Plot Twist? The AKIMICHI are the SMARTEST in the Leaf?

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anyone who has played the Final Fantasy series of games knows of how powerful the Mini spell and how terrible the Mini status is. So with the ability of the Akimichi clan to effectively cast Mini on everyone else by enlargening, why are they not taken more seriously?

At least in battle. And not only by the fandom, but even with the favourable evidence I plan to put forward, also in the story.

The reason I see this as an injustice is because their technique does not merely stretch them out, but properly grows them. See, when you stretch out a balloon, it does not gain any qualities. In fact, the stretching out makes its layer thinner and easier to pop. If this were the case with the Akimichi, then the collective force of building-sized winds on the durability of a normal body would tear them to shreds and freeze them out in seconds! Yet as we have been shown, they can withstand forces upon their enlarged bodies fitting what creatures of that natural size should be able to. Choji could simply never have been able to survive the reverberations of striking the TEN TAILED BEAST WITH ENOUGH FORCE TO PUSH IT BACK if he still had the durability of a normal person, even a shinobi. This is fitting with regards to the setup for their techniques - eating a lot. Their technique is not mere shape manipulation, but proper growth.

Nonetheless, with shinobi having a myriad of techniques, what is simply being a giant worth? The easiest and most 'impactful' way to demonstrate this is with a thought exercise, I think. Imagine you had to fight Orchimaru! He would decimate, by scaling, you so hard and so fast you would not have the luxury of lamenting your on-coming doom. Now, let us say this Orochimaru was the size of an ant. Well, I suppose his smaller size would make his speed advantage even greater, but on his own end he would now have to toss put some energy techniques in order to properly damage you. The size issue alone would force an extremely powerful fictional being to expand effort in order to defeat you (the Longsword would extend to chop you up). Imagine a Naruto shinobi actually having to use techniques to defeat a normal person! That is how much of a difference size makes!

And what of techniques that counter size differences? For that point, one would have to bring up some of the leading figures of the story using some of their best powers, such as Itachi with the Black Flames, the Sannin with their summons and the Akatsuki with their ultimates. That should surely count as credit to the Akimichi more than anything else. Certainly relative to how much respect they normally get. Even besides that, every technique has counters. And if your counters require names like the aforementioned . . .

That is just with a normal person. With the Akimichi being shinobi themselves, they carry the scaling that comes with the Naruto world to properly make it a case of a normal shinobi being powered to the extent of their growth. Again, this is not mere shape manipulation, but proper growth. With Choji already being highly durable in his normal form, one simply has to ask the question of how many times larger Choji is at full size compared to normal size to then conclude that that is how many times more powerful he has become from size increase alone. That is, mind you, excluding his usage of the energy boost his clan uses, which from his fight with Jirobo can easily be seen as a multifold boost in power. From rough memory, it seems very safe to use a low estimate of a 10 times increase in size and therefore power. With someone like Choji already being 2 or 3 more durable than notable names like Kakashi in normal form, his increased size makes him 30 or so times more durable at least. At that point, even counters such as the Black Flames and summons are being threatened by brutality. And of course, some non-counter special techniques are made a mockery of, as I plan to later show.

My arguement also seems to fit evidence from our various sources. The databooks tell us that in the 3rd War, Choza was considered the best war potential that the Leaf had. Mind you, this was at a time of Minato with his summons, the 3rd HK with his own summon and myriad of techniques, an 8 Gates user who could open all 8, the Anbu with their team formations and so on, in the largest and most varied of the great villages. That is massive! Within the story, we saw Choji immediately exclaim that he would settle the battle against the homonculi army and the reanimations by using his full size. In fact, closer to the durability point, we saw Choza easily handle a tail of the nine-tailed energy cloak that is normally toxic and induces immediate damage even to Orochimaru and Sakura. For clearer scaling, although I would rather not use this case, we saw Choji go from losing to normal Jirobo to beating a CM lvl1 version of Jirobo, which was stated as 10 times stronger than his normal form, simply by using his full size. So clearly the Akimichi are gaining a lot of power from their growth.

Oh, I forgot to include that they wear armour and use weapons that also grow with them, but that is on the same line as their energy enhanced mode, so I will only properly apply it later.

That said, what of the title? Before I fulfill that, let me show the practical application of this theory.

Before I begin with that, let me complete the weapons point. I am not quite sure how it works, seeing as you do not feed inanimate objects, but we have seen their armour and weapons grow with them and get the same growth benefits. If that was not the case, then the durability of a normal staff would not at all allow it to clear forests of trees. So that much is clear enough, to me.

So what the Akimichi have is the following:
• Firstly, a growth technique that immensely multiplies related stats like strength and durability

• Secondly, an enhanced energy form, "Butterfly Mode", that also delivers a multifold power boost
• Thirdly, weapons and armour (although I doubt it would work with naturally occuring objects like stones) that grow in size and quality along with them
• Most importantly, that all 3 of the above can work simultaneously

With that settled, onto the practical applications.

Firstly, let us deal with the counters. The armour very easily deals with the Black Flames. We have seen normal armour prove sufficient for keeping them at bay. With his size, Choji could not only take it off but even weaponize it to crush the caster (assuming no other powers, of course) with a flaming giant wall. Then the summons are contested with general shinobi skills and the power boost of his enhanced energy form. Even if he ultimately lost to them, that would simply be a case of an opponent being a better version of him. It would not disprove his style being powerful. Then there are such things as poison. Well, it would take a long time to go through such a large blood stream. It may even simply evaporate on his skin or be blown away by wind even before it goes deep. Hidan would have more blood available and could tank infinite hits, but his scythe may not even cut deep enough to draw blood. Hiding and such strategies are cleared out by his weapons. Being impervious to physical attacks, such as with Konan and Suigetsu, should nullify his powers (assuming Choji does not have any basic element he can supersize and shoot out quickly) but the opponent will still have a tougher time dealing him damage than with normal sized opponents. Something like Particle Style should have an easier time targetting him, but such techniques usually have range limits and a giant can easily jump away as seen from Gamakichi during the 4th War. As for his struggles with Jirobo, that is simply a case of dealing with a version of his own powers. It should be credit if it takes your own kind to make you struggle.

Then for other techniques. There are two types of elemental attacks - those that a small and potent and those that are large and tactical. The first is easily dealt with by size. A technique such as Chidori is useless as it will barely dent his skin (although in the story, the author would probably have Sasuke achieve some sort of pressure point strike to win while Choji just stands still like an idiot). The same applies Asuma with Hien - it would be a scratch at worst. As for the latter, these are good for clearing out fodder and controlling opponent movement. Well, his size and armour growth mean that Choji is no fodder while his power boost makes him difficult to control. Techniques such as Atsugai would come at him like a basic blast of wind without the potency to do damage. A shower of puppets from Sasori would only do minor cuts while Choji goes for the main body. The same would apply for most physical attacks. They would struggle to get past his boosted armour alone. As for illusions, any opponent would struggle to filter enough composite energy into his brain to overpower that flowing through already, especially when he can probably reach them with a single leap.

That covers his defences. What of offense? Who could he defeat?

Well, physically impervious opponents do indeed hard counter Akimichi. However, if they can enlarge explosive tags as well, then they could unleash a volley before someone like Konan splits up. Besides those, any opponent without special defences is crushed by weapons or even a volley of boulders. Those who do have strong defences can potentially be punted out of the bounds. Finally, an ultimate move for an Akimichi would be to leap into the air and land with a smash hit to cause an earthquake.

So with such powers, why do the Akimichi not seem to get much credit as fighters? Is there something holding them back or are they simply not cool enough?

Finally, to attend to the title. The first thing to note is that Naruto accounting for the spiritual aspect of life does create the possibility that such parts as the brain are not affected by physical process alone. Certainly, we have seen various characters defy biology such as Tsunade moving with a broken spine. That said, those were special characters and there is no guarantee that a composite energy growth technique would not affect the spirit as well. Even supposing the worst, we have seen that the physical brain is affected via the Raikage and their lightning cloaks, which also speed up perception and processing speed.

At the very least, what that tells us is that an Akimichi, with a literally bigger brain, should be able to contain more data within it, even if the quality of said data is the same. This should make them excellent of memory related functions. Indirectly, they could also speed up their brains due to having the same amount of thoughts now contained in a bigger processing unit - less congestion. This is, again, only accounting for bigger physical brains. If we assume that they have a bigger spirit as well, then they have a bigger case.

What say you? Should their physically bigger brains be enough to make them some of the smartest in the series, in some field (like memory) or the other? What if we assume their growth technique works on their spiritsas well?

Reactions: Yin

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay, so I like where this is going. However let me clarify that if you were to base this off of any logic in real life implications, your brain is not like a storage bin. Just because someone’s brain is bigger does not mean it holds more memory or more information. If anything it’s going to do the exact opposite and you probably have a higher chance of dying due to medical implications. So to try to apply the logic that if their brain grows bigger along with them that it retains more information is really not a good path to go down for an argument like that. As we have seen in Naruto that the human brain works just like normal so with that in mind, their brain getting enlarged would probably and simply just kill them if anything. Not make them smarter or retain more information as that simply isn’t how the brain works. That’s the only thing I want to give input on at this time. I like the rest.

• Wow
Reactions: Yin

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay, so I like where this is going. However let me clarify that if you were to base this off of any logic in real life implications, your brain is not like a storage bin. Just because someone’s brain is bigger does not mean it holds more memory or more information. If anything it’s going to do the exact opposite and you probably have a higher chance of dying due to medical implications. So to try to apply the logic that if their brain grows bigger along with them that it retains more information is really not a good path to go down for an argument like that. As we have seen in Naruto that the human brain works just like normal so with that in mind, their brain getting enlarged would probably and simply just kill them if anything. Not make them smarter or retain more information as that simply isn’t how the brain works. That’s the only thing I want to give input on at this time. I like the rest.
Why complications?

Keep in mind the rest of the body (if not spirit as well) grows in proportion.