Orochimaru dead?

GwemBaba

<div class="bbWrapper">He's died once, when he dies it will be a second time.</div>

Hell Autarch

Legendary
Kin
125💸
Kumi
64💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So technically Orochimaru never died.

If I am correct, even after he was absorbed by Sasuke; Orochimaru was still very much alive. He was able to see and hear everything that was happening outside but simply could not speak or be seen. I am pretty sure if someone can do the above than he/she isn't dead.

He did not die when he was sealed by Itachi. There was still a part of his consciousness inside Anko. I am going to take an example from Harry Potter. Even after Voldemort was "killed" when his spell backfired on him, he still managed to survive because there were part of his consciousness in the Hocrux. Nobody started saying "Voldemort has died once but is still alive".

Simply because Orochimaru did not have any form after he was sealed by Itachi did not mean that he had died.

Donj

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

If I am correct, even after he was absorbed by Sasuke; Orochimaru was still very much alive. He was able to see and hear everything that was happening outside but simply could not speak or be seen. I am pretty sure if someone can do the above than he/she isn't dead.

He did not die when he was sealed by Itachi. There was still a part of his consciousness inside Anko. I am going to take an example from Harry Potter. Even after Voldemort was "killed" when his spell backfired on him, he still managed to survive because there were part of his consciousness in the Hocrux. Nobody started saying "Voldemort has died once but is still alive".

Simply because Orochimaru did not have any form after he was sealed by Itachi did not mean that he had died.
you read my mind

Inichi Matsuka

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Well true enough. Sealing doesn't equal death. Plus, he's technically alive in whoever had his curse marks. Itachi sealing Orochimaru only made it so that he couldn't revive through Sasuke or take over his body. So yeah he never died, but I still love the memes ^^