Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Over the past year or so I've seen a rise in petty whining on social media done by 20 something college hipsters.

With the recent news of Joss Whedon being run off of Twitter by a bunch of radfems and SJW asshats,I've grown to despise this outrage culture that's increasingly getting bigger and bigger.

You want to bi*ch about something?Fine,but the moment you start sending death threats,trying to get something removed,harrassing people,or trying to ruin someone's professional life,then that is when I'll call you a bunch of whiny f*ckers.

If these people put as much energy into getting their panties in a twist over minor shit as contributing to society then maybe I'll start respecting them.

Until then I'm going to shake my head in disappointment at the fact that I share the same age range as these perpetually offended types.

Last edited:

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you wouldn't mind, what specific situations or outrage are you referring too?
Aside from the Joss Whedon story that happened a while ago,there was a thing where people started *****ing at a body fitness company and sent bomb threats.

Then there was the whole outcry over the Spiderwoman cover a year ago.

Chibiusa

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I completely agree!! Omg ppl get offended over everything these days

This is the generation of entitlement tho. They don't know how to accept something and move on. They see someone with an opposite mind from them and they attack rather than coexist.

Reactions: Awkward Linguist

paratise

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I thought Joss Wheadon did not quit twitter because of threats and sht:

Anyway i think some people really take their cause out of hand. Like there is no need to be a misandrist to defend women's rights and there is no.need to demonize whites to defend blacks. Recent shit i heard: "blacks can not be racist becuz they are not in power they can be prejiduced"
as is having prejiduces is an acceptable thing. If your sense of social justice demeans others then it is not justice.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This is the generation of entitlement tho. They don't know how to accept something and move on. They see someone with an opposite mind from them and they attack rather than coexist.
Nah, people were worse before. The people generally had the opinion of the leading power. And the people who disagreed would get arrested or killed. Now, people have a voice and they choose to use that voice. And who would have guessed that the voice of millions of different people was annoying?

Tennis Robot

Elite
Kin
65💸
Kumi
3,060💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I agree with some elements of this. However, I think that an overwhelming majority of people do not understand the difference between actually coexisting and merely existing together. Most will defer to the latter, which in reality does not resolve anything.

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought Joss Wheadon did not quit twitter because of threats and sht:

Anyway i think some people really take their cause out of hand. Like there is no need to be a misandrist to defend women's rights and there is no.need to demonize whites to defend blacks. Recent shit i heard: "blacks can not be racist becuz they are not in power they can be prejiduced"
as is having prejiduces is an acceptable thing. If your sense of social justice demeans others then it is not justice.
Polygon?That site is biased as hell.

Of course Joss would say he wasn't driven off of twitter because of hate messages and threats,just like how Matt Taylor's "apology" for wearing his shirt totally didn't happen as a result of him being called a sexist pig,misogynist,etc.

Whedon's colleagues saved up hundreds of messages where radfems/SJW asshats threw the worst kind of hate at him imaginable.

All because of one freaking scene involving Black Widow.

I agree with the rest though,it seems these people have replaced the old bigots with their open hatred towards anyone that doesn't coform to their ideology.

Last edited:

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It doesn't help that this mindset is being taught in schools and universities,intolerance of different views and opinions is getting increasingly more common among college students.

To the point where they jeer at a feminist because she doesn't follow their brand of feminism.

Callypigia

Veteran
Kin
88💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree; a problem with the outrage culture is that people feel they are entitled to not being offended. That is completely illogical. There are billions of people in the world and everyone one of them has different opinions on something. The biggest and most significant problem with this trend in being offended by everything is that when people complain about every little offense it creates desensitization. Once that happens it makes it easier for a serious injustice to get lost in the shuffle.

paratise

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Polygon?That site is biased as hell.

Of course Joss would say he wasn't driven off of twitter because of hate messages and threats,just like how Matt Taylor's "apology" for wearing his shirt totally didn't happen as a result of him being called a sexist pig,misogynist,etc.

Whedon's colleagues saved up hundreds of messages where radfems/SJW asshats threw the worst kind of hate at him imaginable.

All because of one freaking scene involving Black Widow.

I agree with the rest though,it seems these people have replaced the old bigots with their open hatred towards anyone that doesn't coform to their ideology.
I still do not get what is out of norms to get death threats..?
Not defending sjw or anything but who does not get them? Even in nb people can say "go kill urself" on regular basis i am not saying this should be normal but why point at a group of people something everyone does. Sjw/radfems or w/e get rape/death threats too (like that video game woman Anita).

People have been shat on people for not conforming their idealogy since eternity. Those sjw haven't changed much in social standarts (minorities are still discriminated, women are still percieved as lesser people, lgbtq people still have worse treatment etc.) i don't see them a bigger threat than existing system. If anything pointing fingers at extremist groups would divert attention from actual problems because somehow thinking about them would make someone one of the crazed sociopaths.
It doesn't help that this mindset is being taught in schools and universities,intolerance of different views and opinions is getting increasingly more common among college students.

To the point where they jeer at a feminist because she doesn't follow their brand of feminism.

Have you seen that woman talking? Her brand of feminism is shitting all over any other feminists for not following her brand of feminism. She got her counterparts. Those people were just being stupid for the act though, they make her seem right and give her something.