chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
129๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Jesus would take that. With his elbow he would smash Pica stone statue or not.
I agree Burgess would be able to break the stones fairly easy but how about his haki? It clashed with Sabo's which is a pretty nice showcase but you think it's stronger than FBH? Is FBH even still consdered an example of really strong haki or have we moved on from that consensus? Technically no high ups have shown FBH yet just underlings so maybe it's not all that special either.

How about the knife is that in play? There's a good theory around that the knife Burgess had can help take DF's(don't remember if that was proven impossible or not yet)

Anyway long story; Burgess would probably win.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I agree Burgess would be able to break the stones fairly easy but how about his haki? It clashed with Sabo's which is a pretty nice showcase but you think it's stronger than FBH? Is FBH even still consdered an example of really strong haki or have we moved on from that consensus? Technically no high ups have shown FBH yet just underlings so maybe it's not all that special either.

How about the knife is that in play? There's a good theory around that the knife Burgess had can help take DF's(don't remember if that was proven impossible or not yet)

Anyway long story; Burgess would probably win.
I think FBH shows a good control over CoA haki at an advanced level. People like vergo and Pica are no pushovers. But as Zoro said it still can be overcome with better haki or as Law showed with a devil fruit.

I think that we only see a certain type of fighter use FBH because it requires a certain fighting style and it also gives it a different look in the manga.

Assuming that Luffy and Doflamingo both can cover their entire body in it, it would make for a weird looking fight if two jet black guys are fighting each other over time. But to coat an occasional limb in it to emphasize on the power of a punch is fine. So far if I'm correct FBH has been used more like a "LOOK AT MY FINAL FORM !!!" thing before they got beaten.

I can't imagine the knife being a thing for DF's, I think that is all Blackbeard's power.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Pica would win, Burgess doesn't have the feats to force Pica out of his golemn
What a joke, the golem was made just out of stone. Every decent One Piece fighter and their mother would be able to force pica out of that thing.

In fact even Zoro succeeded in doing that, and he is the worst person to be doing that for two reasons. The first is that he is not very intelligent and takes his sweet time to discover how the devil fruit works and how to overcome it. The second is that his swords work a bit against him when destroying stone, because they cut the stone clean in 2 parts giving Pica still the room to be in one part or in another. That is why Zoro needed Pica of the ground to prevent the spread within the limbs.

If you look at how Chinjao, the king of Prodence and Luffy destroyed the golem, it leaves nowhere for Pica to run. So if you do that on a larger scale you will force him out anyway.

Burgess displayed in his arena fight that the shockwave coming off his elbow pad when attacking was enough the destroy the stone stands where the crowd was sitting. So imagine if Burgess hit him head on with something like that.

But if you want to think that an endgame yonkou subordinate would lose against a commander of the big bad from last arc you can go ahead. Look at the league these guys were in, one was beaten by Kyros, the other one suicide bombed himself and the other one got swiped left by Law as soon as he had his heart.

ToshiZO

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
What a joke, the golem was made just out of stone. Every decent One Piece fighter and their mother would be able to force pica out of that thing.

In fact even Zoro succeeded in doing that, and he is the worst person to be doing that for two reasons. The first is that he is not very intelligent and takes his sweet time to discover how the devil fruit works and how to overcome it. The second is that his swords work a bit against him when destroying stone, because they cut the stone clean in 2 parts giving Pica still the room to be in one part or in another. That is why Zoro needed Pica of the ground to prevent the spread within the limbs.

If you look at how Chinjao, the king of Prodence and Luffy destroyed the golem, it leaves nowhere for Pica to run. So if you do that on a larger scale you will force him out anyway.

Burgess displayed in his arena fight that the shockwave coming off his elbow pad when attacking was enough the destroy the stone stands where the crowd was sitting. So imagine if Burgess hit him head on with something like that.

But if you want to think that an endgame yonkou subordinate would lose against a commander of the big bad from last arc you can go ahead. Look at the league these guys were in, one was beaten by Kyros, the other one suicide bombed himself and the other one got swiped left by Law as soon as he had his heart.
What in the **** are you talking about? Do you realize what it took to take Pica out of his golemn?
You must be registered for see images

Yea remind me where Burgess has a feat on this level...He can't do jack shit to Pica.

Reactions: SixPathsMike101

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
Unless burgess somehow has enough strength to completely shatter an entire city in a single blow (he doesnt), he isnt getting Pica out of his giant golem mode. Pica is just Hax like that, anyone who cannot neatly slice massive amounts of stone is just about ****ed.

SixPathsMike101

Regular
Kin
55๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
3๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
Unless burgess somehow has enough strength to completely shatter an entire city in a single blow (he doesnt), he isnt getting Pica out of his giant golem mode. Pica is just Hax like that, anyone who cannot neatly slice massive amounts of stone is just about ****ed.
Smash or shatter, but your right

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
What in the **** are you talking about? Do you realize what it took to take Pica out of his golemn?

Yea remind me where Burgess has a feat on this level...He can't do jack shit to Pica.
Are you dense ?

I explained in full detail why that is the least efficient way to force Pica out, because Zoro is badly equipped to do so.

By cutting Pica in half you still have the complete statue left but in two parts, slicing it is the worst way to force Pica out. Reducing it to rubble is far more effective.

Jesus already shown in the Colosseum that the shockwave of his punches are enough to blow the stone stands away, by hitting the golem directly he can crumble it limb for limb just like Zoro did.

Also forcing him out is one way to do it, if Burgess is a better user of CoO he could pin point Pica easier than Zoro did. There are multiple ways to victory, and Zoro took a very complicated one because he lacks skill and had to solve his shortcomings with strength.

But again, if you want to believe that a Doffy underling is stronger that a Yonkou underling, be my guest. But for every chapter this manga continues Pica becomes less relevant and Jesus will still play an important part in it. And a couple arcs from now people will ridicule the idea of Pica vs Burgess because it is an unfair fight.

You can be on the wrong side of the argument, and Oda will bring you there himself.

RJ22BIG

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Are you dense ?

I explained in full detail why that is the least efficient way to force Pica out, because Zoro is badly equipped to do so.

By cutting Pica in half you still have the complete statue left but in two parts, slicing it is the worst way to force Pica out. Reducing it to rubble is far more effective.

Jesus already shown in the Colosseum that the shockwave of his punches are enough to blow the stone stands away, by hitting the golem directly he can crumble it limb for limb just like Zoro did.

Also forcing him out is one way to do it, if Burgess is a better user of CoO he could pin point Pica easier than Zoro did. There are multiple ways to victory, and Zoro took a very complicated one because he lacks skill and had to solve his shortcomings with strength.

But again, if you want to believe that a Doffy underling is stronger that a Yonkou underling, be my guest. But for every chapter this manga continues Pica becomes less relevant and Jesus will still play an important part in it. And a couple arcs from now people will ridicule the idea of Pica vs Burgess because it is an unfair fight.

You can be on the wrong side of the argument, and Oda will bring you there himself.
Actually you couldn't be more wrong zoro's method was actually the most effective way he even told the king of providence that even if he blew pica away with his king punch pica would just reform. Zoro cut pica in half forcing his upper half upward sealing pica in the air. Then it became a fight against time zoro had until pica hit the ground to finish him off or he would simply reform and his efforts would've been in vain. So in all actually zoro was the best for this fight and you couldn't be more wrong. Burgess has shown anything in the world to be able to either destroy pica's entire golem or force pica into a no way out scenario such as the one zoro forced him into. Pica wins this no question your only picking burgess off hype alone and it's not even much hype at all

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Actually you couldn't be more wrong zoro's method was actually the most effective way he even told the king of providence that even if he blew pica away with his king punch pica would just reform. Zoro cut pica in half forcing his upper half upward sealing pica in the air. Then it became a fight against time zoro had until pica hit the ground to finish him off or he would simply reform and his efforts would've been in vain. So in all actually zoro was the best for this fight and you couldn't be more wrong. Burgess has shown anything in the world to be able to either destroy pica's entire golem or force pica into a no way out scenario such as the one zoro forced him into. Pica wins this no question your only picking burgess off hype alone and it's not even much hype at all
No I'm not wrong because that only is the case as long as he has contact to the rest of his stone and the regeneration of the stone is not instant as well. If Jesus would hit him on crucial points like at the shoulders or legs he would be able to collapse big parts of the structure at the thinnest points.

Look how Pica was left without an arm or an head for quite a while when the king took it out. The problem with the king is that he needs a long time to wind up his punch. That is plenty of time to reform, that is time Burgess doesn't need.

The sword is still the most inefficient way because it leaves the biggest hiding space for Pica, there is no arguing that. It's just common sense.

If you think Burgess is unable to destroy large quantities of stone at once at this point in the manga you're just oblivious to the fact crushing stone is feat that wasn't impressive anymore since the second arc in One Piece.

How are you ever going to discuss a match up if you're basing yourself 100% on the things you've seen. Burgess doesn't play a big role, but he still is a yonkou commander. You might expect him to be able te reproduce attacks on the scale Zoro and Luffy performed pretty effortless.

Or are you saying that 1 gear third punch is enough to beat Burgess ?

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
That city lvl Galleon Lariat.

He split a building in two :lmao:
That is collateral damage, he was aiming for Sabo.

Also Toshi, when you're done liking and disliking other people's posts how about you find some words to back up your own posts instead of having other people do it for you. You're like a bro who starts a fight and counts on his friends to hold you back or else...

Toshi's way of an argument is disagreeing with someone in one sentence without arguments and then piss off because you don't have that good of an argument anyways. Like I said in a different thread. A shitty instigator.

RJ22BIG

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
No I'm not wrong because that only is the case as long as he has contact to the rest of his stone and the regeneration of the stone is not instant as well. If Jesus would hit him on crucial points like at the shoulders or legs he would be able to collapse big parts of the structure at the thinnest points.

Look how Pica was left without an arm or an head for quite a while when the king took it out. The problem with the king is that he needs a long time to wind up his punch. That is plenty of time to reform, that is time Burgess doesn't need.

The sword is still the most inefficient way because it leaves the biggest hiding space for Pica, there is no arguing that. It's just common sense.

If you think Burgess is unable to destroy large quantities of stone at once at this point in the manga you're just oblivious to the fact crushing stone is feat that wasn't impressive anymore since the second arc in One Piece.

How are you ever going to discuss a match up if you're basing yourself 100% on the things you've seen. Burgess doesn't play a big role, but he still is a yonkou commander. You might expect him to be able te reproduce attacks on the scale Zoro and Luffy performed pretty effortless.

Or are you saying that 1 gear third punch is enough to beat Burgess ?
I agree hitting crucial parts to chop down the golem does make perfect sense I will have to admit defeat on this one and go with burgess over pica now. But saying that the sword was ineffective or least effective is not true after cutting pica in half zoro started cutting his upper half into sections which means in theory zoro could've just sliced his upper half into peices vertually in no time at all. But fair enough if those methods were used I could see burgess besting pica probably mid to high diff.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I agree hitting crucial parts to chop down the golem does make perfect sense I will have to admit defeat on this one and go with burgess over pica now. But saying that the sword was ineffective or least effective is not true after cutting pica in half zoro started cutting his upper half into sections which means in theory zoro could've just sliced his upper half into peices vertually in no time at all. But fair enough if those methods were used I could see burgess besting pica probably mid to high diff.
Since most of this thread is speculation I think this is the closest we're going to get to an agreement. What you say about Zoro is true, but that only works as long as you can prevent the intact pieces from touching each other again. And Zoro did that pretty smart.