyasmui rivaled that of the Badlands of Earth and Desert of Wind. To think this place had been undiscovered for so long was almost impossible.

As Musashi went into detail about the Monks, and remarked that their souls were ancient same as Marzan's, Emiya figured they were not unlike Solomon, but even he was still from a time that could be explored through ruins. Marzan was from the Era of the Gods themselves, and blessed with Immortality by those same Gods for his feats and deeds in the war against Tiamat. The chance that these people were connected to him, while low, was still entirely possible. If Marzan was the only person left who knew of them, and he was locked away within Irkalla, of course knowledge of them would fade from memory and the world at large. With the remark about the almost assuredly identical flames, those chances were increased ever so slightly.

"So those flames were the same as the Forg-What the?!"

Just then a cacophony of sounds and screams drew near. At first Emiya was on edge that perhaps a new type of fauna was attacking them, but as insects drew near, and a silhouette of a man entered their line of sight, Emiya knew that it was the Admiral. He was the only person he knew that was followed by a swarm at all times, and could command their control. As Emiya watched him break free from one of those Void-infested vines he entertained the thought of lending a hand, but his insects had everything handled. One wrong cut with even a basic weapon and the Admiral would have bigger problems than errant foliage after all. With his arrival the subject of "progressing the God Slaying Tools was introduced. Marzan did make numerous references to how the Tools were linked to one's soul intrinsically, and that they would be painted by their experiences, but this was vague and virtually filler, void of any actual instruction. This in tandem with the apparent presence of flames like those found in Marzan's forge here within the Outer Lands couldn't be coincidence anymore. If Marzan came from here, or these people were somehow related to him, especially granted their apparent "old souls", maybe there was a way to progress them. Marzan was one man after all, but by Musashi's account, there was an entire Village here. One of them had to know something, if it was possible.

"If it's possible to improve them, he never told me. He only made vague allusions to them being linked to the soul, and how the Tools would be painted by our individual experiences."

Emiya was about to suggest they head for that Sanctuary Musashi stumbled upon when he noticed the broken fragments of a pair of blades, seemingly the pair she'd had when she had arrived at the Forge, before adding Marzan's creation to the mix. It seems he was not the only one who'd had weapon problems within the Outer Lands. It became more clear why she was so preoccupied when he'd arrived. She was lost in thought, mourning the loss of the blades, or maybe trying to think of a way to recover them, or replaying that moment in her head again and again, wondering what she could have done differently.

"What happened there, if you don't mind me asking?"

Gesturing to the pair of blades, Emiya was as reverent as he could be, sympathy on full display at the similar sight of the loss of a weapon. It wasn't originally his own, but when he was retrieving Blessings from Demetrias he felt that same pang of grief at the sight of the broken blade. Without knowing neither it's history nor future potential he showed the blade of his enemy the same respect he gave the blades of his friend before him. Gears began to turn both within and without Emiya, wondering if he could in fact provide the selfsame service he sought out the God Slaying Blacksmith of Eld for.

Panthalassa

Elite
Kin
1,105💸
Kumi
32,712💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Previous post.

Musashi was thorough, actually taking the lay of the land and transcribing her discoveries with each step. Explorer indeed. Though there were a few gaps, she'd mapped most of the island, marking key locations as she went. When she noted where they were in relation to where the Village of people was, and Emiya saw how far they'd travelled and yet still had to go, the sheer scale of Kamiyasmui rivaled that of the Badlands of Earth and Desert of Wind. To think this place had been undiscovered for so long was almost impossible.

As Musashi went into detail about the Monks, and remarked that their souls were ancient same as Marzan's, Emiya figured they were not unlike Solomon, but even he was still from a time that could be explored through ruins. Marzan was from the Era of the Gods themselves, and blessed with Immortality by those same Gods for his feats and deeds in the war against Tiamat. The chance that these people were connected to him, while low, was still entirely possible. If Marzan was the only person left who knew of them, and he was locked away within Irkalla, of course knowledge of them would fade from memory and the world at large. With the remark about the almost assuredly identical flames, those chances were increased ever so slightly.

Just then a cacophony of sounds and screams drew near. At first Emiya was on edge that perhaps a new type of fauna was attacking them, but as insects drew near, and a silhouette of a man entered their line of sight, Emiya knew that it was the Admiral. He was the only person he knew that was followed by a swarm at all times, and could command their control. As Emiya watched him break free from one of those Void-infested vines he entertained the thought of lending a hand, but his insects had everything handled. One wrong cut with even a basic weapon and the Admiral would have bigger problems than errant foliage after all. With his arrival the subject of "progressing the God Slaying Tools was introduced. Marzan did make numerous references to how the Tools were linked to one's soul intrinsically, and that they would be painted by their experiences, but this was vague and virtually filler, void of any actual instruction. This in tandem with the apparent presence of flames like those found in Marzan's forge here within the Outer Lands couldn't be coincidence anymore. If Marzan came from here, or these people were somehow related to him, especially granted their apparent "old souls", maybe there was a way to progress them. Marzan was one man after all, but by Musashi's account, there was an entire Village here. One of them had to know something, if it was possible.

"If it's possible to improve them, he never told me. He only made vague allusions to them being linked to the soul, and how the Tools would be painted by our individual experiences."

Emiya was about to suggest they head for that Sanctuary Musashi stumbled upon when he noticed the broken fragments of a pair of blades, seemingly the pair she'd had when she had arrived at the Forge, before adding Marzan's creation to the mix. It seems he was not the only one who'd had weapon problems within the Outer Lands. It became more clear why she was so preoccupied when he'd arrived. She was lost in thought, mourning the loss of the blades, or maybe trying to think of a way to recover them, or replaying that moment in her head again and again, wondering what she could have done differently.

Gesturing to the pair of blades, Emiya was as reverent as he could be, sympathy on full display at the similar sight of the loss of a weapon. It wasn't originally his own, but when he was retrieving Blessings from Demetrias he felt that same pang of grief at the sight of the broken blade. Without knowing neither it's history nor future potential he showed the blade of his enemy the same respect he gave the blades of his friend before him. Gears began to turn both within and without Emiya, wondering if he could in fact provide the selfsame service he sought out the God Slaying Blacksmith of Eld for.
Panthalassa beamed at the entourage that just formed. Turning to Musashi, Panthalassa did a small bow and introduced himself:

My name is Admiral Panthalassa Aburame, at your disposal, brave lady! I have been one of the first settlers here, joined by Alucard and Barney. While I confess I didn't do much beyond building the early huts of the Beachfront settlement, I have been able to speak with a whole assortment of people coming and going. These Outer Lands have been busy after their isolation so many years ago! The last piece of gossip spread around the land from merchant to merchant, obviously beyond your adventures, Musashi, where tied with the insurance of people manifesting a flame ability that was beyond any ninjutsu we had ever known!

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Panthalassa beamed at the entourage that just formed. Turning to Musashi, Panthalassa did a small bow and introduced himself:

My name is Admiral Panthalassa Aburame, at your disposal, brave lady! I have been one of the first settlers here, joined by Alucard and Barney. While I confess I didn't do much beyond building the early huts of the Beachfront settlement, I have been able to speak with a whole assortment of people coming and going. These Outer Lands have been busy after their isolation so many years ago! The last piece of gossip spread around the land from merchant to merchant, obviously beyond your adventures, Musashi, where tied with the insurance of people manifesting a flame ability that was beyond any ninjutsu we had ever known!
Musashi listened quietly to the speculation Emiya put forward, the words of his own master. She thought back to what Marzan had said to her.

"Every human is unique, that's why my job is so much fun. I get to plumb the depths of their souls, hear what they want, and provide them with a blank slate for them to paint their experiences and soul over, filling their chosen tool with their very own essence. While one person may desire a blade, to another a blade is far too direct a tool, so they may request a less dangerous weapon, or perhaps not even a weapon at all. It's why they're called tools after all, they don't have to be offensive by nature."
The weight of Myōjingiri had already become familiar to her, and so it was likely that what Great-Gramps said was literal. He truly was plumbing the depths of the soul. Myōjingiri as it was now...was still just a blank canvas for Musashi to paint, as Emiya recalled.

This could be an interesting development; already a masterworked blade, it seemed there were ways for it to be further augmented, if not improved.

The new individual introduced themselves; Admiral Panthalassa Aburame. She recognized the clan name from the Land of Fire, and the flies now made much more sense. But, an Admiral? That was a pleasant turn of events. Perhaps fortune shone down on Musashi after all, and she would get to stop having to barter for passage on a seafaring vessel every time she needed to cross an ocean! They spoke of how people spoke of a new flame like ability manifesting...and it had to be what Musashi saw in the Sanctuary.

There were likely other explorers about, so her hoping that she would have been the only person to find the place would have been a pipe dream at best. But, even still...Panthalssa's mention of the town that sprung up nearly overnight reminded Musashi of just how quickly Shinobi could accomplish things with their Ninjutsu. Long distance travel and the the proliferation of news was probably quite a bit easier than how she managed; she instantly thought back to the scrolls Emiya had given her for communication purposes.

"So it sounds like there's definitely more to the fire than it being...well, flame. Sounds like there may be a journey to the Sanctuary in order after all, hm?" questioned Musashi.

At this time, Emiya motioned at the shattered fragments of Musashi's blades, and her normally cheery facade faltered for a moment, as she let out a deep sigh.

"An Oni."

She thought for a moment, and recounted the tale.

"I was traveling through some woods, not too far from here, when I sensed a soul very familiar to the Oni I've encountered before; the one's I've mentioned, yeah? Upon tracking the soul down, I found not a creature, but what appeared to me as just a human man. Older, but nothing out of the ordinary. We spoke for moment, when he questioned me about Dokkodo - it seemed that he had heard somehow that it was an effective means of fighting Oni.

Ultimately, we ended up crossing blades - if you can call it that - after I realized what he was; despite looking human, he was an Oni. Shapechanging is a common skill among Shinobi, so I curse myself for never considering it. But - and though I don't have enough data to say conclusively - he seemed special. His eye was branded. 'UPPER ONE.'

"Whatever it means, perhaps there's more organization to them than I anticipated - a clan, perhaps? Maybe its a Kekkei Genkai?"

Musashi then recounted the fight in its entirety to Emiya and the present Panthalassa. How the Oni bore strength and speed far beyond what Musashi was capable of, even using her enhanced States, and how with a single blow he had shattered her twin blades. She recounted having to draw Myōjingiri, and how she manifested her Guardian Spirit - Taia...and the strange golden wave of energy the Oni had released, unlike anything Musashi had ever seen before, and how the Oni stole the spirit from her.

"These were good swords; not as good as your Master's work, I'd wager, but masterpieces none-the-less. Cost me a small fortune, but even beyond that, they've seen me through thick and thin. I won't like - to see them shattered like so does pain me," she said. She had Myōjingiri, of course, and another blade of rather unremarkable quality, so it wasn't like she was completely defenseless. And she did posses a trick up her sleeve to manifest a blade if circumstances were ever more dire.

But, to see the destruction of two art pieces like such was a sad thing indeed.

Reactions: Panthalassa

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Musashi listened quietly to the speculation Emiya put forward, the words of his own master. She thought back to what Marzan had said to her.

The weight of Myōjingiri had already become familiar to her, and so it was likely that what Great-Gramps said was literal. He truly was plumbing the depths of the soul. Myōjingiri as it was now...was still just a blank canvas for Musashi to paint, as Emiya recalled.

This could be an interesting development; already a masterworked blade, it seemed there were ways for it to be further augmented, if not improved.

The new individual introduced themselves; Admiral Panthalassa Aburame. She recognized the clan name from the Land of Fire, and the flies now made much more sense. But, an Admiral? That was a pleasant turn of events. Perhaps fortune shone down on Musashi after all, and she would get to stop having to barter for passage on a seafaring vessel every time she needed to cross an ocean! They spoke of how people spoke of a new flame like ability manifesting...and it had to be what Musashi saw in the Sanctuary.

There were likely other explorers about, so her hoping that she would have been the only person to find the place would have been a pipe dream at best. But, even still...Panthalssa's mention of the town that sprung up nearly overnight reminded Musashi of just how quickly Shinobi could accomplish things with their Ninjutsu. Long distance travel and the the proliferation of news was probably quite a bit easier than how she managed; she instantly thought back to the scrolls Emiya had given her for communication purposes.

"So it sounds like there's definitely more to the fire than it being...well, flame. Sounds like there may be a journey to the Sanctuary in order after all, hm?" questioned Musashi.

At this time, Emiya motioned at the shattered fragments of Musashi's blades, and her normally cheery facade faltered for a moment, as she let out a deep sigh.

"An Oni."

She thought for a moment, and recounted the tale.

"I was traveling through some woods, not too far from here, when I sensed a soul very familiar to the Oni I've encountered before; the one's I've mentioned, yeah? Upon tracking the soul down, I found not a creature, but what appeared to me as just a human man. Older, but nothing out of the ordinary. We spoke for moment, when he questioned me about Dokkodo - it seemed that he had heard somehow that it was an effective means of fighting Oni.

Ultimately, we ended up crossing blades - if you can call it that - after I realized what he was; despite looking human, he was an Oni. Shapechanging is a common skill among Shinobi, so I curse myself for never considering it. But - and though I don't have enough data to say conclusively - he seemed special. His eye was branded. 'UPPER ONE.'

"Whatever it means, perhaps there's more organization to them than I anticipated - a clan, perhaps? Maybe its a Kekkei Genkai?"

Musashi then recounted the fight in its entirety to Emiya and the present Panthalassa. How the Oni bore strength and speed far beyond what Musashi was capable of, even using her enhanced States, and how with a single blow he had shattered her twin blades. She recounted having to draw Myōjingiri, and how she manifested her Guardian Spirit - Taia...and the strange golden wave of energy the Oni had released, unlike anything Musashi had ever seen before, and how the Oni stole the spirit from her.

"These were good swords; not as good as your Master's work, I'd wager, but masterpieces none-the-less. Cost me a small fortune, but even beyond that, they've seen me through thick and thin. I won't like - to see them shattered like so does pain me," she said. She had Myōjingiri, of course, and another blade of rather unremarkable quality, so it wasn't like she was completely defenseless. And she did posses a trick up her sleeve to manifest a blade if circumstances were ever more dire.

But, to see the destruction of two art pieces like such was a sad thing indeed.

Pantha's remarks about a "flame beyond any Ninjutsu known" reminded Emiya of something Isabella tried to claim to Marzan when he entertained the first pair looking to forge their tools. That despite his claims to the contrary as a master of many flames herself, Marzan's flames were not normal. At the time they appeared as any other flame, certainly not brimming with immense Chakra or anything of the sort. Odd that they would still burn after an eternity of neglect when Emiya and Marzan first arrived, but he thought nothing more of it at the time. Ancient immortal souls, and now an ancient ever-burning flame? There was always the chance the two were linked, but to think it was true gave way to a contradiction. By the smith's own admission he was blessed by the Gods and given immortality, whereas the creations made by his forge worked exclusively against Divinities, and held no other traits. Marzan himself wasn't a Divinity, only a blacksmith. There was another answer, and maybe the people in Sanctuary had it.

Musashi's recent encounter with a more established, if not entirely different breed of Oni was as shocking as it was infuriating. That it could so easily trump an established swordswoman so easily as well as destroy her weapons. Musashi was even showing concern for the blade she'd received from Marzan, which were supposed to be of the highest quality, nigh indestructible in his experience. Seeing this loss, Emiya picked the remnants up, and declared;

"Can't leave you with just the one blade. You might end up asking to borrow mine, and we can't have that can we?
Lets see what we can do about it, eh? Lead the way."

Despite the circumstances, Emiya spoke in a reserved, lighthearted and even sarcastic tone. She's get her swords back, one way or another.

Leaving Landmark with Musashi & Panthalassa.

Traveling to #286 via itinerary.

#270 > #277 > #273 > #281 > #282 > #285 > #286.

Departing #270 Pool of Reflection at 22:00 GMT
#277 23:00 GMT
#273 00:00 GMT
#281 01:00 GMT
#282 02:00 GMT
#285 03:00 GMT
Arriving at #286 Sanctuary at 04:00 GMT.