2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Remnants"

One Piece Manga Chapter 992 Discussion and 993 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 992 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 993

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Does Raizo have a devil fruit power? So far, the whole being a ninja thing was more of a gimmick than anything else and the techniques he employed, seemed to have a practical nature. But now he suddenly can seal & unseal powerful attacks in scrolls? That's something of a completely different caliber and could've come straight out of a Naruto chapter.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Does Raizo have a devil fruit power? So far, the whole being a ninja thing was more of a gimmick than anything else and the techniques he employed, seemed to have a practical nature. But now he suddenly can seal & unseal powerful attacks in scrolls? That's something of a completely different caliber and could've come straight out of a Naruto chapter.
There's no obvious link between his clones and that scroll. I think it might actually be one of those cases where non-DF characters have special techniques. Could be that he has a DF that duplicates stuff or something though. Wait I know, probably a redirection DF. Then he could refract light in a way that allows it to seem like he has clones and redirect Kaido's attack.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yamato looks good with her color scheme, I wouldn't mind if she joined the crew. I like her strength, resolve and personality. And it'll probably lead to some jaw dropping moments from people who know who she is.

I love how the Red Scabbards are giving Kaidou a fight even taking Oden back into battle. i fear playtime will be over soon, but at least they put in some damage already, old wounds are opened up after 20 years.

Didn't see the Carrot going for revenge angle coming. We've been focusing a lot on Kaidou's troops but they also need to start working on Big Mom's troops or else she just walks over in the end. I still expect a a fight between the yonkou when their alliance will inevitably crumbles. We need some yonkou power to cancel each other out.

I think Raizou has a devil fruit. They don't fully understand the concept of devil fruits on Wano and they often call it magic. He probably had this power from early on and adopted his ninja personality around it and started to believe his magic was coming from his ninja techniques.

All the other ninja's we've seen so far on Wano have powers that are within the realm of believable of trained superhumans with a gimmick. But Raizou took it to another level.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Great action chapter. Lovely sea train color spread with the Strawhats toasting to Oda's good health hopefully. Yamato on the Jump cover reveals red horns just like Black Maria then her multi-layered hair fading from white to green to Kaido blue. I like it. Ulti who had blue hair with pink streaks, now Yamato with her partially dyed hair, it's rare for Oda to give his girls multiple hair colors and now we have two prominent ones.

Big Mom returns having a business meeting with her favorite sons Perospero and Marco. Because Robin seriously sent her all the way outside the skull. "Do you not trust me?", Big Mom's words for the fanbase. She fully intended to pull one over on Kaido at some future point and take the PK crown for herself. I have to agree, why bother joining forces with your hated rival just to end it a few days into the alliance before you obtain a single Poneglyph? It's pretty funny that Marco is treated like an equal partner in this negotiation. Perospero is freaking out while Marco plays it cool. He's here by himself and not even in charge of the raid, but BM sees him like a psuedo-Yonko backed by forces of the ex-Whitebeard Pirates and respecting his choice to pick a side in the war. Finally, the reason at least Perospero but none of the other BM Pirates made it to the skull was for a Carrot and Wanda revenge plot. Spared from the rooftop battle to become candy. Surely with Wanda's brains and both of their Sulong forms, there is a creative solution to defeating one-armed Peros. But if Wanda goes down and Carrot pulls a miracle off by herself, it's Carrot4Nakama time.

Kaido...this does not make you weak. They're just THAT strong! Amazing choreography and paneling, lots of creative shots. That's how a gang of samurai slaying a dragon should look like. All the damage Kaido keeps taking, but he just looks clean one page later. Kaido remains a slow big fat target in his Dragon form because he still can't believe what's happening. He has fire breath, lightning breath, ability to create clouds, flies without the use of wings, none of it useful so far but this is one Mythical Zoan that breaks all ideas of restrictions. Raizo also showcases powerful ninja scroll magic, potentially world-breaking. Raizo was the one fiddling with the seastone box hiding the keys to Luffy's Udon seastone cuffs, it's unlikely he's a DF user. He could be carrying legendary scrolls created by a talented DF user in the past. Otherwise we're left to assume there's a potent magical power system that ninja have access to in the background of this series. Raizo was introduced making clones and substitute logs, to go from that to sealing Kaido's Boro Breath with paper and throwing it back in his face is a stunning leap in his capabilites. I would love to hear more about this stuff in a future SBS or databook.

It's nice to get confirmation that Oden's disciples were each working hard to develop their own unique fighting styles behind his back. But still charming that they learned Ryuo and even mimic Oden's technique at the end of the chapter to show their respect. The extra katanas being weilded there probably belonged to some fallen Minks. Inuarashi with his Zou rapier on one hand, his Wano katana on the other, and leg sword Santoryu style looks the best. I could imagine Black Maria being given her own OST by the anime to segue into the battle between Kaido and the Scabbards. Very surprising to see how little the Strawhats were involved in this action heavy chapter, something Onigashima desperately needed, but next week we're definitely getting back to them. It'll be interesting to see how Big Mom and Marco, Perospero and Pedro's avengers plays out with all the other action inside the dome.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well I mean to be fair he is a ninja and as you said it's a existing skill in ninja fiction, anything you've seen a ninja do in another work I feel is all fair game for this ninja to do as well. I don't think he has a fruit I just think it's more ninpo.
Post automatically merged:

Yamato looks good with her color scheme, I wouldn't mind if she joined the crew. I like her strength, resolve and personality. And it'll probably lead to some jaw dropping moments from people who know who she is.

I love how the Red Scabbards are giving Kaidou a fight even taking Oden back into battle. i fear playtime will be over soon, but at least they put in some damage already, old wounds are opened up after 20 years.

Didn't see the Carrot going for revenge angle coming. We've been focusing a lot on Kaidou's troops but they also need to start working on Big Mom's troops or else she just walks over in the end. I still expect a a fight between the yonkou when their alliance will inevitably crumbles. We need some yonkou power to cancel each other out.

I think Raizou has a devil fruit. They don't fully understand the concept of devil fruits on Wano and they often call it magic. He probably had this power from early on and adopted his ninja personality around it and started to believe his magic was coming from his ninja techniques.

All the other ninja's we've seen so far on Wano have powers that are within the realm of believable of trained superhumans with a gimmick. But Raizou took it to another level.
Do many people know who she is? It sounded to me like Kaido had been keeping her on Onigashima out of the view of most of the world especially given most people never go to Wano. As for her joining, it's possible not saying it's not but I think she'll stick around to help Momo open Wano especially if the Scabbards do die, Momo will need strong people around him plus she believes she's Oden and Oden's goal was to open Wano.
Post automatically merged:

Great action chapter. Lovely sea train color spread with the Strawhats toasting to Oda's good health hopefully. Yamato on the Jump cover reveals red horns just like Black Maria then her multi-layered hair fading from white to green to Kaido blue. I like it. Ulti who had blue hair with pink streaks, now Yamato with her partially dyed hair, it's rare for Oda to give his girls multiple hair colors and now we have two prominent ones.

Big Mom returns having a business meeting with her favorite sons Perospero and Marco. Because Robin seriously sent her all the way outside the skull. "Do you not trust me?", Big Mom's words for the fanbase. She fully intended to pull one over on Kaido at some future point and take the PK crown for herself. I have to agree, why bother joining forces with your hated rival just to end it a few days into the alliance before you obtain a single Poneglyph? It's pretty funny that Marco is treated like an equal partner in this negotiation. Perospero is freaking out while Marco plays it cool. He's here by himself and not even in charge of the raid, but BM sees him like a psuedo-Yonko backed by forces of the ex-Whitebeard Pirates and respecting his choice to pick a side in the war. Finally, the reason at least Perospero but none of the other BM Pirates made it to the skull was for a Carrot and Wanda revenge plot. Spared from the rooftop battle to become candy. Surely with Wanda's brains and both of their Sulong forms, there is a creative solution to defeating one-armed Peros. But if Wanda goes down and Carrot pulls a miracle off by herself, it's Carrot4Nakama time.

Kaido...this does not make you weak. They're just THAT strong! Amazing choreography and paneling, lots of creative shots. That's how a gang of samurai slaying a dragon should look like. All the damage Kaido keeps taking, but he just looks clean one page later. Kaido remains a slow big fat target in his Dragon form because he still can't believe what's happening. He has fire breath, lightning breath, ability to create clouds, flies without the use of wings, none of it useful so far but this is one Mythical Zoan that breaks all ideas of restrictions. Raizo also showcases powerful ninja scroll magic, potentially world-breaking. Raizo was the one fiddling with the seastone box hiding the keys to Luffy's Udon seastone cuffs, it's unlikely he's a DF user. He could be carrying legendary scrolls created by a talented DF user in the past. Otherwise we're left to assume there's a potent magical power system that ninja have access to in the background of this series. Raizo was introduced making clones and substitute logs, to go from that to sealing Kaido's Boro Breath with paper and throwing it back in his face is a stunning leap in his capabilites. I would love to hear more about this stuff in a future SBS or databook.

It's nice to get confirmation that Oden's disciples were each working hard to develop their own unique fighting styles behind his back. But still charming that they learned Ryuo and even mimic Oden's technique at the end of the chapter to show their respect. The extra katanas being weilded there probably belonged to some fallen Minks. Inuarashi with his Zou rapier on one hand, his Wano katana on the other, and leg sword Santoryu style looks the best. I could imagine Black Maria being given her own OST by the anime to segue into the battle between Kaido and the Scabbards. Very surprising to see how little the Strawhats were involved in this action heavy chapter, something Onigashima desperately needed, but next week we're definitely getting back to them. It'll be interesting to see how Big Mom and Marco, Perospero and Pedro's avengers plays out with all the other action inside the dome.
@bold is it though? Think of the other ninja manga, clone and substitution jutsu were on the easier end of the scale there and so was storing a jutsu in a scroll and using it later. Tenten did it with weapons and we see it in Boruto with the ninja tools. Granted they're not the same universe but I don't think it's that weird to think this is just another ninja move like we've seen in other ninja works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.