2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"The Party Won't Start Now"

One Piece Manga Chapter 977 Discussion and 978 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 977 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 978

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lots of new potential powerhouses: Kaido's son and the remaining members of the Flying Six. I wonder if Kaidou is planning to pull a Big Mom and propose a marriage between his son and one of BM's daughters? The Sanji x Pudding plot line might suddenly receive an extension if she would be married off. I can't imagine Sanji being unfazed if confronted by this situation. Speaking of the BM Pirates they still haven't been shown since they lost BM. I assume they would have arrived on Onigashima by now, but still no sing of that.

I think X drake is defo one of the flying six
I think he's already confirmed to be one of them
Yeah, the Flying Six were originally introduced during the Soba Stall Incident when Drake and Page One, another member, got into a bout with Sanji. His clothing style is also rather distinguishable, so you can easily identify him by his pants and boots.

It seems there's at least one female member. Excluding a few headliners, the Beast Pirates have been primarily male.

Hammock

Veteran
Kin
2,799💸
Kumi
3,417💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lots of new potential powerhouses: Kaido's son and the remaining members of the Flying Six. I wonder if Kaidou is planning to pull a Big Mom and propose a marriage between his son and one of BM's daughters? The Sanji x Pudding plot line might suddenly receive an extension if she would be married off. I can't imagine Sanji being unfazed if confronted by this situation.
That may be a possible outcome as well, but rather I feel like Kaido's son is a good guy and not that strong. Since he didn't even come out to the banquet. Also if Kaido's son and BM's Daugther do get married wouldn't that make the alliance, even more, stable? This would make it nearly impossible for Luffy and others to defeat them without intervention from Red hair pirates or Marines.

Because the only way I see the Supernova Alliance ultimately winning is through a power struggle within the Yonko alliance hence making an opportunity for Supernova.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That may be a possible outcome as well, but rather I feel like Kaido's son is a good guy and not that strong. Since he didn't even come out to the banquet. Also if Kaido's son and BM's Daugther do get married wouldn't that make the alliance, even more, stable? This would make it nearly impossible for Luffy and others to defeat them without intervention from Red hair pirates or Marines.

Because the only way I see the Supernova Alliance ultimately winning is through a power struggle within the Yonko alliance hence making an opportunity for Supernova.
This alliance is still in its inception phase. The fact that the Marines know about it is because X-Drake is a spy. Essentially, this banquet functions as the official announcement of the BM/Beast Pirates alliance. However, I dare say it will not even survive this arc and that the might of at least one Yonkou, possibly two, will be broken.

By default pirates alliances are very unstable and this counts even more for this one considering the erratic nature of BM & Kaidou and their past history together. The entire Xebec thing is nice and all and it might still play a role later on in the story, but at this point it's primarily meant to underline the magnitude of this alliance, which is unprecedented in history. How do you think the world will react if they learn it has been broken before it even began? And more importantly how they will look at the ones who were responsible for this? Even the War of the Best at Marineford would pale in comparison. The incidents at Totto Land were a first 'test'. The Strawhats provoked a Yonkou and got a way with it. Now it's the real deal and overcome them.

The idea of a marriage is to solidify the alliance, but if it doesn't survive this arc, then that's just what it was: an idea. It would not or barely come to fruition, but it doesn't need to. The whole White Cake Island arc was centered around this concept, so no need to repeat it. The idea on the other hand is enough to provide an extra layer to the story and additional character development to Sanji, Pudding and possibly Kaidou's Son. I mean there are still some loose ends in the Sanji/Pudding plot line.

Reactions: Hammock

Hammock

Veteran
Kin
2,799💸
Kumi
3,417💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This alliance is still in its inception phase. The fact that the Marines know about it is because of X-Drake is a spy. Essentially, this banquet functions as the official announcement of the BM/Beast Pirates alliance. However, I dare say it will not even survive this arc and that the might of at least one Yonkou, possibly two, will be broken.

By default pirates alliances are very unstable and this counts even more for this one considering the erratic nature of BM & Kaidou and their past history together. The entire Xebec thing is nice and all and it might still play a role later on in the story, but at this point it's primarily meant to underline the magnitude of this alliance, which is unprecedented in history. How do you think the world will react if they learn it has been broken before it even began? And more importantly how they will look at the ones who were responsible for this? Even the War of the Best at Marineford would pale in comparison. The incidents at Totto Land were a first 'test'. The Strawhats provoked a Yonkou and got a way with it. Now it's the real deal and overcome them.

The idea of a marriage is to solidify the alliance, but if doesn't survive this arc, then that's just what it is: an idea. It would not or barely come to fruition, but it doesn't need to. The whole White Cake Island arc was centered around this concept, so no need to repeat it. The idea on the other hand is enough to provide an extra layer to the story and additional character development to Sanji, Pudding and possibly Kaidou's Son. I mean there are still some loose ends in the Sanji/Pudding plot line.
Doesn't the marines know because of the newspaper? and i agree the alliance may not last that long, Also i think this would be the last arc for one of the yonko as i can see Luffy "Officially" Becoming a yonko after wano, thus replacing either Big mom or Kaido, Or maybe both if Law and Kid show Yonko level performance this arc.

I guess if the marriage happens that would fix the loose ends in Sanji/Pudding plot line along with explaining the history of both Big Mom and Kaido during Xebec's time along the way.

Honestly, can't wait for the war at wano to be over to see how the things fold-out, Goda might do a 360 and even make the arc longer by making the strawhat's invasion of onagishima unsuccessful.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Doesn't the marines know because of the newspaper? and i agree the alliance may not last that long, Also i think this would be the last arc for one of the yonko as i can see Luffy "Officially" Becoming a yonko after wano, thus replacing either Big mom or Kaido, Or maybe both if Law and Kid show Yonko level performance this arc.

I guess if the marriage happens that would fix the loose ends in Sanji/Pudding plot line along with explaining the history of both Big Mom and Kaido during Xebec's time along the way.

Honestly, can't wait for the war at wano to be over to see how the things fold-out, Goda might do a 360 and even make the arc longer by making the strawhat's invasion of onagishima unsuccessful.
This news hasn't been made public yet. The only ones who are aware of it are currently all present in Wano + the upper brass of the marines. Most likely this news will be revealed to the world alongside the message that it already has been destroyed; a double uppercut.

• Wow
Reactions: Hammock

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This alliance is still in its inception phase. The fact that the Marines know about it is because X-Drake is a spy. Essentially, this banquet functions as the official announcement of the BM/Beast Pirates alliance. However, I dare say it will not even survive this arc and that the might of at least one Yonkou, possibly two, will be broken.

The idea of a marriage is to solidify the alliance, but if it doesn't survive this arc, then that's just what it was: an idea. It would not or barely come to fruition, but it doesn't need to. The whole White Cake Island arc was centered around this concept, so no need to repeat it. The idea on the other hand is enough to provide an extra layer to the story and additional character development to Sanji, Pudding and possibly Kaidou's Son. I mean there are still some loose ends in the Sanji/Pudding plot line.
I could have swore the marines found out becuase they tapped their communications and heard through the phone

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I could have swore the marines found out becuase they tapped their communications and heard through the phone
You’re right, there’s a scene where the higher ups know about the alliance because they tapped the phones. They also comment on how Big Mom and Kaido don’t even give enough of a damn to actually hide the lines, which is cool as **** so it’s a shame if anyone forgot about that scene

Small fry like Koby and Drake know because Drake is a spy. This is probably gonna lead into a shitshow for the Marines. I bet they’re gonna try to hide it, but Koby will know, increasing his parallel to his mentor Garp and furthering a divide he’d feel toward Akainu. Remember in Akainu’s Vivre Card book they also say that many Marines don’t like his policy, but follow out of fear, and the Marines have been making quite a few whoopsie-daisee flavored fucksickles with the Dressrosa incident. This is definitely gonna further lead into them being toppled

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That was the conversation BM and Kaidou had right after the White Cake Island arc where BM said she's coming to Wano and on which Kaidou replied he would kill her if she came. That convo was intercepted by the Marines because they weren't even bothering to keep this a secret.

The revelation that BM and Kaidou were going to form an alliance was passed on to the Marines (to Coby if I'm not mistaken) by X-Drake. It was then that it was revealed he was an actually a marine spy instead of marine turned pirate. BM and Kaidou pretty much haphazardly decided to form this alliance when BM was already in Wano.

Im_not_Osama_bin_laden

Regular
Kin
2,583💸
Kumi
330💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I heard a theory that Kaido's son is actually dead and that's why he drinks but when he is drunk he forgets that his son died. I just think its a little weird that no one has mention Kaido's son before like at all.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I heard a theory that Kaido's son is actually dead and that's why he drinks but when he is drunk he forgets that his son died. I just think its a little weird that no one has mention Kaido's son before like at all.
Pretty sure the silhouette of the monster thing talking about drinking was his kid but I guess that could have been a misdirect.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pretty sure the silhouette of the monster thing talking about drinking was his kid but I guess that could have been a misdirect.
That entire page is rather ambiguous. Though, I'm more inclined to believe that that silhouette belongs to one of the Numbers. Queen said that they are horrible drunks and it seems in that panel they are trying to keep alcohol away from the shadowy figure. Also, he's just sitting at one of the tables having fun with other crew members and that conflicts a bit with Kaidou's statement that his son has to come out. I get the impression that in general his son isn't really involved in the 'family business'.

Status
Not open for further replies.