Perspective -- The better Hokage candidate; Itachi or Madara?

Pretentious

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This thread was formulated on the consensus: Thoroughly explained premises on which candidate through your perspectives would play the role of Hokage the "best." Hokage is not defined solely through power (i.e. Kakashi), but through intelligence, morals, intuition, etc.

Personally, I cater to Itachi;

Itachi undeniably is the smartest character in the series, not solely dependant on the physical strength, but through wits, and mental prowess. That being said, rationality, and understanding through multiple perspectives allows Itachi to harbor a less bias, or more intuitive mindset in regards to many of the villages different ideals. Itachi would be a welcoming change, and thus, is the only Uchiha I could've plausibly seen elected as Hokage.

Please share your perspectives on which Uchiha would've been a more suitable candidate for the Hokage position.

LuckyMan

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara would have been the better Hokage. Konoha Madara, before his fall from grace, was exactly like Hashirama, even better, according to Hashirama himself (he wanted Madara to be Hokage) and I think anyone would rather have a Hashirama Hokage over Itachi (and not just skill and power but the good traits of a charismatic leader to lead the way).

Pretentious

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well Itachi's intellect as a young boy was Kage level.

So of course Itachi.
Naturally, but there's no "of course" anything, as Madara had a justifiable cause, and quite the mindset to accomplish such. I could see Madara succeeding brilliantly in physical aspects (i.e. aggressive negotiations etc.), whilst Itachi's pacifistic nature would hinder such, and cause deeper analysis before acquiring the solvent to the situation.

Basically; Madara's aggressive instincts could prove more advantageous, to Itachi's own due to Itachi's pacifist nature disabling him to be aggressive from the jump -- Itachi before taking such actions would first delve into several other possible solutions to the problem, then if there are no other ways of resolution, aggressive force would be had. But by then, in some cases, waiting to late can be crucial in negotiation-like confrontations etc.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well Itachi's intellect as a young boy was Kage level.

So of course Itachi.
That was a mistranslation.

OT: Itachi. Perhaps he wouldn't have been perfect, but Madara was a downright warmonger, he would never work out as Hokage. Well, he might, but if he'd been elected instead of Hashirama, I'm fairly sure at least one of the five villages would've been destroyed by him. Plus, we'd have more than just three wars by the start of the series.

whiteboy2345

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara has more experience as a leader, and a better philosophy. His morals are out of whack completely, but given the right direction he would do much better than Itachi.

Itachi is too idealistic and completely fine with hypocrisy and contradictions if they lie with the side he prefers, as seen when he favored the village over the Uchiha.

With Madara as Hokage, he'd be more strict and things like the Chinoike, Uzumaki, and Uchiha genocide probably wouldn't happen with him in charge. With Itachi, he'd be thinking about just protecting the majority and the greater good while forgetting the gripes of the minority.

Madara would be willing to do whatever is necessary to achieve his goals, even ruin lives. So it all depends on what mindset they have when going into the office of Hokage.

Reactions: ~Ethereal~

Pretentious

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara would have been the better Hokage. Konoha Madara, before his fall from grace, was exactly like Hashirama, even better, according to Hashirama himself (he wanted Madara to be Hokage) and I think anyone would rather have a Hashirama Hokage over Itachi (and not just skill and power but the good traits of a charismatic leader to lead the way).
But do you not realize Itachi had similar ideals to Hashirama, but simply more refined? I'm positive individuals would in fact want Itachi over Hashirama as the Hokage. Madara also did not possess more skill than Itachi, though skill can be defined by a plethora of categories.

Itachi, Madara is stronger than him but Itachi is smarter.
@Bold: That's clearly subjective, as some might believe Yata Mirror, and the Totsuka Blade make Itachi the superior. Though I won't get into such a quarrel, as they are my own personal beliefs, and the topic isn't about such matters.

Why do you believe Itachi would be a better Hokage?

Madara for me, he had the presence as a ruler.
Would you rather have a Democracy, or an Autocracy?

That was a mistranslation.

OT: Itachi. Perhaps he wouldn't have been perfect, but Madara was a downright warmonger, he would never work out as Hokage. Well, he might, but if he'd been elected instead of Hashirama, I'm fairly sure at least one of the five villages would've been destroyed by him. Plus, we'd have more than just three wars by the start of the series.
Perfect is a beautiful lie, there is no "perfect" in a world of opinions. You claim Madara to be a warmonger, yet through a more open perspective he cared greatly, wanting to end war through autocracy; Itachi, or Madara would be respectable Hokages through some eyes, and unsuitable in others.

~Ethereal~

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
But do you not realize Itachi had similar ideals to Hashirama, but simply more refined? I'm positive individuals would in fact want Itachi over Hashirama as the Hokage. Madara also did not possess more skill than Itachi, though skill can be defined by a plethora of categories.

@Bold: That's clearly subjective, as some might believe Yata Mirror, and the Totsuka Blade make Itachi the superior. Though I won't get into such a quarrel, as they are my own personal beliefs, and the topic isn't about such matters.

Would you rather have a Democracy, or an Autocracy?

Perfect is a beautiful lie, there is no "perfect" in a world of opinions. You claim Madara to be a warmonger, yet through a more open perspective he cared greatly, wanting to end war through autocracy; Itachi, or Madara would be respectable Hokages through some eyes, and unsuitable in others.
As much I would like to have Itachi over Madara as the leader, something about the former is just off.

whiteboy2345

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Itachi would be a weaker leader in comparison to Madara's no-nonsense attitude. There's no telling as to how much nonsense could have been avoided if Madara never strayed from the right path and was chosen by Konoha to be Hokage.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That... would probably depend on the situation in the world and the village itself. Portrayal-wise, it would seem like Itachi would make a better Hokage due to his mindset and the fact that he didn't succumb to the Curse of Hatred (if we go with the manga's own themes). But in harder times a more aggressive ruler like Madara would be more fitting.

Pretentious

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara has more experience as a leader, and a better philosophy. His morals are out of whack completely, but given the right direction he would do much better than Itachi.

Itachi is too idealistic and completely fine with hypocrisy and contradictions if they lie with the side he prefers, as seen when he favored the village over the Uchiha.

With Madara as Hokage, he'd be more strict and things like the Chinoike, Uzumaki, and Uchiha genocide probably wouldn't happen with him in charge. With Itachi, he'd be thinking about just protecting the majority and the greater good while forgetting the gripes of the minority.

Madara would be willing to do whatever is necessary to achieve his goals, even ruin lives. So it all depends on what mindset they have when going into the office of Hokage.
I believe you would enjoy this thread regarding philosophy between the two;

Anyhow, you're wrong regarding Madara having the better philosophy of the two, you're also wrong on Itachi being fine with hypocrisy, and "contradictions" (Itachi never sided with such trivial things; if anything, he opposed such convictions).

Madara being a more experienced leader is of course nothing, but idle perspective; arguably most would agree Itachi being the superior of the two marginally.

Itachi dealt with the Uchiha in the best possible way, if Madara were in power you claim he'd offer a better solution, but think: What solution had been better? Leaving the Uchiha be, or through possible exile would only in time conjure into an army of vengeful Uchiha gunning for Konoha.

Your suggested way of resolution for the Uchiha's if Madara was in fact in power is horrific, and leads to nothing, but repercussions (i.e. Sasukex100+)

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

He would be wiser I think, Madara is more intimidating, he would stomp on people.

whiteboy2345

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anyhow, you're wrong regarding Madara having the better philosophy of the two, you're also wrong on Itachi being fine with hypocrisy, and "contradictions" (Itachi never sided with such trivial things; if anything, he opposed such convictions).

Madara being a more experienced leader is of course nothing, but idle perspective; arguably most would agree Itachi being the superior of the two marginally.

Itachi dealt with the Uchiha in the best possible way, if Madara were in power you claim he'd offer a better solution, but think: What solution had been better? Leaving the Uchiha be, or through possible exile would only in time conjure into an army of vengeful Uchiha gunning for Konoha.

Your suggested way of resolution for the Uchiha's if Madara was in fact in power is horrific, and leads to nothing, but repercussions (i.e. Sasukex100+)

Madara understood humanity's nature, unlike his fellow shinobi who thought that peace could be served on a plate with a drink on the side if it looked tasty enough. Itachi while fighting Kabuto stated that he was a proud shinobi of the Leaf regardless of any contradictions or hypocrisies within the village, which I find vile and threatening while Madara called Konoha out after the Infinite Tsukuyomi was casted, which angered Sakura.

Being a more experienced leader has it's perks and benefits, just being intelligent and intellectual doesn't make you an immediately good leader. Although both of these two men understand pressure, Madara was the head of one of the two most powerful clans in the Narutoverse, he knows something about leadership.

If Madara had been in charge in the time of the Uchiha's malcontent with the village, he would have adressed both sides, the Uchiha for their pompous attitude and separation of themselves from the village, and the village for immediately branding the Uchiha as the perpetrators of the largest tragedy in Konoha's history. Madara was willing to manipulate and destroy the life of one his own clan members, his heavy bias toward his clan would have probably dissolved after years of being Hokage.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree, Itachi by all means is the superior choice overall, but in Madara's defense: If the death of few means resolution for many would such be the correct choice of action?
Not always, I mean, the majority of people can be idiots, Nazism was in majority once, what if the few are babies and the many are crminals, and I doubt people would run over a majority of people if the single person is someone like Obama or someone close to them.

YellowFang

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara Uchiha,
To be a Kage is to do best for your village...

I definitely know that Madara won't compromise on his village and wouldn't slaughter his own for a 'bigger' purpose.

lord seventh

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess Madara is more suited to the work taken care by danzo on the other hand itachi can make people follow him and we know that he was quite popular among Uchiha before that incident so he would be a better leader...Itachi would be just like minato I guess