2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Somehow, I Don't Feel Like We're Losing"

One Piece Manga Chapter 989 Discussion and 990 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 989 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 990

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's good character development for the whole crew. They're finally growing up, maturing and demonstrating confidence in themselves and each other. Compared to the old days where they were all scattered and dependant on just Sanji and Zoro, even in Dressrosa, this is night and day difference. They all know their capabilities and their positions. They no longer have that nervous energy of beginners.

Finally, they are starting to have the same aura as Shank's crew, although they still have a way to go.

Shellshocked

Kin
378💸
Kumi
43💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very good chapter. Jinbe blended right in. I still feel that Robins been super nerfed considering how dangerous she was when she was introduced and Chopper should be smashing heads off them rumble balls but hey leave it up to Cutty Flam to showout 🕺

Reactions: Erikhog

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Except Sanji, who didn't have the confidence in them to help him save his family.
You mean that moment in time when he was held on Yonkou turf without a huge alliance backing him up, locked in explosive bracelets with a gun against his 'fathers' head on the Baratie,

Yeah seems like it was the smart move to keep everyone alive.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You mean that moment in time when he was held on Yonkou turf without a huge alliance backing him up, locked in explosive bracelets with a gun against his 'fathers' head on the Baratie,

Strawhats aren't supposed to make the rational choice though.

Reactions: chopstickchakra

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

No I mean when he was on Zou with his whole crew against Bege and willingly gave himself over. That moment

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In case nobody noticed when Big Mom referred to the NUMBERS are ANCIENT GIANTS. There was a scene where the strawhats are running from Law and come across a see-through floor room. They see people frozen underneath them and get freaked out. What exactly was ceasar doing in punk hazard.....he wasnt just creating artifical devil fruits for Kaidou he was doing some super dodgy shit with frozen ancient giants.
PS - what about the Yeti Brothers? They were massive?! and they BOTH wore strawhats. Could Joyboy or whoever the massive strawhat in marejois belongs to have been a ANCIENT GIANT?

Last edited:

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
My theory has always been that Uranus is either some kind of technology or method that creates Giants. Maybe even the Oars kinds of Giants? I think there is a reason why the WG believed they could create Giants in the first place. And I believe that these Numbers are the closes they got in trying to make them, but these things seem like their mindless creatures, so their probably not close to the real thing.

Reactions: WhistleBlower

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In case nobody noticed when Big Mom referred to the NUMBERS are ANCIENT GIANTS. There was a scene where the strawhats are running from Law and come across a see-through floor room. They see people frozen underneath them and get freaked out. What exactly was ceasar doing in punk hazard.....he wasnt just creating artifical devil fruits for Kaidou he was doing some super dodgy shit with frozen ancient giants.
PS - what about the Yeti Brothers? They were massive?! and they BOTH wore strawhats. Could Joyboy or whoever the massive strawhat in marejois belongs to have been a ANCIENT GIANT?
Failed ancient giants. My memory is a bit hazy, but I seem to remember it as that at one point in the past the WG did research on artificial giants, but the result was a bust and they officially closed down the research. However, Caesar Clown in secret continued the research or picked it up later on. That's why he kidnapped all those children. So, I interpreted this chapter as that the Numbers are the 'failed' final results of the initial research.

Status
Not open for further replies.