One Punch Man Is Overrated and suck in a fictional standpoint

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anyone who who writes fiction either professionally or as a hobby knows a story needs plot, it is the foundation of the story and it is what drives and keeps the story appealing, secondary is Character and their development.etc, here is a brief summary of OPM
The story takes place in the fictional Japanese metropolis of City Z. The world is full of strange monsters that mysteriously appear and cause disasters. Saitama, the protagonist, is the strongest hero, who easily defeats the monsters or other villains with a single punch. However, due to his overwhelming strength, Saitama has become bored with his powers and is constantly trying to find stronger opponents who can present a challenge to him.
Here is the problem... There is NO plot to this story.. This dude does not have to struggle or work his way up, he has to do NOTHING, I cannot sympathize with a character like this and no one can, because we all have struggles and weakness, but Saitama. . One punch.. Thats it, Wtf . and being the strongest means no character development, the dude got bored and decided to find new opponents, good luck with that, good freaking luck, I am not watching or reading that series anymore.

Troyg39

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I feel like with a name like One Punch Man, you're overrated off gate.

But to your point I can see it working if they're going with the whole "there's always someone stronger out there" thing and he's playing the "guy who is the strongest in his area goes to find a challenge and is surprised to find others even stronger than him" role.

Then again I don't watch/read One Punch Man just off the name alone

Reactions: Prince Lucifer

Exaar

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I personally liked it

I mean alot of mangas these days have the whole "underdog fighting his way up" thing going for them these days, it's nice to have a little change of pace every once in a while.
I found the "plot" simplistic, doesn't take its self to seriously, doesn't over complicate things and so on. it's a nice change of pace after reading manga's like naruto who put so much into plot only to have it shat on in it's last arc.

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
At least I can see good guy blasting arrogant villains easily rather than waiting in pain and distress seeing the villain toying, insulting, torturing good side before they get defeat.

Uchihakil

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea as Exaar said, it's different unlike your normal shounen anime with plot, and a gag anime/manga, opm fans are the worst to be honest, but you can't blame them sometimes because of how the mangaka portrayed saitama

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anyone who who writes fiction either professionally or as a hobby knows a story needs plot, it is the foundation of the story and it is what drives and keeps the story appealing, secondary is Character and their development.etc, here is a brief summary of OPM

Here is the problem... There is NO plot to this story.. This dude does not have to struggle or work his way up, he has to do NOTHING, I cannot sympathize with a character like this and no one can, because we all have struggles and weakness, but Saitama. . One punch.. Thats it, Wtf . and being the strongest means no character development, the dude got bored and decided to find new opponents, good luck with that, good freaking luck, I am not watching or reading that series anymore.
You, do not get satire sir.

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No Bueno. The joke got old for me fast and it reminds me of a Superman which I dislike, so I dropped it.

But hey, to each their own, what you don't like other do and so on, no need to try and rustle people. End the cycle !

HODGYLONG

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. OPM isn't meant to be taken seriously
2. At least Saitama isn't crying and getting his ass kicked every episode/chapter like almost every other battle anime/manga