2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"I've Kept You Waiting"

One Piece Manga Chapter 988 Discussion and 989 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 988 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 989

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Shellshocked

Kin
378💸
Kumi
43💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chapter read way to fast. Wanted to see more from the Sanji vs King or the Minks but it is what it is . But glad they got momo. The spoilers put to much on the Frankie /BM Thing . I’m wondering what if that witch actually turned Oden into a girl “Yamato” 🤔 that would be a twist

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How big are the odds that BM will have gotten amnesia again after that motorcycle uppercut?
Ah shit, I didn't even consider that.
Don't think I would like that, I said since the Zou arc that Big Mom and Kaidou would probably clash. But I want it to be because their alliance and trust crumbles and they try to backstab eachother. Showing the true power of Luffy's alliance that is formed for the right reasons.

Big Mom is still a yonkou described as 'iron mass' with incredible haki. I don't want to see her lose her memory every time she gets hit in the head. That trope combined with the hunger pang will probably get old fast.

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How big are the odds that BM will have gotten amnesia again after that motorcycle uppercut?
That's literally what I thought as soon as I saw her hit with the motorcycle. I think it would be a way to get her out of all this so that Luffy can eventually fight Kaido, as two yonkos would be way too much to deal with.

Regarding the chapter:

At this point I think BM has been done so dirty and humiliated so much, her Yonko Aura has been revoked for me. I just can't take her seriously. Can you imagine Akainu or the Gorosei being humiliated as much as she has? King knocking her down, memory loss, Queen capturing her, her being unable to catch Nami and others etc. She's become a joke character for me.

Quite disappointed in the chapter itself as I wanted to some action. I absolutely can't stand some of Oda's story methods and at times It's horrendous. So much off panelling, build up and such little substance. I got sick and tired of it a long long time ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kaido vs Scabbards is off panelled for most of it.

Last edited:

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Only thing this chapter did was group characters(Kaido-Scabbards, Jack-Minks, Luffy-BigMom, Sanji-King) against and with each other, so there's not really much to say. I hope that next chapter is like this though so we can see Zoro paired with someone. We haven't seen Zoro's limits since like 500 chapters ago and I'd settle for seeing him neg a strong opponent like Queen.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's literally what I thought as soon as I saw her hit with the motorcycle. I think it would be a way to get her out of all this so that Luffy can eventually fight Kaido, as two yonkos would be way too much to deal with.

Regarding the chapter:

At this point I think BM has been done so dirty and humiliated so much, her Yonko Aura has been revoked for me. I just can't take her seriously. Can you imagine Akainu or the Gorosei being humiliated as much as she has? King knocking her down, memory loss, Queen capturing her, her being unable to catch Nami and others etc. She's become a joke character for me.

Quite disappointed in the chapter itself as I wanted to some action. I absolutely can't stand some of Oda's story methods and at times It's horrendous. So much off panelling, build up and such little substance. I got sick and tired of it a long long time ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kaido vs Scabbards is off panelled for most of it.
When did Queen catch her and didn't she show up having caught Nami and Carrot? Also King didn't hit her he hit the bottom of the ship she was on.

I agree with Love Cook though I hope she doesn't get a concussion again it's just a goofy loophole that doesn't really hold up under scrutiny, I mean if she can't be damaged unless in a Mother Caramel rage than how is she getting concussed?

Also is that Hawkins with Law are we about to see a betrayal on Kaido's side?

Status
Not open for further replies.