kiritonakama

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Is it possible to overclock my laptop? It is a lenovo Y510p. Any feedback is welcome. I know the risks of overclocking. overheating, warranty, etc... Thanks in advance.

novacore

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it says your laptop has a 755m gtx x2. a 4700 i7 2.4ghz on a 15 inch screen laptop. honestly...i dont know why you would need to overclock it.

But, i nvr overclocked a laptop. Im not sure if the laptops gtx 755m is recognized with overclocking software, but you can try msi afterburner to adjust the clocks on the card if it reads it. also idk if you really want to overclock the graphics card on a laptop...let alone the cpu since the cooler is extremely minimal on laptops. the cpu, you would have to adjust in the bios or if the motherboard you have has automatic overclock settings using software.... with two 755gtx on a 15inch display... i dont really see the reason to overclock. dont forget you have like no cooling capabilities, so your shit will just overheat or even die.

novacore

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well actually, it says u have up to 2x 755m gtx cards...so i actually dont know what cards you have. either way, what i said still stands.

Nooby Kyuubi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Overclocking what? CPU? GPU?
I'm not very familiar with laptops but I can say that things will heat up quickly in there unless you find some adequate cooling.

The7thHokage

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You overestimate mobile heatsinks way too much, kid.

Im not too sure, but the heat output by the CPU would be too much for your cooler to handle.

Etari

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You overestimate mobile heatsinks way too much, kid.

Im not too sure, but the heat output by the CPU would be too much for your cooler to handle.
I agree with this guy. Yes, it's possible. But that's not such a good idea, so don't do it.

Meh, but if you choose to ignore me, a tragedy awaits.

-Yard-

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with this guy. Yes, it's possible. But that's not such a good idea, so don't do it.

Meh, but if you choose to ignore me, a tragedy awaits.
He has to find out on his own, he'll want to do it till he does it. Then when it suddenly shuts off and beeping noises come from the bios speakers when rebooting he'll be scared shitless with the "wtf have I done" feeling and will learn.

@ OP

If clockgen doesn't work, try Setfsb on the trial version. If all else fails, go for nvidia ntune, it's never failed me.