2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Oden Vs Kaido"

One Piece Manga Chapter 970 Discussion and 971 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 970 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 971

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Big chapter... BIG !

Dude, this flashback is gold. I want a spin off of Oden Piece.
That cocky attitude combined with that monstrous strength to back it all up is amazing. Sucks that they got to him with a cowards trick.

Can't wait for Orochi and Kaido to get what they deserve.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Big chapter... BIG !

Dude, this flashback is gold. I want a spin off of Oden Piece.
That cocky attitude combined with that monstrous strength to back it all up is amazing. Sucks that they got to him with a cowards trick.

Can't wait for Orochi and Kaido to get what they deserve.
Pirates don't play by the rules as established by Shanks in chapter 01 so I wouldn't really call it a cowards trick. Anyway Oden pretty much dug his own grave. If he hadn't trusted Orochi or Kaido and waged war on them in the beginning itself then maybe you would have gotten your Oden Piece spin off.

Looks like the people saying Shinobu was the spy last week are probably right.

And here everyone was thinking WB or Akainu gave Kaido that scar.
So do you think Oden is one the seven people who have defeated Kaido?

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is it just me or did this chapter massively dehype Kaido.... like I know it was 20 years ago but still... you mean to tell me Oda hyped up Kaido to be unbeatable in a 1v1 but Oden nearly handed him his ass?? And to make matters worse he only won by a cheap shot? Oda what the hell... so this is how you hype up the boss of this arc and the WSC???? He didnt even get a legit win. This was the perfect time to hype up Kaido and show us how strong he is... but somehow Oden ended up looking much more of a monster than Kaido did.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is it just me or did this chapter massively dehype Kaido.... like I know it was 20 years ago but still... you mean to tell me Oda hyped up Kaido to be unbeatable in a 1v1 but Oden nearly handed him his ass?? And to make matters worse he only won by a cheap shot? Oda what the hell... so this is how you hype up the boss of this arc and the WSC???? He didnt even get a legit win. This was the perfect time to hype up Kaido and show us how strong he is... but somehow Oden ended up looking much more of a monster than Kaido did.

At least it took a named attack to bring down Kaido where else Oden got one shotted by a regular club swing. This chapter establishes that Kaido's full dragon form isn't meant for fighting as he is basically a huge target for any decent fighter.

Btw I found it a bit odd that Oden was able to tank an attack from Roger but could not handle Kaido's regular club swing? Either Kaido is just ridiculously strong when he is in base mode or his club is something special.

Reactions: lukaberlec

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This chapter is pretty good for clarifying Wano's strength. Apparently, even Kaido's army were wary of Samurai just like the Admirals were. The big-headed Samurai even looks like he might've tanked a hit from King. Maybe they're all around Perospero's level? If the admirals know this stuff happened and assumed Oden's Samurai had all died, does this mean there are additional Samurai(specifically noteworthy ones) that the Strawhats or Scabbards will face? Also, Luffy might not be so far from Kaido afterall. It seems that the club is simply ridiculously strong.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why can't it be both ? Oden is just up there. Monster of a man.

The gap between Luffy and Yonkou is already established. This just shows that Oden is really up there as well.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pirates don't play by the rules as established by Shanks in chapter 01 so I wouldn't really call it a cowards trick. Anyway Oden pretty much dug his own grave. If he hadn't trusted Orochi or Kaido and waged war on them in the beginning itself then maybe you would have gotten your Oden Piece spin off.

So do you think Oden is one the seven people who have defeated Kaido?
I don't think so since we know he loses. Also was it seven different people or seven times? Could have been multiple losses to one person too.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Rekt yet he was able to get up a few seconds later and land a hit strong enough to end the fight.....I think we have different definitions of 'rekt'
That was totally rekt. Openings that huge are a rarity in even fights. Look at your own example for why Kaido wasn't rekt. That came off the back of an opening Kaido hadn't even earned. Had Oden actually been able to use his own opening, Kaido would probably be dead. If slashing Kaido's chest once downs him like that, it's apparent that Kaido doesn't have the endurance of someone like Luffy. I'm betting that slicing his neck would result in him bleeding out even if he isn't decapitated.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That was totally rekt. Openings that huge are a rarity in even fights. Look at your own example for why Kaido wasn't rekt. That came off the back of an opening Kaido hadn't even earned. Had Oden actually been able to use his own opening, Kaido would probably be dead. If slashing Kaido's chest once downs him like that, it's apparent that Kaido doesn't have the endurance of someone like Luffy. I'm betting that slicing his neck would result in him bleeding out even if he isn't decapitated.
To be fair I don't think anyone has endurance like Luffy. Luffy's want to push forward seems to exceed his body's limits at times(ID and Marineford come to mind) You seem very invested in this hypothetical neck slash but most characters would bleed out if their neck is sliced with the possible exception being Top top tiers, which, despite how you feel given this flashback Kaido still is.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
To be fair I don't think anyone has endurance like Luffy. Luffy's want to push forward seems to exceed his body's limits at times(ID and Marineford come to mind) You seem very invested in this hypothetical neck slash but most characters would bleed out if their neck is sliced with the possible exception being Top top tiers, which, despite how you feel given this flashback Kaido still is.
WB stood after dozens of shots, stabs, and having a hole put in his head. Kaido fell after being slashed once. It's clear Kaido's endurance isn't anything special. The issue is just hidden by his scales allowing him to never get put into that position.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
WB stood after dozens of shots, stabs, and having a hole put in his head. Kaido fell after being slashed once. It's clear Kaido's endurance isn't anything special. The issue is just hidden by his scales allowing him to never get put into that position.
If you say so, I mean it contradicts the manga but if you say so. Did you forget how even when trying to be executed blades broke, ropes snapped etc. You think during all those attempts nobody put him in seastone cuffs to prevent his dragon form?

Also shots from a gun and stabs from low level marines don't = an attack from Oden. The only comparable injury to WB is Akainu's and I suppose you could argue Oden stomach shot = Akainu stomach shot but I suppose you could also argue this chapter just shows/implies Oden was as strong as or stronger than Akainu?

And he fell, not passed out or stayed down. As I said he was up within an instant and returning the attack. Yes it made an opening Oden could have taken advantage of but you're acting as if that single attack ended the fight. Who knows how many of those attacks it would have actually taken to keep Kaidou down or kill him?

Last edited:

Rej

Veteran
Kin
2,810💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:hs: Oden my man, sadly Kaido's true strenght is still a goddamn mystery, he got slashed in his Zoan form that time, also Kaido looked the same as now back then...he is a giant atleast, that's confirmed.

Reactions: Erikhog

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If you say so, I mean it contradicts the manga but if you say so. Did you forget how even when trying to be executed blades broke, ropes snapped etc. You think during all those attempts nobody put him in seastone cuffs to prevent his dragon form?

Also shots from a gun and stabs from low level marines don't = an attack from Oden. The only comparable injury to WB is Akainu's and I suppose you could argue Oden stomach shot = Akainu stomach shot but I suppose you could also argue this chapter just shows/implies Oden was as strong as or stronger than Akainu?

And he fell, not passed out or stayed down. As I said he was up within an instant and returning the attack. Yes it made an opening Oden could have taken advantage of but you're acting as if that single attack ended the fight. Who knows how many of those attacks it would have actually taken to keep Kaidou down or kill him?
All those failures to kill Kaido are only reinforcing what I said. It's not that he can handle severe damage, but that his body prevents it. Although it wasn't his scales, his skin is also tough, so it serves the same function(obscuring Kaido's endurance). There's nothing to say Kaido is cabable of a surviving a slash through his neck, but there is reason to believe he'd die if he's dropped by a single slash to the chest. This is to contrast with WB. WB recieved a ton of attacks from fodders, but the injuries themselves were still as real as those Oden inflicted. If Oden chopped off Kaido's hand and some random scrub chopped off WB's hand, there's no real difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.