Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I started reading the manga around the Kage summit arc. Everything before then i watched in the anime. I just decided recently to read Pain's assault to see if his many bad-ass feats were canon and tbh i wasn't disappointed. Pain's wrecking of Konoha is even more devastating than i thought. (It's a bit shocking the Konohamaru rasengan thing was canon though)

However, reading through that arc, i noticed something.

. And that is only a part of konoha not a full aerial view of the whole village. It's so large that despite the loud , the investigation division didn't have an inkling of what was happening .

. A wider aerial field of view where Pain is that tiny black dot above the epicenter of Shinra Tensei and the Konoha gate/fence is still nowhere in sight.

The sheer size of the village able to harbor a 10km radius Forest of death probably explains why without Katsuyu or the byakugan, there was no way to follow what was happening with Pain and Naruto from the gate as it was too far out.

In this scan, despite the sheer size of Gamabunta and the other two frogs that were summoned to Konoha along with Naruto, Shikamaru and company couldn't even see them.
You must be registered for see images

All that above proves that the distance between the center of Konoha where Pain vs Naruto took place and the fence where all the shinobi were shinra tensei'd to is quite far. Probably massively underrating it but it's definitely greater than 100m right?

Enter this overlooked feat:

She moved so fast the bodyguard reacted only after she had gotten there. It actually even looks like Naruto then Pain noticed her first before the bodyguard right? Then the scan also shares debris similarities with near death Neji's blitz in Part 1 but this one definitely covers a larger distance.

Also, her appearance shocked Naruto whose fov should have at least seen her coming. The only way he couldn't have seen her coming before hand is if she was moving extremely fast.

If I've been able to convince you that was a speed feat, then i need opinions on what kind of speed feat it was. A shunshin is definitely part of it but look at the height of the craters caused by Pain's shinra tensei.

This particular one below is actually a zoom showing that the distance between the outer crater and the crater Pain and Naruto were in is also very vast. When you realize that a human compared to the toads in this scan will be like a dot, then you can envisage how great the distance will be for a human there.

The craters are indeed very high and i don't believe shunshin has been used to drop down from high places? If this is the case, how did Hinata get down 2 different high craters so fast without the bodyguard able to keep track?

Or can the shunshin be used for fast up-down movements? I'll like to know every one's opinion on this.

Legendary Broly

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm no good at analysing this kind of thing so I actually never thought about how quickly she got there until you made this thread XD I'm leaving towards plot no jutsu as it was for the sake of the story as Naruto was in a tight spot .. But I would love to see if anyone can explain her speed who is good at analysis.

Reactions: Jinrou

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Or can the shunshin be used for fast up-down movements? I'll like to know every one's opinion on this.
To answer that question just take a look here..

I think this is a good speed feat for Hinata , im wondering exactly how far she and her body-guard were in comparison between Naruto and Pain but it did seem she crossed quite a distance in an instant based on Kishi's portrayal.

-In comparison half dead and chakra drained Neji (Which drastically reduces speed) was able to cross 50m+ in under 1.4 seconds to get to Kido before he fell , so i think Hinata crossing more than said distance in less time is very much wat she did there. How far of a distance do u think she crossed??

-A side a note , Hinata could've opened her attack with Air-Palm the moment she took her leap , but i guess Hinata was simply meant to be destroyed by Pain..

Last edited:

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To answer that question just take a look here..

I think this is a good speed feat for Hinata , im wondering exactly how far she and her body-guard were in comparison between Naruto and Pain but it did seem she crossed quite a distance in an instant based on Kishi's portrayal.

-In comparison half dead and chakra drained Neji (Which drastically reduces speed) was able to cross 50m+ in under 1.4 seconds to get to Kido before he fell , so i think Hinata crossing more than said distance in less time is very much wat she did there. How far of a distance do u think she crossed??

-A side a note , Hinata could've opened her attack with Air-Palm the moment she took her leap , but i guess Hinata was simply meant to be destroyed by Pain..
I see..so it indeed was all body flicker.

Pain's shinra tensei pushed all of Konoha towards the fence. All that rubble was at the fence and if you notice the wider fov of pain starting the shinra tensei, you'll see the fence is still not in sight so i guess it's quite the distance.

@bold i did think about that too lol..but if you check out that arc, Kakashi did not once strike Deva at all xD Even sage mode Naruto didn't lol....Kishi be damned before he makes a female side character who hadn't made any appearance since early shippuden tag the strongest path when the copy ninja and the main character couldn't touch him.

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see..so it indeed was all body flicker.

Pain's shinra tensei pushed all of Konoha towards the fence. All that rubble was at the fence and if you notice the wider fov of pain starting the shinra tensei, you'll see the fence is still not in sight so i guess it's quite the distance.
Could u find the panel where Hinata was beside her body-guard? we can probably get some clues from that point on.

@bold i did think about that too lol..but if you check out that arc, Kakashi did not once strike Deva at all xD Even sage mode Naruto didn't lol....Kishi be damned before he makes a female side character who hadn't made any appearance since early shippuden tag the strongest path when the copy ninja and the main character couldn't touch him.
Thats true , pain had no way to react to a air palm from that distance tho and SM Naruto did hit pain lol..

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Before quantifying the feat, we need to know when Hinata started to move.
True. Portrayal is all we have to go on here..but the vast distance and the bodyguards reaction to Hinata trying to blindside pain don't support a scenario where Hinata left early. The yelling and comment about his leg isn't something he would do if Hinata had left way earlier.
If that panel of his reaction had at least come before Hinata's panel of reaching Pain and Naruto then i guess that would make it harder to use as a speed feat but that isn't the case.

Could u find the panel where Hinata was beside her body-guard? we can probably get some clues from that point on.

Thats true , pain had no way to react to a air palm from that distance tho and SM Naruto did hit pain lol..
Her last scene was in . There it appears she's brooding on what to do. She arrives page 8 though but you can briefly read just those scans to see for yourself. Pages 6 and 7 also have a view of the direction she came from.

@bold did he? lol..I don't think he had tagged Deva at the point Hinata interfered.

Last edited:

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
True. Portrayal is all we have to go on here..but the vast distance and the bodyguards reaction to Hinata trying to blindside pain don't support a scenario where Hinata left early. The yelling and comment about his leg isn't something he would do if Hinata had left way earlier.
If that panel of his reaction had at least come before Hinata's panel of reaching Pain and Naruto then i guess that would make it harder to use as a speed feat but that isn't the case.
Well the page before Hinata appeared, it seemed like she was no where near Pain ( ) despite us seeing all the way to the edge of the crater.

Regardless, Hinata wasn't fast enough to blindside Deva path despite sneaking up on him. From this we can conclude that Deva is far superior to Hinata in speed because Zetsu could blindside Hinata so the gap between Hinata and a mere Zetsu clone is smaller than the gap between Hinata and Deva path.

Last edited:

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Regardless, Hinata wasn't fast enough to blindside Deva path despite sneaking up on him. From this we can conclude that Deva is far superior to Hinata in speed because Zetsu could blindside Hinata so the gap between Hinata and a mere Zetsu clone is smaller than the gap between Hinata and Deva path.
I dont think we can safely use her getting blindsided by zetsu n she was in fact fighting a army of them for some time and Hinata in that instance did not even have her byakugan activated which hints that she was getting low on Chakra/stamina along with the fact that it was a surprise attack , not to mention that as chiyo noted , battle exp is wat allows one to better react to those exact type of situations.(Instant reaction).

Pain/Nagato are easily above her in exp , chakra , skill and speed not to mention he reacted to a point-blank kick from SM Naruto so him reacting to a single linear attack in that situation is very understandable but i dont think we can use the zetsu feat to say that a Hinata's speed is close to a single zetsu clone..

Her last scene was in . There it appears she's brooding on what to do. She arrives page 8 though but you can briefly read just those scans to see for yourself. Pages 6 and 7 also have a view of the direction she came from.

@bold did he? lol..I don't think he had tagged Deva at the point Hinata interfered.
Considering the fact that she came from that much distance and the fact that kishi seems to have portrayed her already on the move in correlation to us seeing Team Gai , i think this is a nice distance movement feat for Hinata considering she had to run down the edges its still a little hard to gauge but nice thread all the same.

Last edited:

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well the page before Hinata appeared, it seemed like she was no where near Pain ( ) despite us seeing all the way to the edge of the crater.

Oh no don't misunderstand. In no way am i trying to say Hinata is faster than Deva. After-all a few minutes later, he was able to avoid being caught by 6 tailed Naruto..Just trying to gauge her feat here. Besides, isn't the fact that Deva avoided the attack more testament to his own instant reactions and not necessarily speed?

I'm not exactly sure why you brought up the Zetsu case though? And it was 3 Zetsu that blindsided her there not one.

I dont think we can safely use her getting blindsided by zetsu n she was in fact fighting a army of them for some time and Hinata in that instance did not even have her byakugan activated which hints that she was getting low on Chakra/stamina along with the fact that it was a surprise attack , not to mention that as chiyo noted , battle exp is wat allows one to better react to those exact type of situations.(Instant reaction).

Pain/Nagato are easily above her in exp , chakra , skill and speed not to mention he reacted to a point-blank kick from SM Naruto so him reacting to a single linear attack in that situation is very understandable but i dont think we can use the zetsu feat to say that a Hinata's speed is close to a single zetsu clone..

Considering the fact that she came from that much distance and the fact that kishi seems to have portrayed her already on the move in correlation to us seeing Team Gai , i think this is a nice distance movement feat for Hinata considering she had to run down the edges its still a little hard to gauge but nice thread all the same.
lol thanks..you're right it's very hard to gauge. But how does the body flicker work exactly? What aspects of chakra does it need? Volume? Control? Or both?

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh no don't misunderstand. In no way am i trying to say Hinata is faster than Deva. After-all a few minutes later, he was able to avoid being caught by 6 tailed Naruto..Just trying to gauge her feat here. Besides, isn't the fact that Deva avoided the attack more testament to his own instant reactions and not necessarily speed?

I'm not exactly sure why you brought up the Zetsu case though? And it was 3 Zetsu that blindsided her there not one.

lol thanks..you're right it's very hard to gauge. But how does the body flicker work exactly? What aspects of chakra does it need? Volume? Control? Or both?
Its based on both , chakra can be used to make the whole body move faster but can be concentrated in the legs for a movement speed boost specifically.

Kakooli

Elite
Kin
3,920💸
Kumi
1,401💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The sheer power and destructive capabilities of shinra tensei is scary. Imagine what Sasuke would have been able to do if he had it, for that reason alone I can see why Kishi nerfed him at VOTE 2. Sasuke's Chibaku tensei with his hour-old rinnegan was vastly superior to Pain's, Lord knows what his shinra tensei would have been like. It probably would have, at the very least, wiped out all of the sleeping alliance.

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
10/10 thread.
Never realized this incredible feat, well done.
She's very fast.
lol..ty man ^^

Its based on both , chakra can be used to make the whole body move faster but can be concentrated in the legs for a movement speed boost specifically.
Alright then... but that would mean a long distance shunshin should technically require more chakra right?

Btw, since it's difficult to gauge when she started moving and the exact distance she covered, i was wondering about the speed feat in the inner crater (where Pain vs Naruto took place) itself? We don't see her anywhere in and all of a sudden she makes an appearance in the very first panel of ..

The size of the crater is the issue here lol.

When Deva landed after the massive shinra tensei, he . The first stage of that battle involved Naruto squaring up with the demon, preta and animal paths. The only times Deva moved in the first stage of the fight, , .

This means the battle between the large summonings jumping, running and flying took place in Naruto's half of the crater and with plenty of space to spare..

The bird summon

We also have pain and scans showing behind and the sides of Naruto during the fight but we don't ever catch a glimpse of the other two toads who (bottom panel)

So with all this an assumption that the crater could have at least been 800m to 1km in diameter isn't far fetched right? This should give her quite the speed feat right? (especially since Deva used bunta to cross quite the distance into Naruto's half of the crater)