Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Look at that, a whole ass thread I'd not even seen. Bookmarked that for future reference. I hope the RP determines their start position. Nothing more gully than spawning behind enemy lines. LOL. Also yeah I do the same when I RPed in OPB. Helps maintain authenticity and sometimes those backgrounds/info dumps come clutch when constructing your story. Ok so that seems simple enough -- just didn't have those names/numbers before.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Look at that, a whole ass thread I'd not even seen. Bookmarked that for future reference. I hope the RP determines their start position. Nothing more gully than spawning behind enemy lines. LOL. Also yeah I do the same when I RPed in OPB. Helps maintain authenticity and sometimes those backgrounds/info dumps come clutch when constructing your story. Ok so that seems simple enough -- just didn't have those names/numbers before.
It's understandable. We have a lot of things that sometimes are a bit obscure and require some navigation lol. But yes, that thread is used to easily navigate it.

Rule of Thumb: Sticky threads in a section are ALWAYS worth a read. Especially in the WSE/NW. There you find rules, new stuff about arcs that might be going on, bounties, where you submit your missions to get Kumi, etc. Do you understand the mission system?

@Bino

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Noted. Missions wise IDK the first thing but if I were to hazard a guess. The mission is structured from C < D < B < A < S as the techs. Depending on ones rank level, they may attempt upto certain level. Realism is a big proponent of the narrative. As there no predefined goals or word count that a person must meet. Rather they dictate the conditions before submitting it for grading. Due to this fact, grading is often harsher as the mod/grader/checker makes it their goal to run that bitch clean. Back in NB there was one mission submission thread which was nothing but a sea of declines. Although I struggle to motivate, writing/story is something I like but that SHIT IS IRRELEVANT in NB. Its about doing them to get Kumi and buy more fighting items for the bio @Detective L

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Noted. Missions wise IDK the first thing but if I were to hazard a guess. The mission is structured from C < D < B < A < S as the techs. Depending on ones rank level, they may attempt upto certain level. Realism is a big proponent of the narrative. As there no predefined goals or word count that a person must meet. Rather they dictate the narrative and conditions before submitting it for grading. Due to this fact, grading is often harsher as the mod/grader/checker makes it their goal to run that bitch clean. Back in NB there was one mission submission thread which was nothing but a sea of declines. Although I struggle to motivate, writing/story is something I like but that SHIT IS IRRELEVANT in NB. Its about doing them to get Kumi and buy more fighting items for the bio @Detective L
It's only as relevant as you make it, Kumi is only a bonus if you think about it :insertmeme:

Like for example, Howard and LA. They've made an insane amount of good story-lines around their characters and have built events and arcs around their characters. Yeah, the RPing concept of building a character story is something NB didn't initially focus on but we're getting there. I myself am not much of a fighter, but I do like writing so I think if I had more time, I'd invest in making a good story line for my character and actually participate in the arcs that our NW mods churn out.

I wouldn't say the missions are that difficult in itself, it really depends on what storyboard elements were chosen, and how you focused on them throughout. If you only focus on a SE for 10% of your mission, but you do 90% exposition or whatever, you can expect a fail.
@Bino

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Alright, so from what I am getting here is. If someone wants to go down the route of developing story, ABs evolving metric CAN foster that. Will keep that in mind. inb4 a cohort of (redacted) ass slimes come in (i) downplaying the relevance of story in AB (ii) the approach I choose to undertake in depicting story. LOL that aside so long as an AB checker doesn't keep demanding that the stories aren't of adequate length [must be smocking cock to expect more than 3K words] relative to impact/exposee, this could be interesting. Since were are on the subject of writing, I need to ask. What is the level of complexity people are expected to put towards narrative be it story or describing battle. There's been a recent tendency amongst certain Rpers I've encountered that I tend to be too descriptive at times cumbersome. You've seen me RP before so would you say I need to cut back to fit in here? Also anything else I should know in terms of missions? @Detective L

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, so from what I am getting here is. If someone wants to go down the route of developing story, ABs evolving metric CAN foster that. Will keep that in mind. inb4 a cohort of (redacted) ass slimes come in (i) downplaying the relevance of story in AB (ii) the approach I choose to undertake in depicting story. LOL that aside so long as an AB checker doesn't keep demanding that the stories aren't of adequate length [must be smocking cock to expect more than 3K words] this could be interesting. Since were are on the subject of writing, I need to ask. What is the level of complexity people are expected to put towards narrative be it story or describing battle. There's been a recent tendency amongst certain Rpers I've encountered that I tend to be too descriptive at times cumbersome. You've seen me RP before so would you say I need to cut back to fit in here? Also anything else I should know in terms of missions? @Detective L
Lmao, give it a chance tbh.

It doesn't have to be long or too complex. I wouldn't say you have to tone it down, but I've seen that overstating or understating in battles can be an issue so its all about finding the perfect balance. Hence why I'd suggest fighting as much as you can, try and find what works for you, what do you want to focus on, what kind of style works. Your writing will adapt to what works for you, and yes, some of us like writing while others will just say;

I fire a strike of lightning at you.

While others will go on to tell you their current psychological state, the current weather, etc. Adachi was known as a great RPer, but not everyone could keep up with his descriptions because they were so complex. But don't let the meta push you into a certain style. Your style can only make you unique and make you stand out. I have a shifting one, depending on how I feel. Which is a problem for me sometimes, and you can see it when you read my fights lol.

As for missions, I'd just suggest going at your own pace regarding them. ZK and Drackos felt that a lot of freedom should be given because its a sandbox environment, and we have the freedom of our imagination to guide us if need be. So let that be a guiding principle regarding missions and the WSE in general tbh.

@Bino

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Had to ask as this had become an issue in recent time. Arising primarily from a select group of NBers who'd complained. Almost as if we hadn't been RPing together. Guess the only way to truly understand where you stand is with more exposure and experience. DW once we get to the trial battle, at the end of orientation you'll get a better feel. Alright so the mission structure is as much about freedom and creativity as it is grounded in reflecting effort. Bool so thats kinda tackled missions -- figure it will also go towards events too since an event is just mission with more people and higher stakes, LOL. Though I can't recall ever seeing an entirely story driven type narrative that wasn't say in house (within one Village). As in the end leveraging advantageous positions comes down to fights. mj.grin @Detective L

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Had to ask as this had become an issue in recent time. Arising primarily from a select group of NBers who'd complained. Almost as if we hadn't been RPing together. Guess the only way to truly understand where you stand is with more exposure and experience. DW once we get to the trial battle, at the end of orientation you'll get a better feel. Alright so the mission structure is as much about freedom and creativity as it is grounded in reflecting effort. Bool so thats kinda tackled missions -- figure it will also go towards events too since an event is just mission with more people and higher stakes, LOL. Though I can't recall ever seeing an entirely story driven type narrative that wasn't say in house (within one Village). As in the end leveraging advantageous positions comes down to fights. mj.grin @Detective L
Alright, and yeah. Honestly, we're still learning the RP aspect in terms of story-line. For years, the RP was battle oriented tbh.

Nonetheless, I think that's it for missions. You're still free to message me and ask me if you get stuck somewhere with missions and need a guiding hand.

@Bino

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
@BusinessManTeno Nope. Though I'll admit some of the items came back to me during Bio creation. Specialties, Ability Combination, Corresponding Rank Perks, Kumi Paywalls. As it stands I know how most systems operate. Its the Battle - Story aspects that I need to have explained further. I'll follow your lead on what areas are most important to know -- rest will come with experience.

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
@BZA we not starting from scratch. Read over what L taught you and I'll begin at customs. 🙄
Why did you ask me to make a Thread then? Just do what you need to do. I'll respond and we can get this done by Sunday. With an intro like this I know what time is. I'll just get my Kumi then learn again through another nigga

Go ahead and talk about Customs

• Haha
Reactions: Vayne

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Aight, lemme tag in. So the first thing about customs you'd need to know is that they are tied to your rank, meaning the customs you can submit and use must equate to what your rank allows. I see that you've gone over ranks already, but just for future here they are again:
Academy Student:
The default bio rank
Base health = 35 / Base chakra = 300
2 basic elements + 1 basic ninja skill up to C-ranks
Able to submit up to C-rank customs of any learned fields
Genin:
Rank-up from Academy Student requires completion of 4 D/C-rank missions and/or battles
Base health = 75 / Base chakra = 600
3 basic elements + 2 basic ninja skills up to B-ranks
Able to submit up to B-rank customs of any learned fields
Chūnin:
Rank-up from Genin requires completion of any combination of 5 B/A-rank missions and/or battles
Base health = 100 / Base chakra 1,000
4 basic elements + 4 basic ninja skills up to A-ranks (1 basic element up to S-ranks)
Able to submit up to A-rank customs of any learned fields
Jōnin:
Rank-up from Chūnin requires completion of any combination of 6 S-rank missions and/or battles
Base health = 160 / Base chakra = 1,600
5 basic elements + 4 basic ninja skills up to F-ranks
Able to have a third bio
Able to submit up to F-rank customs of any learned fields
Sage:
Rank-up from Jōnin requires completion of a sage mission or purchase for 25,000 kumi
Base health = 200 / Base chakra = 2,000
Able to submit a custom clan (CC)
Able to learn a third custom fighting style (CFS) OR sign a third summoning contract
Able to make use of a potential fifth custom element (CE) on a bio
Able to submit up to 4 CJ instead of the normal 3 per cycle
CJ limit increases to 50, up from the standard cap of 40
Seeing as you are a Chūnin, that means you can submit up to A ranks customs. There exists a unique system for Sages as well, but that's not really relevant for you atm. So onto customs, I bolded in the spoiler that it says you can have a cap of creating 40 normally. That is somewhat accurate, but the number is actually way higher than that, both because the set 40 can be increased via various means (Sensei-ship/Sage/Prizes/etc), and because even as a regular member w/o any increases to the cap you can submit much more due to how customs are set up.

You see, customs in NB are divided into different categories. The 40 limit refers to 'normal' cjs, this includes most of the 'basic' stuff that would first come into mind, such as elemental techniques, ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu. However, there exists different categories that are outside of the 'normal 40' which have their own limitations. To have them in list form, they are as follow:

'Normal' custom justu (CJ): 40 allowed. This includes elemental, nin/tai/gen, and character/ability unique techniques.
Character abilities: Say you have a Minato biography, submitting custom Flying Thunder God techniques would fall under the normal category, despite them being character unique. This is the general rule of thumb, barring a few exceptions which don't really matter for you as of now tbh. We can go into deeper details later if you want.
Ability unique: Thing of this as a a cache all term, it refers to stuff that fall under the Hidden Ability, Kekkei Genkai, Advanced Ninjutsu, Advanced Elements, and Mode techniques.
The distinction from Normal customs are fields or abilities that have their own set limit which exist outside of the Normal limit, they are the following:
Summoning Contracts, which can be divided into two.
Canon Summoning Contracts(SC): Should you sign a canon contract, you can submit up to 10 custom animals of your own. However, should you wish to create custom techniques for said contracts, such as a Snake biting attack for example, it would count towards the normal limit, with the caveat of you being able to submit as much as you want of them, but counting towards the normal CJ limit.
Custom Summoning Contracts(CSC): Should you create a custom summoning contract, you are also allowed 10 custom animals for it, with the added caveat of another 10 Custom Summoning Contract Jutsu (CSCJ) that exist on their own beyond the normal CJ limit. Do note that this is for each CSC that you make and also note that there are levels to CSCs that would have a lesser amount allowed for better core abilities, which we can go into more detail later.
In general, you are allowed two summoning contracts per your bio (3 if you are a Sage), although you can learn/sign as many as you want.
Custom Fighting Style(CFS): You are allowed to create 2 custom fighting styles, with each of them being allowed 10 Custom Fighting Style Jutsu (CFSJ). Similar to CSC, you can learn as many as you want, but are only allowed a set amount per you bio, if I'm not mistaken the limit is 4. (5 if you are a sage)
Custom Elements(CE): You are allowed to create 2 Custom elements, be a co-creator of 3 customs elements, and be a student of 2 customs elements. However, the total itself must not exceed 5, regardless of which combination it is, and you can only actually use 4 out of the 5. The fifth would be unlocked upon reaching Sage rank. Each CE is allowed 12 Custom Element Jutsu (CEJ).
Custom Weapons (CW): You are allowed to create 2 custom weapons, with each having 1 Custom Weapon Jutsu(CWJ) allowed.
Custom Technology (CT): Otherwise known as Scientific Ninja Tools(SNT) You are allowed to create 5 SNT
Custom Clans (CC): You can create a single custom clan upon reaching Sage Rank, while being allowed 8 Custom Clan Jutsu(CCJ). While that's far away for you, should you join a CC, you are allowed to created 4 Personal Custom Clan Jutsu(PCCJ).

Do note that some of these are rank dependent, so you'd need to refer to the chart to make sure what you can and cant submit, and that there are some more distinctions within each that we can go over in detail at your discretion. Also note that a created customs, generally, can only be learned by 6 people besides the creator. So, the limit of customs you can create at a bare minimum is quite high, with some abilities allowing even more, such as Medical Ninjutsu (3), Mangekyo Sharingan (CMS) (3), and a few others we can go into more detail should you be choosing said abilities.

Per a single custom cycle, you are allowed to submit 8 customs following the criteria below:
General Submissions - 4
CJ, SC, CSC, CFSJ, CEJ, CW
Advanced Submissions - 3
CCJ, CT, CMS
Custom Fields - 1
CFS, CE, CC

You mentioned you wanted a distinction on Fūin, Yin, and Yang. Well, in brief, they are perhaps the most versatile fields you can use. Without going into much detail about them since these fields require their own training, these are the basic concepts.
Fuinjutsu, known as Sealing Arts, deals with sealing and unsealing 'stuff', be it chakra, physical, spiritual, or other. The field also includes 'barriers'. In general, Fuin can be used to restrict your opponent, drain their chakra, seal off specific abilities, and tbh a wide variety of things. It's the field that has a lot of room to be expanded on, it even has an Advanced field that allow for more room.
As for Yin and Yang, consider them the building blocks of everything in the RP, every non-elemental ability contains them in certain ratios, although that in itself is generally not important, since said abilities usually have their own defined traits and characteristics. But, should you go deeper and obtain Yin & Yang you can achieve great feats. Consider Yin the pinnacle of Spiritual & Mental fields, while Yang is that of physical fields.