Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

You just don't have enough information to explain yourself yet. Your glasses, your name, being someone's child is not something that can show who really you are. But that is fine. If you're not happy on what you have now… you can just find new things to find up. …You see, I also want to find who I really am. That's why I'm collecting a bit of everything

You must be registered for see images

Before I begin; I wanted to mention that this theory works hand with Joker's (Godly) theory as we discussed some of this content. Please also check out his Thread (Link when I get it )
Enjoy.

I. Introduction

In the recent chapters, it was shown that Orochimaru apparently fell victim to the Infinite Tsukuyomi. But this does not mean his role is over.
Firstly let us bring up two things:
1. The People's Vital Energy is linked to the Joukai Koutan
2. The Victims connected to the God Tree eventually become White Zetsu over time
Now with these two things in mind; let's move onto Orochimaru.

I was thinking that this essentially relates to Orochimaru's "Trump Card"; as being linked to the other Zetsu could give him control over the other Zetsu Victims.

First I want to point something about Hagoromo-
  • Hagoromo no longer maintains a physical body and is just Floating Chakra.
  • You must be registered for see images
  • Meaning, Hagoromo can appear to anyone that has extraneous samples of his Chakra and even mentions he's met many a transmigrates.
  • So from this we can conclude Hagoromo is technically "immortal" and only maintains a form of consciousness.
  • He is essentially an "anthology life-form."
Now here is where it relates to Orochimaru:
Orochimaru's Dream was to become an Anthology Life-form.
Over 400 Chapters Ago this was revealed by Kimimaro Kaguya.
Call it a coincidence, but I want to propose that Orochimaru was aware of this [to an extent] and wanted to become like the Rikudo Sennin. How did he find out?
Kabuto already told us; they formulated a hypothesis from the Uchiha Stone Tablet:
The Uchiha Stone Tablet was the one of the Keys for Orochimaru to understand his dream of Perfection. He even states that the Nakano Shrine containing the Uchiha tablet is the "place where all the secrets lie."
Orochimaru wanted to become an Anthology life-form like Hagoromo and had many methods:

Orochimaru was already working on that firstly through the Body Ritual but also through the Curse Mark as each one is "a piece of his conscience"
Orochimaru specifically utilized Jugo Body Fluids (lel) to replicate the Enzyme creating the Sennin Transformation; the Curse Mark.

This would essentially be Orochimaru's Gate-way to never die; as the Curse Mark could eventually consumes the user and could grant Orochimaru a method to bring himself back; thus being a Pseudo-Anthology Life-Form.

It is paradoxical, yet true, to say, that the more we know, the more ignorant we become in the absolute sense, for it is only through Ninjutsu that we become conscious of our limitations. Precisely one of the most gratifying results of intellectual evolution is the continuous opening up of new and greater prospects.

II. Evolution

These were all part of efforts to Become Close the Rikudo Sennin; as displayed through Kabuto carrying on his research.
It's also clear that he was trying to come close to the Sage himself as his true intentions were emanated through Kabuto whilst corrupted by power

He planned for Karin to unlock the chains as Kushina so he could acquire that ability and Uzumaki DNA to properly restrain Bijuu as he lacked a Sharingan. He was rather happy at the fact they came out: "She's finally attained it"
He also studied the Jutsu of the Uzumaki; as well as the Reaper Death Seal.

He probably would've then taken the blood of her just like Kabuto did; or if needed take the body.
Orochimaru had an adept knowledge from his experimentation with Senju DNA and Mokuton as displayed through Danzo-
But to connect this back with Uzumaki DNA; its also possible that Orochimaru wanted an Uzumaki/Senju-related body in order to maintain a Huge Chakra Pool; as genrally Sage Mode demands for the user to have enormous amounts of chakra in order to draw out Natural Energy.
One of the main points for Edo Tensei was as Kabuto mentioned; gather intel:

Bit by bit, he could place the Curse Mark consciences and create a network

Orochimaru would then want the Perfect body for Sage Jutsu after researching Jugo and finding Ryuchido.

Furthermore; Orochimaru experimented endlessly to discover new jutsu and always needed bodies.

Orochimaru had a poignant reason in choosing his main subjects; as he wanted each one to give him a piece to become closer to the Rikudo Sennin.
Sasuke was the main prize; and they [Oro. and Kabuto] did not want to harm their test subject.

With an Uchiha body; he could acquire the Sharingan and eventually the Rinnegan (at the time it was believed Senju+Uchiha DNA was Rinnegan) and thus finally able to Read the Uchiha Tablet Fully instead of creating just a hypothesis.

So he wanted components to get him closer to the Sage
  1. Sasuke: Sharingan, Uchiha Blood, and eventually Rinnegan by combining with Senju DNA
  2. Jugo: Sennin research; eventual discovery of Ryuchido
  3. Karin: Uzumaki Longevity; Chakra Chains
  4. Suigetsu: Swag.

The ultimate goal from this would be to become an undying man and immortal god; should something happen to him (Totsuka for example) he can use the conscience piece to come back and ultimately being an anthology life form.

A Visual to Recap:

III. Relation to Zetsu

Now this relates well with White Zetsu, as they all have the ability to retain knowledge throughout their kind via extensive Communication and Telepathy.
Zetsus are essentially linked; and one way this is shown is through their information exchange.

Now how does this essentially relate with Orochimaru and Zetsu?
I was thinking that Orochimaru being within the Infinite Tsukuyomi may prove to be beneficial to him:
  • Everyone else will slowly turn into a Zetsu; but Orochimaru already has the body of Zetsu-
  • This might mean that the process probably won't do anything to him.
  • Furthermore, since the people are connected Vitally to the God Tree and Zetsu are naturally connected; Orochimaru may be able to connect (perhaps Mentally/With Conscience) to the other victims
  • Orochimaru has also been shown to show the faces of his body victims; so it might be possible that by taking the appearance of a Zetsu; White or Spiral Zetsu might release him.
Furthermore; Orochimaru still has one Zetsu remaining somewhere
4 sacrificed for Edo Tensei and 1 use for Body Replacement
It's possible that Orochimaru placed the Curse Mark onto the Zetsu and will bring himself back that way as well
He won't need someone like Sasuke to undo the Seal this time; as Anko's Curse Mark was sealed up while the one on the Zetsu's would not be sealed.

TL;DR
  • Hagoromo's life form is purely chakra lacking a physical body
  • Hagoromo is an Anthology Life Form
  • Orochimaru also desired to become an Anthology Life Form
  • He wanted to become like the Rikudo Sennin in order to do this
  • Orochimaru chose Subjects that could help me get closer to this goal
  • Orochimaru's Curse Marks are a piece of his conscience
  • Orochimaru can bring himself back through the exploitation of the Curse Marks
  • Zetsus are all inter-connected and linked
  • Orochimaru had one Zetsu remaining and may have placed the Curse Mark on him
  • He could then bring himself back and escape the Infinite Tsukuyomi
  • Oro. Has a zetsu body so the IT's effects won't work on him the same way like others

Thank you, Vega

lol.

Koro

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Absolutely stellar thread; 10/10, OP.

It's about time someone makes a good Orochimaru thread, or rather a good theory in general.

I'll comment on the contents of the thread later.

Last edited:

Invsblphntm

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's nice that Orochimaru fans still exist and all... but I'm fairly sure he is done as a viable villain. He stated that his new ambition is to see what the new wind [Sasuke] will do and his actions have supported that theory fully. And Masashi Kishimoto stated that the story will precede from Madara [done], Shinju [beginning currently], and then Sasuke.

I see no place for Orochimaru.

Vega

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's nice that Orochimaru fans still exist and all... but I'm fairly sure he is done as a viable villain. He stated that his new ambition is to see what the new wind [Sasuke] will do and his actions have supported that theory fully. And Masashi Kishimoto stated that the story will precede from Madara [done], Shinju [beginning currently], and then Sasuke.

lol. Good point, the odds of him being a villain at this point seem unlikely, but I tried to focus on how I still think he can come back/have some sort of role.

Zealous Sparks

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great read as usual :)

I especially liked the reference to part 1 with Kimimaro talking about Orochimaru's goal to become an Anthology Life Form. The possibility that he was attempting to mimic the Sage's floating chakra form in a way to make himself immortal was very interesting.

Also I don't think that Orochimaru would specifically mention Karin's abilities in regards to Kushina, unless he still has something to gain from it. And as he told Hiruzen, he still wants to continue his experimentation; that is why he was helping out the Alliance vs. Jin Obito. I would like to see him make a return either from the curse seal on Spiral Zetsu, or him being immune due to his Zetsu body.

Joker

Supreme
Kin
213💸
Kumi
2,291💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

He never mentioned Kaguya, but hey, she's here. We'll have to see.

blazekev90

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tears of joy!! The Orochimaru fanbase make me so proud lol.

The theory itself is quite interesting and from what i read promising. It's difficult to read it all on a phone, so I'll indulge later whenever i can.

Great work nonetheless.

Reactions: Vega

TRE MERCER

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

This. People need to realize shippuden completely de-ranked Orochimaru and need to give up on him as being a villain.

Reactions: Chie

the narukudo

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
this theory is amazing ..i think orochimaru will be back..i mean he is a snake,,snake never bite and chew ,they bite and live venom..or they swallow hole but sometime they swallow something that ended up killing them...toads,getting pick up by hawks...its in their nature to try and win it all or lose it all..im pretty sure he learned from his past mistake about being cocky so now he is letting things unfold until is the right time to strike...

TheAncientCenturion

Elite
Kin
76💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This thread is amazing, it has filled me with hope once more on Orochimaru being villainous. I don't need a FV Orochimaru, I just need him to stand up and DO something selfish or evil.

Nattana

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sweet thread. I'm wet now.

The only things I'd add would be:
1. Orochimaru saying that he had personal interest in taking over Zetsu.
2. Orochimaru stating that by mastering his Spell of Immortality, he bound his soul to the Impure World for eternity, moving him one step forward to his dream - an anthology life form.

Reactions: Vega

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great thread once again.

I would say that I don't think that he is specifically trying to become a floating conscious like hagoromo because I don't think he even knows that's the case. Regarding immortality, I believe his goal is still to take over bodies once his is getting too old. What you said about the zetsu is interesting, unfortunately, there is not much I can say about that, we will just have to wait and see. *_*