Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was a man, if you could call him that, standing with a cloak draped over his face, completely obscuring his body. He licked his lips as a nearby snake hissed. A drop of water fell from a stalactite onto the ground as the man looked out of the cave he stood in. His teacher was to be coming soon... And then he would put to use his technical knowledge.

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:| You're really going to deny me RP training? I even had a whole thing about how Kabuto was studying why, if Kimmimaro could control his body so well to the point of manipulating his skeletal structure, he was dying of disease. And how he isolated that the KG wasn't truly based off of medical and body manipulation, but moreso just utilizing chakra to generate and manipulate excess Calcium and Phosphate to grow and restructure bone in a sort of "I don't know why it works, it just works" fashion. Kabuto would have still been planning to take the knowledge of how the ability worked and apply it to his medical research, but the fact that the KG wasn't as complicated and precise as Medical Ninjutsu - but rather was more intuitive like regular Ninjutsu - would remain.

Now how am I supposed to translate all of that into non-RP? I can't reference that I'm Kabuto, or the information I got from Kimmimaro... I may as well not even use wallies for this training <.<

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Quicker... right... <.< Anywho, despite being given free reign to wallie, I think I'll keep this short. I don't want to eat up your time with reading a long post, or my time for making a long post... So yeah, I'll do my best to keep it simple (keep in mind I'm actually writing this first, so it may turn out longer than anticipated).

Basically, there are two types of cells vital to the structure of bones - Osteoblasts and Osteoclasts. The Osteoblasts, simply put, are in charge of mixing proteins and minerals to form bone tissue, and Osteoclasts are, also simply put, in charge of breaking down bone tissue into the proteins and minerals which make up bone. These two cells, which do their jobs in groups, work together to constantly remold the bones within the body - the Osteoclasts breaking down bone tissue so that the Osteoblasts can redistribute it. This makes "bone" a dynamic tissue, as it's in a state of perpetual reformation. However, the bone in a Kaguya's body is... more dynamic.

By using chakra to invoke the process of bone reformation, as well as general calcium generation and manipulation within the body, a Kaguya may control how bones are formed, including where in the body they are made, how they are shaped, and all other properties right down to their density.

Due to these characteristics of the Kekkei Genkai, it's used heavily as a supplement to Taijutsu. By extending bone to pierce through the skin via the method mentioned above, one can form any kind of weapon or tool, at any kind of strength, ranging from regular bone to steel-like strength (including a strength which can't be cut by a Chakra-Infused Blade, which can nearly anything). Aside from from weapons, the bones can also be used as a defense mechanism, either by simply increasing the density of one's bones inside their body so as to increase their strength and turn the user himself into a type of living shield, or to have bones protrude from their body at random angles so as to damage anyone engaging in close-quarters-combat.

The Shikotsumyaku can also be used at range, though this is less common. Kimmimaro was shown firing off his fingertips like bullets, which either shows that he has chakra control to the point where he can use it as a firing mechanism, that Kaguya bones can grow in so fast that they will push out the old bones with bullet-like velocities, or that he simply has such fine control over the bone itself that he can make it move with such speeds without a build-up of chakra or growing bones to fire it - that it can be launched as though it were simply growing out of his skin with that speed. The user can also send bone out of their body (I'm assuming Kimmaro released bone from all over his body as he was underground, but we would probably have to release bone from our feet if we're standing on the ground) and have it grow and spread, making bone grow out of bone in proportions and speed that completely defy the medically logical, even with the ability to control Osteoblasts, Osteoclasts, and general Calcium. In this manner, the user can cover the battlefield with sharp bone "blades" which extend several meters into the air. They can also become one with the bones and move around the interconnected network at high speeds.

Now, did I miss anything? If there's something important you think I glossed over or missed, please tell me. Otherwise, I don't have any questions at this point.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Lmao, you pretty much explained the KG fully. xD You went over the process of how they are formed (chakra throughout the bones, manipulating the calcium and the Osteoclasts and blasts in the bones), you explained the relationship it has with Taijutsu and why it's ideal in short range, and touched on the ranged aspects of the KG. Only thing neglected was information on who used the KG, so points off. z.z besides that, pretty good actually.

When I teach the KG, I usually break it into 3 parts: 1. Theoretical work (talking about the KG, what it's good for, bad against, etc) and Activation (as it says, awakening the KG and using it), 2. Close Ranged jutsu (self explanatory) and 3. Ranged/Ninjutsu (the ranged versions are all considered Taijutsu except one special one).

This lets us go through it faster and whatnot. So any questions before we get into discussions?

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"what all do you know of the Shikotsumyaku KG?"
I post a baby wallie
"Lmao, you pretty much explained the KG fully."

And just for the sake of it: the KG is used by a select few (only two confirmed as of the anime, unless Princess Kaguya is counted) of the Kaguya clan, and was feared by the savage, war-loving Kaguyas. The ability is also supposedly derived from Kaguya Ōtsutsuki's Ash Bone technique (I only added "supposedly" because I can't remember the specific reference in the manga).

No questions about your method, however I do have one that has come to mind about something else. So, my biography is the Advanced Kabuto bio. I know that Kaguyas cannot use pain as a method to break out of Genjutsu because they have adjusted to it for use of their KG. However, in your opinion, would I as Kabuto still be able to use pain as a viable method (and for argument's sake let's say that I'm using Kimmimaro's DNA at the time). I believe that inflicting pain on the navel snake as it's imitating Kimmimaro would have the same effect as a normal Kaguya trying to break Genjutsu with pain, but injury on Kabuto's actual body should still work. I also understand if you don't want to comment on this subject, being that it's outside of normal Kaguya clan realms and you may not know as much about Kabuto biography things, so feel free to just leave it alone (but at least tell me something like "Yeah, I'm not answering that" instead of not talking about it at all).

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Well, in a sense, I could see how Kabuto would be able to use Pain as a method to break as he isn't as accustomed to it as normal Kaguya. But on the other hand, at one point do we treat him as gaining control over the pain and becoming immune to Pain bases releases? I think for the sake of Bio Rules, we treat Kabuto as a Kaguya by birth in that regards as during the first stage, we'll go over it until you become used to the pain.