Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
African Grey parrot.
F*ck no. Those things latch on to one person and plot to kill everyone else. Mine can barely tolerate anyone but my mom and has some sort of beef with me specifically.

OT: If you can think you can spend a lot of time with a parrot so it doesn't commit suicide because of depression via feather plucking (an actual thing), and get it not to bite you, then go for it. Otherwise, you got an enemy for life. Maybe I'm just generalizing a whole species based on one bird though, lol. I have an African Grey but I know for a fact if you buy it as a newborn baby, it will love you for life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jazzy Stardust

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
F*ck no. Those things latch on to one person and plot to kill everyone else. Mine can barely tolerate anyone but my mom and has some sort of beef with me specifically.

OT: If you can think you can spend a lot of time with a parrot so it doesn't commit suicide because of depression via feather plucking (an actual thing), and get it not to bite you, then go for it. Otherwise, you got an enemy for life. Maybe I'm just generalizing a whole species based on one bird though, lol. I have an African Grey but I know for a fact if you buy it as a newborn baby, it will love you for life.
@ bold: O_0

Sounds more like an advice against caging birds as pets...

Cruciatus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
African Greys are amazingly intelligent birds, but I wouldn't recommend one as your first parrot. They're quite expensive and they're on the larger side.

Maybe a cockatoo or a sun conure. They're both beautiful, charming birds and it shouldn't take very long to bond with them (maybe three weeks at most). Plus, the sun conures and cockatoos I've known have been able to bond with multiple people and so they're generally friendly birds.

I think the problem with birds like Macaws, African Greys, and even Amazons is that often they'll only bond with one person and won't be friendly to strangers.

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
that was a joy to read lolxD what does the parrot do to you pumpkin? does it like talk shit about you when you walk pass it? thats what im picturing lol

@ bold: O_0

Sounds more like an advice against caging birds as pets...
true that

Frois

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
African Greys are amazingly intelligent birds, but I wouldn't recommend one as your first parrot. They're quite expensive and they're on the larger side.

Maybe a cockatoo or a sun conure. They're both beautiful, charming birds and it shouldn't take very long to bond with them (maybe three weeks at most). Plus, the sun conures and cockatoos I've known have been able to bond with multiple people and so they're generally friendly birds.

I think the problem with birds like Macaws, African Greys, and even Amazons is that often they'll only bond with one person and won't be friendly to strangers.
I heard Cockatoos have a lot of emotional outbursts, but I will take your advice on Sun Conures

Cruciatus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I had one of these things as a kid(or it might have been a macaw). I ****ing loved it.

You must be registered for see images
This looks like an Amazon or a Blue Crowned Conure. About how big was it?

I heard Cockatoos have a lot of emotional outbursts, but I will take your advice on Sun Conures
Could be true. I have an uncle who owns a bird store, so all of the Cockatoos I've met have been handled by him. After many years of being in that business, he really has a grasp of how to approach each species, which is probably why I know them to be relatively pleasant. I'll admit that I've never been around Cockatoos for long enough to really observe their behavior, but I have another family member who has had a cockatoo for many years and loves him dearly.

I actually do have a Sun Conure, though, and he is quite a spectacle. The males have gorgeous rainbow plumage. He's very friendly if you take the time to bond with him and because it's a smaller species of parrot, he isn't overly loud. And if you take the time to teach them, they can develop quite a vocabulary. : )

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
This looks like an Amazon or a Blue Crowned Conure. About how big was it?

Could be true. I have an uncle who owns a bird store, so all of the Cockatoos I've met have been handled by him. After many years of being in that business, he really has a grasp of how to approach each species, which is probably why I know them to be relatively pleasant. I'll admit that I've never been around Cockatoos for long enough to really observe their behavior, but I have another family member who has had a cockatoo for many years and loves him dearly.

I actually do have a Sun Conure, though, and he is quite a spectacle. The males have gorgeous rainbow plumage. He's very friendly if you take the time to bond with him and because it's a smaller species of parrot, he isn't overly loud. And if you take the time to teach them, they can develop quite a vocabulary. : )
1. Go to sleep

2. Uhh if I remember right, pretty big. Like, a foot and a half tall maybe? I don't remember much of him quite honestly.

Оdin

Elite
Kin
628💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Definitely don't go for a Cockatoo. I had one a couple of years ago and it was the moodiest bird I've ever owned (Sun Conure and African Grey being the least moody), and coupled with the fact that it's a really ****ing loud bird that can be heard five blocks down... it makes for some bad experiences, but their beauty and intelligence made it all worth it though.