Darkboy85

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, now that I'm caught up, I was wondering if the movies were worth watching? If so, which one(s) do you guys recommend I watch?

I know there are quite the amount of one piece movies out there but which ones stand out the most? I hear that "strong world" is quite good but I wanted your advice on it.

Also, I believe the most recent movie is "one piece: film Z", Am I right? Is it any good?

I want a movie that has an interesting plot. I don't necessarily care about the animation quality although it would be a plus if it were also good.

Lord Naruto San

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One Piece Z is the best and can fit in with Canon also pretty Nostalgic also seeing Z taught most of the Marines when they were younger almost broke me down when they cried

VongolaX

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kind of disappointing...

The fight between luffy and Z is even more unrealistic than Shiki lion vs Luffy.

Strong world was at least really interesting

Moonbird

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah definetely, Strong world and Z are by far the best movies, it really helped a lot when Oda started to be a part of the development for these things.

Yup, Oda the real deal author, wrote the story for Strong World and it shows! It's also pretty sweet that since the movie was considered a pretty big deal at the time, they made a special episode in the anime which worked as a kind of prolouge to the movie, taking place twenty years before the plot of One Piece.

So we actually shortly get to see Buggy and Shanks unboard Rogers ship, clinging a bit to Rayleigh, as well as a young Garp doing some chasing around, the first meeting between Shanks and Yasopp, it's a very neat little special where well, you get to see all these small glanced of the past connected to our main characters, it's pretty fascinating.

Strong world has great character moments and interaction, great jokes, great action, it's entertaining, it's preciesly what you would want from a one piece movie.

Of course it's not quite as good as the anime, but you never get angry at it or bored with it, and it has some very good moments, it's entertains like it should ^^

One Piece Z has Usopp go under cover as a pimp at one point...
I must admit, that has been one of my biggest "What the hell? "moments in One Piece... and yeah Usopp really goes for the pimp with weird clothes and pimp moustacio and every-thing... Usopp... What are you doing?

Reactions: ultraChalk

Moonbird

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, that alone makes me want to watch the movie.

Thank you guys for the suggestions ^^
Glad I could help.
Then you would probably also like to know that Strong World has Brook firing a really huge gun continously while laughing like a maniac just going. "YOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOO!"
... I swear to god, Brook is also smoking weed at the very beginning of the movie, It's a joint he is holding! there's no mistaking that fact! It's a bloody joint!
Yet when Brook is concerned, why even be surprised? -_-;

Strong World has a lot more funny moments than Z, Z is a more a serious in tone One Piece movie, by far the darkest of all of the One Piece movies... also the only one which takes place after the Time Skip so that kind of makes sense, the entire atmopshere of the manga did change with Marine Ford after all, everything became more serious with bigger stakes, the cute small adventures of bygone days are sadly, all gone now, the manga has grown past that.

This is so a joint -_-;
Just look at the seventies hippie clothes he's wearing for the occasion.
[video=youtube;YmbXP-46WPQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmbXP-46WPQ[/video]

ultraChalk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Check out One Piece movie 6. It's a very unique movie with a message behind it. A cliche message, value your friends, but it goes more in depth on Luffys sense of responsibility for his nakama, and explores his personality in ways that even the manga hasn't touched yet.

You'll love it. The art style was ahead of it's time too.

Strong World and Z are also great movies. I can't choose which one I like more though.

Last edited:

Listz

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmmmm i'd rather suggest you to watch them all from the first one to the 12th. You can see how all of them are differ to each other and since you don't mind the animation quality, you may favour the one that most people dislike. But my top 5 would be as followed:-

1. 4th movie: The Dead End Adventure (i can't remember how many times i re-watch this. It has something unique that attracts me)
2. 10th movie: Strong World (need to say more? Adventure in the middle of the vast sky is dream-like to all people, damn it!)
3. 12th movie: Film Z (Hats-off to Zephyr sensei, ex-admiral.)
4. 11th movie: 3D Mugiwara Chase (it's like watching a full story of One Piece game. As enjoyable as riding a roller-coaster.)
5. 6th movie: Baron Omatsuri and The Secret Island (beware of hidden messages in the storyplot. A movie that saddened my heart.)