Orohimaru Linked to the Otsutsuki

Kin
9💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As the title says I believe that Orochimaru, the first major villain of the naruto, has been aware of and working towards achieving the same goals as the otsutsuki clan.

Shin is a character from the Gaiden manga and is one of Orochimarus many experiments. He managed to escape but only after observing and learning how to experiment from the Sanin. He then started his own experiments, trying to improve on what Orochimaru started. Essentially, he thought he would be better at cloning his own body, than Orochimaru. In chapter 700+, Shin spoke on the concepts of he also talks about

What strikes me as interesting is Shin's definition of death brought me back to the war when S06P himself explained that him and his clan In my opinion these things are clearly linked. I mean why else why else would kishimoto take time out to redefine death? I think shin's definition is closer to what hagoromo's understanding of death is, if not the same.

Another thing that got my attention is when Shin spoke about efficiency, a concept that is srongly upheld carried by the Otsutsuki clan. I mean its practically their ninja way. Here is an excerpt from the novelization of the Boruto movie:

“It is my duty as your parental role.” Kinshiki guided Momoshiki just as he had done in the past. “The only thing I can pass onto you is power…Do not hesitate.”

“…”

“Just as my parental role once entrusted his power to me….now I do to you.”

“…Of course.” Momoshiki extended his right hand towards Kinshiki.

The time had come.

Sucking up the power of jutsu from its very foundation.

It was given from parental role to child.

Chakra was no more than their clan’s property.

They had to use it in the most efficient manner.

There was nothing more to it than that.

“GUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

[Kinshiki let out a dreadful scream.

Kinshiki dried up and rotted away.

Inside Momoshiki’s hand, there appeared . The compensation.

“You…to your comrade, you….!”

“You demon…!”

Naruto and Sasuke had gotten to their feet.

What do you understand? Momoshiki thought, but saying that out loud would only insult Kinshiki’s resolution.

There was only one way to repay him.

“The transfer of power…that is our clan’s law.” Momoshiki said, and ate the cinnabar pancea pills that had been created from Kinshiki."

Before we move on from Shin and the Gaiden manga I just wanted to point out that Shins own clones eventually turned their backs on him, and they did so with the same reasoning shin himself had when he left Orochimaru. [Killing Shin off, to the clones, . I think this further supports my comparisons of Shin's experiments to what Momoshiki said to Kinshiki, and the Law of the Otsutsuki.

Now lets talking about Orochimaru himself. Since his introduction to the series(and still today), Orochimaru has sought after and . He's also had times where he looks , sometimes almost . He eventually was successful and developed a .

Even during the war orochimaru has shown feats comparable only to the likes of hagoromo himself. From being able to , to being able to from those who had the , both feats were later revealed to be done by the

Orochimaru is clearly following who themselves seek out and Orochimaru, through his own means of various experimentation, has already achieved 2 of the 3, but his methods aren't as ideal or as efficient as the chakra pills or the , leaving much room for improvements. Even still, this is far from coincidental.

Which brings me to the Mitsuki one shot. Here we see that , created from a SEED. I believe that seed is what creates the god tree. Because when ever there's a god tree planted, that place is referred to as a . Then we have log who explicitly states that both . Who are the gods? Well in episode 15 of boruto we learned that , which turned out to be . Since those two haven't arrived to earth at that point in the series, this tells me that the only god that they would be mocking and made from is kaguya. She was only known otsutsuki to land here who directly dealt with the god tree.

Then Orochimaru tells mitsuki that he has . Which instantly reminded of what Now we know that boruto has a mixing of both hamura and hagaromo chakra which greatly contributed to his dormant powers, I think the same goes for mitsuki, being created from the god tree and maybe even kaguyas dna allows for incredible potential. This also explains why mitsuki is so pale and why he looks a lot like toneri himself, which only attests to how strong otsutsuki chakra/dna is. To take it even further both mitsuki and boruto were given about cleansing the darkness, and somehow

Now in the latest episode of boruto(15), it was revealed that danzo was getting closer to which I assume is her times space jutsu, and we know for a fact that both him and orochimaru have been since early shippuden. Sasuke even suggests that he had enough informaton from the nue, Which means danzo and orochimaru has had the same opportunity for decades now.

Everything point to one thing: orochimaru definitely knows more about the otsutsuki than we originally thought. As far back as early shippuden or even part 1, orochimaru has been chasing after otsutsuki god status.

-- THANKS FOR READING --

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparks

Sparks

Regular
Kin
11💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Probably the best theory that has been posted in a long while. It seems that the very nature of Orochimaru's research would eventually lead him to the power of the Ootsutsuki, whether he was doing so knowingly at first or not. I'd like to think he knows more about the present events than he's letting on. Perhaps Sasuke may even enlist Orochimaru's aid in finding information about Boruto's seal from Momoshiki.

Also, this thread will probably get more exposure if it were to be moved to NDS instead of the Manga forum

NextGenNinja

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're using info from the novel? I don't know if that's considered canon since the series is following the recap version in the manga. Although, the otsutsuki passing on their power to the next seems to be a clan practice in the manga. Interesting read, but i don't fully agree.

Last edited:
Kin
9💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Probably the best theory that has been posted in a long while. It seems that the very nature of Orochimaru's research would eventually lead him to the power of the Ootsutsuki, whether he was doing so knowingly at first or not. I'd like to think he knows more about the present events than he's letting on. Perhaps Sasuke may even enlist Orochimaru's aid in finding information about Boruto's seal from Momoshiki.

Also, this thread will probably get more exposure if it were to be moved to NDS instead of the Manga forum
What is meant when you say nds?

Kin
9💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're using info from the novel? I don't know if that's considered canon since the series is following the recap version in the manga. Although, the otsutsuki passing on their power to the next seems to be a clan practice in the manga. Interesting read, but i don't fully agree.

If you are saying you disagree because you're not sure if the novel is canon, I assure you the novel is canon.

NextGenNinja

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[FONT=&]If you are saying you disagree because you're not sure if the novel is canon, I assure you the novel is canon.[/FONT]
How? The novel does have a similar plot to the movie & the recap, but the fights are different(Well, i remember the final fight had momoshiki using jutsu he has never shown in the recap or movie) and has details that were never said in either of those two versions. The recap, despite how crappy it was, has one big plot detail that neither the movie nor novel had, which is momoshiki giving boruto the seal we see in the flash forward.