Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Phanagoria

Located on the southwestern corner of Nagi Island, Phanagoria has been transformed into a small fortress for a dozen Asag Arali that have taken residence. The island is home to much of the fauna and flora that has spread from Enkidu's terraforming in Theodoro. It is home to the ruins of the Modoroki Shrine, a long-abandoned temple complex of impressive scale and architecture. Today, the ruins have been further devastated by Abzu's cataclysm, with much of the underground tunnels destroyed and caved in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mudo

Immortal
Kin
355💸
Kumi
11,278💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Arriving from

The shores of Phanagoria were a pleasant introduction to the lush forest that seemed to call at Jack, who disembarked from the ship and, after gathering his provisions, moved further ahead into the landscape.

Leaving landmark.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Awards
Coming from [x]
  • Spy on an important target and remain undetected
  • Capture an important target
You must be registered for see medias

Alucard and Mega Blaziken arrives at yet another uncharted part of the world, continuing their march through the huge peninsula in the water country. This land seemed to be an ideal location too, just like the Feodosia. Relentlessly spared from the troubles of the world such as the Mother Cult. The roads where many and lead to different small villages, however something that woke the attention of Alucard was the sacred shrine of Modoroki, a fabled holy cradle for The Hunt. He did not know where this shrine was and thus seeked out information about it from the local hunters. However upon asking them about the shrine there was an undertone of worry and the word was that there had been a stranger watching over the shrine after the latest caretaker of it had disappeared under mysterious circumstances. This stranger has been rejecting visitors from coming to the shrine, even families that have been worshiping it for generations. After having given the location of the shrine, Alucard would head there while his pokémon would remain with one of the hunter families wanting to practice the arts. Alucard welcomed that idea and headed on alone. The lush landscape with the many trees surrounding the cobblestone path made for a perfect setting with the sun in the middle of the sky. After having walked for about an hour, Alucard would pick up chakra signatures through his Tenseigan. Alucard decided to approach the shrine until he eventually met up with the new caretaker, who he noticed had an odd chakra signature as if she had an inherit kekkei genkai or other blood line limit. The stranger approached Alucard with a careful but steady pace.

Leave this sacred place o'wanderer mine.

I was under the impression i am allowed to walk wherever i want. And so where the people who's lived here for generations but them you also rejected of their worship. May i ask why?

Ugh, so they sent a patron in their stead. How adorable. My name is Hircine, lord of the hunt and i am what you call a "Daedric Prince". My knowledge already spans of that you have been under the influence of one of my kinsmen.. Molag Bal?

..What does a Daedric Prince want with a shrine?

..I hate to say it but in my case it's a cause of jealousy. I was once worshipped, millenias ago as the lord of the Hunt. Not anymore, nobody recognizes me.

..So you want worship from people you constantly reject?

They're not ready. I am not ready, this shrine is being worked by my spell to transform into that of a shrine of Hircine and before you ask, i will not let you intervene with my plan.

..You're weird as ****. I like it, i'll be seeing you.

You won't, now scoff of with you.

Alucard went back towards the village where his pokémon had been staying for the day and learning about hunting. He would be speaking to the village people about his contact with the stranger. He did however leave out the details of the Daedric cult and princes. His plan was now to capture this prince(ss?) and find out more about the Daedric heritage. He was very interested in it since his last confrontation with Molag Bal was.. intimate.. As the night started to fall on the land, Alucard would leave the village only to go back to the shrine once again but this time he would sneak up on Hircine in order to learn something that she might've been hiding..

Blazie, you stay here, i will.. go on a walk.

..Blaaazeee..

..Yes, good job killing a racoon. I guess..

Alucard left the village and cloaked himself in a camoflauge technique that would make his entire body seamlessly melt in with the surroundings and turn him into something of a ghost.

(Meisaigakure no Jutsu) - Hiding with Camouflage Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 30 (-10 per turn active)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: This is a ninja escape technique that allows the user after performing the Tiger hand seal to control how light is reflected around their body with chakra inflections. The technique also erases the user's scent and shadow, and is usable on any terrain, making it ideal not only for covert maneuvers but also offensive strikes. Perceiving the user's position is possible only for ninja who are astute enough to observe minute variations within their surrounding environment, such as distortions of air currents in the immediate vicinity or distinguishing sounds, i.e. footsteps etc. However, the usefulness of this ability can be entirely negated by those with special vision or sensory skills. The Second Tsuchikage, Mū's mastery of this technique helped earn him the moniker "Non-Person" seemingly having neither form nor chakra while the technique was active. Thus, he could not be sensed through traditional means.
Note: Technique lasts a total of 3 turns

With the technique activated, Alucard might have become invisible, but he wasn't sound-proof plus his breathing would also make ambient noice that would be able to reveal his location despite being invisible. He had to keep all of that in mind as he snuck up on the wayshrine and again he noticed the biologically unique chakra trails within Hircine who was sitting there in a trance position, whispering to herself as if uttering a prayer. Alucard was eavesdropping on her from behind a tree in a 10 meter viscinity. He held his hand above his mouth acting as a silence filter to make sure his breathing was as silent as possible. He sat himself down and looked towards Hircine. After a while of listening to noting but gibberish, Hircine would project five other beings into separate light sources all surrounding the shrine. It was like a hologram technique or something similar to it.

(Debari no Jutsu) - Astral Projection
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 20
Damage: N/A
Description: By forming the needed hand seals, a distorted astral form of the ninja's being will appear at any desired location. This spirit is not tangible but still allows the user to perform jutsu that would not require creating a tangible body to perform. While in the spirit form, the ninja's voice will also sound deep and distorted. While the technique is active, the real body remains inactive in a meditative state.

Note: Must be taught this jutsu by an Akatsuki Character or Members of the Akatsuki Usergroup

My siblings, thanks for joining. - (Hircine)

Any news on the.. project? - (Sanguine)

It's safe to say that the Tiamat cult aren't making things easy for our operatives. I've been struggling even getting followers now to carry out my name. - (Meridia)

My actions speaks for my impatience. I slaughter people who are unfaithful. - (Dagon)

Ahhahha yer shouldn't ave dan that. Tarn them inta goats insted, that'll teach'em - (Sheogorath)

Ugh.. - (Dagon)

Ah, Sheogorath, the Daedric prince of madness. Remind me again why he's with us on this project? - (Meridia)

Family, focus. We're not going anywhere with this. It's time for action now, and not the murdering kind or the.. goat turning either. One day you will restore the apocalypse by bringing him back to this realm. - (Sanguine)

This is not even our realm. Why do we bother with it. - (Meridia)

Because its not in ours that they exist now is it lass. - (Sheogorath)

Family! ..
We have to get to the matters in hand. The tailed beasts, any whereabouts? - (Sanguine)

No. - (Meridia)

No. - (Hircine)

Nay. - (Sheogorath)

Bah.. - (Dagon)

Utter failure then. I trust all of you to continue the scouting. Take care of yourselves. In a fortnight we may speak again of your progress.

*click*

Hircine ended the projection and wandered around the shrine in solitude. Alucard had taken notes of their conversation and was highly interested in their quest for the tailed beasts, something he was interested in too but he wasn't going to be able to side with ancient deities who murdered people or turned them into goats. Alucards technique would end and he revealed himself walking up to Hircine who took a fighting stance immediately on his approach.

What in the hell are you doing here at a time like this?

I was here for information, and i got it. You and me have a goal in common, except our methods are different.

I will cease your life, mortal.

..Mortal... That's cute.

What are you?

Your closest ally.

Don't make me laugh.

Hircine would storm toward Alucard after having summoned a wolf by her side and with her chakra revealing her true power. Her mood was to say, pissed. Her body transformed into that of a huge wolf as if her body and the summoned wolf would merge into one being with two heads.

(Jinjū Konbi Henge: Sōtōrō ) - Human Beast Combination Transformation: Double-Headed Wolf
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: N/A
Description: A Combination Transformation where man and beast become a single entity. It is a specialty of the Inuzuka clan, a clan that has been walking side by side with ninken for generations. They coalesce into a bicephalous wolf, thus drastically increasing their power. In their direct attacks, they demonstrate great efficiency. Furthermore, using techniques in addition to this gives birth to an extraordinary power of destruction.
NOTE:Must be a member of the Inuzuka Clan.

Huh, werewolf.. How interesting. Let's dance.

Alucard would use his Shikotsumyaku chakra to grow spikes all across his body to act as a porcupine defense, however the bones would not penetrate the tough skin of the wolf and Hircine would bite off the spikes with relative ease and toss Alucard into a tree which such force that it would break the tree in half and having the tree fall over and land upon the shrine which stayed unscathed even after such impact. Alucard rose up from the dust.

You must be registered for see images

His goal now was to capture Hircine without killing her off. If she even could be killed.

Come on now my princess

Hircine would dive into the roots of the tree where Alucard was. Her massive fangs and claws would crack up his skin as she carved through it seeking his death. Alucard on the other hand would not feel the pain and instead focused on slapping a seal on her forehead while his medallion would repel her actions ever so slightly. After some time of being carved up by the Daedric princess, Alucard looked up as her movements had ceased completely. She was now under his control.

(Juuinjutsu: Kugutsu no Noroi) Cursed Seal: Puppet Curse
Range: Short (Short-Long on activation)
Chakra: N/A (70 to place the mark, 70 per turn to control)
Description:
Hiruko uses this technique to take control of people. It can be activated long after the technique is first applied. The appearance, once activated (which requires the confrontation hand seal), is a red eye with another circle in it resembling the pupil, with four lines stemming from the upper line of the eye and two big thick lines stemming from the side of the eye. This power seems to control the minds of others as it appeared on Kakashi's forehead, vanished, then took control over his body. The eyes of the person who get caught by this technique turn red while they are being controlled. The technique works in a manner similar to controlling a puppet; using hand motions to guide the target to its destination. To apply the technique, the user must have physical contact with the opponent in order to place the curse seal. Once placed, it takes 2 turns to be able to activated but once activated it cannot be broken.
Note: Can only be used once per battle and only by Hiruko bios
Note: Cannot control Jinchurikis.

Even though his body was almost completely torn apart, Alucard would rise up and see to his body being healed passively thanks to his dead bone pulse kekkei genkai. He would remove Hircine from the shrine using his control over her and head back towards the village where he snapped up Blaziken without alerting the locals. With Hircine and Blaziken, Alucard left the landmark.

LLM.

Last edited:

Excision

Elite
Kin
714💸
Kumi
6,473💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Spawning this bio Here https://animebase.me/threads/shuji-hyuuga.782234/

Mission Elements-
Set up camp(D rank)
Defend yourself from Wild Animals(C rank)

The gentle clashing of waves on the sandy shore was boring holes in Shujis skull. A hot sun was also cooking his back, as he slowly rolled over, groaning the entire time until he was laying face up, staring into the red hot sky. His head throbbing, Shuji propped himself up on his elbows, blinking rapidly as his head spun from a hangover. Reaching into his satchel, Shujis pulled out a small gourd of water, drinking heavily from the gourd until his throat finally felt like it could breath again. Internally, Shuji thought to himself "God i am never drinking again" but even as the thoughts came into his head, he knew it was a lie, as he glanced around for his gourd of Sake, which was just barely on the shore being caressed by the waves. Around the gourd, smashed pieces of debris, a ripped mast and tattered sails lay around in carnage, Shuji just now coming to and realizing what occured.

"Urrg...whose brilliant idea was it to set sail in the dead of night after 2 gourds of sake...Of coarse it was yours Shuji, and with your luck, as if you where ever going to make it to port...damned idiot." Shuji was talking out loud to himself, as he slowly stood up, his world spinning from the night before. Assessing the damage, it was clear, there was nothing left of the small boat Shujihad...somewhat illegally acquired in his inebriated state. Strolling over to his gourd of sake, Shuji pick it up, popping the cork and taking a long drink,"GAH, thats good stuff" Shuji muttered, wiping his top lip with his forearm, before putting the cork back on and tying the gourd to his belt. Now hydrated, and somewhat liquored up, Shuji looked around his surroudings. From the beach, a thick treeline spread, where wildlife could be hear even over the crashing of the waves. That was somewhat a good sign, at least Shuji hadn't landed on some desolate shit hole with nothing but sand and misery to greet him, the green tree leaves where almost comforting.

Even though the sun was beating down hard, Shuji knew it wasnt long before sunset, and getting prepared for the night was ideal. Gathering up smashed debris from the boat, Shuji began walking it up to the tree line, where the sand met the soil, the perfect place for a campfire. Luckily, from an early age, Shuji had been trained in multiple elemental jutsu, so lighting a fire was no real task, chuckling to himself"One shinobi style fire coming right up"thrusting his fist forward, while channeling his Fire release chakra, Shuji shot forward a small fireball, igniting the debris on contact and causing the wood to roar to life. The heat from the flame, even though the sun was out, was a different kind of warmth, which made Shuji want another drink, pouring himself a small cup of sake, rewarding himself for his hard work.
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: The user will release a small but powerful flame of fire at their opponent from either their limbs (through movement) or exhaling it. It can produce fire balls or fire streams or simply aid in taijutsu.

With the fire ready, Shuji walked down the beach a little, to a small out crop of rocks, glancing around briefly, trying to find a rock with the flattest surface. After a little looking, Shuji found a good size rock, which wasn't too heavy, and propped it up on his shoulder, walking back to the fire, and setting it down an ample distance from the fire, before sitting down, staring into the flames. Rapidly, the sun began to set, and as quick as the light was there, the beach was plummeted into darkness. It seemed the moon was sleeping, as only the stars lit the sky, and the small fire Shuji had going. Prodding the fire with a stray twig, Shuji had another sip of his sake, which he was running dangerously low on"Damn, only a few days left at most if im conservative, i need to find a town sooner rather than later" As Shuji spoke, a ruffling in the distance drew his attention. With a few handseals, Shuji activated his Byakugan, mostly on instinct.
Chakra: 15 (+5 per turn to keep active)
Description: The kekkei genkai intrinsic to both the Hyūga and Ōtsutsuki clans—descendants of Kaguya Ōtsutsuki. Those who possess this dōjutsu have it manifested as eyes with featureless white irides and no visible pupils. And when activated, the pupils become more distinct and the veins near their temples bulge. To activate the dōjutsu, Hyuga but not Ōtsutsuki clan members are initially obliged to use a rather long and specific sequence of handseals: Horse → Tiger → Boar → Hare → Rat → Dog → Horse → Dog → Hare → Rat → Boar → Snake. But once activated, the dōjutsu user is endowed with a range of skills.

To start, an activated Byakugan gives the user a near 360º diameter field of vision bar one blind spot at the back of the neck, above the first thoracic vertebra. Its vision can penetrate through any solid objects or obstructions, and likewise remains unaffected by blinding interferences. But that being said, certain barriers and the like may distort its perception. In addition, it is able to follow high-speed movements, which enables those with this dōjutsu to analyze their foes' actions and better react to them. The Byakugan is also able to see chakra to a higher degree than the Sharingan and ergo, identify where a person's chakra signature originates from. Beyond that, it can discern certain types of clones from the real person. And its ability to see chakra is in fact so acute that those who possess this dōjutsu are even able to see the chakra pathway system and the 361 tenketsu that comprise it. The Hyūga clan has gone so far as to develop their unique Gentle Fist style in order to capitalize on this particular ability.

Note: Hyuga clan bios of at least Jonin rank become able to passively activate their dōjutsu upon one month having passed since Gentle Fist training concluded. Ōtsutsuki bios never need to expend a move in order to activate it.
Note: While traversing the NW, bios with activated Byakugan are able to see up to two 2 adjacent landmarks away while those of sage rank can see as far as three away, but this doesn't extend beyond an ocean landmark.

Glancing into the tree line, it dawned on Shuji he was beginning to slip up"Pretty uncharacteristic of me to let myself get surrounded like this, even while hungover, ha" Standing up, Shuji brushed off his pants. In the forest, just behind the tree's, 4 wolves had stalked within striking distance without Shuji even noticing. Walking away from the fire, Shuji headed into the middle of the beach, the sounds of footsteps leering ever closer. Not that it really mattered, Shuji could see them clear as day with his Byakugan, but, Shuji was also pretty dang hungry, and there was enough decent meat on a wolf to get him through a few days worth of eating, he just had to deal with one, and hopefully the rest would flee.

Like clockwork, the quardron broke through the treeline, stalking slowly behind Shuji. He was sure they thought they had the drop on him, as the leader picked up the pace, covering the distance with impressive speed, launching himself at Shuji's shoulder. However, Shuji was ready, and swiftly stepped to the side, pivoting a full 180 degree's to face the other three"Woo there, close but no cigar big guy" Swiftly, the other three followed suit, aiming to take Shuji out. Two circled around, while one leap straight for Shuji's throat. Quickly, Shuji ducked down, as the wold soared over head, with an open palm, Shuji thrust upwards, cracking the wolf in the ribs, a loud Yelp being heard as impact was made. The two who circled closed in on either side of Shuji just as he made contact with the last one, and Shuji swiftly leapt upwards, causing the two wolves to collide with each other"Ooft, that looked like it really hurt huh?"

Landing gracefully on the ground, Shuji watched as the three uninjured wolves looked between themselves and their fallen comrade, who was wimpering on the ground behind them, likely with several broken ribs. Taking a battle stance, Shuji showed he was ready to fight seriously"Last chance to run, iv'e no need for four dead bodies" The wolves glanced amongst themselves, growling and snarling as they did, before charging forwards all at once."Sigh, it didn't have to be like this" As all three leapt forwards, Shuji began expelling chakra from all 361 tenketsu, before pivoting on his front foot, and spinning rapidly, unleashing all the chakra at once in a wall of slashing mass. All three wolves slammed into it, with a bone crunching impact, before being flung away. Just as quickly, Shuji stopped, a small tear trickling down his eye"It didn't have to be like this..."
Type: Defensive/Offensive
Chakra: 10-40
Damage: 20-80
Description: A maneuver that obliges advanced chakra control—achieved via training in the Gentle Fist style—to release varied amounts of chakra from all of the user's 361 tenketsu, simultaneously. And in the midst of doing so, the user proceeds to rapidly spin and thereby, form a rotating shield of chakra with their own person at the epicenter. This functions as a defense to compensate for the Byakugan's blind spot as the released chakra blocks everything in a true 360° range and is able to send those struck by it careening back.

Note: D to C-rank is short-range while each rank thereafter will increase the diameter by 5 meters.

The impact had sent all three in random directions, and with his Byakugan, Shuji could see the internal damage. None of them where likely to survive the night, as the whimpers echo'd along with the waves. Pulling a Kunai, Shuji went over to each wolf, kneeling down and stroking it's head, and driving the kunai across their throats"Forgive me, for taking your life so senselessly, roam free in the world above" As all three bled out, Shuji, with his bare hands, began digging away at the sand, making a large pit in the ground, where he placed three of the four wolves in, a makeshift grave, before burying them once more. Shuji had saved the wolf with the broken ribs, as it had less internal damage than the other three, and would better to cook. Dragging the fourth wolf carcass to his fire, Shuji got to skinning and flaying, rolling up the hide, he was hoping to save it for later, maybe turn it into a cloak at some point. The rest, Shuji sliced up, and began cooking on the fire" Thankyou for the meal i am about to receive" Shuji began to eat the meat, as the forest sounds continued through the night.

Irregular

Kin
592💸
Kumi
3,144💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Spawning here as Dokja
Declaring start of the mission.​

Mission Elements:
Finding purpose in trauma. 4

Mission Summary:
Dokja, who arrived in the shinobi world 10 years ago, struggles with his emotions, his past, his present and his dreams after hitting a wall.
I am alone, here.

“Huuk!” The first thing Dokja saw was light pressing down on his eyes. Once he focused his blurry gaze three, four times, he finally saw the blinding warmth from the sun. Dokja gasped for air and curled his body from the cold that flooded in. He found that he was soaked with cold sweat. “What….” He wiped away the sweat on his forehead, but he couldn’t stop his body from trembling. His mind wasn’t groggy, but clear. However, he couldn’t breathe from the intense emotions swirling inside him. He forced his body up and barely managed to lean against the uncomfortable bed of rocks. Immediately, the sigh he had been suppressing escaped from his mouth. “Ah….” Dokja closed his eyes. A dream. He had a dream. A dream that was a bit, no, a lot different than the dreams he usually had. He felt as if he had personally experienced everything. He even felt all sorts of emotions from the dream. Logically speaking, none of it made sense. The dream was detached from the everyday life he saw and experienced. The sceneries he intermittently witnessed were far removed from the background of the modern world, and he had even fought creatures that clearly were not human. Perhaps, everything was just a silly dream. But, why…? The final scene was stuck in his head. The dying man… was full of regrets. "What a waste..", Dokja thought out loud; almost mockingly to himself who had found himself in the world that was certainly not modern or even familiar, a world that was not his. He had already fought creatures that weren't human, why was he sympathizing so much with the man the dream anyway?

You must be registered for see images

Excerpt from Dojka's background
As a child, Kim Dokja loved to read, a habit that was encouraged by his mother. His father often abused him and his mother. Kim Dokja's school life was no better, as he faced physical abuse and bullying from his classmates. Eventually, things came to a head when Kim Dokja lashed back and killed his own father with a knife. His mother immediately told Kim Dokja a cover-up story, framing herself as the murderer so her son could go free. In order to solidify this as fact, Lee Sookyung (his mother) wrote a bestselling novel about their troubled domestic life and of how she killed her husband. She intended for the revenue made by the book to go to her son, but it instead went to the pockets of his neglectful foster parents. As a result, the novel only made the bullying Kim Dokja faced worse, as he was labeled the "son of a murderer." Eventually he could not handle it anymore and leapt out of his classroom window at age 15, intending to kill himself. He survived the fall but suffered great injuries, eventually landing somewhere that was clearly not his school. When he opened his eyes, he found himself in a strange land of the past, very much unlike his own; with people equipped with superhuman abilities and powers that were only describable in the fictious novels he used to read. While it is unclear to why and how he got there, with his closest guess being the constant rifts in space-time being torn apart by the great beings in the world. And thus, for the past 10 years he has lived, trained and acquired as much knowledge as he could of this situation he is in.​

Regret, remorse, lamentation, and a deep sigh… Even until his life flickered out, these fervent emotions raged inside him. They lingered inside Dokja ringing his heart. Dokja opened his eyes after much struggle and slowly looked around his surroundings. The sunlight felt warm and prickly, yet the breeze was cool and gentle; an air that felt untouched by the people, how very unlike to what he was used to. For some reason, this sight felt surreal. He had arrived in this strange world a decade ago, and yet... how surreal. The gorgeous landscape, untouched lush forests, and the gentle sound of the stream beside him. A splitting migraine suddenly swept over him. He got up almost reflexively and staggered to the closest path of the rivulet. Once he dipped his head in the stream of cold water and submerged his head in it, his mind turned clear. When he couldn’t hold his breath any longer, he raised his head out of the water. His own face reflecting off the gentle, clean stream of water seemed too unfamiliar. His eyes were sunken, and his complexion was pale like a sickly man. "This is… me?" He slowly touched his face as light returned to his eyes. His old face was nowhere to be found, replaced by the face of an impoverished and exhausted mercenary. A mercery of not this world, lacking in guidance and purpose - unable to differentiate reality to dreams, memories to fiction. He felt like he was looking at a dead man. He left the river bank without even wiping off the water dripping from his chin. He put on his now dirty white coat almost angrily and pushed through the trees into his supplies bag. His stomach ached, and he felt like he wouldn’t last much longer if he didn’t shove something down there. He searched rigorously through, but nothing grabbed his attention. He was painfully reminded why he was in that situation. Rather than leaving his house to grab food through hunting around the outskirts of Modoroki Shrine, he had stormed out because he felt he couldn’t stay inside. In the end, he left after picking out a waterskin filled with mead. He began to walk aimlessly until, eventually, he reached the spot just behind the shrine walls, home to more desirable yet dangerous game. It was the place he frequented to lament his luck whenever he lost money gambling with the villagers. He was already here anyway. Dojka twisted open the lid and gulped it down. His stomach seemed to scream, but he didn’t care. "Damn, that passel almost took my life."

As he sat in complete silence, the emotions he had been trying to ignore flooded back to him like a tidal wave."How did I end up like this?" Dokja stared at river’s dark waters. He had only just arrived in this world when he realized he was different from everyone else; at the young age of 15. Arrival through accident, as he called it, an attempt to end one's life to escape from the world - a wish - that only threw him into another. Out the frying pan, into the fire. Dokja realized he had this ability which he called ‘White Eyes’ and considered himself chosen once he successfully manifested on purpose the first time. He quivered with excitement, anticipating that something special would happen to him one day. Something good, something different from his regular world. Looking back, the stories of his childhood only made him blush in embarrassment. It wasn’t until he got older that he learned being different from everyone else wasn’t all that good and that it was better to hide this difference. Even worse, when he didn't know how to move it forward. During the past decade years of his life, he had only determined two facts about his ability.

If he focused his senses on his eyes, living things and objects would glow in a bluish hue. Among them, there were some that would lose the color even if he maintained his focus. If he involved himself with things that were blue, especially people, he could also see what was essentially there "chakra systems". A look into their nervous system of sorts. Of course, Dokja had heard about chakra and knew he was slightly familiar with the feeling of the chakra inside him, but lacked both knowledge and training to use it himself.

This ability gave him almost this omnidirectional vision of the world, leaving him virtually no blind-spots so far, while also allowing him to look through solid objects. An x-ray machine, heat sensor, and a telescope- all in one. When he focused, he also realized the time felt slowed ahead of him, almost telling him what path of action is going to occur next.​

The local gambling den was where he chose to confirm this hypothesis. At first, he simply considered the gambling den a place of experimentation. Although he lost 60 to 70 percent of his buy-in, he only brought one hundred coins every time. If he lost it all, he left without turning back. Although he wasn’t happy, the amount was no different from a D-Rank mission paygrade. The problem was with the days he actually won money. One time, he had even turned his buy-in to 5 thousand coins in two days. He ate everything he wanted, bought clothes he only imagined himself wearing, and replaced his weapons from the smithery. Even then, he still had a lot left over. The taste of success, the taste of strength, usefulness began to take over. Once he experienced it, his life began to change. The number of locations & times he visited the gambling skyrocketed and the amount of money he brought with him increased as well. He forgot all about his life and focused on earning money. As he was spending his days obsessed with winning money, his ability suddenly failed him. It wasn’t that it was out of the blue. His head hurt the more he used his ability, and he even developed insomnia as days where he couldn’t fall asleep increased. Almost like his body being unable to fuel the ability. Of course, his inhuman lifestyle and lack of sleep/exercise/diet had extinguished his untrained chakra reserves and it was placing a burden on his body - though Dokja didn't understand that yet. As the symptoms worsened, the blue color he used to see just by focusing a tiny bit became fainter. After he passed out one time from exhaustion, he lost his ability to see the color even after concentrating for hours. Although his greed had cost him his ability, he couldn’t stop gambling. He had experienced the positive side of the variance of gambling. He believed he could recoup his losses if he won big just once. He didn’t listen no matter who tried to talk sense into him. He had already fallen into the joy of gambling. The ecstasy he felt when he won was more electrifying than any other pleasure. From that point on, Dokja’s life headed straight down towards the bottom of the abyss. It wasn't the gambling itself, that was the issue. The overarching issue lied on his coping mechanisms, or the lack of one, resulting him to lead life of constant distraction. And then, and then…. Dokja clenched his teeth. Why did he suddenly feel like this?

Baseless pride and reckless defiance arose in his heart. But whenever this happened, the emotions he felt in his dreams flooded in and drowned them out. Suddenly, he recalled seeing his mother cry in the morning. Immediately, another powerful wave of emotions swept in, making him dizzy. Son of a bitch. “Ah.” The mead can fell from his hand and spilled on the ground. "Why did I do that?" Dokja covered his face with his hands. He put strength into all his fingers and pressed down crazily. "'Just why did I do that?’ I didn’t mean to. I shouldn’t have said something like that. Damn it….” He felt like a part of his heart was torn out. The emotions he felt from his dream didn’t disappear as he became more aware of them. Instead, they became clearer. The feeling of regret stabbed his heart, and the edges of his eyes turned hot. Now, he felt like he understood the truth. That without his ability, he was just a worthless bastard.
"If only I never had this ability!’ The moment he finally accepted this truth… Dokja felt the last bits of his ego being washed out of his mind. “Kuhuhuu…..” He suddenly broke out into laughter. He burst out as if his heart would explode. But gradually, his laughter turned into weeping. Heuk… I’m sorry….” He regretted everything. He felt stuffy like something was strangling him. “I’m sorry” A grown youth cried like a kid. ‘I’d rather die than continue living like this.’ He had lived like trash for years at this point, after a fairly stable entry into this world but now troubling everyone around him. He couldn’t even imagine how much disappointment and pain he caused. Just like his father said, maybe it was better for everyone in the long run if he just took his own life. Dokja slowly got up. The slowly flowing river water seemed more alluring than ever before. He approached it as if in a trance and looked down at the river. The tears flowing down from his cheeks caused tiny ripples in the water. Glaring at the river fixedly, he stepped forward with his shaking legs. It was then. “!” Suddenly, the color of the water changed. From the point where Dokja's feet were or, more specifically, from the point he caused the ripples, blue color bloomed outward. Like dropping paint into clear water, the forgotten color, the lost light quickly spread out in all directions. Not only did it dye the flowing river water, but it also traveled up the support pillars of the bridge, dyeing the entire structure. It covered the spot he was just sitting in and, eventually, the distant sky. The whole world became dyed in blue, just like when he first came into this world.

Dokja stared at the feast of green dancing all around him with eyes wet with tears. His face was clearly one of utter disbelief.

“This is….”

After standing there like he had been struck by lightning, Dokja consciously scattered his concentration. Immediately, the world returned to its normal colors. When he concentrated again, the green world returned once more. His ability…

“…It came back?”

Just like how it suddenly disappeared one day…

“It really came back?”

It suddenly returned.

“But why?”

He had failed to restore his ability no matter how hard he tried. The sense of loss he felt that day could hardly be described with words. But what had caused it to activate again? Suddenly, he recalled the morning’s dream again. Now that he thought about it, the man from this dream seemed to use the same ability. Dokja frantically recalled the dream from the beginning.

“….”

But soon, he determined that it was unrelated. It didn’t make sense no matter how much he thought about it. Perhaps, his subconscious desire to regain his ability had manifested itself as the strange dream. That was more realistic and easier to swallow than actually believing that the dream had anything to do with regaining his ability.

"Wait."

But looking back, the dream was strangely realistic. Didn’t the dream also begin with the man drinking mead in river and lamenting over his life? Just like how he was now. It was then. Just as Dokja fell into a new-found confusion, the click-clack of high-heels hitting the stone pavement rang out. The strange rhythmical steps caught Dokja’s attention, and he promptly turned his head to the side. And there, Dokja could definitely see it. In the world dyed in the rainbow, the viridescent light was gradually turning blue in one spot. It was in the direction of this sound. It was the direction he had to move forward to. A purpose.

Mission Completion