Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I haven?t been active on Narutobase for a while, so I have been watching regular TV more often. On Saturdays, I still watch the morning cartoons whenever I wake up early enough. So, I have been wondering what the heck happened to Yugioh and Pokemon. Why the hell can?t I find either show being aired on Saturdays? 11:00 A.M. is Saturday morning primetime and was reserved for Pokemon and Yugioh. I remember when they used to air them in the afternoons. And now I find new unknown shit taking up the slots. The episodes are still good but in comparison to the older episodes they are weak.

Whatever happened to the good old pokemon series. The show and you can?t forget the movies. The Pokemon movies were always so greatly crafted; even now they make people sad. Even now, if you watch the movies you can?t help tear up. The games actually required thought; it made you use your imagination, what?s wrong with that? And who can forget the theme songs, theme songs 1-5 were works of art, the new ones are blah.

What about Yugioh, they don?t even let people watch the series. They air the episodes for a while then just stop out of the blue to air some shit. They aired the new series at first, but then stopped, and began airing them a while ago. They skipped a bunch of episodes, left out parts in the plot. The card game has even died away, though I still see it being played for some kids. But back in its prime everyone was playing with the shit. They replaced Yugi, with some other kid and a new series that was whack, and now replace that with another. Though the new one is okay, and actually relates to the first series.

But the shows decreased in popularity and were replaced with shit and now are being questioned. I blame it on the new shows that copied their concepts but were newer and shittier so people wanted to watch them. Yeah, I know the new episodes aren?t that good but it?s because of the competition with the new shows that copy the ideas and pop up every 5 minutes. Though merchandise greed can also be credited because the creators are greedy and are willing to taint the legacy of the show just to make money.

But you can?t deny these shows are classic. They had something for everybody. But like all things, it became mortal. I understand now why they ended DBZ, it was time. I hope they end the shows to keep the legacy intact soon; it would be a shame for people years from now to say it?s tainted.

R.I.P.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well Pok?mon is still aired in my country. Not sure about Yugioh.

But I know after Yugioh you got Yugioh GX which was pretty cool. Yugioh was more serious, while GX was more hilarious and they sticked to the rules of the game and cards, something what was often not the case with Yugioh (for instance having an infinity amount of Kuriboh as a wall). It was pretty stupid actually they stopped airing it just before the last episode of season 3 =/ (you've got 4 seasons) instead of just airing that last one.

After that they started airing Yugioh 5D, but never saw it as it seemed dull.
Btw they have a Yugioh GX manga based on the anime (not the other way around). It's cool, but doesn't have much volumes yet.

And you're right about the movies, I still cry when Ash petrifies :T_T: and the movie with Lugia, Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno was awesome too.

The chance that they ever going to air the old Pok?mon episodes is nearly nihil. The amount of episodes rivals even that of DBZ. There are just way to many. Most successful cartoon ever.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

'-Hellknight-'

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

But I know after Yugioh you got Yugioh GX which was pretty cool. Yugioh was more serious, while GX was more hilarious and they sticked to the rules of the game and cards, something what was often not the case with Yugioh (for instance having an infinity amount of Kuriboh as a wall). It was pretty stupid actually they stopped airing it just before the last episode of season 3 =/ (you've got 4 seasons) instead of just airing that last one.

And you're right about the movies, I still cry when Ash petrifies :T_T: and the movie with Lugia, Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno was awesome too.

The chance that they ever going to air the old Pok?mon episodes is nearly nihil. The amount of episodes rivals even that of DBZ. There are just way to many.

Really? where are you from?

Kawagiri

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Btw they have a Yugioh GX manga based on the anime (not the other way around). It's cool, but doesn't have much volumes yet.

The chance that they ever going to air the old Pok?mon episodes is nearly nihil. The amount of episodes rivals even that of DBZ. There are just way to many. Most successful cartoon ever.

i noticed in a gx fight where he ****ed up once and instead of taking a dumb risk he could have instantly won 1 turn early... it was stupid... and it was worse for me noticing it (even though it was glaringly obvious really)

~Hasashi~

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
meh i was never really a pokemon fanatic but the originals were pretty good (unlike the crap now)

however i used to love the original yu gi oh's (though after watching yu gi oh abriged series i cant take it seriously anymore) and the GX series was OK but 5DS is bullcrap O-o

and yeah xD in the original sometimes cards would be made up on the spot (since they could only be useful in that position
like when he used the card to destroy all of the same types of monster cards which destroyed all of one guys exodia cards) and go against the rules every so often

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Really? where are you from?
Belgium

i noticed in a gx fight where he ****ed up once and instead of taking a dumb risk he could have instantly won 1 turn early... it was stupid... and it was worse for me noticing it (even though it was glaringly obvious really)
That's a feature of all Yugioh series. You can't make them win constantly in one-hit KO. I mean Kaiba once screwed over two of those Rare Hunters instantly with his Obelisk the Thormantor. They said they let them win, but what the hell could they have done to avoid that ._.

meh i was never really a pokemon fanatic but the originals were pretty good (unlike the crap now)

however i used to love the original yu gi oh's (though after watching yu gi oh abriged series i cant take it seriously anymore) and the GX series was OK but 5DS is bullcrap O-o

and yeah xD in the original sometimes cards would be made up on the spot (since they could only be useful in that position
like when he used the card to destroy all of the same types of monster cards which destroyed all of one guys exodia cards) and go against the rules every so often
Chain of Destruction I think *whistles*

When Yugi beat Weevil (the bugboy), he did it with combining his Summoned Skull and some water card as the Skull uses a lightning attack, but I have that card (I have some xd) and it doesn't have any indication of having a lightning attack. Makes no sense.

GX really goes according to the rules, they lay more empasis on the game itself, while in Yugioh the overall story was more important. In GX you've got not a real straight plot.

-Mugen-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I used to like the original pokemon,but the one now is totally crap.I loved watching Yu-gi-oh but it became too boring in the end.The same things happened over and over again.So I started watching the GX series and it was awsome.And about the 5D series *runs to the bathroom and vomets*xd

But yeah.....the good old yugi and ash..........are gone forever T_T

~Hasashi~

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Belgium

That's a feature of all Yugioh series. You can't make them win constantly in one-hit KO. I mean Kaiba once screwed over two of those Rare Hunters instantly with his Obelisk the Thormantor. They said they let them win, but what the hell could they have done to avoid that ._.

When Yugi beat Weevil (the bugboy), he did it with combining his Summoned Skull and some water card as the Skull uses a lightning attack, but I have that card (I have some xd) and it doesn't have any indication of having a lightning attack. Makes no sense.

GX really goes according to the rules, they lay more empasis on the game itself, while in Yugioh the overall story was more important. In GX you've got not a real straight plot.
i think i still have like 100$ worth of yu gi cards somewhere xD

and yeah i remember that xD kaiba cheats then too he automatically summons it with no sacrifices

abriged series would have said ''screw the rules i have money''

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Belgium

I think Pokemon airs at 7 A.M. on Saturdays but no one gets up that early. :|

That is true, they will NEVER air the old episodes again. And I fell bad that they won't. Though episodes are the classics of Americanized anime along with original Yugioh and DBZ. New episodes are okay but compared to old ones and new crap stealing ideas, they seem worse.

Hmmm... I like 5D's much more that GX, Gx was a bunch of bullshit. The main character equals as the comic relief, bullshit. Why the hell did Chazz have a crush on Alexis when there was no chance, bullshit. Rip off the Egyptian gods, bullshit. Yugi, was going to give his deck away, BULLSHIT.

5D's seems much more like the real Yugioh and I prefer the old school way so it could be why I HATED GX. 5D's isn't dull, it has that mystery element that Yugioh had, though the speed dual is bullshit. But the motorcycles are awesome.

Abridged series is epic, but I stopped watching it in respect for the original Yugioh.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Listen to the first 5 and tell me you can't help but feel sad and sing along. Then listen to rest and throw up with disgust. As soon as Misty left it became bad.

Anyone remember this scene, crys.

Remember this song for movie 1. Actually the entire movie 1 soundtrack would make you cry if you watched the movie. :(

Kawagiri

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
it wasn't OTK it was a long drawn out fight... just he took a stupid risk... any normal person would have countered it XD

also used to play... built a kick ass level 2 normal monster deck XD
(used it on games for ds, beats many decks even those with god cards...)

Gatsndshanks

Legendary
Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i still like pokemon and yugioh O_O i don't watch the anime much anymore but i still play the games when i have the chance lol

the newer series of pokemon is just -_- i don't have the words to explain it and i haven't seen 5D's but i've heard its crap so im not gonna give it a chance. Back in the day, it was the best xD get up in the morning, before you go to school, just watch a bit of pokemon and yugioh. *_*

I liked the GX series actually, cause it was aired for a bit here in England although i mainly wanted to watch it to see alexis o_O her boobs are outta' this world xD lmao and as i said, the games are alright although the ones that dont revolve around the game rules or story are suckish, i've had bought some yugioh games for Ps2 and gamecube which had nothing to do with cards O_O'' the best yugioh game ive played is Duel academy for GBA.

Seblax

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i still like pokemon and yugioh O_O i don't watch the anime much anymore but i still play the games when i have the chance lol

the newer series of pokemon is just -_- i don't have the words to explain it and i haven't seen 5D's but i've heard its crap so im not gonna give it a chance. Back in the day, it was the best xD get up in the morning, before you go to school, just watch a bit of pokemon and yugioh. *_*

I liked the GX series actually, cause it was aired for a bit here in England although i mainly wanted to watch it to see alexis o_O her boobs are outta' this world xD lmao and as i said, the games are alright although the ones that dont revolve around the game rules or story are suckish, i've had bought some yugioh games for Ps2 and gamecube which had nothing to do with cards O_O'' the best yugioh game ive played is Duel academy for GBA.
They transformed it into a ps2 game here and sale it O_O
seriously it happened O_O but since the ps2 cds are sold in a dollar and a half here, you can even buy games that you never play xd.

on-topic: I used to watch the pokemon when i was 5 years old, then it once stopped airing in season two i believe, then Yu-gi-oh started so it took me off for sometime, and in the six grade they got it back to air and i watched it, but Arabic Dub makes it sound so childish and unwatchable so i stopped.

When i went to Romania last year, I watched the kids channel most of the time O_O, because i wasn't ale to speak Romanian correctly and I didn't have another thing to do then that U_U, they aired Pokeman: Daimond and pearl as i can remember and one of its movies about a pokemon that grow to be a flying dog O_O.